PDA

View Full Version : FIRE EVENT LINKED?

Nuclearranger
May 3, 2007, 09:37 AM
For the Fire event do you think that the 360 and PC ps2 people will worch together on the same points or not? Because if its 2 seperate events I beleve that the PC side should have 1/4 as many points needed...

Anyone know whats up with this?

Golto
May 3, 2007, 09:54 AM
It doesn't seem too difficult to combine the totals.

GutsGO
May 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
Both servers attribute to the points total, its right there in the Fire Break Event's page on the Official site.

Lyrise
May 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
Firstly, I personally think the 2 servers are not linked. Secondly, purification points are not tallied up by kill alone. I don't remember the exact formula, but the number of seed cores you eliminate and the number of kills you make all add up to the score. Lastly, the scoring is not on a 1:1 basis, you'll get a lot moer points in party than solo, but 1 kill does not make 1 point, it makes a lot more.

That said, I think you'll all do just fine; I'm basing this on the apparent US playstyle of "stick to one mission and earn profit and exp till it stops hurting." If it makes you feel any better, here's the Japanese report site for our Ultimate attack (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/fire2007/), you can see how lousy we did until they let loose the last 2 missions on Parum.

Arika
May 3, 2007, 10:37 AM
I hope they link

Itsuki
May 3, 2007, 11:32 AM
Seriously, if the JP server can get over 3x the amount required in 2 weeks (half the event length), then the US server can atleast get 1x the amount.

JAFO22000
May 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
On 2007-05-03 09:32, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Seriously, if the JP server can get over 3x the amount required in 2 weeks (half the event length), then the US server can atleast get 1x the amount.

Oh, we could only HOPE to get less than a third of the amount than the happy fun honorable Japanese servers.

*Walks out of thread backwards, bowing furiously*

Sasamichan
May 3, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-05-03 09:45, JAFO22000 wrote:
Oh, we could only HOPE to get less than a third of the amount than the happy fun honorable Japanese servers.

I learned in FFXI that the Japanese are NOT always "honorable".

JAFO22000
May 3, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-05-03 10:33, Sasamichan wrote:

*GASP!* LIAR!!! They are better than us in ALL things. You should cut your finger off tonight....

Sasamichan
May 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-05-03 10:42, JAFO22000 wrote:

*GASP!* LIAR!!! They are better than us in ALL things. You should cut your finger off tonight....

I kid you not. They may be better than us on most things, but they do lack in manners torwards non-japanese citizens.

JAFO22000
May 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-05-03 10:45, Sasamichan wrote:

I kid you not. They may be better than us on most things, but they do lack in manners torwards non-japanese citizens.

Well, duh....of course!! I mean, why should they be nice to the unwashed Western culture??? We can only hope to kiss the dirt on which they have trodden.

Neith
May 3, 2007, 01:24 PM
lol @ Japanese being 'better'.

Take a look at the numbers playing JP PSU, goddamn.

Paramedic
May 3, 2007, 01:39 PM
In response to this entire thread, especially the FFXI part; JP ONRY!

Kimil
May 3, 2007, 01:58 PM
Taken from here (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php?item=20070419b)

Sega:

Operation Firebreak, a new global event, is headed for the PC, Playstation 2, and Xbox 360 servers next month! In this event, GUARDIANS across all servers will work together

This mostlikey just means the points are linked. I REALLY doubt the servers would actually be linked to the point that we could play with each other ( I wouldn't mind this though If we could, even for a little bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-05-03 12:00 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
May 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
They aren't better at everything. Case in point, Metroid speed runs.

But to scew things back on topic, I'm sure they'll be linked, I just hope the GMs realize that they need to reduce the total number of kills per planet. otherwise nothing will ever be finished. (OMG, SEED win the war AHHH!)

akratic
May 3, 2007, 02:04 PM
I wonder if they are better at picking up sarcasm?

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-05-03 11:58, Kimil wrote:
Taken from here (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php?item=20070419b)

Sega:

Operation Firebreak, a new global event, is headed for the PC, Playstation 2, and Xbox 360 servers next month! In this event, GUARDIANS across all servers will work together

This mostlikey just means the points are linked. I REALLY doubt the servers would actually be linked to the point that we could play with each other ( I wouldn't mind this though If we could, even for a little bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-05-03 12:00 ]</font>

Could be fun like that. A great chance to meet a whole lot of people.

