PDA

View Full Version : -The Enemies in PSU and how they look-

Cz
May 7, 2007, 01:27 PM
what do you think of the monsters that we have right now?
Do you think they are not scary enough or aggressive enough?
If you can create a monster what will it looks like and how frequently will it attack?

omegapirate2k
May 7, 2007, 01:29 PM
If I had to create a monster it would look like a slug and rip people apart in half a second.

Rashiid
May 7, 2007, 01:29 PM
Go Vahra scare me......in the 'zomg im abouta be pwnt n00o0oo0o0!!' way

Zorafim
May 7, 2007, 01:30 PM
They're reminiscent of creatures seen in Dr. Suess books.

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 01:32 PM
I don't like buffed go vahra they hurt to much >< all the others aren't really a problem...
If i could create a monster it would look evil and attack all the time!

Rashiid
May 7, 2007, 01:32 PM
I think Domo-Kun should be a monster, a rare spawn....

amtalx
May 7, 2007, 01:34 PM
I think most of the creatures should be more aggressive. With the exception of Go Vahras and some of the small mobs, the enemies pretty much just stand there and wait for me to stomp their head in.

Weeaboolits
I'd make one like this:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Xheause_df.jpg
It'd chase you down and smash ya'!

omegapirate2k
On 2007-05-07 11:34, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I'd make one like this:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Xheause_df.jpg
It'd chase you down and smash ya'!

Lol de ragan

JAFO22000
May 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
My problem is not with the looks of the creatures, rather the lackluster attack patterns. Wave after wave of enemies and they all basically do the same thing. Ollaka=Distova=Koltova=Jisharga=Sendillon. Badira=Naval=Ageeta=Bel Pannon.

Saphion
May 7, 2007, 01:38 PM
Polty is just plain annoying. It doesn't look particularily interesting, imaginative or indeed, any good. It doesn't even look cute, despite repeated comments from the NPCs.

It just looks terrible.

Mayu
May 7, 2007, 01:39 PM
There not emo enough.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiryuu
May 7, 2007, 01:39 PM
Only some of the monsters are pretty cool/fun to fight (go vahra, grinna bete, svaltus/orgdus). The constant monster nerfing isn't really helping.

Rashiid
May 7, 2007, 01:40 PM
i think there should be a Po-Polty, like a uber evil one!!! o wait....Bel Pannons....

Shiryuu
May 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-05-07 11:40, Rashiid wrote:
i think there should be a Po-Polty, like a uber evil one!!! o wait....Bel Pannons....

Make it look like a golduck from pokemon except red colored.

Rashiid
May 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-05-07 11:48, Shiryuu wrote:

o gawd that would be horrid....*sends ST email about that idea*

A2K
May 7, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-05-07 11:35, JAFO22000 wrote:
My problem is not with the looks of the creatures, rather the lackluster attack patterns. Wave after wave of enemies and they all basically do the same thing. Ollaka=Distova=Koltova=Jisharga=Sendillon. Badira=Naval=Ageeta=Bel Pannon.

I agree with the sentiment, but I find that the four-legged small/medium creatures to actually be among the more varied out of all of them.

I'd rather fight Koltova than any of the others you listed, to be honest. Ollaka groups with a leader present are crazy insane, running around in circles in a frenzy. Sendillan are annoying wherever you find them.

Bel Pannon aren't in the same class as the other three--but the other three are annoyingly similar.

On 2007-05-07 11:51, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-05-07 11:48, Shiryuu wrote:

o gawd that would be horrid....*sends ST email about that idea*

Wait until Operation Firebreak... Or play Chapter 2 of Story Mode, whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-05-07 11:59 ]</font>

CrimsomWolf
May 7, 2007, 02:01 PM
Put in Chaos demons from Warhammer 40000........ Now THAT would be a fight.... or Eldar Avatar of Khaine

Kaydin
May 7, 2007, 02:08 PM
Delsaber and I had a conversation the other day about putting a giant Lapucha boss into PSU. I forgot all the details, he might remember them. XD

Shaidar
May 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
There's a few monsters who could really need some improved design. Especially the mechs are tasteless if you ask me. Mines from PSO crushes the dogbots of PSU, and then we shouldnt even mention the badass mechs found in PSIV.

Aside from the mechs there isn't really anything horrible. Except for the so called cute monsters like Polty, Lapucha (they may be cute in a way but please..why?) and those disgusting frogs that'll show up in AoI. Those things need to gtfo if you ask me. They're not even funny, just stupid.

