PDA

View Full Version : Classes, Characters, Races - I am at a loss.

Mystil
May 8, 2007, 08:33 AM
I cannot believe I'm ALLOWING this scenario to depress me so much.

Certain people(Ryuki in particular maybe) may have noticed my sig changes like every few days. Sometimes missing a character or 2, and sometimes all gone. Or :retired:, etc.

I'm in a situation that explains this:

I do not know what I want to be.

I like Guntecher, I like fortefighter, I like Fortetecher. But I can't be a good fortefighter with my human, so I made a beast. I get a craving to cause SE's so I go to Guntecher on my human. Other FT's usually don't support(excluding buffing cause I understand why) and my love for supporting drives to me to use my newman, who is only good at..FT.

Each character I use, I have strong urge to stop using it and next the character.

I have come up with a solution but I am not even sure if it's wise. That is to delete Zal and Eternia and keep Elathia, so if I have an urge - there no other character to go to. I've spent a ridiculous amount of meseta equipping(Guntecher really killed my wallet)these characters.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 8, 2007, 09:00 AM
Kinda makes you want to go back to PSO with its all decided from the first 2 minutes of character selection and creation, yeah?

Then again some people do double classes by using a switch back and forth and whatnot method.

Mystil
May 8, 2007, 09:03 AM
Yes it does. I had 2 characters but once I started up my FOne, I never went back to my hune ever again.

Scrub
May 9, 2007, 03:14 PM
This is my problem with pretty much any RPG game ever.

WoW? The highest I got to is like, 40 or so. I just decide to try out another character class, get bored of it, remake ANOTHER one, maybe switch servers and try the same class again on a different server, etc.

Pokeymans? Oh god my team changes on a whim. I have no high level pokemon, because I switch around my team and have been leveling a shitload of them about evenly, because I can't choose which 6 I like the best.

Dungeons and Dragons? Hell, I never care if one of my characters dies or anything, because that just gives me an opportunity to be able to make a new one. Hell, given the chance, I'll often have my character leave the group for whatever reason(not just random shit to be an asshole, I'll make it legitimate) for the same shit.

Does this upset me? Not in the least! I have just as much fun as everyone else, and I don't ever really care about being a HIGH LEVEL so it doesn't bother me.

Zorafim
May 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
If you don't know what to be, just be a human. They don't suck at anything, and I'll bet that you won't notice a huge gap between yourself and the best class. Besides that, just make a character you think looks cool, and just choose whichever job. It doesn't matter too much if you're gimped, since stats don't do too much anyway.

I myself, though, have never regretted picking cast fortefighter. Anything with gunner just doesn't appeal to me, and teching seems nice only if I got to melee as well (wartechers seem a bit gimped to me). Fortefighter I have fun with, since it's what I'm most familiar with.

Sychosis
May 9, 2007, 06:08 PM
DON'T delete your characters.

Most likely what will happen, is instead of feeling an urge to play another character, you'll instead find yourself regretting your decision to delete them. Then you'll remake them, and you'll be back to square one, but now with a boatload of lost time.

It happens to me all the time. PSO, Morrowind, Oblivion, NWN, KOTOR, Jade Empire. I always delete something and have second thoughts after the deed is done.

The main reason I don't do it in PSU is due to the flexibility of class switching, I know I could go to the Guardian's HQ any time I want and become anything I want. It's helped to temper my New Character Syndrome.

omegapirate2k
May 9, 2007, 06:13 PM
Meh, I may eventually max out every class on my main, just for the hell of it.

Dahilia
May 9, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-05-09 16:13, omegapirate2k wrote:
Meh, I may eventually max out every class on my main, just for the hell of it.

EphekZ
May 9, 2007, 06:39 PM
I have the same problem...well sorta.

My main was WT, but everytime I wanted to switch; I'd switch get bored after a week and go back to WT. I finally decided to stop and just keep going Wartecher.

like someone above mentioned: be human. they can do everything. I have only 1 character and I've played every single class with him and never felt like i was being gimped and what not. The only reason I kept going back to WT is becuase I like meleeing and I have this need to support.

SStrikerR
May 9, 2007, 07:06 PM
i hated that, and yeah, humans dont win in ANY kind of stats, but they are always decent.

Mystil
May 9, 2007, 07:32 PM
I'm starting to get a little more comfortable with Guntecher - I bought three crossbows and all the PA's, fortefighter aside, I've spent equal amount of money on GT, and my main character IS a human. I think my problem is I try to fill every role in a party. Notice: fF, GT, FT.

DD, Range Support, Full Support.

I have thought about Protranser but the list of usable weapons is really restricting.

I've had this problem in FFXI and took a long time before I found my place(RDM) after playing every job, even taken WHM to 70.

And Sychosis you are right.

Well since I keep spending money on GT, I will stick with that and just..try to resist urges.

Thanks for the replies!

Zorafim
May 9, 2007, 09:32 PM
Don't resist the urge, go with it. There are ten classes, there's no harm in capping them all besides time spent. You even get to keep your character level in doing so. Cap every job, find out which one you love the most, and level that one full time.

Micro
May 10, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-05-09 16:08, Sychosis wrote:

-nods in agreement-
I deleted my level 45 Beast because he was too tall, yea kind of stupid, I regret deleting him. D:
You have a Human, the race that can do any class and be fine with it. I play FF, fG, and GT on my Human, I never get any complaints about my damage output or my playing style.

Eleina
May 10, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-05-10 11:42, Micro wrote:

On 2007-05-09 16:08, Sychosis wrote:

-nods in agreement-
I deleted my level 45 Beast because he was too tall, yea kind of stupid, I regret deleting him. D:
You have a Human, the race that can do any class and be fine with it. I play FF, fG, and GT on my Human, I never get any complaints about my damage output or my playing style.

*complains at your weak damage output and playing style* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
Deleting caracters is fun as long as they aren't high level...

Kaydin
May 10, 2007, 01:55 PM
I deleted a level 40, a level 70, and a bunch of sub-20s. When I get back online I'm deleting 3 out of 4 of my chars (level 25, 17 and 3) to redo them.

No regrets. At all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Weeaboolits
May 10, 2007, 01:58 PM
Just make sure that you're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you won't regret it.