PDA

View Full Version : So what's the proper way to trade without getting scammed?

LozengeofLove
May 1, 2007, 03:25 PM
I never trade with anyone, yet I've been playing this game forever. So what's the proper way to make a trade without getting scammed?

Dhylec
May 1, 2007, 03:36 PM
At the risk of losing all, trade one item at a time?

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 03:38 PM
Pay attention. It gives you multiple changes to cancel the trade. Make sure your getting what you agreed on.

People will try and swap out items and think you don't notice, or they'll say they hit the wrong button, and instead of that 50% weapon they'll put up a neutral one of the same type and think you won't check.

Just stay on your toes, and you'll be fine.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 1, 2007, 03:39 PM
Take everything one step at a time. ;D

Also, if an item trade were to be "accidentally canceled," give time to look over the items within your trade session in case someone tries to pull some funny business on yah. >;D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-05-01 13:41 ]</font>

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 03:40 PM
just look at the screen. dont just go about pressing 'A' all the time. READ!!

LozengeofLove
May 1, 2007, 03:40 PM
so I wait for them to confirm first? then I confirm?

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 03:43 PM
just be smart.

confirm. and if they take something out, a message will appear on you screen that the trade has been altered.

then, when it asks you to finalize, LOOK AT THE ITEMS!!

if what you want is not there, then back out.

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 03:44 PM
Yes, keep looking at what they have, if it's different at all, be sure to continually check it if it's a melee wep, as they might change it to one with a crappy percentage.

Garanz-Baranz
May 1, 2007, 03:44 PM
All in all, just be last to confirm/finalize.

That way your safe from that theift crud.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 03:53 PM
yeah, and if they keep saying "No you confirm 1st", then just back out and blacklist em. Guarenteed scammer.

galaxy
May 1, 2007, 05:46 PM
well rashiid, if everyone says "no you first" than no one will ever trade. maybe the people on the other end think you might be a scammer too.

it doesnt really matter if you confirm first or last, just do not confirm anything without checking through the items yourself. always check ALL items whenever any alteration is made.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 05:49 PM
all depends on the tone of the voice too. [[360 that is, or those...V..server...thingys..]]

ppl that dont scam always just confirm right away. so if you notice an akward delay [[like, he/she just doesnt put stuff in there]] then question them.

sad enuff the communitys gone to this.....

Cz
May 1, 2007, 06:27 PM
an honest trade wouldnt even last very long...i say about 30sec. If that person takes too long and pretend to messed up, you can tell that he is up to no good.

Thrash777
May 1, 2007, 10:43 PM
...or you could ask them to put it up for sale in their shop...

SarinSerafi
May 1, 2007, 11:20 PM
Thankfully, I've never gotten scammed or even had anyone attempt to scam me. I always check, and I'm sure they do too. Just take extra precautions. I'm grateful the trade system in this game makes you double, even triple check your stuff before you finalize. Not enough people do this, sadly. It saddens me to hear about people getting scammed by this trade system, because it really is very easy to prevent it.

However, I think my major concern is trading more than 4 items at a time for one thing (for example, trading a Har/Quick for 3 armors and 2 weapons). How would you do it? Would it be the unit for 4 items, then trade again for the last 1? The armor/weapon person could just log off and keep the remaining 1 thing (while not absolutely terrible, it breaks the trade agreement they had). Then there's the option of the armor/weapon person trading 3 things, then opening another trade for the unit and 2 other things. But the unit person could log off with 3 free stuff, leaving the other person without their unit.

Situations like those are tricky - gotta go by pure trust and that person's reputation in the community at that point. That alone makes some people iffy as well, though. :/ This is why I try to keep trades to 3-4 items only, so everything can go through in one shot.

AC9breaker
May 2, 2007, 12:21 AM
Head to forest 1.
Stand about 20 feet away from each other.
At count 3 you will both Drop items you have agreed to trade for.(Except don't drop that item, drop a fake!)
Run over and pick up their item.
Good game.

cheeezitz
May 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
Wow. I am saddened by the lack of intelligence of somebody who cannot figure out the trading system of this game. It is even worse that all of you feel compelled to help. LOL

pineapple
May 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-05-01 22:21, AC9breaker wrote:
Head to forest 1.
Stand about 20 feet away from each other.
At count 3 you will both Drop items you have agreed to trade for.(Except don't drop that item, drop a fake!)
Run over and pick up their item.
Good game.

This is what I was going to suggest. Drop trading is the ultimate in security.

amtalx
May 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
Make it yourself! The most secure trade of all!

DikkyRay
May 2, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hered what i do (Cause everyone loves my opinion!)
1. WHen trading constnantly remind the person that you do not wanna get scammed
2. Make sure the stuff is legit
3. Bitch about how some guy screwed you over
4. "accidently" canel the trade
5. Say some BS like "Oh sorry brother hit me" Or some crap.
NNOW IT CAN GO IN 2 DIRECTIONS!
6a) (not fun way) Guy goes w/e thats your only chance at the trade
7a) Bitch and whine about how people are jerks on PSU and that the economy is screwed up
now its
6b) Open up trade menu once again
7b) Repeat steps 1-5
8b) Continue until you get bored and accpet, or he cancels. If he cancels, go to 7a.

Dikky's an Asshole
Indeed i am.
anyway as people have said before, make sure that the person does not trick you out. Constantly make sure that they keep the items there.
And imo, i say you confirm second, so they do not get cheated.
And (this may sound corny) But ask around if people know if (Player) has been known to scam. Chances are if he is a scammer, he has struck before and people know about it
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALways check the trade before you finalize

Mystil
May 2, 2007, 07:22 PM
In PSO I traded a God/power for S Reds, the guy asked me was a sure about it lol.

Yeah I scammed myself but I wanted those S-Reds =p.

Ravennittes
May 2, 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm a force so all i got to worry about is paying the guy most of the time ha ha. Usually I trade with people I've played with since the beginning of this game ^.^ .

pionear
May 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-05-02 13:19, cheeezitz wrote:
Wow. I am saddened by the lack of intelligence of somebody who cannot figure out the trading system of this game. It is even worse that all of you feel compelled to help. LOL

The guy was just asking for people opinions on the matter, Mr. Know It All.

Starlet
May 5, 2007, 08:23 PM
More than not, sometimes it takes me more than few mins to complete the trade--my fault, being so ditzy. I have done lot of 4+ items for 1 trade, & so far NP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So, don't worry too much over it. I do, as a rule, trade after trading cards though.

Sylpheed
May 6, 2007, 07:28 AM
I just don't trade from person to person if i want something i buy it from a player's shop simple as that way chance of scamming = 0%

Eleina
May 6, 2007, 07:49 AM
Just don't trade http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif no scams that way!!!
Or just take it slowly and pay attention to what the other guy is doing so you don't go finalizing a scam...