PDA

View Full Version : making your pure PM....worth the time/money?

majan
May 1, 2007, 10:11 AM
so some of us have gone the adventurous way and threw out the hundreds of K's that it took to make a pure synthesis PM.now,I ask you all,is it worth it?
my friend spent somewhere in between 6 and 800k on his,and promptly failed somthing like 8 of 11 8 star weapons.despite a good streak lately,that does not justify the amount of time/money required to raise one,IMO.

I failed 2 of 5 twin sabers with a 79% synthesis rate.2 of 3 6 star wands with the same synthesis rate as well.

if it werent for all the other people out there who complain equally if not even more and say it isnt worth it to get the pure pm,I woudnt even have mentioned this,but its time for a discussion.whats your pot luck?do you find your bot was worth making pure?and why the hell does it not have at least a slight chance of getting a better element %?

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 10:18 AM
ive heard wayy too many failures from pure PMs.

then ppl with normal ones (like me) making many weapons.

i say, "not worth the effort"

Thrash777
May 1, 2007, 10:26 AM
I'm working on a plain pure striking, cos I wanna synth weapons I actually get boards for, and because I'm a hunter/fighter class anyway.

majan
May 1, 2007, 10:28 AM
my advice to you,thrash,is to stay tuned to this thread before you completely indulge in that.people may come in here with some things that may broaden your understanding of the woes that is synthesis with a pure PM.

Eleina
May 1, 2007, 10:35 AM
Pure PM are just as bad as hybrids ones...they are failures when it comes to synthing v_v

TorterraEndor
May 1, 2007, 10:38 AM
As long as your PMs synth trend is the one you want, you'll be pretty fine.

20 levels in a stat raises the success rate by only a few percent anyways.

amtalx
May 1, 2007, 10:41 AM
Luck is luck. I find it strange that people seem to think that because a PM is "Pure" its exempt from all laws of probability. A Pure PM just increases the chance of making an item. You are still going to have failures with Pures...lots of them. But over time, the general trend should be that Pure PMs are slightly better at making items than hybrids.

Retehi
May 1, 2007, 10:45 AM
My pure ranged PM is just there for the S-rank guns I'll never find.

majan
May 1, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-05-01 08:45, Retehi wrote:

hahahaha.dont discredit yourself man.blame sega because they ..uh.. havent given us them yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Cz
May 1, 2007, 10:51 AM
i have all 4 pure of each category. My only disappointment is how the armor gets really low % even with a pure armor pm. 9* armor = 37%, 10* armor is like 24% or something....haha now try and find a 10* armor just to fail miserably.

majan
May 1, 2007, 11:09 AM
yeah armor is absolutely ridiculous.they could really have tweaked that just a little bit, or if the synth rate will be so damn low, make the chance of getting a good percent be a little higher, or make it less than 40soemthing damn resins per synth.god help us when the S ranks come out.12 star armors will likely require something liek 60 some odd -polymers.thast why most people probably wont bother getting them because how much better than a 10 * one can it be?and further,you obvoiusly can use s rank items in any s rank armor.10* armors ar eprobably going to be the sweet spot for a long time.

DraginHikari
May 1, 2007, 11:11 AM
Pure pm just equal 20% percent on the success rate from my understand any not much more. Other then Tech, pure pm are extremely easy to make anyway.

Dhylec
May 1, 2007, 11:22 AM
I help making 2 pure PM's, mine & my bro's, they failed at synths just like my other hybrids. Maybe a bit less, but still fail at times, since synth trend is not a real factor.

e_Tard
May 1, 2007, 11:41 AM
I have pures for range and armor, and an impure tech (15 striking/85 tech ). Interestingly enough, my impure tech has had better luck lately than both my pures... go figure...

I'm only missing out on 4% when compared to a pure tech anyway, so I would have to say pures aren't worth it. If you have the extra money laying around you might as well though, it can only help.

Drucifer
May 1, 2007, 11:45 AM
I have a pure ranged and a impure striking. The impure one has had MUCH better luck synthing than my pure one. My ranged started 1-6 on deathmakers, 1-6 phantoms, and 2-3 cubo dunga. Personaly i think all the money i put into making mine pure was a waste...

JAFO22000
May 1, 2007, 12:00 PM
One thing about a failure on a pure PM: You never have to wonder "What if I had those extra few percentage points??". When you fail a synth, at least you know you failed it with the best possible chance of success.

