PDA

View Full Version : Somebody tell me I'm not a nutbar.

Allison_W
May 9, 2007, 01:02 AM
So I'm running Demons Above S tonight with a few friends. At the end of our first run, I cracked open a box and saw a flat red item floating above the ground.

So naturally, I grabbed it. We're on random distribution, however, so that didn't mean I got it, but the random distro nonetheless turned up my name. I was holding a Har / Quick.

Now, where things got hairy is that a friend of mine who's been playing the game a lot longer than I have has been looking for a Quick unit for some time. She was pretty bummed that one actually appeared and she didn't get it, natch, but she didn't ass me for it. It was mine fair and square. My main, being a big bad Fortefighter headed Protranser as a side job, didn't have a use for it, but I've got two alts who could certainly make use of it.

I considered all of these things--while I have alts that could use it, her main is an fT; she's been wasting more of her life on this game than I have; and she's also been fervently searching for a Quick unit. Next run, I call her back as the party goes on ahead and give it to her. (She seems pretty upbeat right now.)

Somebody tell me I did the right thing and that I'm not just a flipping lunatic for letting a Har / Quick get away from me like that.

Nia
May 9, 2007, 01:05 AM
FINDERS KEEPERS!

Sekani
May 9, 2007, 01:06 AM
Nope, you're not nuts. Friends hook each other up.

What would have been nuts is if the friend said she didn't want it because she didn't directly have a hand in finding it, and you got left holding a semi-useless rare item.

Not that anything like that actually happened though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PMB960
May 9, 2007, 01:11 AM
Honestly I would do the same thing. Hell I would give away a Halarod board to someone else because I simply cannot afford the materials for it. I have given away lots of equipment to other people who would rather have it or if I just plain couldn't use it. I have given away 9* weapons that dropped several times since I already had them.

Chuck_Norris
May 9, 2007, 01:12 AM
yeah that was a really nice thing to do for your friend, good job!

Siertes
May 9, 2007, 01:18 AM
The only thing worse than a favor involving money is a favor involving A rank units in PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It was a nice thing you did. This game doesn't do enough to reward the dedicated.

Freshellent
May 9, 2007, 01:20 AM
Hardly. Actually that was pretty nice of you to do so. That person was in the same run as you,it's not unusual to pass on a rare if it's not something you need. What use could a FF have for that?

You did a good thing. Don't feel bad.

Allison_W
May 9, 2007, 01:23 AM
On 2007-05-08 23:06, Sekani wrote:

What would have been nuts is if the friend said she didn't want it because she didn't directly have a hand in finding it, and you got left holding a semi-useless rare item.

Not that anything like that actually happened though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Actually, she's in the group. She was there when it dropped and when the roulette said "TERRA GETS IT"

Sychosis
May 9, 2007, 01:34 AM
On 2007-05-08 23:06, Sekani wrote:

Like I said, I can't stand freebies. The best Christmas I ever had was two years ago, when I got nothing.

Mayu
May 9, 2007, 01:34 AM
nope http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 9, 2007, 02:01 AM
You did exactly what you should have done in such a situation, nothing nutty about it.

Tra
May 9, 2007, 02:07 AM
thanks Allison http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
May 9, 2007, 02:07 AM
That's how you increase your bonds with your friends. If that friend ever turns his back on you for one second, then you have done a mistake. It's all about the "You scratch my back, I scratch yours" policy. Only people who would give away something so rare to one another would consider one another true friends in this game. Eventually, if he finds something that you've been searching for then he should give it to you... That's my opinion at least.

... I've had someone who I thought was a great friend. I've gave him everything even spent more time with him away from my team and spending 99 mill and much more just for him. Eventually I got screwed over.

Just make sure that you two are really close ;D because losing touch with one another would really put that unit to waste o..O;

AweOfShe
May 9, 2007, 02:09 AM
I think what you did was totally fine. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Siertes
May 9, 2007, 02:17 AM
Tra just said thanks...you didn't give it to him did you?

