PDA

View Full Version : No one want to party with a lvl. 1 protranser

Galvin
May 7, 2007, 03:12 PM
I just change over from a fortefighter to a protranser. I can not get in a party for the life of me, when i try and join one in progress, i get booted. I am a lvl 65 beast, have about 850 hp, 3 bows, some traps, many healing and scapes, so i dont know whats wrong. People must see I am a lvl. 1 and say forget it, or maybe the people of seabed uni 1 are difficuult to please...

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 03:23 PM
To many idiots lol =/
If you joined me i wouldn't give a shit if you died or whatever guess you just keep landing on the bad partys v_v

Akaimizu
May 7, 2007, 03:28 PM
Well, that's generally not the best place to find people who aren't looking for players of specific equip and class levels. If you're going to find people who are going to be a bit more exclusive in choices, that's a prime place to find them.

A lot of times trying to reraise in a new job often requires friendly people who are willing to help you raise up stuff. Randoms can be a little more tough to find. Without them, or some arrangement, sometimes you have to work up a bit of solo detail to get yourself up to a certain level. Of course, that's why people may come on here and try to ask to see if people would like to come on and help a fellow PSO-worlder out. My guess the Matchup forum is the main place to do so.

Mortisx3
May 7, 2007, 03:44 PM
Maybe they know you suck and are worried you'll bring them down too!

The_Brimada
May 7, 2007, 03:46 PM
The easiest way to solve this problem is to make the game yourself. Worst someone else can do is not join you. I've played PT for 9 levels now and haven't been booted from a single game once as of yet then again I was making the team myself in the beginning stages and was only lvl 28 when I began it.

Dahilia
May 7, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-05-07 13:44, Mortisx3 wrote:
Maybe they think you suck and are worried you'll bring them down too, the cowards.

Fixed. :

Dhylec
May 7, 2007, 04:01 PM
Starting PT is weak, heck you lost about half of all your stats, so start out low. Don't join hi-lev missions yet - for your & everyone else's easy of mind.

Of course, if you can find a group who don't mind then, it's your place to be. ;]

Dragwind
May 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
Go to Crimson Beast XD! Seriously, no one will care. I raised hunter lvl 5 - 10 last night on S2 and even told them that I was a hunter so my B-rank slaying wouldn't be very well. They really didn't give a hoot.

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 04:05 PM
Give me a chance to use Giresta by dieing!!!!Make me use it for once!!

Galvin
May 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
very good advice (except for that mortis kid)...i will keep grinding and trying to find nice people...since all my COOL friends quit PSU!!!

KamiSori
May 7, 2007, 05:44 PM
if you are a level 1 protranser dont be suprised when people dont want you joining any Labs S2 missions. there are plenty of other players out there who could contribute just as much to the party without the extreme vulnurability of PTs. i am a full supporter of the protranser class and one of my best online buds just got his PT to level 6. it is very risky running S/S2 ranks with such low stats. i recommend doing some Crimson beast S or A runs as a new PT. its not quite as dangerous and people are less picky.

like i said, my buddy had the same problems getting into parties with his lv 1 PT but stick with it and as long as you dont ruin anyone's rank then you will find that there are many players who appreciate the work that you (and all PTs) do.

Mortisx3
May 7, 2007, 06:05 PM
No one wants to party with you, all your friends quit....hmmmm....you seeing a pattern here?

SolomonGrundy
May 7, 2007, 06:08 PM
Crimson on S would be a good fit. Grab a gigaline, or hardline if you can swing it, and teroline.

Are any of you bow PA's at level 21+? I would think that, plus traps would be enough.

Spears have good PAs for crowd control, and the Mukpearc has great ATA for it's equiping requirement. The board is uber cheap, only 12K, so synth a bunch of ice, grind em to +5/+6 and you have a great weapon for a long time

I'd stay the heck away form sworded go varha's, unless you are in defense beast mode (which I think is based on your DFP, so myabe you'd better go invulnerability beast).

sabers have rally high ATA/ATP too. you should be able to weild a jitseen.

with these things in place, how would anyone really notice you. you'll be kcking ass and taking names.

