PDA

View Full Version : Goggles - how to best use them

Mayumi
May 3, 2007, 07:32 PM
I heard a lot of people online (on PSU) tonight complaining about the Fire Break event having a heavy requirement on using goggles which are a pain to use and inefficient in implication.

As I told everyone online who didn't know, there is a way to use the goggles without having it on the palette, just have them in the inventory.

Go into first person mode, with anything equipped or not, it doesn't matter, then press your weapon swap button and it'll be equipped. Press again to swap to what you had out.

- Now I admit I presume that's all you'll need to press. I'm on the 360 online and have played story offline and the buttons for swapping weapon (right hand/left hand) and resetting camera put on the goggles.
If a PC player could kindly check this at some point for me, I'd me most grateful.

For the consoles though, First person > R1/R2 or LB/RB

Note - The poll is of personal interest.

Mystil
May 3, 2007, 07:36 PM
Knew about it from using it in offline mode.

Inazuma
May 3, 2007, 07:38 PM
another good tip for quickly zapping the seeds is to move left and rite, or up and down, causing small breaks in your lazer stream. if you get the rite timing, you can zap em a lot faster.

Mayumi
May 3, 2007, 08:09 PM
Glad I'm not the only one.
Guess those I've been bumping into tonight have only played online or something.

I sort of knew about that technique, but seeing it in clear writing helps me work out what I did easier now, thank you.

Itoshi
May 3, 2007, 08:13 PM
I had no idea.

THANKS!

SStrikerR
May 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
i knew bout it, not from offline though, the other day i was fiddling around with first person and BAM! goggles. also, are we gonna get photon erasers or whatever it is for the fire seed? thatll make a lot of people not wanna do this because in offline it took a long time.

newsflash-you basically had to do it alone offline, here you'll have human help, thatll make it easier.
especially if you assign someone to finding them with goggles, and one to purifying, and the others to fighting.

Mayumi
May 3, 2007, 08:20 PM
You're welcome.

I honestly just bumped into it of sorts fumbling with controls early on in story mode, I don't recall it being in the instructions, either on game or the manual.
So we found it out in similar circumstances at least.

I don't mind the purging missions with friends, I look forwards to doing it. I play more support so I can deal with the purging while my Fortefighting allies get themselves mauled. Sounds all well and good alround, team up with the masochists.

A2K
May 3, 2007, 10:01 PM
The goggles shortcut was only recently added in the Xbox 360 client's 1.0004 update. PC and PS2 users have had it for a little longer, although I imagine since it was unannounced a lot of people on both platforms are unaware of it.

Mayumi
May 3, 2007, 10:06 PM
I've been using it for a fair while now, since about Christmas time when I did the story missions to get the Goggles.

Sexy_Raine
May 3, 2007, 10:36 PM
This has been out for awhile, and the shortcut is convenient for making googles use easier.

It's FPV L1 for PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-05-03 21:34 ]</font>

amtalx
May 3, 2007, 10:41 PM
Wow...now I feel silly.

Zorafim
May 3, 2007, 11:13 PM
But, I thought the goggles did nothing!

Alamar
May 3, 2007, 11:21 PM
there are tree's in Nuedaiz and other planets that you break to get goodies too i am on pc with a keyboard I just hit my left arrow and I go to goggle mode very cool since i can leave that item slot to what I want in it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pikadrew
May 4, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-05-03 21:13, Zorafim wrote:

the goggles will NOT stop acid flying at you. You are correct in that respect, sir.

Eleina
May 4, 2007, 09:02 AM
Googles in online mode are only good for making you look like your on the phone....(and maybe for hacking down a couple of trees)

Mayumi
May 4, 2007, 09:15 AM
On 2007-05-03 23:13, Pikadrew wrote:

On 2007-05-03 21:13, Zorafim wrote:

the goggles will NOT stop acid flying at you. You are correct in that respect, sir.

