PDA

View Full Version : SUV in EXTRA mode?

Saligun
May 1, 2007, 04:02 PM
From the little i have read getting a SUV weapon in this mode is a pain in the ass,While online it's as simple as reaching level 20 as a cast.Please explain how it works in extra mode and why do you think it such a chore.THANKS...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-05-01 14:03 ]</font>

Akaimizu
May 1, 2007, 04:04 PM
It isn't. You simply need to get to Level 20. On the other hand, I think you need to earn your SUVs offline. That mainly requires a reward for gaining a certain rank in certain missions. It just means you may need to play a little more to beable to ensure you clear a mission fast enough. But considering the speedy fashion of which you level, I doubt it's more trouble than online. Just remember, Level 20 offline is accomplished within 4 hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-01 14:05 ]</font>

Turambar
May 1, 2007, 06:18 PM
For extra-mode, I believe you need to S-rank certain free missions with certain NPCs to get the SUVs. Same with the 2nd PAs for weapons IIRC.

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 06:21 PM
I know the Linear Line mission on Parum gives you one for an S...Only if your a CAST.. but yeah, I'm pretty sure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HandOfThornz
May 1, 2007, 07:00 PM
extra mode

get an S rank on these missions to get you the following SUV's

Parum:-

Cargo Train Rescue - Hegel Buster
Endrum Ungerground - Rafal Buster

Neudaiz:-

Grove of Fanatics - Blitz Buster

Moatoob:-

Goliath In The Desert - Grom Buster
- Sturm Buster
(the official guide says Tunnel Infestation gives an SUV but does'nt)

SUV's equpitable from level 20 upwards.

Zorafim
May 1, 2007, 07:08 PM
The only fun way to play extra mode is to try getting an S rank in every mission anyway (with the exception of the first one. I mean, 1:50 minutes?)

Just get an S rank in whatever needed missions to get your SUV. Or, buy a hp regen unit in Parum's store and get Dus Robado, it'll do the same thing.

Mayumi
May 3, 2007, 09:09 PM
As a Ranger that first mission is actually pretty easy to do around level 20.
It's not particularly fun, but good for building money up at that sort of level quickly.

ThEoRy
May 4, 2007, 08:02 AM
whats this "extra mode" I keep hearing about?

Eleina
May 4, 2007, 08:52 AM
Trouble with extra mode is that you have a hard time filling up the nanoblast/suv jauge before the end of the mission =/ due to the extreme simplicity of the extra mode

Extra mode is an offline option which is available after chapter 4 of the story mode. You create your caracter like in online and replay the missions you completed with ethan thats it.

Feelmirath
May 4, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-05-01 16:21, Gryffin wrote:
I know the Linear Line mission on Parum gives you one for an S...Only if your a CAST..
Nope, I get 'em as my human.

DemonCloak
May 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
Trouble with extra mode is that it sucks.

Saligun
May 4, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-05-01 17:00, HandOfThornz wrote:
extra mode

- Sturm Buster

Any chance someone could put the s rank time requirements with these missions?THANKS.

ChocoboChad
May 4, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-05-01 17:08, Zorafim wrote:
(I mean, 1:50 minutes?)

I remember that!

Heh, y'know, it's only tough at first. Easily done with the right stuff.

HandOfThornz
May 4, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-05-04 15:19, Saligun wrote:

extra mode

- Sturm Buster

Any chance someone could put the s rank time requirements with these missions?THANKS.

Cargo Train Resue - S rank requirements are -
kill 32 enenies, complete in 6:30 mins

Endrum Ungerground - S rank requirements are -
kill 66 enemies, complete in 12:00 mins

Grove Of Fanatics - S rank requirements are -
kill 57 enemies, complete in 12:00 mins

Goliath In The Desert - S rank requirements are -
kill enemies 46, complete in ?10? mins
(i just ran this mission-goliath in the deaert, i completed it in under 8mins, but im lvl100.the official guide doesnt have any details of this mission. so im guessing under 10 mins!?)

ThEoRy
May 4, 2007, 08:34 PM
On 2007-05-04 06:52, Eleina wrote:
Trouble with extra mode is that you have a hard time filling up the nanoblast/suv jauge before the end of the mission =/ due to the extreme simplicity of the extra mode

Extra mode is an offline option which is available after chapter 4 of the story mode. You create your caracter like in online and replay the missions you completed with ethan thats it.

lol i was being sarcastic.

Saligun
May 4, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-05-04 16:52, HandOfThornz wrote:

On 2007-05-04 15:19, Saligun wrote:

extra mode

- Sturm Buster

Endrum Ungerground - S rank requirements are -
kill 66 enemies, complete in 12:00 mins

Grove Of Fanatics - S rank requirements are -
kill 57 enemies, complete in 12:00 mins

Goliath In The Desert - S rank requirements are -
kill enemies 46, complete in ?10? mins
(i just ran this mission-goliath in the deaert, i completed it in under 8mins, but im lvl100.the official guide doesnt have any details of this mission. so im guessing under 10 mins!?)

THANK YOU...Now i have some idea what kind of time i need to shoot for.

Ethan-Waber
May 6, 2007, 08:33 AM
only bad thing is that it is a bitch to get the SUV all the way up before you reach the boss / end of the mission.

Online is easy to get your SUV all the way but on extra mode it takes nearly the whole level.

XDeviousX
May 6, 2007, 12:18 PM

This one is a pain because after You kill the two guys in the side car on the second block you have to run back to the start of the train to kill the seed vance then rush all the way to block three...

I had to do this mission a few times before I figured this out. Kept thinking about where all the locked doors were... althought the one near the start of block one is usually wothless it sometimes has really good drops and if I weren't so greedy I would have missed the seed vance...

You should be able to do it in plenty of time if you have to right gear, or you over-level...

On 2007-05-06 06:33, Ethan-Waber wrote:
only bad thing is that it is a bitch to get the SUV all the way up before you reach the boss / end of the mission.

Online is easy to get your SUV all the way but on extra mode it takes nearly the whole level.

SUVs and Blasts slow you down too much on the first mission,
just go to the right and kill the two dragons with an ice elemented hand gun from max range and then rush through and kill everything trying to hit as many enemies as possible if you us a PA because those take awhile too, if you can 1 or 2 hit kill with a handgun or normal attack it helps a lot. I only use saber.gun or dagger/gun combos for speed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-05-06 10:22 ]</font>

Saligun
May 6, 2007, 06:18 PM
I have done the cargo train mission over a dozen times and i still can't find enemy no 32.i have only every reached 31 killed,if the enemy is behind the 1st door that you need a key for no enemy drops one until near the end of the mission and it's for the 2nd door lock.so unlike the person above who blacken out his how to do it info could some one please tell me what i'm missing.

HandOfThornz
May 6, 2007, 07:26 PM
im guessing your missing the seed monster at the start?????

kill all level 1 monster and go to level 2, then head straight back to level 1 very start, and seed monster appears.

OR

once all monsters killed in level 1 go back to the very start of level 1 and seed monster appears.

cant remember which triggers the seed monster to appear..but 1 of the above works!

n.p. with SUV help =)

XDeviousX
May 6, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-05-06 16:18, Saligun wrote:
I have done the cargo train mission over a dozen times and i still can't find enemy no 32.i have only every reached 31 killed,if the enemy is behind the 1st door that you need a key for no enemy drops one until near the end of the mission and it's for the 2nd door lock.so unlike the person above who blacken out his how to do it info could some one please tell me what i'm missing.

All you have to do is highlight the blackened parts and you can read the words... It's so people that don't want to ruin their gameplaying by finding out too much info can refrain from seeing the info...