PDA

View Full Version : Where'd everyone go? O_o

RyuKisaragi
May 3, 2007, 08:59 AM
Well, as some of you saw, I started back yesterday (( Thanks for the help with my problem, btw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )) and even though a couple of the people I know still play, something is bugging the hell outta me.

Where'd everyone go? O_o In February, before I left, Uni 1, 2, and a little of 3 was usually full, and now only Uni 2 gets anything, if at all. Yesterday during peak hours it only had what, 3 stars?

Please tell me PSU isn't going down the crapper. X_o I plan on getting the expansion next month. (( It comes out May 25th for the US, right? ))

Alpha-Hunter
May 3, 2007, 09:06 AM
3 stars at peak is all you're going to get. and most of those players are only spamming 2 missions. just play until the expansion cames out. i doubt if it's this month. that may be the JP release.

Scion
May 3, 2007, 09:08 AM
WOW! Heh, yeah, I can imagine all the shock and surprise you probably must be going through right now, lol.

In the month of February, hacking was rampant, and certain universes kept crashing every time it had ANY chance to be populated, which was usually 3 stars. But, sometimes, even then, it would crash regardless (I've crashed on Universe 18 when it had NO ONE on it...wtf? lol). Then, we were said to have been given Ultimate PAs sometime that month (February 9th, I believe?). Those were delayed due to "Technical Difficulties". That was the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people and a lot of people quit.

Our numbers are slowly decreasing. Hopefully, the expansion will fix this problem.

And, it's not coming out next month. We're getting it sometime in fall this year. We are getting Operation: Firebreak on May 25th (Our version of Netcash Ultimate Attack)

So, yeah, that's the current status of our population...

RyuKisaragi
May 3, 2007, 09:28 AM
Ah... well, time to log in for a few hours, then a dreary afternoon of HTML awaits.

And it's more shock/suprise with only a couple new clothing outfits. I am saddened. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ithildin
May 3, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-05-03 07:28, RyuKisaragi wrote:

And it's more shock/suprise with only a couple new clothing outfits. I am saddened. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yeah, I kinda go go back to psu every so often and I agree. Where are all the clothes?

JAFO22000
May 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
This obsession with clothing is ridiculous....Isn't there a Barbie Dress-up game you could be playing instead? I'm sure there are plenty of clothing options in that game....

Ithildin
May 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
^ lol!

Paramedic
May 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-05-03 09:41, JAFO22000 wrote:
This obsession with clothing is ridiculous....Isn't there a Barbie Dress-up game you could be playing instead? I'm sure there are plenty of clothing options in that game....

Character customization is a really big factor in this game, and when they're lacking in that department...

Zorafim
May 3, 2007, 12:05 PM
PSO/WoW/FFXI was better because there was less/more fulfilling grind/nostalgic value.

I'm sure many people wanted more, or expected better. Something along those lines. I keep on hearing about FFXI fans who quit FFXI for PSU, only to go back. I should ask them why they left.

Ithildin
May 3, 2007, 12:09 PM
I must admit the lag on PS2 psu really annoys me. Maybe thats one of the reasons? About the Barbie game... can anyone tell me where to get hold of a copy..? I'm dying to try it out darlings...stop it! x

RyuKisaragi
May 3, 2007, 12:26 PM
Let's not get into an argument about character customization. PSU lacks in it, and we all can agree with that.

Now. BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC AAAA.

What are the highest-population servers to play on now? I was on last night and 2 had 3 or so stars.

JAFO22000
May 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
I'm sure many people wanted more, or expected better. Something along those lines. I keep on hearing about FFXI fans who quit FFXI for PSU, only to go back. I should ask them why they left.

Maybe they released a new hat...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I must admit the lag on PS2 psu really annoys me. Maybe thats one of the reasons? About the Barbie game... can anyone tell me where to get hold of a copy..? I'm dying to try it out darlings...stop it! x

Tee hee. Thank you for understanding my humor.

What are the highest-population servers to play on now?

Universe 1 and 2.....on the 360.

Zorafim
May 3, 2007, 12:40 PM
Actually, this is one of the best customization that I've seen. What other game lets me be a fish girl with sad eyes in heavy armor and metal skirt equipped with a spear and claws?

zanotam
May 3, 2007, 12:40 PM
well while there are less people overall, there are 2 or 3 hot spots which have as many people as de ragan used to have.

Akaimizu
May 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
On 2007-05-03 10:40, Zorafim wrote:
Actually, this is one of the best customization that I've seen. What other game lets me be a fish girl with sad eyes in heavy armor and metal skirt equipped with a spear and claws?