I've changed my mind. You made a big mistake! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
May 9, 2007, 02:21 AM
The definition of "friend" can get fuzzy at times. Is this someone you spend alot of time with? Or is this someone you've only seen a few times?
If the former, it was well worth your while to give this to her. It's a unit you have no use for, and trading can get difficult. However, this is a unit she can use as it is. Chances are, if she gets something she doesn't need and you do, she'll give it to you less hesitantly now.
If the latter, it's hardly worth your time. If you hardly ever see her, then she isn't any different than the next person. If you give away every good thing you own just to be nice, you'll be left with nothing yourself. You may get a good reputation, but you're just as likely to get leechers.

buzyb77
May 9, 2007, 03:19 AM
I give my Friends High lvl Items all the time and Vice versa.. As a FT I have no Use for a Rifle... go I give it to Friens...or Sell it if they hate it....

Sasamichan
May 9, 2007, 04:05 AM
On 2007-05-09 00:17, Siertes wrote:
Tra just said thanks...you didn't give it to him did you?

I've changed my mind. You made a big mistake! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No, she didnt give it to Cherry. He wasnt even in that run.

Sinue_v2
May 9, 2007, 04:46 AM
You did exactly what you should have done in such a situation, nothing nutty about it.

Seconded. That's the attitude PSU SHOULD be played with, and one that's all too rare in the broad spectrum of the playerbase.

Ravennittes
May 9, 2007, 05:01 AM
What goes around comes around (usually doubled). So with that logic, be nice as hell and you'll get something good down the road. Maybe it's just they they'll be more willing to buy things out of your shop even though it's slightly higher than someone else's.

Ravennittes
May 9, 2007, 05:02 AM
What goes around comes around (usually doubled). So with that logic, be nice as hell and you'll get something good down the road. Maybe it's just they they'll be more willing to buy things out of your shop even though it's slightly higher than someone else's.

Ravennittes
May 9, 2007, 05:03 AM

February
May 9, 2007, 05:06 AM
I agree, I've had people give me rares when they've dropped, and I've returned the favor. (Har/Quick is one of the ones I gave away, actually.) I probably never would have got a crea doubles if a Fortetecher friend of mine didn't get the drop. I was so close to giving up on that, it was a great surprise.

Ash1ey
May 9, 2007, 05:52 AM
I would have done the same thing too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 07:14 AM
Nice you did a cool thing for your friend!!!
I wouldn't have done the same mainly because i am one of those ppl wasting their lives on Har quick hunting >> (i am still waiting for some fucking results v_v)
In no way i would call you a nut case

amtalx
May 9, 2007, 07:55 AM
What else are friends for?

Xtian913
May 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
You did a really great thing, you should feel proud you're not money hungry and instantly thought of how many millions you could have gotten for it.

If you and your friend are really close, you can always ask to borrow it should you ever make a Force character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Allison_W
May 9, 2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the support. Despite my fears, I did not wake up all "OMG I ACTUALLY LET A HAR / QUICK GO I AM AN IDIOT." Rather, I'm feeling more, "Y'know, if I was hunting with some Forces and we found a Giga / Skill Save and one of the Forces got it, I'd sure hope they'd let me have it."

Incidentally, no, this friend was not Cherry... just a good friend of Cherry's. We hunt together a good amount. Not exactly a "we've known each other for years" deal, but that doesn't change the fact that she's the one who's been fervently hunting it for who knows how long whereas I only have use for it on an alt. Again, the hypothetical situation with the Skill Save. She earned it; that the random distribution gave it to me instead of her might have been "fair," but it wasn't really just. She ran that run and was in the party that found it just like I was; as far as I'm concerned, it's rightfully hers.

So, yeah, after sleeping on it, I'm satisfied that I did what I should have. Might not get me a Get Out of Hell Free card (even if it did, I'd probably need a full deck of those by now), but at least I can tell myself I didn't do the wrong thing.