Sychosis
May 7, 2007, 06:13 PM
My level 30 hunter will play with ya, provided I'm not busy. We can have damage competitions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Its awful lonely on Uni 15 on weekday mornings http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'm actually pretty surprised at how I haven't been booted from parties with my main. Well I hope you can find some people to party with you. I would but I'm on the PC version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-07 16:16 ]</font>

Mystil
May 7, 2007, 06:17 PM
I've played with a lvl1 PT who's died 3 times in the first room in block 1 in Plains Overlord A a long time ago. That is one reason people don't like to bother with most PTs - a lot of them just piss away scapes.

Remember that DEATH is at your doorstep the minute you click "join" lol. Becareful with your tactics, haul ass from vahra and that annoying gol dova and you'll be ok and people wont even know you're there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-07 16:18 ]</font>

_DooM_
May 7, 2007, 06:59 PM
Why not wait a while for PT until you get to the lvl 80?

Most of people just look at your base lvl and not the job one, because i capped hunter lvl 10 in S2 partys and nobody knew i was fighting as a hunter

Kimil
May 7, 2007, 07:03 PM
I've never been in a party with someone who was booted for low class rank or the supossedly " Bad" class combinations ( like Van ). I think the higher ups left on the PS2 ATM ( who don't play in locked parties ) are casual players, the HXC Players are all on brakes till F.B. or AoI lol

Garnet_Moon
May 7, 2007, 07:22 PM
Nobody invites a lv1 Gimptranser for the gimp status.
Nobody invites a lv1 Tranny because of the fear of when the Tranny gets to level 10, and how quickly and easily they can replace lazy FF's and other melee and ranged chars.

Everyopne hates you for the gimp status, and your god status later on. Except me. The only thing you can't replace is someone with Resta, so i'm not afraid of ya. BTW, I luv trannies.

Powder Keg
May 7, 2007, 08:22 PM
They're just a bunch of Nerds. I don't see how it can be a problem as long as you have scapes.

"NO, I ONLY NEED SOMEONE WITH SUPERIOR STATS SO I CAN FINISH THE MISSION IN 9.26 MINUTES EXACTLY!"

-_-

-Ryuki-
May 7, 2007, 09:53 PM
That's funny. I remember someone that hung out with one of my friends a lot,
and he was a Lvl 1 PT for not even that long. Everyone kept him. His traps were
supposedly "useful".

pso123hrf
May 8, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-05-07 16:05, Mortisx3 wrote:
No one wants to party with you, all your friends quit....hmmmm....you seeing a pattern here?

0 .O WhOa, thats mean XD

AL1ST0R
May 8, 2007, 12:27 PM
Look let's face it people are a holes on psu as of late, if you joined my party i wouldn't care if you was pro,fig,hun,ra as long as you had scapes your cool in my book. That's what happs when you join immuture partys who only think of themselfs dude, im sorry that has been happening to you but hey look forward to playing with real people who enjoy the game just like you do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

imfanboy
May 8, 2007, 12:57 PM
Gah, last night I was playing my WT in a party and all of a sudden Protranser hate came up. Someone said, "Protransers are just resta magnets and drag down the rest of the party." I said, "My protranser has more HP than my wartecher."

THAT clamped down some of the hate.

I did the same thing as you - switched my beast from a Fortefighter to a Protanser because I was, well, bored of FF.

Keep trying and eventually you'll find a party that won't give a rat's ass. And those are the people you'll want to hang with. Hell, look for parties that already HAVE a protranser in them - that way you'll have someone on your side who remembers those first few gimp levels.

One of the best games I ever played was in a party with 5 Protransers and one Fortetecher. XD

chibiLegolas
May 8, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-05-07 17:03, Kimil wrote:
I've never been in a party with someone who was booted for low class rank or the supossedly " Bad" class combinations ( like Van ). I think the higher ups left on the PS2 ATM ( who don't play in locked parties ) are casual players, the HXC Players are all on brakes till F.B. or AoI lol

I'm with Kimil.
Wow. Ppl STILL kick players based on class/race?!
It's not cause of your level? lvl 65 isn't that low tho...

Are you on 360 or something? Playing in Uni 1 and all...
That's just perpostorous. I've dragged my caseal through FO 10 and FT 8, and haven't gotten kicked once from random parties. (I got kicked as a GT tho. Not sure why...)
I get the occational "!!" type comments, but most ppl welcome a support FO and gave me a pat on the back for making a FOcaseal.