They don't do much to prevent Diga either, as just found out by accident… and the hard way.

My usual partner, Ryoda, loves to hack trees and with the fact I like to use the Goggles it makes it easier for my lumberjack buddy to go about his 'job'.

omegapirate2k
May 4, 2007, 09:17 AM
They actually only recently added this function to the 360 in a downloaded patch. Which is a good thing for us, makes it alot easier.

Sexy_Raine
May 4, 2007, 10:33 AM
They are also used to spot those annoying traps in Forest Infiltration and Rogue Shortcut,and also can be used used for those bombs in Tunnel Recapture, but I'd rather see people run into them because it's funny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-05-04 08:34 ]</font>

Mayumi
May 4, 2007, 11:13 AM
Maybe I'm crazy and have rewritten my memories, but I'm sure I've been doing it since about Christmas.
I know it isn't added in the 1.0004 update as it's not made and released yet, I presume A2K made a typing mistake and meant 1.0003.
When ever it was added, it's in and I like it.

Good point there Raine, I tend not to play those missions much, but when I do the goggle shortcut can be very handy for keeping yourself in one piece. At least for me, being able to Resta I can restore the damages after laughing.

Jife_Jifremok
May 4, 2007, 12:01 PM
Raine told me about that goggle "trick". I'm still pissed at Sega for never mentioning a part of the controls...and at the fact that the goggles are invisible. Now I wonder how I managed to S-rank those offline story trials without that "trick".

Lately I've taken to playing a little game with those bomb traps. As soon as I goggle them into plain view, I hit them with my sword and try not to take damage. Simply walking into them has gotten old. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Maybe I should try it with the axe next, or try hitting them with all 5 bullets from a shotgun...

Also, is there even a point in goggling the cage traps on the floor? They kinda have a tendency to move right under my feet when I walk around them.

Sychosis
May 4, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-05-04 09:13, Mayumi wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy and have rewritten my memories, but I'm sure I've been doing it since about Christmas.
I know it isn't added in the 1.0004 update as it's not made and released yet, I presume A2K made a typing mistake and meant 1.0003.
When ever it was added, it's in and I like it.

It wasn't even added for PC/PS2 users until the March 1-2 update. So there is no way you had it by Christmas.

Mayumi
May 4, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-05-04 10:11, Sychosis wrote:
It wasn't even added for PC/PS2 users until the March 1-2 update. So there is no way you had it by Christmas.

Hmm, guess that means I'm crazy then.
It's just that I had plenty of time to play around then so that's when I got on with the missions. For it to have only been implemented last month seems like I have a really bad concept of passed time.

On 2007-05-04 10:01, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Raine told me about that goggle "trick". I'm still pissed at Sega for never mentioning a part of the controls...and at the fact that the goggles are invisible. Now I wonder how I managed to S-rank those offline story trials without that "trick".

Lately I've taken to playing a little game with those bomb traps. As soon as I goggle them into plain view, I hit them with my sword and try not to take damage. Simply walking into them has gotten old. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Maybe I should try it with the axe next, or try hitting them with all 5 bullets from a shotgun...

Also, is there even a point in goggling the cage traps on the floor? They kinda have a tendency to move right under my feet when I walk around them.

I like to try for the old PSO epic movie corridor explosions method… shame it looks no where like it and with the seemingly expansive range the traps can have, I tend to get hit quite often too.

Good luck with your little trials with them.

Akaimizu
May 4, 2007, 03:39 PM
Forget that, just bring up the menu so you don't get slowed down by traps and you can escape the explosion!!! (Hehe. A little piece of PSO nostalgia)

Kaydin
May 4, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-05-04 13:39, Akaimizu wrote:
Forget that, just bring up the menu so you don't get slowed down by traps and you can escape the explosion!!! (Hehe. A little piece of PSO nostalgia)Traps don't slow you down in PSU, you don't have to do the menu trick. ;D