Thrash777
May 1, 2007, 12:09 PM
I'm making an effort to make mine pure, I just feed it striking weapons anyway...

majan
May 1, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-05-01 10:00, JAFO22000 wrote:
One thing about a failure on a pure PM: You never have to wonder "What if I had those extra few percentage points??". When you fail a synth, at least you know you failed it with the best possible chance of success.

yes but hwen you consistently fail and fail,and when you do finally suceed,until they change the distribution of pct's come the expansion,its a low pct.what i wonder is how you go to some of these player shops and peopl ehave like 8 heavy twins up 5 of them have 44% and the rest have 50% elements.lucky bastards?or just he synthesizes such a mass amount?I dunno.

seems liek a scam,a little bit.failing things again and again after all the money you spend making them, just to fail.seems like a trap to me.sega coul dbe scamming us for all we know.

JAFO22000
May 1, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-05-01 10:26, majan wrote:
yes but hwen you consistently fail and fail,and when you do finally suceed,until they change the distribution of pct's come the expansion,its a low pct.what i wonder is how you go to some of these player shops and peopl ehave like 8 heavy twins up 5 of them have 44% and the rest have 50% elements.lucky bastards?or just he synthesizes such a mass amount?I dunno.

seems liek a scam,a little bit.failing things again and again after all the money you spend making them, just to fail.seems like a trap to me.sega coul dbe scamming us for all we know.

Firstly, it was a pain to read your post and try to discern what you are trying to convey.

Anyhow, I don't "consistantly fail", nor do I consistantly succeed. I don't know of anyone who does either. Most I speak with have around the same success that I have. I have gotten some high percentages and some low ones...I would say my average percentage on melee weapons would be around 24%.

As for the player shops you mentioned, perhaps it is one shop that is supplied by many players on a team or in a cult....I mean "clan" and the money earned is split. If not, I would suppose that people run Seabed or CB all day, every day for the money to synth items.

As for the last portion of your post...yes, yes it is a scam. Sega hates all of us and is trapping us into a scam. I don't know why, but this MUST be the reason....

drizzle
May 1, 2007, 01:15 PM
There is no real reason to not go for a pure PM.

JAFO22000
May 1, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-05-01 11:15, drizzle wrote:
There is no real reason to not go for a pure PM.

Sure there is. If you don't want to synth things and just want to use your PM to help in missions, then going pure would actually be idiotic given the fact that an "impure" one can be made for a lot cheaper.

Titan
May 1, 2007, 01:26 PM
<3 422 She's the imperfect perfect PM for Battle as far as synthing I don't bother, my other 3 pure's are good enough. I have no range PM so I'll just rely on friend/trading like I've been doing.

Mystil
May 1, 2007, 05:25 PM

On 2007-05-01 10:00, JAFO22000 wrote:

During the hexesta period, losing a couple mil was no big deal and people could spam synths all day. Ontop of the synth glitch.

Soukosa
May 1, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-05-01 08:38, TorterraEndor wrote:

Synth trend is meaningless. It has no effect on the synth rates at all.

On 2007-05-01 08:47, majan wrote:

hahahaha.dont discredit yourself man.blame sega because they ..uh.. havent given us them yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

There's an S rank weapon for melee, ranged, and tech. Two of those three even show up in more than one mission. Yes, that's not very many but hardly none at all.

For those that are interested, here's a simple synth calculator (http://psu.amesani.org/project/synth/calc.php) I made after gathering the rates for all of the standard gears.

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-05-01 18:09, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-05-01 08:38, TorterraEndor wrote:

Synth trend is meaningless. It has no effect on the synth rates at all.

On 2007-05-01 08:47, majan wrote:

There's an S rank weapon for melee, ranged, and tech. Two of those three even show up in more than one mission. Yes, that's not very many but hardly none at all.

For those that are interested, here's a simple synth calculator (http://psu.amesani.org/project/synth/calc.php) I made after gathering the rates for all of the standard gears.

Hey this is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing this.

majan
May 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-05-01 11:12, JAFO22000 wrote:

Firstly, it was a pain to read your post and try to discern what you are trying to convey.

Anyhow, I don't "consistantly fail", nor do I consistantly succeed. I don't know of anyone who does either. Most I speak with have around the same success that I have. I have gotten some high percentages and some low ones...I would say my average percentage on melee weapons would be around 24%.

As for the player shops you mentioned, perhaps it is one shop that is supplied by many players on a team or in a cult....I mean "clan" and the money earned is split. If not, I would suppose that people run Seabed or CB all day, every day for the money to synth items.

