PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: which is the better armor?

Rabecca
May 2, 2007, 08:26 AM
ok, I have now a Sori-Senba armor 11% ice, I'm playing the seabed S2 and I'm going to Eastern Peril S2 soon when I get my Xbox back from repair. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

When I play Seabed S2 and I fighting agenst the Jarbas and they use dambarta I get frozen and I take at least 200 or 300+ damege from that. I asked some ppl but they said that Jarbas have more Tech then the Kamatoze on neudaiz when they use dambarta. I do notice that I take low damege when I'm fighting the Kamatoze on Neudaiz.

I know the Sori-Senba is good but now I hear it's a noob armor now so I need to know now is what's the better armor, the next step up from the Sori-Senba? Does anyone have a better armor then the Sori-Senba?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-02 09:26 ]</font>

Kiku
May 2, 2007, 08:31 AM
Theres always Ga-Senba, Michi-Senba, Hiragi-Senba, and all these other Senbas.

Ravennittes
May 2, 2007, 08:33 AM
It just depends on what class you are.

Rabecca
May 2, 2007, 08:37 AM
On 2007-05-02 06:31, Kiku wrote:
[quote]On 2007-05-02 06:33, Ravennittes wrote:

Do thos armor have all the slot & I'm a now guntecher now until I get it to lv.5.

Rabecca
May 2, 2007, 08:49 AM
On 2007-05-02 06:31, Kiku wrote:

ok now I saw thos armors and they weakend me instead of stranthening me. sorry thos armor r no good to me until the Serafi-senba comes out.

drizzle
May 2, 2007, 09:22 AM
Ice armor is ok in the Easter Peril mission but you'll really want a fire armor for the boss. Any fire armor, even a 1* armor will protect you better from onmagoug than the sori-senba. A Gigaline is cheap and effective, available in NPC shops.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 09:26 AM
I like my Crimson Line, but being a Fighgunner, I have no use for a Head slot, which a Crimson Line will lack.

It's 28% Lightning (you can pick the element you want), so I only ever regret having it when doing Grove of Fanatics or Valley of Carnage/Tunnel Recapture.

Sori-senba isn't so much a "noob" armor as it is a weak one. As far as Neudaiz armor goes, I think that's the best you can do, but I'm probably wrong. Kohoto-senba (I know that isn't spelled properly) may be better. I haven't a clue.

Thrash777
May 2, 2007, 09:40 AM
Sori-senba creates too much extremity; some people love it, some people hate it. Ultimately, you can decide for yourself.

I personally like it.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
May 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
Hey Rabecca,
The reason you're taking so much damage from Jarba Dambarta is because the technics that monsters cast are always the same elemental damage as their race element. Since Jarba's are fire, their Dambarta actually does fire damage... silly huh?

Your Sori will be okay in Eastern Peril, but you'll definately need a fire armor for the boss!

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-05-02 08:21, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
Hey Rabecca,
The reason you're taking so much damage from Jarba Dambarta is because the technics that monsters cast are always the same elemental damage as their race element. Since Jarba's are fire, their Dambarta actually does fire damage... silly huh?

Your Sori will be okay in Eastern Peril, but you'll definately need a fire armor for the boss!

And because Jarbas have more TP than Kamatozes.

Believe me, I get caught enough to know. My Armor is Lightning, and the Jarba wrecks me in a tenth of the time a Kamatoze can.

Rabecca
May 2, 2007, 10:35 AM
Hey Rabecca,

You got to be kidding me does Dambarta on the Jarbas are fire, not ice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif. That sux, I guess I shood go to Easten Paril then, if i can stay alive untill the boss, but which is the better Fire armor to use besides the Gigaline?

lordkaosu
May 2, 2007, 10:40 AM
Sori is a decent senba, I'm not sure why it's considered "weak", the stats are on par for any of the 8* senbas. Senbas have high defense, low evasion. It does exactly that.

It's only considered bad because it comes with a lousy 11% and only comes in ice flavor. There aren't many ice enemies though, and there are a lot of fire so your actual use may definitely vary for what run you're doing.

I prefer the Michi-senba. It's the only senba beside Sori that has an arm and extra slot. You can make the Michi-senba any element you want on top of that and has lower evasion then Sori. I use a Fire Michi for my Beast fighter. I don't like any of the current body slots so I could care less about that missing (except Tero/Guard, but I don't expect to be able to find that until it's out in stores).

Rabecca
May 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-05-02 08:40, lordkaosu wrote:
Sori is a decent senba, I'm not sure why it's considered "weak", the stats are on par for any of the 8* senbas. Senbas have high defense, low evasion. It does exactly that.