Ppl are just ridiculous sometimes. YOU as a player are NOT defined solely on your class/race. Smart play tactics does. I don't know why ppl like that don't give players a chance first to see how they handle themselves in battle.

Don't be disheartened about it. Just keep looking. Though I do agree, CB speed runners don't really care since it's widely accepted ppl there are solely there for MP. And that just draws lowbies and unpopular race/class combo types.

Eleina
May 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
Getting kicked from party is rather amusing though..i created a caracter way back and decided to lvl him as a newcomer would...i had to go through 7 partys b4 i found one which accepted me lol.

1st "Do you have scapes?" "No" *boot"
2nd : "Ewww a lvl 1" *boot*
3rd : "sorry i forgot to lock the party" (there where 3 ppl in the party with JOIN UP as comment) *boot*
4th: "hello" *boot*
etc
lolol i found it very amusing

Jakosifer
May 8, 2007, 02:34 PM
XD Eh, when I was lvling up PT I'd even announce that I was a weak PT so if they were going to boot me they wouldn't wait until I died once or twice. None of them ever did, hell some guy told me to leach at some point and got me to lvl 4 PT from lvl 3 which was a huge help. He quit I guess but...yea, you can find some really cool people if you just keep trying, not everyone on this game is a complete ass.

Tita
May 8, 2007, 02:35 PM
crimson beast S as someone mentioned earlier. plentiful parties, many of which you can coast through as long as you play smart.
i'm thinking of switching up from WT to PT this week too, so if you're on the PS2/PC servers and see me around, hit me up! we can noob together all over parum! or hell, i can be your personal bodyguard while i max out WT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i used to spam Bruce to get to PT 2 with friends, but it's hard to get buddies all together these days (and my partner in crime is on hiatus too, bummer!).

and besides, people who boot cuz they think they're so L337 are usually people you wouldn't want to associate with in real life anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Beast PT levels 1-3 tactic: bows, sneak in traps, RUN AWAYS!!!!1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-05-08 12:36 ]</font>

landman
May 8, 2007, 02:42 PM
I've made the same, Beast Fortefighter 10 to protranser, and if I'm not playing with friends I just play with B, A or S partys in Crimsom Beast with my lvl 64

chibiLegolas
May 8, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-05-08 11:55, Eleina wrote:
Getting kicked from party is rather amusing though..i created a caracter way back and decided to lvl him as a newcomer would...i had to go through 7 partys b4 i found one which accepted me lol.

1st "Do you have scapes?" "No" *boot"
2nd : "Ewww a lvl 1" *boot*
3rd : "sorry i forgot to lock the party" (there where 3 ppl in the party with JOIN UP as comment) *boot*
4th: "hello" *boot*
etc
lolol i found it very amusing

LOL.
Ahh.... I can see the hilarity in that.
But being lvl 1 character, and lvl 1 PT, are 2 VERY different things. The poster worked hard to get to lvl 65. It's just being PT 1 that ppl were scared of.

But lvl 1 character IMO, could mean that the player didn't want to bother play'n through the tuturial (or didn't know about it) and learn the basics of the game. So I could imagine the team leader to just explain to go talk to their PM and do that mission first, then boot. But that's just me.
And off topic...

Genoa
May 8, 2007, 06:18 PM
When I was a level 1 protraner I got kicked all the time too <_>
When I was a level 1 Fortetecher I got kicked all the time as well >_> (f-cast mind you)
Solution: Played with friends
Potential Problem: No friends on :<
Solution to potential Problem: I went to another class for a while :3 I love changing, it's fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that probably explains why I haven't maxed out any class level yet, but I have alot of numbers in alot of classes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

omegapirate2k
May 8, 2007, 06:22 PM
Muahahaha, Im going to go protranser when I cap fortefighter, then there'll be nothing to stop me!

Galvin
May 8, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ppl are just ridiculous sometimes. YOU as a player are NOT defined solely on your class/race. Smart play tactics does. I don't know why ppl like that don't give players a chance first to see how they handle themselves in battle.

you are right chibi, i have seen may lvl 80s die because they were silly. i know people look at your level and class and if its not to their liking they are a noob.

this game does take some skill especially as a low lvl PT. you have to pick your spots when to melee and when to hang back a fire your alteric. when i was leveling my hunter i got in a party with 3 lvl 80 forte gunners and i was lvl 10 in about 5 runs, i guess there are some cool people around after all!!!

