PDA

View Full Version : A moment to rest and watch

Banish
May 7, 2007, 05:19 PM
After having fun at the beach, I rested near a body of water near the steep stairs. A couple minutes later, a mother and a child (girl) about a 10 year old, and a 2 slightly big dogs, came towards to the stairs to leave.

Apparently, the mother and the child were carrying loads of equipment back up the stairs. Leaving the dogs unattended, for just a moment, the dogs leaped into the water, splashing and enjoying their play time. The girl laughted but the mother seemed cross, and scolded the girl for not holding onto the leash.

Then, as they were finally leaving, 1 of the dogs "slipped" out of the girl's hand, jumping and yapping into the water again. The mother was in a hurry as well, she kept on dropping equipment and calling the dog's name to come (I think it was Bradie). The girl pulled the leash, and the dog refused; defiantly bounding back to the water. This kept on for about 2 minutes, and the mother was unhappy and looked very embarrassed. Then, suddenly, the mother shouted very loudly: "You are such a fucking wimp! Hurry the fuck up!" to the girl, who was tried to pull the beast back up.

The angry mother then yanked the defiant dog by the neck (with the collar), and grabbed the girl by the hand and up the stairs they went. The poor creature was then "dropped" and dragged up the stairs, barking and making quite a scene. Which of course, I happened to notice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-05-07 15:21 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 7, 2007, 05:21 PM
She yelled that?
I use the F-bomb ALOT. But im 16 and know never ever say that in front of kids.
Hell i hate it when others use it in front of me.
Meh.... some parents do not know how to handle stress....

Mystil
May 7, 2007, 06:31 PM
I think the point of the post is that she berated her daughter and decided to take her anger out on the dog ala animal cruelty.

If I saw that because I hate all forms of domestic violence, I probably would have said something >_>.

DikkyRay
May 7, 2007, 06:40 PM
uh yanking a dog by the collar isnt animal cruelty.
Unless you are a PETA member. Plus there are far worse things in that post than yanking a dog by the collar

Mystil
May 7, 2007, 06:53 PM
"Dropping" the dog and dragging it upstairs.

Banish
May 7, 2007, 07:09 PM
She was in a hurry though...shouldn't have done that.

Kaydin
May 7, 2007, 07:26 PM
This is why some people should never be parents. Ever.

darthsaber9x9
May 8, 2007, 12:58 PM
Some extreme reactions by people here. It's easier said than done when it comes to parenting.

Mystil
May 8, 2007, 05:04 PM
It wasn't the daughters fault the dogs wanting to go for a swim lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-08 15:04 ]</font>

AlexCraig
May 8, 2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah. Y'know, Fujita, you should have said or done something. Teach the mom a lesson.