PDA

View Full Version : PSU for 360 or PC?

Masterwong12
May 1, 2007, 04:29 PM
I have a Dilemma, Should i start playing PSU right now on my PC or wait a month and a half and play it on the 360 Servers?
Suggjestions would be greatly appreciated.

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 04:35 PM
Umm... uh...

I'm going to stay out of it, go with the one you want to play.

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
The PC/PS2 population is about 1/3 that of the X360 population. But keep in mind that a bigger population doesn't necessarily mean more people you would want to play with.

Hacking on the PC/PS2 version is gone, but the economy still isn't that great. It's getting there, though.

JAFO22000
May 1, 2007, 04:40 PM
As long as you have a PC that is powerful enough to run the game, I think you'd have an enjoyable time on either platform. There are people on these forums that will help you no matter which one you choose. Base your decision on what works best for you.

RedX
May 1, 2007, 04:41 PM
Whatever you feel comfortable playing on.

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 04:43 PM
You don't really need a powerful PC to run PSU. The requirements are very low.
I'm still using a GeForce 5200 and an AMD Athlon XP 3200+. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 04:44 PM
I'm using a intergrated Intel card. I learned so much about graphics cards from this game.

Sinue_v2
May 1, 2007, 04:59 PM
If you play on PC, get a 360 wired controller. You'll need the extra controller for multiplayer on your 360 anyhow - and it will make a WORLD of difference in gameplay.

As for which you should choose... either one is find. Both have the capability of voice chat (ventrillo in the PC's case), Xbox Live friendlists (comming fairly soon with Live for PC), ect. The population is much lower on the PC/PS2 side, and honestly the only thing really keeping the game from being cheated at this point (IMO) is it's obscurity. Noone really talented messes with it, and the unwashed masses of newb cheaters can't make their own UCE's or end up get ting banned. Though it's likely that the AoI expansion will bring back a lot of the old customers and garner a few new ones - so the diminished population is a temporary situation. Weither or not the population reverts to what it is now depends a lot on AoI I guess.

Whichever platform you choose, I'm sure you'll find someone to help you along.

Masterwong12
May 1, 2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nuclearranger
May 2, 2007, 08:59 AM
Both offer a long lasting and fun experience!

Arika
May 2, 2007, 09:08 AM
In my view PC is better , because no matter how much Xbox360 try to learn PC function, it can't beat good quality PC speed. (you know ,Xbox360 release before "core2duo")

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 09:12 AM
But the 360 can get a higher resolution...

...so yeah...as far as the game itself goes, either version is fine.

zanotam
May 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
Well the 360 has PARN and Sychosis, but the PC has Cherry (Tra) and DJ SkyEpic for famous pso-worlders and then the PC has ltos of people obsessed with hunting S ranks and with too much free time.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 09:33 AM
Whatever floats your boat.

Kimil
May 2, 2007, 10:28 AM
Population is higher on the 360 atm, but thats not to say the he game isn't playable on the pc/ps2 version: you can still play on it just fine (all the better if you can make a few friends without a problem),

Also, ppl, are HOPING that the release of the expansion, AoI, will bring back the ppl who're on a break or quit, and of course bring in a slew of new guys. Of course what I just said applies to the 360 servers too.

And

On 2007-05-02 07:33, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Whatever floats your boat.

Kimil
May 2, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-05-02 07:32, zanotam wrote:
and then the PCPSU has lots of people obsessed with hunting S ranks and with too much free time.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gryffin
May 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
I play PC...and one of the things I like is the fact that if you feel like it, and have a PS2 with cables and what not..you can just use that as well.. I mean, my friend bought Ps2 and I bought PC.. and we switch off on the PS2 now and again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I dunno though, I'd say base it on controller preference, availability, and whether you want extra Gamertag points...XD

Xtian913
May 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
I currently play on the 360 and I really enjoy it, but sometimes I wish I played on the pc simply because my 360 and computer are no where near each other and its a real pain whenever I have some down time and I want to look something up on PSUpedia or here on the forums. A friend show me how he could play on the pc in windowed mode which helps when you do a run for the 100th time trying to find something and you can at least chat or surf the web while it loads or whatnot.

Still though, I really like my 360 experience and I'm glad I never had to deal with the hackers and cheaters like the PC/PS2 crowd had to suffer through. Let us know which you choose!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-05-02 08:53 ]</font>

TorterraEndor
May 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
Fact: A high def TV is less expensive than a good video card

Fact: I satarically lie.

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 11:27 AM
Fact: A high definition TV has far more utility to the average person than a good video card.

Gryffin
May 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
Fact: Gryffy balances PSU, AIM, PSOW, Facebook, Youtube, Nanaca Crash, and Gamefaqs whenever he plays PSU.

chibiLegolas
May 2, 2007, 11:44 AM
360 pros:
Larger community.
Global network
Voice chat
Hack free

PS2/PC pros:
Haxeta = easier mode.
More $ floating around to supply more chances to grind/synthesis items. And buying NPC items immediately at low levels once you fit the requirements. $ for scapedolls, etc.
Keyboard only (if you hate voice chat).
Most ppl type in english. (PSU doesn't have word select anymore, for those speaking in different languages).

