PDA

View Full Version : what is Operation Firebreak about?

youthisoverrated
May 7, 2007, 06:06 PM
ok, so i have read the forum posts about it, and i'm still pretty confused about what it is exactly. what will we get? what can we trade our ban-photons for? i feel so confused.

Eleina
May 7, 2007, 06:08 PM
Its all about mopping up fire seed

Mystil
May 7, 2007, 06:21 PM
Same thing you do in offline mode - just without craptastic NPCs.

ShadowDragon28
May 7, 2007, 07:25 PM
The Seed are abhorrant creatures and a mockery of true darkness, they shall be purified.

natewifi
May 7, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-05-07 17:25, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
The Seed are abhorrant creatures and a mockery of true darkness, they shall be purified.

whack >.>

ShadowDragon28
May 7, 2007, 07:30 PM
Pardon me for RP my character in a tounge-n-cheek manner. Chill dude.

Sychosis
May 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-05-07 17:30, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

Don't worry about nate, he's a killjoy.

McLaughlin
May 7, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'm going to assume you haven't played Offline.

Basically, in addition to your Goggles, a Photon Eraser will be required throughout the event (it cannot be removed from your inventory). When you run into the SEED...Blumes? (Can't remember their names, but you'll know them when you see them), you need to equip your Goggles and find the little...thingers (again, the names escape me). Then run over and use your Photon Eraser on them. Once you deafeat them all, the Blume will drop its shield, and you'll be able to finish it off.

The more of those, and regular enemies we "purify" the better the reward at the end of the event. So, kill kill kill!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-05-07 17:39 ]</font>

VanHalen
May 7, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-05-07 17:35, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-05-07 17:30, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

Don't worry about nate, he's a killjoy.

I'd use google translate like I do to anyone who attacks someone but, he only said one word so it wouldn't work.

Anyway yeah he's a party pooper http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

StanleyPain
May 7, 2007, 08:00 PM
I don't get what the event has to do with server totals and all that...can someone explain PLZ??

MSAksion
May 7, 2007, 08:04 PM
With this being online and team based it'll be even EASIER to clear out those SEED BLEUMES (SP?)

With a six person team, i could forsee splitting into TWO teams of three.

Team A:
Goggles - Hunter who's always up close ready to slash first will UN-Invisible the Bleueme when...
Eraser - Ranger behind Hunter midrange who'll start weakening shields for the Hunter and the...
Destroyer - Force in back who'll launch a HUGE DamBarta or Diga nuke as soon as the Ranger drops the shields then the Hunter can start SLASHING when the Diga finally Hits home ^_^

Team B: Already moving ahead to clear the surrounding enemies and moving ahead to the next Bleume Pod.

In the offline - honestly it was kinda annoying to have to Goggle the invisible things, then switch to the eraser, then switch back to weapons to kill. Esp since it was hard to get Karen and Hyuga to do ANYTHING if i were a Ranger or Force - the NPC don't do anything unless you're (a hunter and) up close and Personal >_>

Nobo
May 7, 2007, 08:05 PM
You all work together as a server to complete certain missions and get purification points which is you get enough they will give everyone 3* luck for a week.
Does anyone know if the rumors about the ban-photon sweep before the event is true or total BS? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Midicronica
May 7, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-05-07 18:05, Nobo wrote:
You all work together as a server to complete certain missions and get purification points which is you get enough they will give everyone 3* luck for a week.
Does anyone know if the rumors about the ban-photon sweep before the event is true or total BS? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

It's not true.

Sekani
May 8, 2007, 12:11 AM
It's basically this:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136075&forum=20&74

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 8, 2007, 12:14 AM
It's about a month long.

Cerberus1981
May 8, 2007, 12:20 AM
What do we need to do to get the Frying Pan?

That's pretty much all I'm interested in.

A2K
May 8, 2007, 01:02 AM
On 2007-05-07 22:20, Cerberus1981 wrote:

What do we need to do to get the Frying Pan?

That's pretty much all I'm interested in.

You need to complete all the available event missions at least once, I believe.

On 2007-05-07 18:04, MSAksion wrote:
With this being online and team based it'll be even EASIER to clear out those SEED BLEUMES (SP?)

In the event, not all zohma (the pod root things) are made equal.

Itsuki
May 8, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-05-07 23:02, A2K wrote:

On 2007-05-07 18:04, MSAksion wrote:

In the event, not all zohma (the pod root things) are made equal.

A2k is right, some of the zohma require 3 people just to zap. Sometimes its easier to split up. Sometimes its easier to have one person using goggles while the others zap. Its all a mix. Plus, you also have to realize that your little gun can run out if you try to purify to much. So having extra people there can speed things up.

chibiLegolas
May 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-05-07 23:33, Itsuki-chan wrote:
A2k is right, some of the zohma require 3 people just to zap. Sometimes its easier to split up. Sometimes its easier to have one person using goggles while the others zap. Its all a mix. Plus, you also have to realize that your little gun can run out if you try to purify to much. So having extra people there can speed things up.

