PDA

View Full Version : solid power S on cast fighgunner..help please

majan
May 2, 2007, 06:56 PM
how we doin folks?

k so I need a little advice,again.I was gonna go giga/skill pp save on my fighgunner until I realized like a doofus that it increases bullet pp consumption.which means my evil twins are going to burn out faster then a whore on speed.so,I decided,fuck that.

a solid/power S then came to mind.as a cast fighgunner,I already have decent ATA stat for a melee class with the extra 'gunner' half of the class giving me a bonus.as a cast,that only gets better.so with the SPS the ATA hit can be sorta compensated for.now I ask you users out there who have a solid/power S who use this with twin handguns and the like.is it worth the upgrade?the melee weapons probably wont be much of a problem but I dont want to start using the dualies and missing shot after shot after shot just for some extra damage.

little help here?

Phetty
May 2, 2007, 07:04 PM
If beasts can use them, Im sure you can.

jayster
May 2, 2007, 07:05 PM
You'll probably have around the ata of my beast fighgunner if u use it and I barely miss so I say it should still be good. Go for it, even if u don't like it, u could easily sell it for the same amount or more.

PMB960
May 2, 2007, 07:09 PM
Just doing a quick calculation at level 80 and FG 10 your ATA would be about 287 with SPS. A beast FG of the same level would have 269 if rounded up without an SPS. A human would have 318 without SPS. So you would still be better off than a beast FG which there are alot of so its probably a good idea.

Aobikari
May 2, 2007, 07:10 PM
I own one ( Im a Fortegunner though ) but comparing it to my mega/power your looking at 50-80 dmg increase. Hope this helps.

Golto
May 2, 2007, 07:10 PM
I have a lvl 80 female human fig lvl 10 friend who uses solid/ power s and they said they don't notice a lot more misses with melee weapons(0's). They do not use ranged weapons much though so I bet you can tell the difference there.

jayster
May 2, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-05-02 17:09, PMB960 wrote:
Just doing a quick calculation at level 80 and FG 10 your ATA would be about 287 with SPS. A beast FG of the same level would have 269 if rounded up without an SPS. A human would have 318 without SPS. So you would still be better off than a beast FG which there are alot of so its probably a good idea.

So I was right with my estimate! Does anyone know how it would work for a beast fighgunner though? Is that decrease to much or not.

PMB960
May 2, 2007, 07:46 PM
That would be 189 ATA at 80/10. Thats roughly the ATA of a level 35 Male Cast at FG 10 so um no it can't be all that good against S2 rank enemies. Even a fF Beast male at 80/10 has 224 ATA. You would really have to do a test though to see if it takes longer to kill enemies. I guess if you are good and can almost always hit from behind it might be useful.

majan
May 2, 2007, 08:11 PM
PMB,you have pretty much settled this issue.thank you good sir.

and yes jayster it doesnt seem this would be a good choice with a beast fig...unfortunately.their ata sucks to begin with so...

as a beast though you dont really need the extra power because beasts are stronger to begin with.it woudl be like putting a hard/hit charge on a cast.

Ryoten
May 2, 2007, 11:36 PM
I'm a fighgunner & using Solid/Power save S, so I would say that its great to use. Since your ATA goes down only a little, its ATP increase is great for swords & twin sabers. So yeah, go with that.