PDA

View Full Version : Luck system; Yay or nay?

Zorafim
May 4, 2007, 01:18 PM
What do you think of having different levels of luck each day? Would you rather it be static? Do you enjoy the change?
Discuss.

Eleina
May 4, 2007, 01:20 PM
Huh luck affects things? Lies I say Lies

My no luck days seem to be better than my "lucky" days lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-05-04 11:20 ]</font>

redapple
May 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
To be honest, I don't know which way to vote. The poll is very unclear. I like the luck system, it makes the game interesting. I usually log on in the mornings before I go to work to see what character I will be playing that night!!

You may want to change the answer choices so they are more clear. Thanks

chibiLegolas
May 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
I don't mind the daily luck system they have, if only they distribute them equally to each gender/race.
They SAY it'll balance out in the end. But I find this really unfair to the males, beast, humans or whoever never seems to have a good share of daily luck.
I just feel that ST's holding off those luck for when ppl aren't interested in PSU anymore, then start giving male beasts their 3 * luck or something.

A better randomized system should be in place, no?
But then again, it's hard for me to see a difference whenever I DID have 3* luck or not.

Gryffin
May 4, 2007, 02:11 PM
I think it'd be better if luck had MORE of an influence, and I kinda want there to be 2 categories....like this

Photon Luck: The luck we have now, with our stars and whatever it wants to affect....
Luck (stat): this luck stat doesn't increase based on level, but some classes have more. (could lead to a new class?) It affects things like Item Drop rate, not NECESSARILY rare drops, but items in general, at high enough level, all enemies and boxes would drop items...could also affect synthing and grinding..

Ideas?

Zorafim
May 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
Yay is you like it, Nay is you don't. Nothing really unclear about it, considering how simple it is.

On 2007-05-04 11:21, redapple wrote:
To be honest, I don't know which way to vote. The poll is very unclear. I like the luck system, it makes the game interesting. I usually log on in the mornings before I go to work to see what character I will be playing that night!!

You may want to change the answer choices so they are more clear. Thanks

Syanaide
May 4, 2007, 02:29 PM
I like it. Keeps a similarity between PSO and PSU in my opinion, since I like to think of it as a rotating section ID.

Akaimizu
May 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
Kind of, but if I remember right, Section IDs influenced Level arrangement (for a certain amount of character levels for a difficulty), and the likelyhood of specific drops, of which that SectionID would see more of or less of.

It does have the similar aspect of giving some incentive for players to try and meet new people, just to maximize on their chances of finding stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-04 12:34 ]</font>

Yoshiflash
May 4, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hell nay. I dunno why anyone wants to be told WHEN to play if they want to get everything out of the game. You should be able to play when you want and not be "punished" because you have to work on your 3 luck day.

I think it's crazy lame and I can't see how it ever came into existence in the first place.

This game is entirely too luck based as it stands now. Theres absolutely nothing to earn that isnt just a random drop. The fact that your "luck" is based on luck is just nuts.

JAFO22000
May 4, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-05-04 12:37, Yoshiflash wrote:
Hell nay. I dunno why anyone wants to be told WHEN to play if they want to get everything out of the game. You should be able to play when you want and not be "punished" because you have to work on your 3 luck day.

I think it's crazy lame and I can't see how it ever came into existence in the first place.

This game is entirely too luck based as it stands now. Theres absolutely nothing to earn that isnt just a random drop. The fact that your "luck" is based on luck is just nuts.

Wha...?? You don't HAVE to play on a 3* luck day...it's just there to help you along. How are you "punished" for having to work on your luck day?

"The fact that your "luck" is based on luck is just nuts." Yes, and I also hate how skill is based on skill and politeness is based on politeness. Oh, and your level is based on your level.

relentless
May 4, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-05-04 11:20, Eleina wrote:
Huh luck affects things? Lies I say Lies

My no luck days seem to be better than my "lucky" days lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-05-04 11:20 ]</font>

I fully understand the system, the answer is: 0 luck = 3 luck
there ya go XD
(I only get worked up by luck by getting confused and thinking of what I should do with it if I ever have 3 luck -_-)

Yoshiflash
May 4, 2007, 04:34 PM
ya see I put "luck" in quotes there because it isn't really luck if its a visible, tangible stat.
You shouldnt have a visible stat that you have 0 contol over. Just seems backwards to me.

Luck should just be luck. No matter when youre able to play.

If its going to be manipulated by a stat you should be able to raise that stat or possibly affect it in some way through quests and whatnot.

Personally I don't mind it as I generally get to play daily if I feel like it, but ALOT of the population gets pretty upset and rightly so if, for example, they're a male beast and missed the ONE 3 luck day they've had in like months.