I was actually about to say the same thing. The winning aspect of PSU is your choice of character models. In most other games, new Armor outfitting is precisely about the only thing you can customize. Thus you're running around with a ton of carbon copies of your character but with a chance you'll be wearing something different. The ability to do manipulation on the face and body, at char creation, puts a big advantage here.

In FFXI, no matter what I did, I'd find people running around with my same race and gender and same hair only to be possibly wearing a different outfit, if not the same one. In this game, even if someone got my outfit, I look completely different than someone else. There's only 1 single person that looks like Tynselle, and that's Tynselle.

Interestingly enough, even Mufonna seems to be a one of a kind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-03 10:44 ]</font>

Tra
May 3, 2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.zwinky.com/

Paramedic
May 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-05-03 11:12, Tra wrote:
http://www.zwinky.com/

Oh my. How could you do this to us, Cherry?

Ithildin
May 3, 2007, 02:04 PM
lol great stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kimil
May 3, 2007, 02:14 PM
I emailed Sega about the population decrease and this is what they sent me ( I mailed them b4 the Fire Break Event Anoucement and the AoI one too )

Hello,

We are always commited to making this game as well as the community the
best it can be. According to our records the population of the PC/PS2
servers has remained fairly constant with no sharp declines or
increases.

There are no plans currently for a merging of servers as the servers are
not set up in a way to make such a thing possible.

In regards to events, we have many varied events planned and I think you
will be pleasantly surprised at the web update we have coming next week.
Always check back to the official site as well as the forums as many
things to come will be announced there first.

Thank you
John
SEGA Support

Tra
May 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-05-03 12:14, Kimil wrote:
I emailed Sega about the population decrease and this is what they sent me ( I mailed them b4 the Fire Break Event Anoucement and the AoI one too )

Hello,

We are always commited to making this game as well as the community the
best it can be. According to our records the population of the PC/PS2
servers has remained fairly constant with no sharp declines or
increases.

There are no plans currently for a merging of servers as the servers are
not set up in a way to make such a thing possible.

In regards to events, we have many varied events planned and I think you
will be pleasantly surprised at the web update we have coming next week.
Always check back to the official site as well as the forums as many
things to come will be announced there first.

Thank you
John
SEGA Support

FUCKING DIE

Kimil
May 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
O_O...............?

Tystys
May 3, 2007, 02:20 PM
WHO THE HELL IS THIS JOHN CHARACTER?! lmao

I've always thought that the PSU numbers weren't really that huge in the first place anyways.

McLaughlin
May 3, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-05-03 10:05, Zorafim wrote:
PSO/WoW/FFXI was better because there was less/more fulfilling grind/nostalgic value.

I don't know anyone who's gone BACK to FFXI (I know two people who have gone FROM PSU to FFXI).

I'd rather take a dip in Sulphuric Acid than play FFXI again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-05-03 12:49 ]</font>

Ithildin
May 3, 2007, 02:42 PM
[/quote]

FUCKING DIE

[/quote]

lol! Nice one...

Good ole John too... maybe someone should send him the "dear john letter"... but not your g/f has left u, the psu community is

Tra
May 3, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-05-03 12:42, Ithildin wrote:

FUCKING DIE

lol! Nice one...

Good ole John too... maybe someone should send him the "dear john letter"... but not your g/f has left u, the psu community is

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA57ImfVqcE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-05-03 12:45 ]</font>

RyuKisaragi
May 3, 2007, 02:50 PM
BACK TO THE TOPIC. AAAAAA.

So you're saying that for the most part, Uni2 is best for the moment?

Oh well, at least it'll be a nice tight-knit community like PSOXbox.

Akaimizu
May 3, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-05-03 12:37, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

I don't know anyone who's gone BACK to FFXI (I know two people who have gone FROM PSU to FFXI).

I'd rather take a dip in Sulphuric Acid than play FFXI again.

Actually, you probably know a few. I came from FFXI and apparently I brought a number of friends with me, who also played FFXI.