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 02:10 PM
EEEPPP giant lapucha bad idea he would like....not pwn us >>
Giant pannon however...

DavidNel
May 7, 2007, 02:12 PM
I want to see Chuck Norris as a rare spawn.....

Alkaar
May 7, 2007, 02:15 PM
You know what I think would be a pretty cool enemy? How about something like Baal from the Diablo series?

This enemy could be a boss. Upon fighting him and cutting his health down to a certain percent, he creates a clone of himself leaving you to fight two bosses, with the clone being a bit stronger than the original.

Double the boss, double the attacks and spells, double the fun! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
May 7, 2007, 02:17 PM
I get nightmares of Lapuchas, especially if they're mutant Lapuchas.

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 02:20 PM
Ohh i'm hit by originality.....how bout De Ragoner a 3 headed Dragon >> just to go with de Ragan and De Ragnus

Shaidar
May 7, 2007, 02:21 PM
Koltovas look so kind and snuggable btw.

A2K
May 7, 2007, 02:25 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:09, Shaidar wrote:
There's a few monsters who could really need some improved design. Especially the mechs are tasteless if you ask me. Mines from PSO crushes the dogbots of PSU, and then we shouldnt even mention the badass mechs found in PSIV.

Some more variety in the robots would be kinda neat. Although, arguably, the ones in PSU pull their designs from some of the lamer ones in the original series (whistles and seekers and what have you).

Alkaar
May 7, 2007, 02:28 PM
There's not much originality nowadays. You may think of something and chances are your idea has been used in one medium or another. Many ideas are derived from an original source. Honestly, in my opinion it's hard to come by a truly original idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alkaar on 2007-05-07 12:30 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
May 7, 2007, 02:39 PM
most of the monsters in PSU that I find enjoyable are larger ones.

Grinning beta, Svaltus, Kumarijarb (or whatever). Though I am a little annoyed that all the Pohavorha=Kog nad=Dur Guhera can do a stomp move.

Ageeta, bardia, and naval are classic swarmers, these enemies are supposed to nightmares for classes with low DFP. they even made ageetas tech resistant. unfortunately, thet made forces a bit too strong.

JAFO22000
May 7, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-05-07 11:58, A2K wrote:

I agree with the sentiment, but I find that the four-legged small/medium creatures to actually be among the more varied out of all of them.

Yeah, slightly varied, but in the end all of the four legged creatures just basically run around and charge you.

I guess I miss enemies like Dubchics from PSO....there was slightly more strategy in that game and a bit more innovative enemies. Most of the enemies in this game are defeated the same: with brute force.

ThEoRy
May 7, 2007, 02:42 PM
Does anyone else miss the Dark Horseman/Chaos Bringer?

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 02:46 PM
I miss Garanz, Delsaber, Mothmant, Poison Lily, and the Sinows.
Also all the enemies that split into different ones (Pan Arms, Bulclaw).

Alkaar
May 7, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:39, SolomonGrundy wrote:
most of the monsters in PSU that I find enjoyable are larger ones.

Grinning beta, Svaltus, Kumarijarb (or whatever). Though I am a little annoyed that all the Pohavorha=Kog nad=Dur Guhera can do a stomp move.

Ageeta, bardia, and naval are classic swarmers, these enemies are supposed to nightmares for classes with low DFP. they even made ageetas tech resistant. unfortunately, thet made forces a bit too strong.

I too enjoy the larger enemies such at the ones you've mentioned.

We've fought multiple Ginna Betes and Svalti, but I think I'd most enjoy fighting multiple Kagajibari (Rainbow Beasts). Throw in a bunch of Goshin (worms) and Gohmons (barta casting creatures), and I think that'd make for some good times.

Shaidar
May 7, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:42, Octagon wrote:

I miss them. They were badass and a classic PS monster. The Currigane is somewhat based on them for sure, but I want the real thing. Ah well, it's not over yet. We're getting the grass assassins back for example. :3

A2K
May 7, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:40, JAFO22000 wrote:

Yeah, slightly varied, but in the end all of the four legged creatures just basically run around and charge you.

I guess I miss enemies like Dubchics from PSO....there was slightly more strategy in that game and a bit more innovative enemies. Most of the enemies in this game are defeated the same: with brute force.

There definitely was more initial variety in PSO (although when Episode II and IV came out that depreciated a bit) but arguably, the same thing about brute force could be said--aside from the Dubchic example. (Other exceptions I'd toss in there were the Monest/Mothmant and Recon/Recobox type enemies.)

With positioning being relevant, the lack of enemy knockdown/knockback/blowaway, and even simpler "I'll attack what's closest to me" AI I can't in good conscience say there was more strategy to PSO at all.

