PDA

View Full Version : Which Mission Is Better?

DonRoyale
May 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
I've honestly been aruging back and forth about this with my friends, and I will continue to say that Crimson is better. I'd rather be pelted by Megid slowly and weakly than be pelted with Barta 1000 times and get pwnt in the face at every Olgohmon spawn, kthnx.

But which mission do you prefer?

Ether
May 6, 2007, 02:24 PM
Wheres the neither option

Syl
May 6, 2007, 02:26 PM
If it has to be a one or the other type of deal, I'd go with EP just cause it has better drops and I don't really need the MP at this point in time =/

amtalx
May 6, 2007, 02:38 PM
Eastern Peril...where's my Blackbull!! Also, the Gologmons can be kept in check by rangers with Grenade Launchers/Laser Cannons.

Itsuki
May 6, 2007, 02:40 PM
Eastern Peril all the way. Its just a more solid mission at all ranks. I really don't think Crimson Beast is even worth it till S and S2.

DikkyRay
May 6, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-05-06 12:24, Ether wrote:

Rust
May 6, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-05-06 12:58, DikkyRay wrote:

Garanz-Baranz
May 6, 2007, 03:05 PM
I'd say Eastern Peril, because you can stop Olgohmons better than Jarba, and that Neudaiz needs some population boost.

A Dugrega user can spam it's first hit to 'stun' the Olgohmons easyly, it stops their barta, and the leader Olgohmon's Megiverse.

Sychosis
May 6, 2007, 03:15 PM
Eastern Peril, because Neudaiz is better than Parum.

-Crokar-
May 6, 2007, 03:20 PM
ive been spamming eastern peril for the last week and i really hate parum

RedX
May 6, 2007, 03:43 PM
CB, because i love Parum.

Sekani
May 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
Eastern Peril has better EXP and doesn't require me to constantly buy photon charges.

Crimson Beast has a better meseta reward, but I'd rather run Lab Recovery for cash.

VanHalen
May 6, 2007, 05:02 PM
Eastern Peril is better since. Well if your around say......level 40 you can do it on S get around the same MP as Crimson Bitch A plus you get a PA frag.

Not to mention you can get frozen and take funny pictures.

omegapirate2k
May 6, 2007, 05:05 PM
Crimson beast, because I can get a thunder cannon there.

Mayu
May 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
Eastern Peril http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, Lots of units and a chance of Halarod rather then two units from Crimson beast

Shiro_Ryuu
May 6, 2007, 05:21 PM
Just put on some Ice armro and you'll be fine in Eastern Peril. IMO If a mission has no megid, its easier. The fact that there are only 4 tengohgs in the entire mission make the mission much easier for melee people. But for units, I prefer Crimson Beast S unless Eastern Peril gives something that makes things easier for Hunters.

Soukosa
May 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-05-06 13:04, Rust wrote:

On 2007-05-06 12:58, DikkyRay wrote:

majan
May 6, 2007, 05:55 PM

oh,you go-against-the-grainers-just-for-the-sake-of-going-against-the-grain....

Im a big ass promoter of the 'to each his own' policy when it comes to playing how you want doing wat you want with your style and all that,but dont denounce the popular missions just 'cause.

as obnoxiously popular as crimson beast is,it is in fact a very good mission.its rather easy,encourages party play wihtout the grievances of bruce's dungeon,and the rewards/exp are very good.

on the other hand,I have to say that eastern peril is the better mission thouhg.Ive played my fair share of both on higher and lower rank missions,and EP is quite a bit easier and it goes faster,too.(no gol dovas,no jarbas,no problem!) its a much less annoying mission,even thouhg onmagoug can be a seroius pain in the rectum.drops by onmagoug beat the piss out of CB..aside from solid/power S and one or 2 other units there isnt much else worth noting.a good drop is a good drop of course,but onmagoug drops a hell of a lot more.me/quick har/quick halarod board all of the neudaiz armors sori/force and Ive heard many tall tales of people receiving howrods as well.this of course can be bullshit,but it seems to be a trend that it drops whatever * board,and hten the entire item of the next step down. eastern peril also goes by faster,and is probably better for experience IMO,not per monster,but per run,because you will get many more runs of eastern peril than you will doing crimson beast.

thats my 2 cents on the matter.besides,isnt everybody sick of crimson beast?I mean,shit,bruce's dungeon didnt even last this long...it isnt even the best mission you can be playing right now.lab recovery is better for money/mission points,and bettter in just about everything except drops IMO.while lab got a little played out for some people,I didnt mind it much.

whatever though.if,7 months after this game came out,people are still pricing things at double-triple the NPC store prices,then people sure as hell arent going to give any thought to what could POSSSIBLY be better than the most popular mission.

edit: furthermore,eastern peril shares an outlet with forest infiltration,and is neighbor to holy grounds.those are AWESOME alternatives to break the monotony if you ever get sick of EP.crimson beast has....mad beasts.which everybody....hates.even when the s2 of it comes out with 100+ monsters I dont thikn people will be doing it that much.s ranks are probably going to be that damn annoying to find and the missoin just pretty much sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-05-06 16:00 ]</font>

Cz
May 6, 2007, 06:12 PM
i like both. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarode
May 6, 2007, 06:16 PM

Titan
May 6, 2007, 07:26 PM
Moatoob gets no love. What about Rouge's Shortcut. Rabol Gant or Rabol Neda drop... I like knuckles and grenade launchers.

McLaughlin
May 6, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'd probably go with Crimson Beast because the drops are more useful for me. Neither mission is better than the other though.