Not that I have any big thing against FFXI, but my life just isn't compatible with that game. But that goes for any game that puts such a requirement of time needed to be productive, in a night. If you run enough of a schedule, you stick with games you can get in and get out, if you need to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-03 12:57 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 3, 2007, 04:10 PM
PS2 version you'll only find people spamming Crimson Beast.
Its sad. ALl they wanna do is get to a high level and max classes.
Its why i like my group of friends. We never do the same mission twice in a row

Soukosa
May 3, 2007, 04:18 PM
Did the population decrease or did people finally start to realize that a maxed out univserve means greater lag? A half star on a universe can mean as little as 1 person being on it. Back when the first couple universes were loaded up, all of the others with half stars could have just been people that just got on and before they went to the crowded universes. With the game not being so new anymore, people have likely found friends to hang out with and have sense wandered off to the other universes. Not everyone plays Crimson Beast or Labs, y'know >.> I've personally only done CB once and solo'd Labs like twice on C rank.

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 05:20 PM

Well I'll give you my reason for taking a break from FFXI.

When you get your ass handed to you EVERYTIME because a nin tank can't keep shadows up and no one will provoke and you have to spam the deadliest cure spell in the game, you get discouraged and begin to question the priorities of other players.

AKA mages are treated as sacrificial lambs so that melees can get XP. We are the tanks, not them.

And the biggest thing that PSU has over FFXI is you do not have to rely on people to get things done. That is one thing I hate, I do not like being at the mercy of others. And you are at serious mercy in FFXI. Sometimes if you want something done you have beg or pay ridiculous amounts of gil. It's frustrating.

Hear me out and look at the big picture please.

Some of those people spam CB because they can't go anywhere else - they probably do not have a 'group' of friends like you who will play any mission(I sure don't) and don't say "make friends". Making friends in this game is difficult due to the groups of friends who exclusively play amongst themselves. Anyway, they can't go to do eastern peril, they can't go do Labs, HIVE is dead, and LL is S2 spammed. They are stuck there til 55. I'm specifically talking about people under 55. It's a pain in the ass. You think people LIKE doing Crimson Beast? When I finally got my force to 55 I never looked back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-03 15:31 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 3, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-05-03 15:20, Mystil wrote:

[quote]PS2 version you'll only find people spamming Crimson Beast.

Some of those people spam CB because they can't go anywhere else. They can't go to do eastern peril, they can't go do Labs, HIVE is dead, and LL is S2 spammed. They are stuck there til 55. I'm specifically talking about people under 55. It's a pain in the ass. You think people LIKE doing Crimson Beast? When I finally got my force to 55 I never looked back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-03 15:23 ]</font>

Hmm lets see. ALOT of my chars are under 55. Do i EVER do crimson? Fuck no. Why? There are PLENTY of other missions for fun.
Why can't they go to eastern Peril? So what if Hive is dead? Make your own damn game.
If they dont like doing CB, then why the fuck are they there? SO what if its exp and mp. If you dont like the damn mission, find another.

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 05:33 PM
I find it that Eastern Peril is a better mission to do than Crimson Beast at lvl 40. Also there are people there too.

Crimson Beast A: Lots of MP. Which is good.
Eastern Peril S: Almost the same amount of MP plus a PA frag.

Which is the better deal?

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-05-03 15:29, DikkyRay wrote:

[quote]PS2 version you'll only find people spamming Crimson Beast.

Some of those people spam CB because they can't go anywhere else. They can't go to do eastern peril, they can't go do Labs, HIVE is dead, and LL is S2 spammed. They are stuck there til 55. I'm specifically talking about people under 55. It's a pain in the ass. You think people LIKE doing Crimson Beast? When I finally got my force to 55 I never looked back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-03 15:23 ]</font>

Hmm lets see. ALOT of my chars are under 55. Do i EVER do crimson? Fuck no. Why? There are PLENTY of other missions for fun.
Why can't they go to eastern Peril? So what if Hive is dead? Make your own damn game.
If they dont like doing CB, then why the fuck are they there? SO what if its exp and mp. If you dont like the damn mission, find another.

For the first "why" read my edit.

Secondly, calm down, I don't have your head in a guillotine. you don't 'ever do crismon' cause you have a group of friends >_>.

They can't do eastern peril because high level players stock pile on S2. EP's MP also doesn't compare to CB. Now your POV is the same as mine, however these people just feel they can't do other missions. If no one else is there, why even go? You DO have the odd game here and there, but on spread out unis(good luck hunting!)

Making your own game elsewhere is silly lol. No one's going to join. Though I find you have better chances of this at Neudaiz, since people miss Mizuraki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-03 15:39 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 3, 2007, 05:40 PM
Making your own game elsewhere is silly lol. No one's going to join. Though I find you have better chances of this at Neudaiz, since people miss Mizuraki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-03 15:39 ]</font>

Get some friends.
EDIT: ANd i love that almost everytime i post in PSU Gen, you are there to try and prove me wrong in all my posts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-05-03 15:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-05-03 15:45 ]</font>

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 05:42 PM
Ok read my edit.