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:52, Shaidar wrote:

On 2007-05-07 12:42, Octagon wrote:

I miss them. They were badass and a classic PS monster. The Currigane is somewhat based on them for sure, but I want the real thing. Ah well, it's not over yet. We're getting the grass assassins back for example. :3

Why do ppl want to turn psu into a remade version of PSO?? Come off it carriguine and kametoze are cool and original(ok original monsters are rare)

Mwabwetumba
May 7, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well, it's obvious that we need a second-phase Olga Flow.
It'd look like it does in PSO ep2, with millions upon millions of HP. Also, it'll change it's element in regular intervals (like in PSO, but it will have ALOT more impact in PSU). Every attack should land about 1000 damage, with crits. up to 10,000 , just for the impressiveness of it.

(And finally, I'd like an Olga Flow SUV, in which a spectral form of Olga Flow materializes in your place and launches a trio of schockwaves, ending with the "God's Punishment" attack.)

JAFO22000
May 7, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-05-07 12:53, A2K wrote:

There definitely was more initial variety in PSO (although when Episode II and IV came out that depreciated a bit) but arguably, the same thing about brute force could be said--aside from the Dubchic example. (Other exceptions I'd toss in there were the Monest/Mothmant and Recon/Recobox type enemies.)

I would throw in Claw, Belra, Chaos Sorceror, Dark Gunner, Gee, Gi Gue and Delbiter as well, among other things.

With positioning being relevant, the lack of enemy knockdown/knockback/blowaway, and even simpler "I'll attack what's closest to me" AI I can't in good conscience say there was more strategy to PSO at all.

I can agree with this. I'm not saying that there was a HUGE amount of strategy in PSO, but enemies tended to take a bit more thought to take down...until you beat about 5 of them and just used the same technique over and over again...I guess I just liked the variety in PSO, rather than "it charges you, then runs away"..

zandra117
May 7, 2007, 03:45 PM
I would like to see a PSU version of Pan-Arms and the Slimes

Akaimizu
May 7, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-05-07 13:40, JAFO22000 wrote:

I can agree with this. I'm not saying that there was a HUGE amount of strategy in PSO, but enemies tended to take a bit more thought to take down...until you beat about 5 of them and just used the same technique over and over again...I guess I just liked the variety in PSO, rather than "it charges you, then runs away"..

Still. The amount of thought you need really does change depending on the class you play, in PSU. Not all classes are created equal as I find that I do often have to use different things dependant on the enemy here. At least to take more advantage of the situation. On the other hand, PSO made it very hard to build a character the way you wanted to. Everything, including what your character became powerful in, was based mainly on a luck factor. Every level of a Tech you had, was a found or discovered item. The fact it would show up in a store, for you, had some luck involved.

I remember when I started PSO, I wanted to specialize in Lightning Techs, yet instead the game kind of chose for me that I'd be stronger in Fire for a very long time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-07 13:49 ]</font>

Shaidar
May 7, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-05-07 13:15, Eleina wrote:

Why do ppl want to turn psu into a remade version of PSO?? Come off it carriguine and kametoze are cool and original(ok original monsters are rare)

Alright, my bad if I made it sound like that. What I meant was that pretty much every PS game has some classic monsters that always make an appearence. PSU has rappies, but that's about it.

Also, seeing as they're already adding alot of PSO-like stuff in AoI, I'd very much like to see them include a classic like the Chaos Bringer.

Akaimizu
May 7, 2007, 03:53 PM
Actually, didn't someone already post a picture of a Chaos Bringer-like enemy in AOI?

Whoops. My mistake. That was Chaos Sorceror.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-07 13:55 ]</font>

Shaidar
May 7, 2007, 03:54 PM
I've missed that. o_O

Sinue_v2
May 7, 2007, 04:33 PM
Mines from PSO crushes the dogbots of PSU, and then we shouldnt even mention the badass mechs found in PSIV.