Galvin
May 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
*sorry, then YOU are the noob*

Alamar
May 8, 2007, 11:32 PM
well I just finished my transer and moving on to my 8th job as guntecher. I was lucky to have 3 good people to play with two friends and my sister. It is very hard to group as a lvl 1 transer you a very very weak but let me say you gain mad HP every class lvl by the time u hit lvl 8 you wont be scared to use the axe or spear. by lvl 10 you will see the power of transer. there traps are unmatched. when I finish this I will go back to transer. Sister and I Do all the S2 with him which is not somethng amazing. but we have no problem at all whipping through the runs. You will learn to love the traps as well as other good support. Don't get discouraged there are some good people here that will play I am one. I will say Lab S2 with its 159 points is by far the easiest way to lvl classes, I did 4 classes there in no time. If you see Artemis Male Beast lvl 80 hanging around give me a shout I'll do runs with you no problem.

AweOfShe
May 9, 2007, 02:14 AM
Wow, I never knew people got booted for being a Protranser Lv1.

I guess I should be grateful that it never happened to me. And my main is a NEWMAN Protranser. I'd have thought that would get me booted faster too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Addendum: I'd like to say to anyone that DOES do it... I hope they get chlamydia. That is all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-05-09 00:16 ]</font>

ChaotistRazor
May 9, 2007, 03:00 AM
I recently created a alternate character (Cast Protranser) myself, currently level 51/4. I've not yet had any problem with any of the parties I've joined, and although some people crack wise every once in a while, it's all in good fun.

Are you kicked the second you join the group? If so, it's probably not because of your Type level 1 status. (Can't you only see type levels from the mission counter/join party section?)

Galvin
May 9, 2007, 05:19 AM
not the second i join, but after a little bit...i dont get booted all the times, but more times than not i join a party mid run (because no one wants me) hoping to do some more runs, and everyone quits when we finish...prolly just bad luck and has nothing to do with my weak status

alamar, i will take you up on that, i will be on tonight, 3*male beast luck!!

Dragon_Knight
May 9, 2007, 08:15 AM
Believe it or not when I started out my Protranser newman, I did so running through S2 labs. Yes I would die in one-two hits tops but by staying out of the way and knowing when to zip in and carpet bomb the crap out of things I managed to get to lv 5 in no time at all. No one seemed to care that I was only doing 80-100 damage per hit, as long as I was bombing the larger monsters of course.

But still I feel your pain too I've been booted from random parties as well JUST for being a protranser, "gimped" as they would say. But being a bomber is fun anyway...how else will you be able to take down Onma C in five seconds or less?

Tita
May 9, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-05-09 00:14, AweOfShe wrote:
I guess I should be grateful that it never happened to me. And my main is a NEWMAN Protranser. I'd have thought that would get me booted faster too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
</font>

and a FEMALE newman at that! *massive kudos*

and if that doesn't deserve massive kudos, then i dont know what does.

RedX
May 9, 2007, 06:50 PM
I've never been booted for being a PT. In fact I've actually been in parties just because i was a PT. My advice for finding a party is just keep trying, not all party leaders can be jackasses.

Oh and on a semi-related topic, people should stop saying that a low level PT has to use a bow to be good or stay alive. I almost never used my bow at low levels, yet i died less then, than now. IMO you should be meleeing as a low level PT as your guns and melee weapons on are at the same level. Just a few levels back i could only use 4* melee with guns being at 8* (maybe 9* never bothered to check). that is when you shouldn't meleeing as much. Bows, i found, were most useful the stage just before Glaunchers/Lasers.

Sorry about that mini-rant, but that has been bugging me for a while -_-

SStrikerR
May 9, 2007, 06:56 PM

dude just shut up. if you think you're funny, no, you'e pissing some people of and putting others down, just leave the friken site if you dont have ANYHTING good to say, and btw topic starter (i forget ur name) i would party with you cause i dont givacrap bout you're class, but unfortunately, im on ps2 =P us people dont give a crap, we're not obsessed people who have to be PERFECT, the ps2/pc users dont give a crap about being the best, we just wann ahave fun.

DikkyRay
May 9, 2007, 07:00 PM

LOL you made my day

But as it was said before, party with friends