As for the last portion of your post...yes, yes it is a scam. Sega hates all of us and is trapping us into a scam. I don't know why, but this MUST be the reason....

yeah sorry it was hard to read.I was at school and in the middle of 2 different things...typing/grammar was a little messy

anyhow,idk if you were being sarcastic with the 'sega hates us all' thing or if your just exaggerating and agreeing but...hell,it seems to me that if you are going to put an option in a game that requires a lot of time being invested into it(feeding every 12 hours,gathering the resources to do it in the first place) it sounds like youll be staying tuned and paying the 10 bucks a month.its an incentive to play and keep the money flowing into their pockets.hell,thats what the entire game is in the first place,but this ones pretty ridiculous.they could have at least made it worth it.its like those people who camp out of linear line ALL DAY hunting rappies and get nada,then the dude whos just running to seabed or crimson beast or something stumbles upon 2 rare spawns and gets all the loot.

Kimil
May 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
Making a PM/Almost Pure PM is an investment for the future http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure the real payout will be on S Rank weapons.

My Pure Strike PM wasn't a waste of money, in my opinion.

Note the bolded text.

Now note it again.

MayLee
May 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
Pure PMs can fail just like half-breeds. I don't think a couple more percent differences will change anything.

The only thing that will be pure for me is Armor and Range.

Micki_Monday
May 2, 2007, 10:51 AM
I think it's totally worth it, making a pure PM. With my striking PM (and all the lovely photons I'd been saving) I was able to deck out my FF with all the 9* weapons and elements I needed. True, alot of the synths failed and most of the elements are rather low, but it's much more fun making your own stuff! You could buy a bunch of cheap 10-18%'s from player shops, but it's so much more exciting when you have the hope of pulling a high % from the PM.

Alpha-Hunter
May 2, 2007, 11:16 AM
Every little bit helps. nuff said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kiku
May 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
My GH422 has had excellent luck when creating single claws. The strike stat is at 37.
I've already made 6 perfect synths without a single failure. When it came to the PM, I just wanted the 42X series (Planning on getting 424). After I decided on synthesizing my own weapons, I discovered that I'm not doing so bad for a very dirty mixed PM.

Jasam
May 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
A 20% improvement is equivilent one extra success in 5.
That seems worth it to me.
Unless you going for the 420 for battle purposes.

*note* That calculater puts it closer to a 30% diffrence for 9*s... thats pritty daman sugnificant if you ask me... its over doubling the success rate ¬.¬*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jasam on 2007-05-02 09:34 ]</font>

majan
May 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-05-02 08:51, Micki_Monday wrote:
I think it's totally worth it, making a pure PM. With my striking PM (and all the lovely photons I'd been saving) I was able to deck out my FF with all the 9* weapons and elements I needed. True, alot of the synths failed and most of the elements are rather low, but it's much more fun making your own stuff! You could buy a bunch of cheap 10-18%'s from player shops, but it's so much more exciting when you have the hope of pulling a high % from the PM.

first off,grats.

and I agree that making your own stuff is fun,but the question is is it worth it to go the extra mile to get a level 100 pure one for synthesis purposes or to stick with a hybrid or just a base..

SolomonGrundy
May 2, 2007, 05:02 PM
luck (not photon fortune, but plain old faished luck) must play a big part in synthing.

To date I have tried to synth 12, 7* weapons
(axe, jitseen, single dagger)
67% is what the PM says.

I ended up with 3. That's 25% for those not good with math.

On the 6* front, my luck has not been much better: total of 15 syths (5 boards), 79% is what the PM says

I ended up with 8, which is better...53%

Now I know all you statiticians out there are going to tell me that these are not a statistically good sample, but I don't give a flying fig. I can go buy a 18-22% 7* melee weapon in player shops for 50-80K, and given the cost of synth materials it's simple economical sense to do so.

majan
May 2, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-05-02 15:02, SolomonGrundy wrote:
luck (not photon fortune, but plain old faished luck) must play a big part in synthing.

To date I have tried to synth 12, 7* weapons
(axe, jitseen, single dagger)
67% is what the PM says.

I ended up with 3. That's 25% for those not good with math.