Making friends is not easy in PSU. You should know this, cause hmmm(yep) if I were to ask you right now could you log and we exchange cards, I'm pretty sure with 100% certainty you'd say no.

Cause you don't "need" anymore friends. AND THAT is why is difficult.

Also there are people there too.
In locked games. And don't lie and say it isn't.

And not doing Eastern Peril S lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-03 15:44 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 3, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-05-03 15:42, Mystil wrote:
Ok read my edit.

Making friends is not easy in PSU. You should know this, cause hmmm(yep) if I were to ask you right now could you log and we exchange cards, I'm pretty sure with 100% certainty you'd say no.

Cause you don't "need" anymore friends. AND THAT is why is difficult.

Ok. Read your edit.
I agree with you that you depend on people for PSU.
BUT
The reason you are not making friends is simple. PEOPLE IN CB ARE NOT LOOKING FOR FRIENDS.
i guarantee that if you play elsewhere with a group that actually is playing, not spamming, you will find new friends.
Hell thats how i met about 5 of my prio 1 friends (the others are all PSO friends)

RyuKisaragi
May 3, 2007, 06:40 PM
Oh well, at least I know a 10 Fortetecher outside of PSU. Sounds like all the PC/PS2 players are trying to hardcore get to 80. :/

And it's kinda easy for me to make friends. One of my old 1s was a guy I randomly gave a million meseta to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyuKisaragi on 2007-05-03 16:41 ]</font>

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 06:46 PM
Not all.

Ugh why people generalize us so much.

DikkyRay
May 3, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-05-03 16:46, Mystil wrote:
Not all.

Ugh why people generalize us so much.

Because it seems so far that me and you are the only ones that dont :/

Arika
May 3, 2007, 07:08 PM
I don't think universe 1,2,3 are full before since the begin of the game ??
normally at Jan I see 5 star at uni2 at peak hours, after that it alway 4 star at peak hours. where did u get the idea of full 3 universe? what u mean in Xbox server or PC server?

Sinue_v2
May 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
I don't know anyone who's gone BACK to FFXI

About 15 people from my old Linkshell crossed over to play PSU. 13 of them have gone back. 2 of them went to WoW. Wila and I are the only ones left, and Wila is teetering between games.

Valius
May 3, 2007, 10:37 PM
You know, I can't see why people are so stuck on WoW and FFXI. Maybe I just don't get it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, this article sums up one of the biggest reason I've stuck with PSU and don't play "mainstream" MMORPGs: (No offense to those who do.)

"Boring Gameplay
Just as with adventure games of yesteryear, the persistent-character games on the market today have stale and unappealing gameplay mechanics. The central mechanic is “die-roll” combat, where players and monsters take turns hitting each other at regular intervals until statistics dictate that one of them falls over.

With apologies to the pen-and-paper role-players out there, this type of gameplay is not particularly compelling to the mass market, which finds more excitement in fast-paced combat with outcomes based primarily on player skill, rather than mathematical formulae. A comparison of the combat scenes in the Lord of the Rings movies to those of Lord of the Rings Online provides a stark example of how boring gameplay mechanics drain the excitement from what should be an exhilarating battle. There is a reason that no one has tried to make a single-player game with “MMO” mechanics: few people would be interested."
(full article here (http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20070326/sorens_01.shtml))

I'm pretty sure that at least a few people feel the same way.

DemonCloak
May 4, 2007, 01:29 AM
Alright, this topic is all over the place, so...3 things.

First, Sega denies that the player base is dropping? I so want their asses to get hacked so I can see some private server action going on.

Second, Mystal you can't make friends cause you're emo, I don't like to pty with emo people and that's the main thing I exclude based on. Stop stressing about making friends and try to be funny or something. The most fun parties for me are the one's with people who have a very open sense of humor and are willing to make fun of anything.

Lastly, Valius, there are lots of games with MMO elements that are single player only. (They even tried to do it with offline/extra mode in this one).

That's all I got. Also, I'm betting that if AoI fails to really draw anyone to pc/ps2, they're going to can our game and only run it on Xbox 360. That will be extremely lame, so get your friends to play. (Emo friends can come too.)

Ithildin
May 4, 2007, 01:34 AM
Amen to DemonCloak's post above.

Nani-chan
May 4, 2007, 02:05 AM
Everyone is in FKL, the eternal party.