Actually, I really liked the design of the Grinna Bete series of robotic enemies. Very reminicent of the classic mechanical enemies.

http://www.pso-world.com/psu/beastiary/45/9-m.jpg

http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/loader.gif

Some of the other enemies also seem inspired by the classic droid enemies, albiet - not the very cool or memorable ones. Those "Dog" robots that just run around and spin? NeoWhistler.

http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/neowhistle.gif

As for what kind of enemy I'd like to see? Dopplegangers who look exactly like your party, and have their same abilities and strengths. That would be extremely confusing, and fun getting rushed by like 15 enemies who look and act like your party.. Maybe give them some kind of an effect, like a slight "holographic distortion shimmering" or something when hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-07 14:36 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
May 7, 2007, 04:43 PM
I agree w/ Solomongrundy that big enemies are fun to fight against. And about Ageetas, Badiras, and Navals, I would have never believed that they would be able to hurt me when I got my female Newmans to fT. As a Hunter, which I usually am, I simply beat them up, I sometimes dont' even think they're worth wasting my PP on all the time.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-05-07 13:45, zandra117 wrote:
I would like to see a PSU version of...the Slimes

Y halo thar Goshin.

I don't have a problem with the enemies, most are ripped from PSO more or less anyway. I do, however, wish there was a larger variety of robots, the spiny four-legged things are just dumb. Needs more Wireface-looking dudes.

Jife_Jifremok
May 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
I wanna fight a fleet of Aerotanks. Hell, some Armyeyes would be fitting, given PSU's tendency to have enemies rely on paralysis, freeze and other forms of not-letting-you-move.

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
I want these:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/psiv1.png

Because they're grotesque.

akratic
May 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
I am not one to argue that PSU should be just like PSO, but it is somewhat surprising that they didn't learn from or implement the more varied enemy ideas from PSO.

But at the same time, I find myself constantly trying to figure out the best way to deal with group spawns of the bigger enemies.

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 05:04 PM
Pannons are my favorite enemy so far.

Aggressive? Maybe they are a little bit too aggresive. The first time I did Unsafe Passage S I wasn't expecting the Delsaban evolution thing to beat me to the ground. I could've sworn one of the train rouges kicked me in the stomach when I was on the ground.

Scary? Kamatoze is scary when I see it. I think "Oh man I'm gonna get Dambarta'd to death!". Otherwise I don't think many videogame monsters are scary.

Hmm a create an enemy....well I kinda got one I wanted. A humanoid shaped one that if I hit more than once it would count.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-07 15:06 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
double post with another guy in between? Snap!
And CG Ronin on the Quad post!
Anyhoo, i like how the enemies look. The only enemy i wanted from PSO is coming to PSU so im fine with em

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 05:14 PM
Ronin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/Envy_06/dontdoublepost0yz.gif

J/k XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-07 15:15 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 7, 2007, 05:19 PM
http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psi/monsters/crawler.gif
http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psi/monsters/octopus.gif
http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psi/monsters/marauder.gif

http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psii/monsters/LOCUST.jpg

Please?

Oh, and special mention to:
http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psii/monsters/CATMAN.jpg

Shiro_Ryuu
May 7, 2007, 05:19 PM
Imagine a fight between a Pannon and a Lapucha? Man, that would be one hell of a bloodfest. Throw in a Polty for a triple threat match, and you just have like the greatest fight of the 3 most powerful enemies in PSU. I got my money on the Lapucha though.

Jife_Jifremok
May 7, 2007, 05:29 PM
Let's see the NPC reactions on this...
http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psii/monsters/RABITGUT.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-05-07 15:29 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 05:29 PM
We already get Locust in the form of Grass Assassin.

Parn
May 7, 2007, 05:31 PM
We also already have worms. Everyone hates them.

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-05-07 15:29, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-05-07 15:29 ]</font>

Oh! they are too cute to kill!

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-05-07 15:35, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-07 15:29, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Oh! they are too cute to kill!

Laia Martinez: That's a face only a mother could love.

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 05:37 PM
It'd make my day if one of the NPC's reaction to seeing a booma is "I don't like their weird faces."

SolomonGrundy
May 7, 2007, 05:41 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif says the fortefighter...
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JAFO22000
May 7, 2007, 05:43 PM
...I'm actually a Fortetecher.

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
Actually if you beat a Dubchic enough it will give up and blow up.

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-05-07 15:51, VanHalen wrote:
Actually if you beat a Dubchic enough it will give up and blow up.But then it gets back up like the little robo-zombie it is.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 7, 2007, 06:03 PM
No, you could actually beat them to death so many times that they don't come back. They just had a shiton of HP.

In fact at least once in challenge mode you had to kill one that had no control thingy.

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
Really? I thought they were just immortal.

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 06:13 PM
Nope. I liked watching them get back up over and over so I kept hitting them. Eventually one fell over and blew up.

