PDA

View Full Version : The future of forces...

DurakkenX
May 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
In the future when Rentis is released...if you think that the "shifta/deband nao" command is annoying, just wait. I predict that Every time someone gets hit 3 times they will be yelling for more rentis... scary thought no?

JAFO22000
May 1, 2007, 01:25 PM
IF Rentis is released.

Davot
May 1, 2007, 01:25 PM
so tru my friend so tru

Shiro_Ryuu
May 1, 2007, 01:28 PM
Its definitely coming out. It'll be great for the jarbas who cast megid if it gives megid immunity. But I think its still best to avoid it, even with the rentis which is just in case.

DurakkenX
May 1, 2007, 01:32 PM
It gives immunity to all technics as far as i have seen. I can't confirm debuffs though. In some cases it's harder not to get hit several times though ^.^

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 01:32 PM
LoLz i will have ONE rod for shields (like buffs)

once it runs out; o well. unless they can donate a photon charge

JAFO22000
May 1, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-05-01 11:28, Shiroryuu wrote:
Its definitely coming out. It'll be great for the jarbas who cast megid if it gives megid immunity. But I think its still best to avoid it, even with the rentis which is just in case.

Really? I wasn't aware that ST confirmed it's release....

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-05-01 11:40, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-05-01 11:28, Shiroryuu wrote:

well its offline...

JAFO22000
May 1, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-05-01 11:42, Rashiid wrote:

well its offline...

[/quote]

So are inflated drop rates and classes which are able to equip many different weapons.

Just because it's offline doesn't mean it's going to be online.

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 01:47 PM
That's why I don't play with pick up groups. ;D

As a Wartecher, I won't be getting Dizas or Rentis. I hardly use my buffs/debuffs as it is.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 01:50 PM
well things offline just shift online, but its not like its unreleased.

so far we got it all things cept S ranks and sum missions.

Oniko
May 1, 2007, 01:52 PM
Considering how short the range is, I forsee many Fotetecher deaths as a result of trying to get that PA spamming Fighgunner his/her rentis >.>

If it is released, I don't think this is a buff you keep up except for in bad situations like a bunch of Jarba's, it's too limited range wise for a mid-battle refresher without proper cooperation.

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 01:56 PM
Rentis and Dizas will just lead to laziness. People will stop trying to dodge because they expect to always have the shields on, and when they don't they'll come here and start "OMG TEH FORCES WONT SHIELD MEH" threads. >.>;

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 01:57 PM
iill shield when threats come about or a boss.

i wont shield against effin Badiras >.>

Soukosa
May 1, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-05-01 11:50, Rashiid wrote:

What happens offline doesn't exactly mean it'll happen online, especially missions. Do we even have a single exact copy of an offline mission online? We're not getting that Absolute Zero mission ever so just get over it.

TorterraEndor
May 1, 2007, 03:30 PM
Does anyone bother to realize, Rentis and Dizas aren't that good?

Especially for the PP cost.

SolomonGrundy
May 1, 2007, 03:47 PM
rentis is not good, it's great.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-05-01 13:28, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-05-01 11:50, Rashiid wrote:

What happens offline doesn't exactly mean it'll happen online, especially missions. Do we even have a single exact copy of an offline mission online? We're not getting that Absolute Zero mission ever so just get over it.

either way, when it comes to Skills/Bullets/Techs, we have so far.

i dont see why they wouldnt put them in.

especially giving NPCs them, meaning that its programmed in the system for network mode.

Akaimizu
May 1, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-05-01 13:30, TorterraEndor wrote:
Does anyone bother to realize, Rentis and Dizas aren't that good?

Especially for the PP cost.

It depends. Most Guntechers learn to dodge nearly everything and anything thrown at them. Being hit only a few times per level is something they get used to. Of course, that much insurance is absolutely 100% golden for them. That's almost a get past the level without dying or self-healing, for free card. Every level has a more problematic issue part. Once recognized, maybe one casts it once or twice per level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-01 13:57 ]</font>

Aralia
May 1, 2007, 03:57 PM
for the love of god... if people bother me for dizas/rentis and they get da boot >.>

All I can say is, if people obsess over these spells, I'll fore-go them.
At least till the expansion, and that's only if they get extra hits after 31 and 41....

jayster
May 1, 2007, 03:58 PM
i'v never seen a jellen/ deband shortcut....

Akaimizu
May 1, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-05-01 13:57, Aralia wrote:
for the love of god... if people bother me for dizas/rentis and they get da boot >.>

At least till the expansion, and that's only if they get extra hits after 31 and 41....

Well, that goes for just about everything that ever makes assumptions for how you play a class. Adding this has nothing to do with that. It's all in the community, as into how elitist (must play a class one way) an environment becomes.

Aralia
May 1, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-05-01 14:02, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-05-01 13:57, Aralia wrote:

Well, that goes for just about everything that ever makes assumptions for how you play a class. Adding this has nothing to do with that. It's all in the community, as into how elitist (must play a class one way) an environment becomes.

I say this because as it is, I assume the pure support role as it is when we're in a difficult area.
(buffs, rebuffs, resta/reverser... and now dizas and rentis.... I'll never get a chance to cast debuffs to get exp. People will need to realize that it's impossible to avoid ALL attacks by way of dizas/rentis, they're meant for security, not immunity)

Cz
May 1, 2007, 04:37 PM
my force is not for you to command. She will not deal with the demanding type person, so bug off and go away...if someone really makes a big deal about my abilities, then i will simply leave that team and join a new one. I havent been in a game where someone tells me what to do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 04:41 PM
What "shifta/deband nao!" command? The only people who demand you to have buffs are forces.