PS2/PC Cons:
Haxeta. Love and hate it. This isn't how the game's meant to be played.
PS2, slowdown during certain missions (mainly Bruce's Dungeon).
PS2, weapon lag when switching to different weapons on palette.
Small community.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-05-02 12:50 ]</font>

Gryffin
May 2, 2007, 12:01 PM
Now now children, do I need to separate you two?

Let's put out the flames and pull back on topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mainly, I think that I don't think I could play PSU360, 'cause I have a tendancy to zone out and not hear things.... so when I'm typing I usually can catch all the messages... Plus, I think voice chat could get a little chaotic sometimes, doesn't it?

amtalx
May 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
You're going to have fun on both. You might as well start sooner than later. If you can't get a 360 now, just go with PC/PC2. Plus, if you wait a month and a half youll miss some of the Operation Firebreak sweetness.

JAFO22000
May 2, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-05-02 10:01, Gryffin wrote: Plus, I think voice chat could get a little chaotic sometimes, doesn't it?

Depends on who you are running with. In a PuG, it can be downright annoying to keep your mic on as people will ramble on about the stupidest things and try to tell you this, that and the other about the game when they really don't know shit. You can also get annoying people who just want to piss people off by being a jackass.

If I am in a PuG, I usually mute my mic at first to listen to the conversation. If it seems like a pretty good team, I'll start talking with them. If they are a bunch of asses, I'll pretty much stay on mute (only unmuting to say specific, game related things), but still listen for the comedic material...until it gets unbearable, then I'll just pull my mic out all togehter.

Where voice chat works well is with friends. You can have a very good conversation and talk about mission specific things while playing. It makes the time go by faster and is enjoyable when you like who you are speaking with.

Ryna
May 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
*deletes off-topic and flamebaiting posts*

Each version has its pros and cons, but it mostly depends on your system setup. If you have a good TV, go with the XBox 360 version. If you have a good PC, pick that version up.

Dhylec
May 2, 2007, 12:23 PM
Ok, this is enough. Let's stop here before someone is suspended.
OP, the game is fun on whichever platform that you play. Choose whatever that you can afford.

You migh or migh not see it, but there is a sharp divide here among the members bout which side is 'superior'. It's a constant source of flames & animosity that hard to put out without banning a dozen people or more.

So, let's not what you see here affect where you'd play. Since this is the only place where both sides can gather to poke at each other.

And guys, this is another warning to chill it. We are all getting fed up by this. Let's save that energy for the game, yeah?

Kimil
May 2, 2007, 02:03 PM
Hope you have fun regardless of the system you chose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 02:07 PM
Voice Chat only gets chaotic when Maylee and Omega are in the same room.

MayLee
May 2, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-05-02 12:07, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

I OBJECT!

Voice is only Chaotic when Reavos joins.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 02:11 PM
See what I mean? Already chaotic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-05-02 12:08, MayLee wrote:

I OBJECT!

Reavos quit, so that point is moot.

Its also chaotic when my brother wants a verbal beat down. You can't control the laughter.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-05-02 12:15, Sychosis wrote:

I OBJECT!

Its also chaotic when my brother wants a verbal beat down. You can't control the laughter.

Well, you know how unpredictable the AI is. You know, because we aren't real an all.

Dr. Mr. Sir Antisocial the Third.

Sasamichan
May 2, 2007, 02:30 PM
On 2007-05-02 09:44, chibiLegolas wrote:
360 pros:
Larger community.
Global network
Voice chat
Hack free

PS2/PC pros:
Haxeta = easier mode.
More $ floating around to supply more chances to grind/synthesis items. And buying NPC items immediately at low levels once you fit the requirements. $ for scapedolls, etc.
Most ppl type in english. (PSU doesn't have word select anymore, for those speaking in different languages).

PS2/PC Cons:
Small community.

360 Cons:
more childish players
Japanese players

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-05-02 12:30, Sasamichan wrote:

On 2007-05-02 09:44, chibiLegolas wrote:
360 pros:
Larger community.
Global network
Voice chat
Hack free

PS2/PC pros:
Haxeta = easier mode.

PS2/PC Cons:
Small community.

360 Cons:
more childish players
Japanese players

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ravennittes
May 2, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-05-02 12:15, Sychosis wrote:

I OBJECT!

Don;t forget what happens when me, Raijen (is he banned ATM?), and Omega are in one party... throw in Nyasia and MayLee and you've got one hell of a party ^.^ .

Lyrix
May 2, 2007, 03:01 PM
I play on ps2/pc, mostly cuz there are 9 places in my house i can play it at >.<

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
360 Cons:
more childish players
Japanese players

The number of childish people is proportionate to the population.

I don't see how Japanese players are a con...

Meh. Not going there.

DonRoyale
May 2, 2007, 03:20 PM
OMG MADE YOU LOOK

If you ask me, the general populace is pretty good. The thing is, the popular people post on places like here and the official site. So if you look at the posts these people make and see what they're like, you get a good idea what the people on the respective servers are like.

So, you choose. Just look before you leap, or you'll regret it~

VanHalen
May 2, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-05-02 13:19, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

360 Cons:
more childish players
Japanese players

The number of childish people is proportionate to the population.

I don't see how Japanese players are a con...

Meh. Not going there.

I guess it could be a little. Like the time I started a party and everyone who joined spoke three diferent langauges and we didn't understand each other.