I'm sure that'll be comforting when the day comes where I've been hunting a Har / Quick for a month and it still won't drop.

doubleEXP
May 9, 2007, 08:35 AM
Good karma for you, Allison_W.

I don't play PSU any more, but I played a TON of PSO over the years. My main in GC PSO was a Redria RAmarl. Once she had her first God/Battle I gave away the other two that dropped, to combat-oriented teammates who really needed one. Like you I was tempted to keep them for my alt's (who would have definitely used them) but I decided to give them away, for similar reasons as you.

I never regretted it. Games come to an end, but our memories of what we did in those days endure.

Kimil
May 9, 2007, 09:52 AM
Haha, I kina did the same thing. Except it was a Me/Quick, but this was back when I was lower level. I really don't know if Me/quick has a use for Wartechers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I wonder if I should have kept it now...

Reginaldo
May 9, 2007, 09:55 AM
Sounds like you have some regret about it to me, otherwise you wouldn't of made a topic about it.

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
On 2007-05-09 07:52, Kimil wrote:
Haha, I kina did the same thing. Except it was a Me/Quick, but this was back when I was lower level. I really don't know if Me/quick has a use for Wartechers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I wonder if I should have kept it now...

It has its use for WT....it will be even more useful come AoI

Kimil
May 9, 2007, 10:00 AM
Heh, Oh well... Too late now right? I've been camping at Eastrern Perril... Maybe I'll ind a Second one? Do they drop in EP S2 at all I wonder?

Arika
May 9, 2007, 10:04 AM
that is good thing to do, and u got friendship in return!
In my case, I have 1 good friend that he help me hunt har/quick for so many runs even I dont know him before, and then we really got it in the 6th (or 7 th) day of hunting. he just stand and wait me to pick it. I m very thankful to him, and then we become a really good friends as a partner who go hunt everything together. in fact, I secretly try to find everything that he want for him, I gave him solid/power and many good % weapon that I made.

CyarVictor
May 9, 2007, 10:44 AM
It's always good to help out a friend. I mean, if you don't need it and a friend could utilize it, go for it. There's too many people even among clans who are just too greedy. I'm not saying about the current economy wise, but where you enter a party saying everyone will get a share, only to have one guy run off with the item or get booted when a rare run happens. I say you did a good thing to the OP.

Weeaboolits
May 9, 2007, 11:29 AM
You are not a nutbar.

omegapirate2k
May 9, 2007, 11:30 AM
Yes indeed, you see our group has a "List of need" for certain items, basically the person who needs it most gets it if it drops, then the next person. It's quite useful.

And I'd better be the first person to get the twin headed ragnus board when it comes out, because if I'm not...

*shakes fist*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-05-09 09:31 ]</font>

Siertes
May 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-05-09 02:05, Sasamichan wrote:

No, she didnt give it to Cherry. He wasnt even in that run.

Phew, had me going for a while. Still like to know whom the God of Rares has blessed...

I also hear some people mentioning karma...hahaha!

CyarVictor
May 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
If anyone says that you shouldn't have given it to a friend for free, then you'll know they are jealous and/or a greedy turd. To OmegaPirate2k, I thought you wanted a cheese grater from Maylee?

omegapirate2k
May 9, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-05-09 09:33, CyarVictor wrote:
To OmegaPirate2k, I thought you wanted a cheese grater from Maylee?

>.<

chibiLegolas
May 9, 2007, 11:51 AM
You did the decent thing on your part.
Good job!
Or if anything, you can always ask to borrow it back whenever you decide to play your alt.
Hopefully, if your friend finds a rare useful for a FF, he/she'll pass it onto you to be fair.
Afterall, your friend plays way more than you, right? Something's bound to be found for a FF.

Kaydin
May 9, 2007, 11:59 AM
I gave my friend a Ganna Line board. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I do it all the time.

Sekani
May 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-05-09 09:36, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-05-09 09:33, CyarVictor wrote:
To OmegaPirate2k, I thought you wanted a cheese grater from Maylee?