It's only considered bad because it comes with a lousy 11% and only comes in ice flavor. There aren't many ice enemies though, and there are a lot of fire so your actual use may definitely vary for what run you're doing.

I prefer the Michi-senba. It's the only senba beside Sori that has an arm and extra slot. You can make the Michi-senba any element you want on top of that and has lower evasion then Sori. I use a Fire Michi for my Beast fighter. I don't like any of the current body slots so I could care less about that missing (except Tero/Guard, but I don't expect to be able to find that until it's out in stores).

So the Michi-senba is good, but it doesn't have a body slot. Are the humans def. alone good enough to fight the boss on Neudaiz?

MayLee
May 2, 2007, 10:58 AM
I am thinking maybe a Kahota(sp?) Senba could be good too. Ga-Senba isn't all that great for FTs like me so I need something that will help me boost EVA and Mind

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 10:58 AM
The problem with Sori-senba is the slots. People see 4 slots and freak out over it. Techers don't really need an arm slot, Melees and Gunners don't really need a head slot. DFP and EVA on an armor mean jack diddly compared to elemental %, and when it comes to %s store bought Gi-senbas beat it hands down in reducing ice damage.

Alpha-Hunter
May 2, 2007, 11:08 AM
what about GT'ers that could benefit from the Arm and head slots? I find that sori is helpfull for some chars, and useless for others. every armor is like that.

On 2007-05-02 08:58, Sychosis wrote:
The problem with Sori-senba is the slots. People see 4 slots and freak out over it. Techers don't really need an arm slot, Melees and Gunners don't really need a head slot. DFP and EVA on an armor mean jack diddly compared to elemental %, and when it comes to %s store bought Gi-senbas beat it hands down in reducing ice damage.

MayLee
May 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
I actually think Sori is pretty damn good for Wartechers in my opinion. When I was a WT. I was like a a teeny god. <.<

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 11:25 AM
Every slot is useful for ALL classes in some capacity, especially hybrids, who are...you know...hybrids. That's not the point. The point is, are you willing to sacrifice the elemental % for a slot that won't provide any significant boost?

Rabecca
May 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-05-02 09:25, Sychosis wrote:
Every slot is useful for ALL classes in some capacity, especially hybrids, who are...you know...hybrids. That's not the point. The point is, are you willing to sacrifice the elemental % for a slot that won't provide any significant boost?

I mosty want to stay alive in mission(Seabed)and still helpout my team too.

Shiryuu
May 2, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hey Rabecca,

Wtf... no. Wearing Hardline, Jambarta kills my FF almost instantly. With a Teroline, my FF easily survives through the entire thing.

drizzle
May 2, 2007, 12:19 PM

The defense and evasion stats matter very little. 4 DFP reduces damage by 1 point.
If you look at the difference between a Sori-Senba (8*, 155 DFP) and a Gigaline (5*, 79 DFP), the difference is 76 DFP, which translates to 19 damage per hit. This is in my opinion not really worth the extra money it costs.
Then there's the issue that it's Ice armor - few monsters are ice element and even fewer are actually a threat. The majority of the monsters you'll encounter, including popular bosses, are fire element and will do extra damage to you if you wear ice armor.

Also realize that elemental % on an armor is -very- effective, it is a far more effective stat on the armor than DFP/MST is. Incoming damage is reduced by this amount before DFP/MST is taken into account. I'll try to explain a little:

Let's say we have a fire enemy that does 300 damage a hit. And you have 60 base DFP.
You're wearing a Gigaline with a Mega/Rainbow, which totals 34% Fire resistance. This 300 damage gets cut down to 198, then reduced by your total DFP (139), and you get hit for 163.

Now, let's say you're wearing a Sori-Senba (with Mega/Rainbow again), and you get hit by an enemy that does 300 damage. You have 19% ice resistance, bringing the hit down to 243. This number is then reduced by your total DFP (215) to 189.

As you can see, against enemies of the correct attribute, the 8* armor is easily outperformed by a higher % 5* armor. This difference only gets bigger as monsters hit get higher level and hit harder.