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
On 2007-05-07 16:13, VanHalen wrote:
Nope. I liked watching them get back up over and over so I kept hitting them. Eventually one fell over and blew up. XD
If it weren't for their numbers I'd've probly tried that too.

majorgamer55
May 7, 2007, 06:40 PM
you know what would make an awesome enemy?
Bringing back good-old Gibbles.
maybe gi-gue and that big flower thing too Mericle

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
*screams like a schoolgirl* NOOO don't bring back Gibbles!!!!!

Ryo_Hayasa
May 7, 2007, 07:23 PM
I want... I want a doppleganger character, A empty pallete of a monster and then the second you attack it, it shifts (or maybe once it targets you it shifts) it shifts into the the character it targets. with buffed stats as well as more levels than you. Enough to keep you and your entire party worried. Also it would use whatever PAs you have (reguardless of what PA you're using for the moment)

Who better a enemy than yourself? Then again a party could destory one doppleganger, but what if you had to fight 6 of them at a time each representing a party member. Insanity. Yes. I know!

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-05-07 17:23, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
I want... I want a doppleganger character, A empty pallete of a monster and then the second you attack it, it shifts (or maybe once it targets you it shifts) it shifts into the the character it targets. with buffed stats as well as more levels than you. Enough to keep you and your entire party worried. Also it would use whatever PAs you have (reguardless of what PA you're using for the moment)

Who better a enemy than yourself? Then again a party could destory one doppleganger, but what if you had to fight 6 of them at a time each representing a party member. Insanity. Yes. I know!

I would love this game so much more if they had an enemy like that. It would have to start out looking like those clay models that are shown in lobbies when a character is loading. Then once it's hit it will turn blue like when your character does when it loads in a party. That would be kickass.

natewifi
May 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-05-07 17:55, natewifi wrote:

[quote]On 2007-05-07 11:58, A2K wrote:

I feel exactly what your saying, like how the Garanz Baranz you could make the missles hit itself or other enemies, or how that giant nut sac thing you had to kill it before it releases more bugs, and STILL let out more bugs when it was handycapped, or how you had to hit rappies once they tried to escape just to get the item. I can still go on.

I dunno, it just feels like ST got lucky with PSO and just so happened to come up with ideas people liked, and tried the same with PSU and sadly/pathetically failed at that. STOP TRYING TO COMPETE WITH SQUARE ENIX!!!

The old enemies were far more agressive ex. Hil De Bears jumping speed was far more quicker than Bil de Vears. I hope ST is reading this...

Whoops sorry about the double post and wierd quote...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-07 18:06 ]</font>

Nobo
May 7, 2007, 08:00 PM
I only like Rappies, Jaggos, and pannons. They need some more good creatures like in PSO. I miss the lilys, the slimes, the hildebears(more fun than build de bears), and most of all the beloved DELSABER and those big machine dudes that went REEEER and fired missiles at you. I go DELSABER shoppin at the DELI market. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

ShinMaruku
May 7, 2007, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMxkQyPstaQ
These guys would make brilliant foes.

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-05-07 18:00, Nobo wrote:
those big machine dudes that went REEEER and fired missiles at you.Garanz, and I want it too.

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-05-07 17:59, natewifi wrote:

The old enemies were far more agressive ex. Hil De Bears jumping speed was far more quicker than Bil de Vears. I hope ST is reading this...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-07 18:06 ]</font>

Hil De Bear(despite it being my favorite enemy) did like one punch and then roared. Probably a foie or two.

Bil de Vear does a punch and makes a tornado that sucks you end. Not to mention it can jump and body slam you which causes stun. Who the more aggresive there?

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 08:43 PM
Last time I played I was running around one of the caves on moatoob being chased by a leaping Bil De Vear for like three minutes, don't even say they're not aggressive (I wasn't soloing or shooting it either, why was it picking on meeee? ;_;).

natewifi
May 7, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-05-07 18:18, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-05-07 17:59, natewifi wrote:

Hil De Bear(despite it being my favorite enemy) did like one punch and then roared. Probably a foie or two.

Bil de Vear does a punch and makes a tornado that sucks you end. Not to mention it can jump and body slam you which causes stun. Who the more aggresive there?

No, no I sed the enemies were far more aggressive, then got into detail on how that enemy was aggressive but I didnt neccecarily (I just cant ever spell that word) say Hil De Bear was better, I sed his jumping speed was gradually faster. Hil De Bear does a punch too, and your making him look like Hil De Bears are soft or something. In exchange for the tornado, in PSO he shot a crappy foie, or a strong gizonde or lv.30 megido, and what do you mean body slam? Hil De Bear jumped and smashed you too.