On the 6* front, my luck has not been much better: total of 15 syths (5 boards), 79% is what the PM says

I ended up with 8, which is better...53%

Now I know all you statiticians out there are going to tell me that these are not a statistically good sample, but I don't give a flying fig. I can go buy a 18-22% 7* melee weapon in player shops for 50-80K, and given the cost of synth materials it's simple economical sense to do so.

well pointed out.only problem is,idk what servers you are playing on,finding weapons for so cheap.dick heads nowadays with the shop prices get so damn ridiculous that its impossible to find a weapon for a decent price.you are,though,very right about the synth mat prices.pricing things above hte NPC price is all the rage on the 360 servers right now.

but I think people like to syhnth because it is rather fun to do your own thing and be in control of wat you get.only problem with that is,you run the risk of getting unlucky,which is what we all are complaining about.only thing is,if were gonna shell out hudnreds of thousands of meseta for a pure pm for synthesis purposes,the luck problem shoudl be quelled just a little bit.of course everybody should be able to fail now and then but it should be considerably different when it comes to a pure pm,man.Im slowly considering mine to be a waste of all that meseta and feeding and crap.I could have kept all that money and time used to feed to make even more money, and had similar luck with a zero pm,from what Im gathering from you all.but then Id second guess myself when it fails saying,shit,I shoudl have had the extra sytnh pct..

..but now,Im second guessing having the better synth rate cus it hasnt seem to have done a damn thing

Ravennittes
May 2, 2007, 07:15 PM
Why isn't there an option that says 'use friends pm'?

Shiryuu
May 2, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-05-01 08:51, BunnyGirl wrote:
i have all 4 pure of each category. My only disappointment is how the armor gets really low % even with a pure armor pm. 9* armor = 37%, 10* armor is like 24% or something....haha now try and find a 10* armor just to fail miserably.

I heard 10* armor is 51% or something.

Soukosa
May 2, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-05-02 17:41, Shiryuu wrote:

It is exactly 51% at max (with an element), on top of a 32 hour synth time. People seem to fail to realize that S ranks have a higher rate since you only get one shot at it per board.

majan
May 3, 2007, 12:26 PM
32 hour synth time?ummm.....

anyway...yeah,s rank boards are better because you get 1 shot so the sytnh rate is usually pretty decent or fixed,from what Ive been told.75% for halarod,am I right?

SirDeimos
May 3, 2007, 03:24 PM
On this Pure impure pm thing, whats the quickest way to make a pure tech pm? Without spending a million. Heh. I have a striking and ranged one now and id say my strk i get 2 outta 3 items off every board 7-8-9* s when it was impure i did around 1 outta 3 sometimes 2, pure makes a small difference.

SolomonGrundy
May 3, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-05-02 18:30, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-05-02 17:41, Shiryuu wrote:

It is exactly 51% at max (with an element), on top of a 32 hour synth time. People seem to fail to realize that S ranks have a higher rate since you only get one shot at it per board.

I would trade higher syth chance for less synths per boards ANY DAY.

Give me 65% chance on A rank boards and only 1 shot at it please. This 45% chance BS sucks.

Fulgore
May 3, 2007, 08:09 PM
Ok, heres the deal......flip a coin, you have 50/50 chance of success right?....well try flipping a coin, getting a successful flip, then having to flip again and go 50/50 on it (obviously)..

...now, if you even understand what I mean....realize this! You only get a 1 in 4 chance of success with a dirty PM on a Mira-Kikami......so it's like flipping a coin, getting lucky and then having to flip AGAIN and get lucky AGAIN! just to get the synth......where as with my PURE pm I get a straight 50/50 and yeah....so far it's working for me! Not to mention that extra boost on S Weapons or Rare Armors (like Rabol Rappy) is Totally worth it.

Those are just my thoughts....and the only PM that's a pain to make is the Technic so.....yeah

Nobo
May 3, 2007, 09:04 PM
My PM blows. Easy and simple 100range fails all three beamguns on a board.

Soukosa
May 4, 2007, 12:15 AM
On 2007-05-03 10:26, majan wrote:
75% for halarod,am I right?

Yeah. 10* ranged and tech weapons get 75% at max. Elemental 10* melee weapons get 85% at max. No word on 11* weapons yet (there's a couple of those now).

On 2007-05-03 14:07, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I would trade higher syth chance for less synths per boards ANY DAY.

Give me 65% chance on A rank boards and only 1 shot at it please. This 45% chance BS sucks.

That's a little debatable. Most materials aren't that hard to get. Getting the money to buy the board could be harder.

On things that require harder to get materials, you only get 1 shot at it per board anyways. Some of those you even hit the max rate before lv 100 in that stat by some time but I still need to check into that some more.