Imo the only reason to wear A rank armor, is if you have A rank units. Or a high % A rank armor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hey Rabecca,

Not true. Jarba Dambarta is ICE element. The monster attribute only applies to their melee attacks. Equip fire armor, get close to a jarba and see how fast you die =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2007-05-02 10:22 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
May 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
My fF wearing Hardline gets raped by barta. he takes next to nothing from a jarba's punch. misinformation is the devil on this forum. don't be seduced. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Phetty
May 2, 2007, 02:45 PM
I love my Sori-senba as a Fortefighter. I got the health to take any damage thrown at me. And I like any extra MST I can get for Neudaiz. The only other armor Id want is a Michi-senba.

lordkaosu
May 2, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-05-02 10:19, drizzle wrote:

The defense and evasion stats matter very little. 4 DFP reduces damage by 1 point.
If you look at the difference between a Sori-Senba (8*, 155 DFP) and a Gigaline (5*, 79 DFP), the difference is 76 DFP, which translates to 19 damage per hit. This is in my opinion not really worth the extra money it costs.
Then there's the issue that it's Ice armor - few monsters are ice element and even fewer are actually a threat. The majority of the monsters you'll encounter, including popular bosses, are fire element and will do extra damage to you if you wear ice armor.

Also realize that elemental % on an armor is -very- effective, it is a far more effective stat on the armor than DFP/MST is. Incoming damage is reduced by this amount before DFP/MST is taken into account. I'll try to explain a little:

Let's say we have a fire enemy that does 300 damage a hit. And you have 60 base DFP.
You're wearing a Gigaline with a Mega/Rainbow, which totals 34% Fire resistance. This 300 damage gets cut down to 198, then reduced by your total DFP (139), and you get hit for 163.

Now, let's say you're wearing a Sori-Senba (with Mega/Rainbow again), and you get hit by an enemy that does 300 damage. You have 19% ice resistance, bringing the hit down to 243. This number is then reduced by your total DFP (215) to 189.

As you can see, against enemies of the correct attribute, the 8* armor is easily outperformed by a higher % 5* armor. This difference only gets bigger as monsters hit get higher level and hit harder.

Imo the only reason to wear A rank armor, is if you have A rank units. Or a high % A rank armor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I should've been more clear on that. The low percent is pretty lousy, the armor itself isn't. It's just too bad they didn't bump it up a little higher.

SolomonGrundy
May 2, 2007, 03:50 PM
the easiest slot to give up for NON casts is extra.
So cast GTs, WTs, and fT really could use all the slots.

techers in general don't need an arm slots, and there are plenty of armors which fit this bill.

Jakosifer
May 2, 2007, 04:47 PM
For Eastern Peril S2 I use Hardline and Sori Senba, Im fast at switching armor so its only a pain when the enemy elementals mix. And when they do I usually keep Sori on to lower the damage from the Ice spells, which can be much more devastating than a kick to the face from an Ollaka. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-05-02 14:47 ]</font>

Zoamel_Gustav
May 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
I agree with drizzle's post. Defense and evasion stats matter very little compared to elemental %.
On 2007-05-02 06:37, Rabecca wrote:

On 2007-05-02 06:33, Ravennittes wrote:
Do thos armor have all the slot & I'm a now guntecher now until I get it to lv.5.

As for slots, the only 4 slot lineshields available are Sori-Senba or Rabol-Rappy (req DFP 93).

If you're interested in using cards, I'll recommend the Ageha-Senba paired with Ageha-Kikamis for the set bonus. Ageha-Senba has head, body and extra slot and having this set bonus is better than most arm units.

DemonCloak
May 2, 2007, 11:21 PM
My favorite armor is a Scape Doll. If you need to save money though, get your hands on those high elm armors.

Thrash777
May 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have to collect high % armor of all elements!

Alpha-Hunter
May 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
i just started my armor PM. i can tell it's going to ge a pain already. and sori would be pretty uber if it could be made in all elements. everyone would have one. especially casts and techers.

Akaimizu
May 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
The Arm slot for a gun-techer is mainly for Giga Bullet/PP Save. That's the biggest thing I can hunt for, right now. Nothing else, I see, offers me more benefit. Ever since going Sori, from my Gi-senba, the amount of damage I take from Go Vahras has dropped by hundreds. That's a figure I can definitely live with. My general build of character performs a lot of baiting with the weapon selection. I must be ready for it. My current armor uprade made my character more robust and more able to take damage from stuff. The tiny possible increase of damage from ice I get, in comparison to the 24% from the Gi is hardly a factor compared to the lesser damage I take from everything else. Not that I've actually taken numbers. The MST difference is probably high enough to counter a difference between 11 and 24%.

People might not put much into units; but a GT, on a budget, takes whatever they can get. Eventually, as I build money, I'll be able to stock more armors, to switch between.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-03 12:16 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
May 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
I could see a HPC or a SPS being usefull for a GT. the extra damage could really add to our x-box, dualies and box damage! every little bit helps, lol. though the bullet save if the most useful of course.