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 09:01 PM
Nah he more like stomped on you. He didn't do a full out "arrgh Hulk smash!" belly flop. I never said Hil de Bears are soft but they aren't that aggresive compared to the Bil de Vear. I mean in PSO Alicia said they are peaceful until needlessy provoked.

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 09:51 PM
When I was still a PSO newbie I stayed in forest 1 for a long time for fear of hildes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-05-07 19:52 ]</font>

Stezan
May 7, 2007, 10:41 PM
ive actually noticed differences in how the smaller four-legged enemies attack.

-Sendillian: Hunt u. usually seem to attack as much as possible
-Koltova: Slow but persistant. attack when possible
-Distova: frantic running
-Ollaka: Split into groups and atttack from behind
-Jisu...the big headed guys: dont really know this one

I like the Deljabans also, they are definitly one of the more aggressive in the way they hammer like 5 hits at once, jump away ans cast megid.

Helly
May 7, 2007, 10:41 PM
Most of the baddies are kind of lame looking and acting. Another barrier is their exotic names. I can remember and spell like Delsaban and Naval but most are either to long or hard to say or spell.

Zorafim
May 7, 2007, 11:13 PM
I also dislike the fact that I've only memorized a handful of enemy names since I started playing. Did they pick them up from a random word generator or something of that effect?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 7, 2007, 11:14 PM
Oh come now, only a few (I'm looking at you, Kagajibberjabber) are difficult.

Mutt12
May 7, 2007, 11:20 PM
The monsters kinda disappoint me. Infact, the whole aesthetic pales in comparison to PSO's whole creepy crystalline/organic look.

Zorafim
May 7, 2007, 11:21 PM
They're nonsensical, though. There's no possible way for me to learn the name of any of them without looking them up beforehand.
This is also true for weapons and PAs, which although were based off a language, actually don't mean anything if I'm not mistaken. I like knowing what my weapon means, dang it!

The monsters kinda disappoint me. Infact, the whole aesthetic pales in comparison to PSO's whole creepy crystalline/organic look.

You may like the older games, if that's the case. Much of PSO's atmosphere is basically just a 3D rendition of things from older games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-05-07 21:22 ]</font>

Mutt12
May 7, 2007, 11:29 PM
You may like the older games, if that's the case. Much of PSO's atmosphere is basically just a 3D rendition of things from older games.

Love the older games. Though I'm referring to the particular art style of PSO. It had this weird element to it that made the game all menacing and creepy, even when you're walking through a brightly lit meadow. And the monsters were a big part of that aesthetic.

Zorafim
May 7, 2007, 11:32 PM
Agreed, the atmosphere was basically what made PSO. I'm positive that if I started off with PSU, I wouldn't be a PS fan.

And now starts the PSO vs. PSU war...

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-05-07 21:14, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Oh come now, only a few (I'm looking at you, Kagajibberjabber) are difficult.

Yeah I started to call him yellow guy now. Or Kirby.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-07 21:42 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah their names are impossible, I remember some time back sitting here thinking, what the Hell's a Jarba? despite having fought them before.

Cz
May 8, 2007, 12:06 AM
here are the enemies and their attack that i think can be fun to fight with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Name: ~Fatty Cat~
attack: flatten you and paralyzed you...lol. The attack does area damage, therefore, it can hit all 6 characters if you all bunch up...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
starting level: level 100, so you can get an S rank weapon from it.
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5085/mikoto2ycoe4.gif quote from Fatty Cat, "You might be fat, but i am fatter...haha"

Name: ~Ultimate Being~ aka Ethan's daughter.
attack: ultimate big artemis sword. The attack have megid effect that can killed all your party members...so bring your scape doll..hehe.
starting level: level 200...the true last boss and the biggest challege you will ever face. A battle of a life time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4133/nina85dhqg9.gifquote from Ultimate Being, "I will avenge my father!"

Mutt12
May 8, 2007, 12:22 AM
Bil De Vear amuses me the most. Sounds like the name of a person. "Bill De Vear? Yeah I know him. He hands out a badly xeroxed communist newsletter on the street corner over there."

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 8, 2007, 12:24 AM
The above post fails for stupid anime pictures and ideas.

Cz
May 8, 2007, 12:27 AM
On 2007-05-07 22:24, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
The above post fails for stupid anime pictures and ideas.

that really hurt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif And i took some time to come up with the ideas. I hate you! *ran off*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-05-07 22:28 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 8, 2007, 12:30 AM
lolk.

In all seriousness, I hope you weren't seriously suggesting that stuff, because it doesn't fit at all with Phantasy Star and frankly, is pretty ridiculous.

On the other hand, I probably can't suggesting anything good either.

