PDA

View Full Version : A big... (warning: frequent strong language)

Ketchup345
May 3, 2007, 11:13 AM
Note: spoiler tags are covering the language.

A very big fuck you to the asshat driving the "flatbed tow truck" (what's the proper name for these?) with the silver Hyundai on the bed. Fuck you for cutting me off on the main road. Fuck you for getting on the highway so slowly. A big fuck you for deciding to merge into the center lane when you were nowhere near an acceptable speed for it (and apparently unable to accelerate to the speed within a reasonable time limit judging by his acceleration getting on the highway) {speed limit is 55, average center lane speed is at least 65 there, he was not even at 55, if even 50}. Fuck you for making me choose between nearly having an accident with the car in the passing/left lane or the bed of your truck. You got lucky that everyone made it out fine.

I do have to admit: Looking back a few moments later, I did have the thought that it may have been better to let them hit me so I would have to get a new car (I dislike my current one).

Fuck you to everyone who does not use a turn signal when switching lanes or making a turn.
And please only use a turn signal when actually necessary. At one part of one of the roads in my city, the road is two lanes going in one direction: one for a left and a "straight-left", one for a "straight-right" and a right. Please only use the turn signal for the full left and right turns, not the "straight-left/right".

Thought I had more... I'll add later if I remember.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-05-03 20:47 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
May 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
I remember one time I was speeding down the highway at 130 and a tow truck pulled into my lane from the side of the road (I was in the passing lane) and I had to jam onto the brakes so I didn't hit it.

Fuck.

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 05:53 PM
This is why I do not drive...

Also when crossing streets I never cross infront of a car. I don't trust it. People think they own the road http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif.

Blue-Hawk
May 3, 2007, 08:39 PM
I agree, Ketchup. I was almost hit by 3 people, blided by 2 and had 2 others that almost caused me to run off the road.... And that was just in the past 24 DAMNED HOURS!

What happened to the mandatory written test given before the behind the wheel test? It seems that no one has to take it anymore... Then again, no one seems to have an IQ anymore.

natewifi
May 4, 2007, 05:12 PM
LoL

Schubalts
May 5, 2007, 12:37 PM
On 2007-05-03 18:39, Blue-Hawk wrote:
I agree, Ketchup. I was almost hit by 3 people, blided by 2 and had 2 others that almost caused me to run off the road.... And that was just in the past 24 DAMNED HOURS!

What happened to the mandatory written test given before the behind the wheel test? It seems that no one has to take it anymore... Then again, no one seems to have an IQ anymore.

I took that written(touch-screen computer, actually) test last year. I have not taken the driving test as I fear for my life more than I fear the bus-stops.

SStrikerR
May 5, 2007, 04:28 PM
lol, thats hilarious.

MetaZedlen
May 5, 2007, 05:33 PM
Ketchup, this is a conclusion that I drew from my few years of driving experience:
Anyone that you don't know on the road is a fucking moron who likes to drive with their head
up their ass or while talking on a damn cell phone.

And I'd like to point out that those people are even worse at a 4-way stop sign.

Ketchup345
May 6, 2007, 11:40 PM
Ok, another driving related rant:
Please, please drive in the lane suitable for your speed.
By my observances, the speed of traffic in the right lane is 55-65, center is 60-75, left is 70+ for most sections that I drive routinely.
Please do not get in the left lane and do 65 when it is meant to be the passing lane. If you are in the left lane and getting passed by people in the right lane, something is wrong (with the exception of left lane closed for whatever reason or for the 1 or 2 left exits that you have plenty of time to get to due to the fact that the area is always a parking lot) and you should switch lanes. You do endanger everyone in the lane if you are going below the expected speed.
Ok, very similar: You are driving a Corvette or BMW. Why are you going 30 on a 40-45 MPH road in the left lane? I saw both today.

I believe I read it in another rant here how it wasn't speed that was dangerous, it was more the variation in speed.

I think I have one more car related rant, expect it here once I figure out how to word it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-05-08 19:53 ]</font>