PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you met another person with your name?

Sha Sha
May 9, 2007, 08:48 PM
I met myself today. Well someone with the same name as I. On PSU...Ever since my oldie days on PSO i have used the name Marron for my Main character which was a Fomar. I also NEVER saw another Marron Male or Female in PSO-GC.
WEll today I ran into another Marron. Well my marron is a beast fighgunner character with long purple hair. This marron was a human fortetecher character...with shirt purple hair, excate SHADE OF PURPLE...
it was just strange meting this person.
the only thing i had agasint him was i played longer then him and had a level 185 fomar before the end of PSO xD
Have any of you met another person with your name? (that wasnt planned?)
excuse the typos/spelling and gammar, im sick xD

--
Mode edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-09 20:19 ]</font>

Kabuto
May 9, 2007, 08:53 PM
Actually has happen with all of my characters XD except my main and i think my lowest character XD i was like O_O odd >.> and they were the same class as me... strange...

PALRAPPYS
May 9, 2007, 08:54 PM
Never happened to me. Look at my character's names. They're all weird. Bet'cha never seen a Lan Katana other than me before. O.o

Kaydin
May 9, 2007, 08:58 PM
I gotta say, Marron is an awesome name. I like it. Kudos to you. ;D

I looked it up, a Marron is a European chestnut. Just in case you didn't know.

Dhylec
May 9, 2007, 08:59 PM
I believe I was mistaken by some people as someone they know once.

_Wolf_
May 9, 2007, 09:00 PM
yeah unfortunatly i have the same name as a lot of people "Wolf" it is a great name but not when you meet your counterpart which beleive me this has happened he will scam people and then say that i did it even though he is blacklisted it is still a hassle i have to explain to people i am shorter, different #, and a force then they will beleive me and say sorry

Kabuto
May 9, 2007, 09:06 PM
I have been confuse so many times specually with Luna... never though it was that common name when i made her >.>

Siertes
May 9, 2007, 09:11 PM
Nothing like somebody with the same name and similar look to make you feel less special http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I've never met another Siertes online anywhere. Seen a Sieryuu and Sierheit though. Very annoying when other players are talking to someone and only say "Sier". Always confused who they're referring to.

Garanz-Baranz
My character is Kitty Arika, and is my main, as sence the start of PSOGC.

Now on PSU, on moatoob while Kitty Arika was Lv14, I met another Arika in the dark-blue Yorokatabra Armor set, with red hair, and was Lv46-8...

And now I see that same person is on this forum...

Woohaha for me...

Jakosifer
Never seen another Jakomay on any online game Ive played, and it had better stay that way too. >=/

Candor
May 9, 2007, 09:23 PM
Only with my alt Sophia (sig), and that's a common name; though i bet I'm the only on using it as the latin word.

Zorafim
May 9, 2007, 09:29 PM
I've met a Levi before, but that isn't too uncommon of a name. As for having my exact name, that only happened with a PM. A PM named Levia.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 9, 2007, 09:58 PM
On 2007-05-09 19:23, Candor wrote:
Only with my alt Sophia (sig), and that's a common name; though i bet I'm the only on using it as the latin word.

MISSION FAILED.

The word is Greek in origin, not Latin. Latin may have ninja'd it from Greek, but it's still Greek.

Candor
May 9, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-05-09 19:58, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-05-09 19:23, Candor wrote:

MISSION FAILED.

The word is Greek in origin, not Latin. Latin may have ninja'd it from Greek, but it's still Greek.

*shrug* I don't claim to know anything about either language, i just use an online translator and take their word for it.

Kinfante
May 9, 2007, 10:34 PM
i have seen 4 Kajas running around, they look all th same, and they're annoying as hell.

