PDA

View Full Version : ps2 psu uses the HDD?

Alisha
May 2, 2007, 05:59 AM
FACT:on any game that accesses the ps2 HDD if you press reset instead of resetting the console powers down and psu does this. it may be a placeebo effect but it seems like it allows weapons to load faster and stay in memory longer. when playing on a slim ps2 weapons have mysteriously disapeared from memory for no reason and had to reload. unfortunately my slim ps2 died so i cant test and compare it.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 06:29 AM
PSU doesn't support the Hard Drive.

physic
May 2, 2007, 06:55 AM
doesnt officially endorse it? or has no use with it. I rem early on they said that you could load some games on hd to increase speed, course that was years ago so who knows

Alisha
May 2, 2007, 07:20 AM
while that may be the official stance that fact of the matter is it IS acessing it.

--
Mod edit: no need to call names.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-02 09:07 ]</font>

Mystil
May 2, 2007, 07:27 AM
...Well I can't test this, but the Network Adapter does connect into the hardrive, so it makes sense. I suppose is any others have the HDD(on the standard PS2) they should connect for less lag.

Nuclearranger
May 2, 2007, 08:24 AM
So people are trying to say that the PS2 version of PSU will detect if you have a harddrive and maybe even save stuff onto it without any offical option of it doing so. Allthough officaly stated that PSU will not save in its entirty onto the harddrive but may still in fact use it as addtional ram* I beleve thats called hyperthreading.* Allso I beleve that you can load games onto the harddrive in there enirty with this other disk sorry for being so vague. Then you just click* on psu and it plays I dont know if this works with PSU though..

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 09:02 AM
On 2007-05-02 05:20, Alisha wrote:
shut up 360 fanboy. while that may be the official stance that fact of the matter is it IS acessing it.

So now you're a 360 fanboy for stating what ST says?

Good lord.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-05-02 05:20, Alisha wrote:
shut up 360 fanboy. while that may be the official stance that fact of the matter is it IS acessing it.

So you asked a question, I gave you an answer, and then you told me what the real answer should be?

I'm sorry for regurgitating what Sega has stated several times, but if they didn't program it to run from the Hard Drive, it doesn't run from the Hard Drive.

What the hell was the point of asking if you were only looking for the answer you wanted? You said yourself you haven't even tested your "theory" yet.

TorterraEndor
May 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
Do you ever see the irony in pointing that out?

PS2 HD does nothing for other games that don't use it, it doesn't do anything for PSU.