"Gather to be.....ENFORCED!"
"Time for Resse's buffs cereal"
"Buffs?"
"WTF buffs from a Cast?!"
"Come're if you want your buffs!"

All from random forces.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 05:07 PM
yeah mah friend has NO buffs [[cept Retier]] and he never got any complaints.

i buff randomly, i dont like having the mission being stopped just for a little more power.

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 05:27 PM
People moving > Dizas/Rentis....

Seriously, Im getting them, but PRIMARILY for when I try and solo Fakis S http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If I hear 'SHEILD OR GTFO' Im Gtfo'ing.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 05:46 PM
best excuse;

"...what, do i look like some Acrotecher to you??"

Jeremiah
May 1, 2007, 07:32 PM
I'll likely get both for my wartecher just for the sake that I made her primary elements light and earth. But besides that I like to support as my WT.

Allison_W
May 1, 2007, 07:40 PM
As someone who likes playing support, I know I'll be getting Rentis. However, I will be saving it for situations where it's called for, such as Jarbas. Megid Dodgeball insurance ftw.

Inazuma
May 1, 2007, 08:12 PM
lately ive been thinking that we wont ever get the barrier techs.....
they just seem too good. having a high pp cost would help a lot for balance, but it wouldnt stop one person from carrying tons of 1-star rods just constantly spamming barriers during the whole mission, basically granting invinciblity to the entire party.

but even after saying that, i want the barrier techs more than anything in psu!

Kimil
May 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
I would love these Techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I wouldn't mind them being high-PP because I will be

On 2007-05-01 18:12, Inazuma wrote:
carrying tons of 1-star rods Mags and Wands just constantly spamming barriers during the whole mission,

PLus, I'm sure that people wouldn't complain about me being a Beast Arco Techer if I was spamming this the whole time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif (plus buff/debuffs/heals/revives, should take up a lot of my time) And I wouldn't mind, easy job.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-05-01 18:18 ]</font>

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:46, Rashiid wrote:
best excuse;

"...what, do i look like some Acrotecher to you??"

I take offense to that.

*pulls out Cupcake Launcher, Switches to stale muffin's*

*Rashiid is affected by Crumbs all over self SE Lvl 4*

Scion
May 1, 2007, 08:50 PM
Hmmmmm...It's kinda weird that everyone's so concerned about these shields now. No one really even knew what the hell they were until, like, 2 weeks ago.

I'm getting them. I already know exactly which rods I want them on too, lol.

Yeah, it's already annoying to deal with people who EXPECT me to buff them and crap. I mean, I have no problem doing it. If I can help make my team rip through a mission, then that makes me feel better as a force, and a person. xD But I have run into those jerks who have "buff plz" as a FUCKING SHORTCUT. And, now it's going to turn into "buff/rentis/dizas plz". (Or, "buff/shield plz" maybe?)

OH! And I can see myself getting into more fights with GTs and WTs over who's going to do it...That sure was fun when January 12th came along.

That's what I see in the future. At least on my end.

Let the fun begin...>.>

Spellbinder
May 1, 2007, 09:02 PM
Hmmmmm...It's kinda weird that everyone's so concerned about these shields now. No one really even knew what the hell they were until, like, 2 weeks ago.

That's probably because they skipped Offline Mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Their existence is certainly old news to me, how they're implimented online is what I don't know yet.

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-05-01 18:50, Hikaru-san wrote:
OH! And I can see myself getting into more fights with GTs and WTs over who's going to do it...LET THE GUNTECHERS DO IT. Then cast yours only on yourself, and laugh as the GT dies.

I would seriously do that. XD

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 09:11 PM

I played story mode before I went online so I knew in October XD.

Scion
May 1, 2007, 09:16 PM
Heh, yeah, I've known about these ever since I bought this game and brought offline Hikaru to level 100. Offline's too easy to need them though, so I never used them, lol.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 1, 2007, 09:41 PM
I found out about this when doing extra mode w/ Maya and she was so impressed at how awesome Shiro Ryuu was and gave him Rentis.

Palefire
May 1, 2007, 09:44 PM
Considering I usually stick to the groups of people I know who consider my buffs and heals helpful to the overall team effort rather than expecting them, I'll be getting Rentis as one more Technic to help my buddies out. As for anyone else: if they can't be assed to get within my casting range when the buff wears off, I can't be assed to risk my own behind just to chase them down and keep casting it on every single moron who isn't keeping an eye on his/her status.

I will also be getting it to keep myself from constantly getting one-shotted by Megid. Because it's always that one time I can't dodge that the SE chooses to kick in. Every. Single. Damn. Time.

Inazuma
May 1, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-05-01 19:02, Spellbinder wrote:

That's probably because they skipped Offline Mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Their existence is certainly old news to me, how they're implimented online is what I don't know yet.

you sure about that? some of the pms and npcs use the barrier techs. they work the same as they did in offline mode too.

Spellbinder
May 1, 2007, 10:48 PM
Well you know how we were Inazuma http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif with all the downtime we had at launch, offline mode was our best friend so we got to see alot of stuff before we had the opportunity to online.

On 2007-05-01 19:11, VanHalen wrote:

I played story mode before I went online so I knew in October XD.

I like this guy ^_^ hehe.

Arika
May 1, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-05-01 11:57, Rashiid wrote:
iill shield when threats come about or a boss.

i wont shield against effin Badiras >.>

so true...