Weeaboolits
May 8, 2007, 12:34 AM
Giant mosquitos that heal themselves by attacking you ala PSII.

Mutt12
May 8, 2007, 12:43 AM
Giant mosquitos that heal themselves by attacking you ala PSII.

Complete with the kickass attack sound effects!

Weeaboolits
May 8, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-05-07 22:43, Mutt12 wrote:

Giant mosquitos that heal themselves by attacking you ala PSII.Complete with the kickass attack sound effects!I want the Grass Assassins to go BUAH! when they hit me XD

Also we need gian bees that shoot off stingers and poison shooting snakes, also nano dragon.

Mutt12
May 8, 2007, 01:06 AM
I want the Grass Assassins to go BUAH! when they hit me XD

Also we need gian bees that shoot off stingers and poison shooting snakes, also nano dragon.

Don't forget wooly mammoths that attack by blowing snot at you

Weeaboolits
May 8, 2007, 01:29 AM
On 2007-05-07 23:06, Mutt12 wrote:

I want the Grass Assassins to go BUAH! when they hit me XD

Don't forget wooly mammoths that attack by blowing snot at you

I didn't get that far. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I want the flying robots that keep killing me in the Bio-plant in PSIV.

Sexy_Raine
May 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
The monsters with the best designs are:
Svaltus, Seed Vitice(creepy looking), and Grinna Beta.

I think mosy of the designs are lame though, not intimidating enough

Weeaboolits
May 8, 2007, 02:03 AM
Like Gol Dova with it's goofy smily face. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I want this, dammit! >.<
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/WALL-WITHOUTBARS.jpg

Mwabwetumba
May 8, 2007, 02:19 AM
I would also like to see Ill Gil again.
They're so awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eleina
May 8, 2007, 02:48 AM
Oh my PSO is coming back into peoples minds.....maybe it never left actually lol

Saphion
May 8, 2007, 04:34 AM
It would be great if the final boss emerged from a smashed crate, like Dark Force did in Phantasy Star 2. (I think?)

"HAY GUYZ I GET ITUMZ NAO!"

*crash*

"Hmmm."

*death!*

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2007, 05:27 AM
Pandora's box. He was also in the box in PSI, PSIII, and PSO.

Zorafim
May 8, 2007, 11:49 AM
I don't remember Falz in any boxes in PSI, nor in PSO.

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2007, 12:01 PM
Underneith the Govener's Mansion, after you walk to the end of the corridor there's a box. Open it, and the boss battle begins. In PSO, the box is sitting in the middle of the Obelisk platform. You have to walk up to it to activate it and initiate the boss battle.

Akaimizu
May 8, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-05-07 18:10, ShinMaruku wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMxkQyPstaQ
These guys would make brilliant foes.

Just had to remind me once again how brilliant Ninja Gaiden really was. Even though the game isn't old, him bringing out that Unlabored Flawless and kick major butt with that "Ultimate Discipline Paddle" hit me with such nostalgia. Makes me want to fire it up again.

Anyway, I like some of the suggestions here. Dopplegangers from Player-made characters (appearand and all) would be rather neat. (Has this been done before?)

I guess the thing I like best about those missle launching foes from PSO Mines (Garanz), was the way they seem to get more powerful the more damage they took. Watching that armor come off and then see even more missiles fly out was quite a thing to see. I also remember the Cloaked version of them in the Jungle. The first time, one of those so got me good. Practically ran right smack into him before I realized he was there. Just like Predator.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-08 10:07 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 8, 2007, 12:09 PM
Underneith the Govener's Mansion, after you walk to the end of the corridor there's a box. Open it, and the boss battle begins.

Didn't you have to walk through a door? I mean, I guess you could call a huge locked room a "box", but I don't think I would.

I'm almost with you with PSO, though. I vaguely remember a box there. I just never noticed it since I couldn't stand close to it. It should have been a switch if they wanted the whole "pandora's box" thing.

JAFO22000
May 8, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-05-08 10:01, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Underneith the Govener's Mansion, after you walk to the end of the corridor there's a box. Open it, and the boss battle begins. In PSO, the box is sitting in the middle of the Obelisk platform. You have to walk up to it to activate it and initiate the boss battle.

What version did you play?? In the original US SMS release, you still had to travel under the Governer's Mansion, but there was a certain wall you had to use TRAP on to find the Falz battle....perhaps it's been "dumbed down" since then?

Saphion
May 8, 2007, 12:10 PM
It would actually be great if Dark Force had a 0.10% chance of appearing from any smashed crate in the entire game. Obviously teleporting the team to a completely dark arena (to keep in with the feel of previous games).