Valius
May 4, 2007, 03:56 AM
The thing I was trying to say is I'm not fond of the auto-attack battle system that is oh so prevalent in MMOs these days. The rest is just the opinion of the writer.

Reginaldo
May 4, 2007, 04:09 PM
Heh, the pc server has one less player now..i'm taking a nice break

Helly
May 4, 2007, 06:31 PM
Can we all go back to Universe 1 now? Please? The server won't crash anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Its just really annoying seeing 2 sticking out like that when it ought to be 1.

Every time I go around looking for teams on random planets starting counters its usually pretty low level people playing and then I don't join them because I don't want 'em to think I am there for a ride or to steal their exp. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

One thing I've learned is to never put "no scapes" in the team name/comment because people won't join you. I tried to get some S2 linear line missions going for exp/drops every time I have 3 luck and no one joins. -_-

Ithildin
May 4, 2007, 06:36 PM
On 2007-05-04 16:31, Helly wrote:

One thing I've learned is to never put "no scapes" in the team name/comment because people won't join you. I tried to get some S2 linear line missions going for exp/drops every time I have 3 luck and no one joins. -_-

What kind of idiot would try that to get ppl to join anyway? Or am I missing a joke here? :S

XCOPY
May 4, 2007, 08:27 PM
I also agree with the MMO gameplay mechanic issue there. If it's not fully real-time and dependent on placement, timing, and the skill of the player to react quickly...it's automatically trash, imo. I don't want to sit there watching the game play itself. That leads perfectly into why I could never enjoy the "traditional" RPG.

eh, I'm also going to cancel...I haven't been on in about 2 or 3 weeks now....so I've been paying 10 bucks a month for nothing, really in the last month or so....no need to allow 10 bucks to vanish every month if I'm not even playing anymore. I figured the population for this game would have gone down significantly by this point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-05-04 18:29 ]</font>

Sakuya
May 5, 2007, 04:04 AM
When ths game first came out, all other universes had NO Star shape what so ever. As in all players rushed to the most populated servers. As in check the server stars one second, and the next you'd see empty stars where a blanked out star once was. Everyone went to the populated server.

Now you don' log on at a time where there ISN'T a blanked out star.

Go figure.

imfanboy
May 5, 2007, 04:36 AM
Wee-ll, I did agree with this part of that article... and every player who's tried synthing armor will agree.

Crafting sub-games are even worse. A typical crafting implementation involves two components, neither of which is particularly interesting: navigating menus/interface and waiting for the item to compete. Players enjoy being able to create items, but the inane drudgery of the process is off-putting and completely unnecessary.

What's funny is that as I read this article, it's as if Sonic Team read it and thought, "Hmm..." because almost all of those points are addressed, even if it's in a half-arsed way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-05-05 02:41 ]</font>

Eleina
May 5, 2007, 06:18 AM
Everyone is taking breaks at the moment for some obscure reason...

Golto
May 5, 2007, 10:15 AM
Hopefully the pc/ps2 server population will recover after the school year is over. Right now we aren't even getting 4 full stars anymore in Uni 2.

StanleyPain
May 5, 2007, 10:51 AM
This may come off as offensive, but it might help if there weren't so many people who literally played the game non-stop and made it to level 80 with every rare weapon/item in a matter of weeks. Of course the game will be boring and feel like there's not much to see when you power-level your way through it.

Eleina
May 5, 2007, 10:57 AM
On 2007-05-05 08:52, foamcup wrote:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/474931067_c08bc37305.jpg?v=0

So do you...Why bother looking at and posting in the game's forums?If you don't like it go elsewhere...

There is absolutly nothing wrong with the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-05-05 09:17 ]</font>

Xeraphim
May 5, 2007, 11:20 AM
Just one opinion, Eleina. I stuck by the game for awhile until it became a grind on certain missions and nothing more. I tried joining a RP community for social stuff, but even that died out as well after awhile. I actually logged on this morning to see if the game has gotten any better as far as content, but I can see that didn't happen. >.>;;

foamcup
May 5, 2007, 11:29 AM
On 2007-05-05 08:57, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-05 08:52, foamcup wrote:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/474931067_c08bc37305.jpg?v=0

So do you...Why bother looking at and posting in the game's forums?If you don't like it go elsewhere...