ZodiacNKnight
May 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
Can you imagine if our PS2/PC and 360 servers out performed the JP servers in this contest... Probably highly unlikely but it would be rather interesting since after all we are segregated.

JAFO22000
May 3, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-05-03 14:44, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
Can you imagine if our PS2/PC and 360 servers out performed the JP servers in this contest... Probably highly unlikely but it would be rather interesting since after all we are segregated.

If we outperform the JP servers then they are NOT going to localize AoI.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sylpheed
May 3, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-05-03 14:46, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-05-03 14:44, ZodiacNKnight wrote:

If we outperform the JP servers then they are NOT going to localize AoI.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh how i would laugh if that happened.

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 05:01 PM
How can we outperform them? The JP players are great and us US players cannot compare! Oh I wish I we all could be as great as them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-03 15:02 ]</font>

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 05:07 PM

On 2007-05-03 09:45, JAFO22000 wrote:

So did I. There is ONE thing that will never change with them that I like: They will invite people in proper level ranges and not try to get people to deal with 4-5 lvl gaps like the english players. In an english party, I am HARDLY ever in a good lvl range party, infact always the lowest.

And totaling the points together makes sense. If they were not, what is the point in having the event for the PC version?

Vergil_Sparda
May 3, 2007, 05:35 PM
I really hope some of the comments made in this topic are sacastic. If not then I'm just at a lost for words.......

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
I'm hoping VanHalen isn't serious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. They are many great american/european players online. JP aren't the Gods of all Gods.

Vergil_Sparda
May 3, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-05-03 15:48, Mystil wrote:
I'm hoping VanHalen isn't serious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. They are many great american/european players online. JP aren't the Gods of all Gods.
Seriously....

JAFO22000
May 3, 2007, 05:58 PM
Van and myself were being sarcastic. If you couldn't pick up on that, you go back 3 spaces and lose a turn.

Lamak
May 3, 2007, 06:08 PM
We'll win. Some people like play all night and day.

Gryffin
May 3, 2007, 07:02 PM
Wait... Im confused.... how does this whole event work then... I knew about the whole Ban-Photon thing, but whats this about points and overall requirements...and whatnot?

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 08:33 PM
It was sarcasm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif . Don't worry I fell for something like that twice on here before.

ThEoRy
May 3, 2007, 09:13 PM
why wouldnt we be able to beat their total? Don't we severely outnumber them?

Zorafim
May 3, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-05-03 15:35, Vergil_Sparda wrote:
I really hope some of the comments made in this topic are sacastic. If not then I'm just at a lost for words.......

It's not like internet sarcasm is an art form. It can't be that hard for an outsider to pick up on it.

McLaughlin
May 3, 2007, 09:47 PM
The ONLY reason I'd like to have the score be shared is so one server can't hold their total over the other's head.

Sekani
May 3, 2007, 09:58 PM
As far as PSU goes, those uncivilized Westerners outskill the JP players in every aspect of the game. True story.

This may just be our chance to demonstrate one example of that.

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 11:37 PM
^Dang right! I kinda hope there is a server merge or the scores tallied together to show we can out do them when this event comes out(remember they did lab s2 in the beginning)

Dragon_Knight
May 4, 2007, 09:32 AM
Meh if anyone ever looked at PSOBB's ultimate attacks and compaired the prizes the Japanese get to the US. It really doesn't surprise me that our totals always fall short. They get Ubers+a week of 2-3x rare drops. We get...a golf club and a mag cell.

Yea with the Max attack 2 SOA thought they were smart by not announcing the prizes right away. We had record turn outs for MA2 in the first week. Then when the prizes we anounced and the best thing we could hope to get was a bamboo stick and a paper fan (and even then those were offered only to people who scored in the top 100 kills)....well you could probably understand why people stopped playing it.