It would certainly be a shock for the team involved, anyway.

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, sorry... you guys are right. Lack of sleep must be getting to me. Could have swore there was a box at the end of the corridor you had to open to start the fight. (and yes, behind the hidden wall passage). Never actually made it to the end of Generation I to see if they added a box or not.

Zarbolord
May 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
New Creature: Atomic Pouny
High DFP and moves extremely fast.
Picture: __________ A _______ A
_______________AA(__(I)___(I)____)__AA
______________________---___----- /__ /
_______________( _______ ___ _______)
_______________( ______(___ )________)
________________ /____/______________
__________________ V V _______V V V

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-05-08 10:42 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
May 8, 2007, 12:47 PM
This game is lacking the more dark/creepy mobs. All I see are funky creatures that bounce around happily while trying to kill yah with a heel kick or something.

I miss seeing mobs such as Il Gills, Delsabers, Merillias, Indi Belra, etc. Now those mobs were scary and unique in all forms.

I do give props to the Svaltus, Dila Greena, Galvapas, and Grina Bete mobs of PSU though. To me all the best mobs are the mini/bosses of the game besides the rare mobs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

natewifi
May 8, 2007, 03:21 PM
Every four legged enemy has a suck ass headbutt attack and annoyingly runs around like a dumbass instead of fighting head on into an "epic" battle. If I had the ability, I would switch all of the enemies from PSO into PSU, but with the PSU "oomph".

Off Topic : On a side note if nano dragon were to come back, ST should make a weapon out of its cannon, that shouldve been the first thing to come to their heads when they made him (that includes something like the ultimate level evil shark claws n stuff too).

Since there are four legged enemies, they shouldnt all do the same thing, they should each have their own way of survival (like how animals in real life adapt to their habitat by developing some kind of natural defense to live life) by gaining there own way of fighting (ex.Koltovas can shoot one straight laser out of their mouth (one way of the SUV spread laser) that does great damage once in distress, and uses the attack frequently and not like Kamatoze that uses its special type barrier every once in awhile, ugh its so annoying, and not challenging, you cant even break the barrier). Everyone on this forum could make ST better, but ST.

Another example for enemy attacks (and ours) is to do more quicker hits, but less damage (im talking Marvel vs Capcom type hits), im not saying make PSU a whole different game, no definitely not, but imo the enemies might as well stand there and just die instead of waisting our time chasing them around and the other enemies doing little annoying damage during the time your chasing the other and such. Give the enemies something thats gonna make the battle worth while is all im saying (since you can juggle enemies, why not be able to juggle you back, or throw you around left and right, ive tried S2 and w/e but thats not what im talking about).

VanHalen
May 8, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-05-08 00:48, Eleina wrote:
Oh my PSO is coming back into peoples minds.....maybe it never left actually lol

*sigh* Guess I gotta beat back out again XD

Paramedic
May 8, 2007, 08:14 PM
My monster: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Grue

Weeaboolits
May 8, 2007, 09:23 PM
I want a monster like this:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/leviathan.jpg

Dj_SkyEpic
May 8, 2007, 09:31 PM
^ That would be in some form of De Rol Le XD if they made him.

Zorafim
May 8, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-05-08 19:23, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I want a monster like this:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/leviathan.jpg

I wanted to make that my sig once.
And yes, we need a friggen' huge aquatic enemy. De Rol Le clone or not, we need a Leviathan.

Spider
May 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
Delsabers and Sinows need to make a return, they were freaky, especially back in the dreamcast days.

Garanz-Baranz
May 9, 2007, 12:15 AM
I'd want huge knight like guys, Like Svaltus's, but less... Relic-ish, I mean like a Darknut from Legend of Zelda.

If not that... BRING VOL OPT BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 9, 2007, 12:26 AM
We already have Sinows...

And if anything were to come, it should be the enemies that were actually moderately difficult, such as Ill Gill, Delbiter, Mericarol family, or Girtablulu.

Weeaboolits
May 9, 2007, 12:50 AM
Girtablulu?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 9, 2007, 12:58 AM
Yes, Girtablulu. It was a reskinned Mericarol-type enemy in Episode 4 Desert. It was dark type, very strong, could spam gizonde, foie, and gibarta, and it had this annoying attack that involved sucking you towards it from across the room.

Oh, and its defense was absurd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-05-08 22:58 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 9, 2007, 01:08 AM
Ah, I've never played ep 4, due to its PC-only release (My PC can't run it. ;_;).