>.<

The internet forgets nothing, lol. But yeah, hopefully if someone here gets lucky and stumbles across a Crea Doubles board they won't forget about me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sadly, that's the only rare item for the near future that I want at all.

Siertes
May 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-05-09 09:59, Kaydin wrote:
I gave my friend a Ganna Line board. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I do it all the time.

Does any of that goodness ever come back to you? Certainly doesn't pour moi...I'm going to stop being nice soon.

Mutt12
May 9, 2007, 12:33 PM
You did a nice thing for your friend. I mean rare items come and go. What's more important?

If anything, you just scored yourself some good karma.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mutt12 on 2007-05-09 10:34 ]</font>

Sasamichan
May 9, 2007, 12:40 PM
I just wanna say thank you allison. You're deed will not go unrewarded.

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
Onma needs to be nicer with me >< to many threads of ppl getting har quick...v_v
More threads of endless Kerseline + cyral please!!!

Galvin
May 9, 2007, 01:32 PM
you did the right thing...i would have done the same thing.

JAFO22000
May 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-05-09 10:53, Eleina wrote:
Onma needs to be nicer with me >< to many threads of ppl getting har quick...v_v
More threads of endless Kerseline + cyral please!!!

I've renamed Onmagoug "Cheap Stingy Bastard". I've done multiple CSB runs since the EP S2 mission has come out and I've seen NOTHING good drop from a boss box yet. I guess the best thing would be a roksari board....yeah, that bad. Best rare I get from him on average is a neu ebon. I've got kerseline and cyral coming out of my ass! It's so bad, a friend that is nice enough to run this mission with me has a shortcut regarding cyral....

Please CSB, if you just drop me what I want I promise to leave you and your nest alone.

Kaydin
May 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-05-09 10:23, Siertes wrote:

On 2007-05-09 09:59, Kaydin wrote:

I do it all the time.Does any of that goodness ever come back to you? Certainly doesn't pour moi...I'm going to stop being nice soon.Not always, but I still do it. ;D

princejake2
May 9, 2007, 02:21 PM
You did the right thing. I would do the same for my friends, and I would expect the same from them. (Except my three IRL friends... they told me to my face that if they found a Crea Doubles board they would sell it... bastards.)

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-05-09 12:21, princejake2 wrote:
You did the right thing. I would do the same for my friends, and I would expect the same from them. (Except my three IRL friends... they told me to my face that if they found a Crea Doubles board they would sell it... bastards.)

o.0 Thats very amusing!!!

Midicronica
May 9, 2007, 02:32 PM
You are a nutbar! You're crazy! A har/quick?! If I would have got it, I would have kept it! Crazy, unselfish people these days. God.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Yeah, we totally kinda gave Sychosis a har/quick. He just wouldn't accept it as a gift, so we had to make him a deal. What a Buttface.

VanHalen
May 9, 2007, 02:40 PM
You did what I would have done in that situation. I got a Gi/Magic from a Eastern Peril run and a fT wanted it really bad so I just gave it to them.

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-05-09 12:40, VanHalen wrote:
You did what I would have done in that situation. I got a Gi/Magic from a Eastern Peril run and a fT wanted it really bad so I just gave it to them.

Dunno why a fT would want a Gi/Magic lol...
Anyways don't doubt your choice alot of ppl i know would do the same for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

_DooM_
May 9, 2007, 02:56 PM
GIB ME RARZ NOW

VanHalen
May 9, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-05-09 12:54, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-09 12:40, VanHalen wrote:

Dunno why a fT would want a Gi/Magic lol...
Anyways don't doubt your choice alot of ppl i know would do the same for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

She said she wanted it. What the heck does it do? I didn't get a chance to read the description. Does it slow your cast speed down?

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 03:04 PM
+40 Tp (good for a ft) +20 Mst (we don't really need this)
A sta/force(store bought c rank unit) +60 tp is better for me

VanHalen
May 9, 2007, 03:07 PM
Hmm. Well I guess it's ok since it has the MST boost to go with it. Though that 60tp is tempting too.

