PDA

View Full Version : Ambition of Illuminus offline

psoninja
May 1, 2007, 10:22 PM
ok so i was wondering if any of the new content we will be getting will be for offline also

because i really need to know if i have to spend more money on this game

i cant play online because i dont have the money for it or the correct flat ps2 to plat it with.

So i am now just trying to s-rank everything so i have done all of parum and most of moatoob

in b4 GTFO n00b

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 10:26 PM
There will be an offline story. It's Episode 3, Episode 2 is the online story mission we have right now.
On the AoI beta, there was an offline mode option, but you were unable to select it.
Plus, Sega has already said there is an offline story mode. Except this time, you get to use your own character, instead of Ethan.

The game comes as a separate disc for us PC and PS2 users. You will have to buy it.

psoninja
May 1, 2007, 10:30 PM
Good sir I thank you

Sinue_v2
May 1, 2007, 10:44 PM
So how is this going to work... because you can't play your Ep II characters in Ep III unless you download the data from the server. You would have to recreate them, which is pretty goddamned lame. Expecially if they have an Episode IV - in which you have your online character again.

So since they have to make it work (even if poorly), will they just play it off like your Ep III character is different than your Ep I character... or will they allow you to download your character for play offline - with no upload option.

I imagine most people won't give a shit, but for people like me who enjoy having a story (even if poor) to take our characters through and experience - it would be a really disjointing experience.

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 10:50 PM
You know for sure you get to use your character in offline story?

That's pretty sweet.

Chuck_Norris
May 1, 2007, 10:55 PM
ya know you dont need the flat PS2 to play online, you can get a box that you put in your PS2 and it has a ethernet slot to plug into, i got that and i use that to play online with.

Ithildin
May 1, 2007, 11:03 PM
This is just ridiculous. Did ST just wait for everyone to complain there wasn't an offline mode in psu and THEN include it in the expansion??? Idiots. (And I'm not talking about the stupid story mode, just in case some smart arse tries to point that out).

Arika
May 1, 2007, 11:03 PM
But, if you can link your character between offline and online now..... what about hacking offline and bring it to online?
now online server are legit, but not in offline

Sekani
May 1, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-05-01 21:03, Ithildin wrote:
This is just ridiculous. Did ST just wait for everyone to complain there wasn't an offline mode in psu and THEN include it in the expansion??? Idiots. (And I'm not talking about the stupid story mode, just in case some smart arse tries to point that out).

I'll just point out the extra mode then.

Not that it matters, if you can't play PSU online you wasted your money.

ShinMaruku
May 1, 2007, 11:12 PM
They should put axes and cards and that stuff on this offline for the poor folks who won't hack the shit outta it.

Sinue_v2
May 1, 2007, 11:18 PM
You know for sure you get to use your character in offline story?

You use a character of your making. Your own character. Weither or not that character will be the same as your online character, or will it be written from the point of view of a NEW character of yours is what I'm wondering. That's kinda silly though, because if you're the type of person who likes the idea of a story surrounding your character, a fic writer, or a role-player - it will be very disjointed.

you can get a box that you put in your PS2 and it has a ethernet slot to plug into

It's called a modem.

But, if you can link your character between offline and online now.....

I doubt Sonic Team would allow that. The downloading of character data on a remote possibly - but not the uploading of information. You can download your character and cheat all you want and it doesn't matter so long as your ability copy that data to the servers is unavailable.

It'll probably just be like an extension to Extra mode, making it more like Ep 1 Ethan mdoe, since you already have characters there. Still, how they're work around the discrepancy issue is what I want to know.

ShinMaruku
May 1, 2007, 11:25 PM
Well for the PC folks they cna have a trick but they are not competent.