There is absolutly nothing wrong with the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-05-05 09:17 ]</font>

Because I hang out at FKL and poke my head in here once in a while to see what's current and if there might be something that will make me come back to the game. That Firebreak might be enough to make me get back in, maybe. But anyway, PSU sucks.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-05-05 08:51, StanleyPain wrote:
This may come off as offensive, but it might help if there weren't so many people who literally played the game non-stop and made it to level 80 with every rare weapon/item in a matter of weeks. Of course the game will be boring and feel like there's not much to see when you power-level your way through it.

That's kind of what MMOs are for, really. Grinding mindlessly to accomplish the goals that you want. People come here from other MMOs with this mentality, so of course they're going to reach an easy goal such as that quickly.

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 12:26 PM
Doods. Want character(actual character, not clothing) customization? Go play Perfect World.

And stop biting each other's heads off, too.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 12:33 PM
So you're admitting that the game is flawed, and that another game should be played over this one?

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-05-05 10:33, Zorafim wrote:
So you're admitting that the game is flawed, and that another game should be played over this one?

How is saying that another game has better appearance customization saying that PSU is flawed or that PSU is not as good?

Edit: Also, appearance customization does not make a game good. Just look at Star Wars Galaxies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schubalts on 2007-05-05 14:49 ]</font>

SStrikerR
May 5, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-05-03 10:09, Ithildin wrote:

on the internet,free.

Zorafim
May 5, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-05-05 14:46, Schubalts wrote:
How is saying that another game has better appearance customization saying that PSU is flawed or that PSU is not as good?

How is it not? You're basically telling people to play another game.

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-05-05 14:56, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-05-05 14:46, Schubalts wrote:

How is it not? You're basically telling people to play another game.

If they want to customize every part of their character, yea... As I said in my edit: Appearance customization does not make the game(unless it's just some 3D chatroom).

It's like suggesting 2 fighting games: Game A lets you customize your fighter, but the arenas are premade. Game B lets you build your own destructible arenas, and has a more detailed fighting system.

Game A and game B appeal to different people. That does not make one better than the other.

Nobo
May 5, 2007, 06:11 PM
They went to gears of war

CherryLunar
May 5, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-05-05 04:18, Eleina wrote:
Everyone is taking breaks at the moment for some obscure reason...

Well I know my resoning behind it. It's the end of the semester and I've got finals. I'm sure a few others have the same thing in mind.

imfanboy
May 5, 2007, 10:41 PM
Good point... I should be doing that too. *logs off and gets working on final projects*

Helly
May 5, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-05-04 16:36, Ithildin wrote:
What kind of idiot would try that to get ppl to join anyway? Or am I missing a joke here? :S

Anyone doing LL S2 surely shouldn't be looking for MP. Thus scapes aren't needed. I was there to hunt on my lucky day. Do people not try to hunt drops without giving a crap about MP? The answer seems to be no. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Schubalts
May 6, 2007, 06:23 AM
On 2007-05-05 21:29, Helly wrote:

On 2007-05-04 16:36, Ithildin wrote:

Anyone doing LL S2 surely shouldn't be looking for MP. Thus scapes aren't needed. I was there to hunt on my lucky day. Do people not try to hunt drops without giving a crap about MP? The answer seems to be no. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I tried, but my irrational fear of Megid stopped me.

Saphion
May 6, 2007, 07:47 AM
What's so irrational about a fear of something that insantly kills you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itoshi
May 6, 2007, 10:16 AM

Well I'll give you my reason for taking a break from FFXI.

When you get your ass handed to you EVERYTIME because a nin tank can't keep shadows up and no one will provoke and you have to spam the deadliest cure spell in the game, you get discouraged and begin to question the priorities of other players.

AKA mages are treated as sacrificial lambs so that melees can get XP. We are the tanks, not them.

And the biggest thing that PSU has over FFXI is you do not have to rely on people to get things done. That is one thing I hate, I do not like being at the mercy of others. And you are at serious mercy in FFXI. Sometimes if you want something done you have beg or pay ridiculous amounts of gil. It's frustrating.

Some of those people spam CB because they can't go anywhere else - they probably do not have a 'group' of friends like you who will play any mission(I sure don't) and don't say "make friends". Making friends in this game is difficult due to the groups of friends who exclusively play amongst themselves. Anyway, they can't go to do eastern peril, they can't go do Labs, HIVE is dead, and LL is S2 spammed. They are stuck there til 55. I'm specifically talking about people under 55. It's a pain in the ass. You think people LIKE doing Crimson Beast? When I finally got my force to 55 I never looked back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-03 15:31 ]</font>

At lvl 28, I don't really have any choice but to do Crimson.

At least some understands how I feel.