Kent
May 9, 2007, 03:08 PM
Nutbar? Sure you are.

Just now with 50% less nut-based products.

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-05-09 13:07, VanHalen wrote:
Hmm. Well I guess it's ok since it has the MST boost to go with it. Though that 60tp is tempting too.

But us fT are overloaded in MST anyways might as well spend 6000 for the c unit and sell the Gi/magic off to some idiot (i sold mine for 20mil ok this is on PC/Ps2 but the guy offered me that price i wasn't gonna refuse was i?)

VanHalen
May 9, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-05-09 13:14, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-09 13:07, VanHalen wrote:

But us fT are overloaded in MST anyways might as well spend 6000 for the c unit and sell the Gi/magic off to some idiot (i sold mine for 20mil ok this is on PC/Ps2 but the guy offered me that price i wasn't gonna refuse was i?)

I'm on PC/PS2 too XD.

Guess not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif . I mean that's like retirement money. I'd be happy if I had that kind of money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eleina
May 9, 2007, 03:20 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (i know your on PC/Ps2 looks at your team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

Sychosis
May 9, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-05-09 12:32, Shadow_Moses wrote:

Yeah, we totally kinda gave Sychosis a har/quick. He just wouldn't accept it as a gift, so we had to make him a deal. What a Buttface.

no u

PMB960
May 9, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-05-09 10:23, Siertes wrote:

Does any of that goodness ever come back to you? Certainly doesn't pour moi...I'm going to stop being nice soon.

hehe I gave someone a 9* weapon that dropped since I had bought one the day before and had no use for a second one. The next day playing with different people we found Jaggos and Del gave me the Jao Delma since I only needed 1 more (the deco worked) and an 8* spear. So I would say yes goodness does come back to you.

Dragwind
May 9, 2007, 03:57 PM
That was indeed very nice of you. I'd totally do the same thing for another GOOD friend of mine. Knowing your good friend wants something and you find it, and then just keeping it is selfish imho. It makes me glad to know that people like you are still around. Congrats ;D

LAMB1
May 9, 2007, 05:00 PM
fam first yo

Gryffin
May 9, 2007, 07:20 PM
They are be owing you a item of rareness that you likes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(get a degahna cannon for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

SolomonGrundy
May 9, 2007, 07:30 PM
I do 5-5 runs a day with this fortetecher on eastern peril S searching for a Me / Quick FOR HIM. That is, we leave the rare drop normal, and I jsut assume let him have it, though I have a Wartecker who might be interested in using it.

I'd regularly give friends good items as well. No questions asked. Sometimes a particular friend is searchign for something, kubara wood, or something like it, and if we find any - boom, goes to him.

Set in order is broken anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-05-09 18:25 ]</font>

Tita
May 9, 2007, 07:35 PM
hell, i'm trying to level up a bit more so i can hunt for a Hard Power Charge for my friend while he's on hiatus because i know he'd do the same for me. in the meantime, its Solid Power S hunts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sucks not having him around when i KNOW we can two man these missions 10x faster together and get our gear faster too. this game is nothing without friends.

Sasamichan
May 9, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-05-09 17:30, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Set in order is broken anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Its not broken. People tend to not pick up some items, which whoever that person that item was intended didnt get it.

ThEoRy
May 9, 2007, 07:43 PM
Let's see what the zack attack has to say about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvk9wm3qsD0

nuff said.

Kabuto
May 9, 2007, 07:45 PM
That was very kind of you, We all know how can this game sometimes be for some people >.> I never though i would get something good in return but i always helped my friends XD like one of mine who said that he wont accept anything else from my due to all the stuff i gave him XD(very good friend of mine XD)
I had lost all hope on finding the Har/Quick(lost count on how many times i killed onma... T.T) But thanks to my friends i got it (one of them actually receive it and played a prank on me >.<) but he gave it to me after the run >.>