It also wouldn't be so bad if Sega didn't leave SO much of what drives this game totally unexplained and up to speculation.

You have a glowy light floating above your head but no one really knows exactly what it affects. All we know is grinding and crappy drops. For everyone who thinks it affects "anything that involves chance"
then they really are being "punished" through Segas dartboard take on who gets what when.

Can you really sit there and say its fair for one race to have had a better overall drop rate than another? Please tell me how that's fair.

Because that aint luck. Thats fact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-04 14:42 ]</font>

Golto
May 4, 2007, 04:58 PM
All I know is the last two times we had female cast luck +3 I had an arank unit drop from a boss box each day. Coincidence maybe. But there is a noticable increase in the rarity * of mats that drop when playing with +3 than +0. I wish there would be some bug that causes everyone's luck to be stuck at +3.

Sylpheed
May 4, 2007, 06:40 PM
I would say having the random luck every day is fun and exciting but when male beasts dont get 3* luck for 3 months while everyone has had it twice since you have kinda takes the piss, ST may of said it will balance out in the end but i dont see how unless every race misses 3* luck for 3 months aswell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2007-05-04 16:40 ]</font>

amtalx
May 4, 2007, 06:42 PM
This is pure conjecture, but didn't the beat system have something to do with drops. I just remember hearing that a lot. No idea if there is any truth to it though.

Ithildin
May 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
A definite NAY! What a load of old rubbish. Leave drops as they are. Otherwise explain to us poor souls how the luck system exactly works... cos tbh I don't have a flippin clue

ThEoRy
May 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
so it would be better if SEGA had never implemented Photon Fortune in the first place? Or maybe we should have 3* luck everyday? I played PSO for what, 7 years with no 3* luck. So as long as someone has any luck I'm happy with that as... any luck>no luck.

And Daelan, the only thing that beat time was good for, was letting us know when it was ok to pull out the heavens punisher.. lol

Niered
May 4, 2007, 07:39 PM
The luck in PSU is a pretty good system. Its a nice take from the Section ID's, minus the suck of finding the same not-so-rare weapons over and over (Im looking at you Diska of Braveman!) You could say that kerseline fills that void, but I dont mind finding an item that could *potentially* help me later on in synths, or at least sell for more than 1 meseta.

Plus, it doesnt require people to change there names just so that they can get Redria.

PMB960
May 4, 2007, 07:41 PM
The only thing luck does for items is increase the drop anything rate. It doesn't mean rarer items drop although it may seem that way since more items are dropping. It does make things interesting. For those of you who complain about Beasts having back luck just think, since ST said luck is preplanned so everyone gets equal luck that means you will get all of yours after we get some more insane S2 missions.

ROB31
May 4, 2007, 09:44 PM
I like the way you think, but i still notice getting Junaline, Merculine, and Neupteline more often when I have higher luck instead of kerseline with no luck... which is what male beasts usually have lol. But i like your thinking on how male beasts might (and probably will) get better luck when some new S2's with new S rank drops come out... it would be nice.

EphekZ
May 4, 2007, 10:48 PM
Static luck would make everyone bitch...more than they do now.

"omg y r bests so guud wiff lukc!?!?!?!? FUkck u Sega!!!!!!!!!!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-05-04 20:49 ]</font>

Soukosa
May 5, 2007, 05:21 AM
Static fortune? Why even have it then? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Fortune only slightly increases the drop anything rate of enemies (and maybe boxes). It does NOT influence the rate of rares. It's nice to have since it helps to liven things up because of this.

This is all being blown way out of proportion. If anything, it mainly helps with getting higher grinds on weapons and for that, you can make a temporary character of the race/sex that has that fortune.

With AoI, you'll be able to have a change your fortune level anyways (at a risk of getting something worse).

McLaughlin
May 5, 2007, 12:32 PM
It'd be nice if the luck was given out more consistently than it is, but the concept is fine.

youthisoverrated
May 5, 2007, 12:40 PM
i've had 3 luck once since i started playing in i think it was feb

Jife_Jifremok
May 7, 2007, 02:21 PM
Woulda been better if luck were removed entirely and everything were based on skill...

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:21, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Woulda been better if luck were removed entirely and everything were based on skill...

I would get 2 many rares if it was the case http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jife_Jifremok
May 7, 2007, 02:30 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:23, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-07 12:21, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

I would get 2 many rares if it was the case http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

They wouldn't be rares anymore, they'd be battle trophies or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Depending on the task performed to earn your trophies, it'd be a display of how badass you are...or how easy the game is.