So am I going to play this new MA thing? Hell no...not only will the prizes for it be worthless (I imagine the 1mil kill milestone=1 aceline) but I'll have yet ANOTHER slot of my inventory taken up by something I can't store OR sell OR use after the event is over. Being dual FT/PT I'm already carrying around two classes worth of crap as it is. You know how hard it is to remember what techs go to what wand? >_>

ZeroVer01
May 4, 2007, 09:50 AM
Just so you know, the item you use during the event, can be turned back in after the event is done. So, it is rotting in your inventory during your entire online career.

JAFO22000
May 4, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-05-04 07:32, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Meh if anyone ever looked at PSOBB's ultimate attacks and compaired the prizes the Japanese get to the US. It really doesn't surprise me that our totals always fall short. They get Ubers+a week of 2-3x rare drops. We get...a golf club and a mag cell.

Yea with the Max attack 2 SOA thought they were smart by not announcing the prizes right away. We had record turn outs for MA2 in the first week. Then when the prizes we anounced and the best thing we could hope to get was a bamboo stick and a paper fan (and even then those were offered only to people who scored in the top 100 kills)....well you could probably understand why people stopped playing it.

So am I going to play this new MA thing? Hell no...not only will the prizes for it be worthless (I imagine the 1mil kill milestone=1 aceline) but I'll have yet ANOTHER slot of my inventory taken up by something I can't store OR sell OR use after the event is over. Being dual FT/PT I'm already carrying around two classes worth of crap as it is. You know how hard it is to remember what techs go to what wand? >_>

Yea!!! Another "what's in it for me?" person!!! I love it....

I wouldn't care if there were NO prizes for playing these missions, I still would as they will be different and fun and a change from the free missions we have now. Plus, they are limited time only, so might as well play them while they are here.

The above quoted poster can stay spamming CB and complaining that there is no new content....

VanHalen
May 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
I don't care about the prizes(well I kinda want that Frying pan so I'm lying XD) but I just want our purification numbers to be higher than the JP's

natewifi
May 4, 2007, 04:47 PM
LoL nobody is "better" than the other, get a life...

Soukosa
May 4, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-05-04 07:32, Dragon_Knight wrote:
So am I going to play this new MA thing? Hell no...not only will the prizes for it be worthless (I imagine the 1mil kill milestone=1 aceline)

Assuming it's the same as the JP version (which I don't know why it would be different) you can trade in Ban-photons for things, some of which are decent. Then if the goal is met everyone gets lv 3 fortune for a week and 50% off of clothes in the shops. Those who clear all of the missions should then get a Frying Pan weapon.

Granted that I know what you mean but I think Sega is over the unfair treatment of the two regions now. At least there hasn't been any case that would show other wise.

omegapirate2k
May 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-05-03 15:48, Mystil wrote:
JP aren't the Gods of all Gods.

You do realize that omega-chan will kill you now, right?

And if we somehow don't get more points than the JP PC/PS2, then we really need to work on our game XD

MrNomad
May 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
Fire event sounds coo, we all get to fight the SEED! Van will ride on his surfboard and be like "whats up with that?" Bunny will shoot them with her plasma boots. Meanwhile Ill be lik "WHO SAYS WE ARE LOST IN THIS LONELY WORLD?" Sonic will be like "RINGS RINGS, WHO HAS SOME RINGS?" the vol brothers will be like "whatcha gonna do brotha?!" then ill blast them with lv 20 Charge with might and vigor as synergies! Then we'll all eat cake tha end. =P

VanHalen
May 4, 2007, 06:22 PM
That sounds like a plan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dragon_Knight
May 4, 2007, 09:07 PM
Meh flame me if you want, all I was saying is the reason why the US/EU MA numbers dropped off the face of the earth. Again the reason being repeitive quest and lack of prizes.

Now I know a number of people still went on to do it, I was invited to help out on many occations by Vectorman X and others. But the vast majority of people stopped because it just didn't seem fair that we have to do equal work and yet we get lesser prizes. I think our 6 mil kill prize was one or two days of 2x rare drops where the japanese version got a week.

Also I might dabble in the fire seed quest since you can ditch the item afterwards...thats assuming I stop running around nudaiz and moatoob long enough. I've been tired of Parum for a long time.

Dhylec
May 4, 2007, 10:38 PM
Guys, stop the flames & get back on topic. Use PM for your personal comments.

MrNomad
May 4, 2007, 10:57 PM
ya u e-punks! =P