PDA

View Full Version : The random thought!?!

Nuclearranger
May 2, 2007, 08:56 AM
Now I dont want any negitive posts here but here it goes.

Since everyone has somthing they loved from pso I think sega should just relece every PSO weapon and every pso stage along w/ new PSU things. It wouldnt be that hard since they could reuse textures and stuff. Yea the game may end up looking alittle dated but hey who can complain about more stuff? We allready know we fly to ragol so the stages make sence in the story. Maybe like have a 2nd expantion pack that does this or somthing.

None of the NO PSO IN PSU posts please we have all heard enough. And im not saying we should only get pso stuff eather...

Dhylec
May 2, 2007, 09:03 AM
Any addition to PSU is good, whether for nostalgia or new things.
If one really needs the urge for authentic nostalgia, I do suggest replaying PSO. It's still a fun game.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 10:06 AM
No. I really don't need to beat the daylights out of anything in that game any more than I already have.

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
They already released that expansion:

Look (http://www.amazon.com/Phantasy-Star-1-2-Plus/dp/B0002LA59I/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9958021-9727302?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1178118635&sr=8-1)

majan
May 2, 2007, 10:17 AM
I dont see it that at all likely.that woudl be extremely costly for sega to do all that just to please us.and if they did,it woudl probably have the same crap glitchy terrible graphics it had on dc/gc/xbox...though weapons arent that bad of an idea.

meteor cudgel is what Id like to see make a triumphant return.maybe a few others too I cant really call to mind right now

also, apparently,there is some of ragol in the expansion.idk if youve seen the screens but there was forest with some classic boomas,and volfu to replace the savage wolves.anybody have any more info on that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-05-02 08:21 ]</font>

Paramedic
May 2, 2007, 12:49 PM
Ah-ah-ah. Watch your tongue now. Just because the forest is in PSU, doesn't mean we went to Ragol. Hell, it could you know... Be a VR system used to train GUARDIANS?

Saphion
May 2, 2007, 12:55 PM
I'm guessing the Forest stage is just one of those things that inexplicably appears and either won't get explained or will get explained very little.

Like that Sonic quest in the original PSO.

"Oh hey, I'm Sonic. I guess I appeared on Ragol somehow."

"Ah. Alright then."

Gryffin
May 2, 2007, 01:03 PM
My idea is...
Gurhal = Place with Missions and stuff that gives mp and no good rarz.
Ragol = Place where you just roam around on the planet and can kill things, you don't earn MP or End-mission Meseta, but you can find better rares.... think PSO.... Gurhal = Mission Counter. Lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jife_Jifremok
May 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-05-02 10:49, Paramedic wrote:
Ah-ah-ah. Watch your tongue now. Just because the forest is in PSU, doesn't mean we went to Ragol. Hell, it could you know... Be a VR system used to train GUARDIANS?

And how could a VR system let us keep all the items that we got from the VR system if none of the stuff is really real? ...oh wait, they already did that in PSO ep2 and probably didn't explain how that worked. Yep, no matter what they do with the Forest it is probably not gonna make any sense.

Saphion
May 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
Since when has Sonic Team been concerned with logic?

Paramedic
May 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-05-02 11:05, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

And how could a VR system let us keep all the items that we got from the VR system if none of the stuff is really real? ...oh wait, they already did that in PSO ep2 and probably didn't explain how that worked. Yep, no matter what they do with the Forest it is probably not gonna make any sense.

Haha. Here's something off the top of my head if you want to be that technical. If in fact the Forest is a VR training system for GUARDIANS, is it a possibility that all items obtained during the VR session are actually redeemable tickets? These tickets would be redeemed for the actual item they represented in the VR training system. Of course, you would trade them in to whomever administered your VR test.

But that'd all be a back-story that you wouldn't actually see.

Please explain why you feel that SEGA needs to explain our access to the Forest?

amtalx
May 2, 2007, 02:20 PM
<sarcasm>
Am I to understand that there is only one forest in existence? Is it possible that there are 2 (or maybe more!) forest type environments in the universe?

Naaaaaaaah...
</sarcasm>

JAFO22000
May 2, 2007, 02:25 PM
On 2007-05-02 11:05, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Yes, this phantasy game needs more realism and logic...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

chibiLegolas
May 2, 2007, 02:35 PM
Adding more stages and weapons (preferably most of them) from PSO would be wonderful!
The designs are already there. Why not? It gives us more stuff to find and hunt. I miss the old stages too. Especially the weapon and stages from PSO BB.
Most of those new additions are still new to me. And to most players I'd assume as well.

BTW, does anyone miss the mines and bots in there? I miss the stradegy of isolating the "leader" bots and taking them out to get rid of their minions; among other things.

Kaydin
May 2, 2007, 02:41 PM
Please no. ;_;

Sega should be working on new stuff, not wasting their time rehashing old stuff. If I wanted to play PSO I'd go play freaking PSO.