The special gun runs out of PP as well?! (didn't even know it has PP)
That's just NOT right....
Afterall, the goggles doesn't run out of batteries...
:/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-05-08 10:31 ]</font>

Zarbolord
May 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
Lol? I thought u need 20 million purifying points for he pan...

Itsuki
May 8, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-05-08 10:31, chibiLegolas wrote:

No, it doesn't run out of PP exactly... it has a little meter. Lets say it takes 1/2 the meter over 5 seconds to zap a node and it takes 20 seconds to refill (fake numbers, but it'll give you the idea). There will be an average of like 6 of them. So, 1 person would take 1 person well over a minute to zap them all. But 2 people zapping the same node takes half the time. Or one can zap while the other one recharges or something like that.

The ones that requires 3 people, require 3 people to start the zapping process (then, if one person runs out or something, it'll still go. Unless they all run out, then it takes 3 to start again). Sometimes they won't all go to the same node (lightning speed has like 5 of these in the last room) at the same time, and you'll waste some of your meter trying to get one started. And I only mean having a 4th or 5th person as backup, can cut off needing to wait for someone to recharge. So depending on the group layout and the synchronization, its often more reliable to not split up.

In the end, its really a debate over whats faster and whats more reliably fast. Sure splitting up might be faster, but if someone isn't in synch with the team, everything goes down the tube.

chibiLegolas
May 8, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-05-08 11:01, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2007-05-08 10:31, chibiLegolas wrote:

No, it doesn't run out of PP exactly... it has a little meter. Lets say it takes 1/2 the meter over 5 seconds to zap a node and it takes 20 seconds to refill (fake numbers, but it'll give you the idea). There will be an average of like 6 of them. So, 1 person would take 1 person well over a minute to zap them all. But 2 people zapping the same node takes half the time. Or one can zap while the other one recharges or something like that.

The ones that requires 3 people, require 3 people to start the zapping process (then, if one person runs out or something, it'll still go. Unless they all run out, then it takes 3 to start again). Sometimes they won't all go to the same node (lightning speed has like 5 of these in the last room) at the same time, and you'll waste some of your meter trying to get one started. And I only mean having a 4th or 5th person as backup, can cut off needing to wait for someone to recharge. So depending on the group layout and the synchronization, its often more reliable to not split up.

In the end, its really a debate over whats faster and whats more reliably fast. Sure splitting up might be faster, but if someone isn't in synch with the team, everything goes down the tube.

Ok. Cool. Thanks for the info again Itsuki-chan. Informative as ever.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I thought we'd have go back to the lobby constantly or something for the recharge. Good to know we don't.
Man, the more I read about this, the more I'm excited to play!
Team work to put out fires? Count me in!
Burning Rangers, GO!
Strap a jet pack on me and I'm good to go!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-05-08 11:28 ]</font>

Akaimizu
May 8, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hmm. Looks like I may have to break out the Burning Rangers music for this. (That is, if ST doesn't sneak that in already).

Itsuki
May 8, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-05-08 11:31, Akaimizu wrote:
Hmm. Looks like I may have to break out the Burning Rangers music for this. (That is, if ST doesn't sneak that in already).

Its already the background music for it. Though if you're on 360, I'm unsure if they included it. (since they didn't have tricktrack for bruce's)

Rashiid
May 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
i just want the Photon Eraser, BZZPP!!

SirDeimos
May 8, 2007, 02:18 PM
I heard that they are gonna either wipe the ban photons OR add a new 4* photon just for the event so people will actually participate and not just rush through and buy up all the stuff at the shop with their photons, ALOT of people know that this is whats gonna happen thats why their selling their bans for like eh 1500-3000m. Shame on you people that bought all those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itsuki
May 8, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-05-08 12:18, SirDeimos wrote:
I heard that they are gonna either wipe the ban photons OR add a new 4* photon just for the event so people will actually participate and not just rush through and buy up all the stuff at the shop with their photons, ALOT of people know that this is whats gonna happen thats why their selling their bans for like eh 1500-3000m. Shame on you people that bought all those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The person or persons you heard this from are yanking your chain. Or just plain uninformed. Or you misundestood them. Take your pick.

TheLOLBandit
May 8, 2007, 02:36 PM
so what else do we get besides the luck for completing these missions

SirDeimos
May 8, 2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe, maybe not. We wont know untill the event happens I guess. I hope its true cause I think it would be humerous for all the people that spent all that money on fricking Photons and also it would level the playing field you know make the mission worth doing and all that. Whichever though it will still be fun

SirDeimos
May 8, 2007, 03:09 PM
Maybe, maybe not. We wont know untill the event happens I guess. I hope its true cause I think it would be humerous for all the people that spent all that money on fricking Photons and also it would level the playing field you know make the mission worth doing and all that. Whichever though it will still be fun