PDA

View Full Version : Sega Ages Phantasy Star: Generation 1...

ShadowDragon28
May 2, 2007, 01:55 AM
Does anyone here have this PS2 remake of the first Phantasy Star game?

I'm an immense fan of the orignal Ps,I am a long time Phantasy Star Phreak.

"Phantasy Star" is what got me interested in RPG's and the entire genre of RPG videogames back in 1987. I waited many many years across several consoles wishing for a remake of Ps1.

When my wish came true, it *finally* came out, but on the Playstation 2 in Japan (and not on a Sega console http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif );
I literally could not afford a PS 2 or Sega Ages 2500 Phantasy Star: Generation 1 import at the time of release.

Nowadays I can't find it for sale anywhere, not even on Ebay. If *anyone* would be willing to sale me their Ps: Generation 1 (the JP remake for PS2) for a decent price I'd be immensely grateful.

xellos667
May 2, 2007, 05:13 AM
Yes I have it, and indeed, outside Japan, it seems to be quite hard to find. I know I've finally found it in a small import shop online based in the UK for more than 40 Euro, which is a lot in a way. And never saw it after that. So of course I'm keeping it, but good luck in your search though

Sinue_v2
May 2, 2007, 05:38 AM
Yeah, sorry man. I'm keeping mine too.

Nai_Calus
May 2, 2007, 06:43 AM
Yahoo!Japan, with a bidding service. Crescent-Shop is pretty cheap. I usually see it around 1500 yen, which is about 15 bucks.

ShadowDragon28
May 2, 2007, 04:38 PM
Have a link to this "Cresent Shop"?

Nai_Calus
May 3, 2007, 03:05 AM
http://www.crescent-shop.com

You'll need to make a deposit, but it won't be much for the bidding power you'll need. Oh, don't be surprised if it takes a day or so before it'll let you pay.

I've used them plenty of times before in the past and never had a problem with them. (Well, once postal backups in Fukuoka made an EMS package take 9 days, but that wasn't c-s's fault.)

They're currently closed for Golden Week over there in Japan, but they'll be reopening Monday. (More like late Sunday here)

Reminds me, when they come back I need to hunt myself down a copy of the Book of Hunters and the Ep 1&2 artbook...

Be careful, though. Y!J can be addicting.

Oh, and while I don't recommend them so much for a bidding service unless you're buying like, 500 dollar items, Rinkya's search engine is one of the better ones. You can extract the URL from theirs to use for crescent-shop, also use their toolbar frame to translate auction text and feedback. You don't need an account with them to use their search engine.

It's not too hard, you just need to know how to look and who to go through. X3