Akaimizu
May 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
I would actually like to see more *new* stages, that bring that leader aspect back. Isolating leaders and stuff was a good idea, and I wouldn't mind seeing it brought to new environments with newer beasts. They did that also with Forest, where you found the leader of the pack, and if you took that one out first, the others got debuffed from lack of morale.

Still, anything that adds some extra spice and some new features is good, even if they might be certain old ones. I think Jungle was among one of my favorite (looking) PSO environments and the Boss battle there was very pretty. (The first boss fight in bad weather).

I was kind of reminded of that one when we got a Boss in PSU, where you fight in the rain. Some other details like a Boss fight in a minor sand storm, or some other nifty things would be keen. The issue, of course, is performance, with this new engine. PSO had no problem pulling off that stuff because the general effects and geometry was low enough to keep things playable. Little Leader or *key* bots/animals and stuff is a keen way to add in another bit of variety without further taxing the game engine. It less of asking for old, but more of the idea of an isolated feature that could be brought to the new.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-02 12:45 ]</font>

LAMB1
May 2, 2007, 05:49 PM
uhm i wasnt sposed to say this but....NO PSO IN PSU!!!! hahah just kiddin nukes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VanHalen
May 2, 2007, 05:58 PM
New stuff please. PSO was great at the time but I would like to see what new things Sonic Team will come up with.

omegapirate2k
May 2, 2007, 06:28 PM
I agree with van on this one, I'd rather they spent time making one good new stage then remaking all the stages from PSO.

Although, something interesting would be PSO episode 3 INSPIRED areas, because that game actually had some really interesting places I'd liked to have explored more thoroughly.

DikkyRay
May 2, 2007, 06:31 PM
I agree with Van and Pirate,
But i DO want to see more detaillike in PSO.
Also non-recycled enemies, And good music.
Oh,and kinda what Omega said about ep3, i do like the areas, but hell, just put in PSU ep3 S.E.E.D Revolution.
10 bucks says there will be at least 1 "ZOMG EP3 WAS TEH SUX!" post

VanHalen
May 2, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-05-02 16:31, DikkyRay wrote:
I agree with Van and Pirate,
But i DO want to see more detaillike in PSO.
Also non-recycled enemies, And good music.
Oh,and kinda what Omega said about ep3, i do like the areas, but hell, just put in PSU ep3 S.E.E.D Revolution.
10 bucks says there will be at least 1 "ZOMG EP3 WAS TEH SUX!" post

EP3 wins! I enjoyed it better than EP2 but not as much as EP1 though. I'll say one thing it had some of the best music of the PSO series.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 2, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm rather neutral to the idea of PSO in PSU, I don't really care much about it. If PSO stuff returns, I don't care, if it doesn't, meh. Sange & Yasha is an exception, it BETTER come back. >=D

DEM_CIG
May 2, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-05-02 17:06, Shiroryuu wrote:
I'm rather neutral to the idea of PSO in PSU, I don't really care much about it. If PSO stuff returns, I don't care, if it doesn't, meh. Sange & Yasha is an exception, it BETTER come back. >=D

I second that...

Thrash777
May 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
Things I want from PSO:
The better music
The better drops
The world run (ie Non-mission)
Lavis!

Saphion
May 3, 2007, 03:38 AM
All this talk of Episode 3 is making me want to play it again...

But yeah, that one stage with all the fossils sticking out of the ground from Ep 3 would make an awesome level.

Zarbolord
May 3, 2007, 05:04 AM
Well if some weapons come back it is better. I mean, Rika's Claw just kicked ass, why not get it back? Would be nice if they made some weps like Karen Erra's Daggers or something too.

Thrash777
May 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
God Hand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sylpheed
May 3, 2007, 04:14 PM
So what the poster is implying is....release PSO as the expansion for PSU somebody help me out? thats what it looks like to me.

P.S-this would be BAD

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-05-03 01:38, Saphion wrote:

But yeah, that one stage with all the fossils sticking out of the ground from Ep 3 would make an awesome level.

You should play it for awhile. I don't know what it is but I can sit through Episode 3 after PSU but I can't play PSO episode 1&2 without falling asleep.

Sylpheed
May 3, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-05-03 14:38, VanHalen wrote:

You should play it for awhile. I don't know what it is but I can sit through Episode 3 after PSU but I can't play PSO episode 1&2 without falling asleep.

Yeah same people don't relaise it but PSU is much more advanced than PSO was and is so much more fast paced than PSO was. Don't get me wrong PSO was a brilliant game but i think PSU is better

DikkyRay
May 3, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-05-03 14:38, VanHalen wrote:

As much as i ahte to say it, im the opposite.
Dont get me wrong, i LOVE ep3. Seriously. Back when the ol' Servers wre up my ep3 disk never left the cube.
Unfortunatly, i dislike the offline. Gets to easy.
With ep1 and 2 though i can go.....there....