PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Ad

astuarlen
May 4, 2007, 04:45 PM
Wanted: One sucker to organize* all ~1300 files in my "Music To Be Organized" folder.

*Duties include:
-Renaming as artist - track
-Assigning proper ID3v1 and v2 tags, including, at a minimum, artist, track, and album
-Moving files to the appropriate folder, alphabetically by artist

Compensation: The satisfaction of a job well done.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

Siertes
May 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
I stopped reading at "Renaming as artist - track". Renaming my mp3 files has given me nightmares.

You should try using one of those mp3 tagging programs. I don't know if they work myself, but it sounds like a godsend for lazy people.

foamcup
May 4, 2007, 04:54 PM
Man, I have like 700 of my own to do. Some of the tags are in Japanese, which last.fm won't read. T_T Plus I have to go through and delete all the crap I don't listen to any more.

astuarlen
May 4, 2007, 04:55 PM
I'm using something called Music Brainz Picard. IT IS NOT MAKING THIS ANY EASIER. Well, somewhat, but not enough. ;<
I 'member a couple years ago I tried using a similar program, and it renamed everything incorrectly, so I had to go back and redo everything by hand. Blast and damn.

The lesson here is to name, tag, and organize shit as it accumulates, but I'm too laaaaaazy.

Weeaboolits
May 4, 2007, 04:57 PM
I have to put all my songs on winamp still. I still have a few that names too (I've a few E7 tracks with names like 354fsd5E452fg).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 5, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-05-04 14:57, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I have to put all my songs on winamp still. I still have a few that names too (I've a few E7 tracks with names like 354fsd5E452fg).

Sounds like partially DL'ed songs in WinMX. I know you were looking for Inuyasha Do As Infinity themes on there Ronin!

Exact Audio Copy has a bunked way of adding tags, by allowing (l)users to classify them and upload the list online which you have to use. The other ways don't seem to work for me.

Also the track numbering doesn't work fluently so my portable music player always put songs in alphabetical order until I numbered the tracks. Grr. That was frustrating since the thing comes with like no instructions!

IDv1, IDv2, IDv3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Good luck with the 1300 astthathastoorderthemoosics.

astuarlen
May 5, 2007, 09:46 PM
I'm down to 341. 8)
After I get all those parcelled out into the proper areas, I'm gonna work through my ostensibly organized folders, alphabetically.

I know ID3 tag fu.

I do have a bone to pick with the MusicBrainz contributors. They may claim the name is "The Les Claypool Frog Brigade", but you and I know it varies by album, from the aforementioned for Purple Onion to "Colonel Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade" for Live Frogs, Sets I and II. Now, I'm willing to compromise with "Les Claypool's Frog Brigade, but noooooo. Easily corrected, in any case.