MaximusLight
May 9, 2007, 10:41 PM
nope never happened yet

Dj_SkyEpic
May 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
My Alt Epic has been made over by a couple people XD but they can never reach my sexiness ;D

Micro
May 9, 2007, 10:46 PM
Pfft Dj, if I made an alt named Epic, his sexiness would make yours cry! ;D

Kinfante
May 9, 2007, 10:47 PM
On 2007-05-09 20:45, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
My Alt Epic has been made over by a couple people XD but they can never reach my sexiness ;D

You know of no sexiness!

What did I say!?

Sychosis
May 9, 2007, 10:47 PM
No. Never.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 9, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-05-09 20:46, Micro wrote:
Pfft Dj, if I made an alt named Epic, his sexiness would make yours cry! ;D
I dare you ><.

Micro
May 9, 2007, 11:06 PM
No open character slots or I'd show you up foo. ;D

Dj_SkyEpic
May 9, 2007, 11:09 PM
Big talk ;D but no go! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif-v

PMB960
May 9, 2007, 11:11 PM
As far as I know no one has a character named Billy since most people don't use their first name. I have seen people run around as Hulk but not as The Hulk and never as a big green Cast. I know someone on PSOBB has a character named Atalanta since I have had several people ask if I was the same person but I haven't seen anyone on PSU with that name. As for Ranulf I have seen several people with that name although none of the ones I saw were trying to be Ranulf from Fire Emblem:Path of Radiance look alikes. Lucky for me no one wants to make a look alike of any of my characters.

Trey_Winters
May 9, 2007, 11:11 PM
Not precisely, but once while I was re-stocking my shop, a guy named Trey came in. He just laughed, bought stuff, complimented me on my prices, and left. I believe he had a similar clothing style to me, but with different colurs.

Haven't seen him again, but I think I've been in his shop as well...

GreenArcher
May 9, 2007, 11:17 PM
As my main character Green Archer, no this has not happened.

But with an Alt, named Sir Kibbles (an enemy from Kirby games), the first day I used the character I ran into someone named Sir Kirby. We saw each other, both of us stopped, and there was about 15 seconds of silence.

"lol"
"lol"

Alamar
May 9, 2007, 11:21 PM
Well my name is Artemis And so far I have seen 5 with the same name

Freshellent
May 9, 2007, 11:22 PM
My names are usually unique,it's not often I find anyone with a name like the ones I choose. Victor and Null being the most recent exceptions.

However I did meet another Einhart,It was a last name but none the less a Einhart. She was using it as a last name. I remember people mailing me left and right saying "Someone stole your name!" I later found it that wasn't the case,the person was actually very nice.

This is the first time on a game where I came across such a thing. I must admit I was pretty worried I had an imatator,but really it was just a coincidence.

(Who the hell would want to be like me anyway?)

Akira_R
May 9, 2007, 11:44 PM
My main's name is Akira, which isn't extremely rare(I've found another person's shop who had the same name), but I haven't actually seen them face to face. And they probably are naming their character after a different Akira.

My alt is named Kagemusha and my main's PM is Yoidore Tenshi. Now if anyone guesses who I named my main after, you get a cookie. If you google it, no cookie for you.

Tita
May 9, 2007, 11:53 PM
KOS-MOS

lol.

Slace2k3
May 9, 2007, 11:54 PM
yet to see anyone named mako on psu (have in pso), and yet to see anyone to ever use slace.

Scion
May 10, 2007, 12:04 AM
There's so many Hikarus...But no one is as sexy as me.

I'm friends with another Hikaru though. He was a Female Newman Fortegunner/techer. OH MAN!!! Partying together was so confusing. Especially when we join teams one right after another.

Hikaru
has joined the party

Hikaru
has joined the party

Or, in this situation

Hikaru
Received: Mot Ebon 8*

We'd be like

Hikaru: WHO GOT IT!?!?!?!?!?
Hikaru: Wait, lemme check! Oh, boo...I didn't get it!
Hikaru: Sweet! I got it!

He doesn't play anymore though. It's saddening really. I miss being called "Fake Hikaru" lol.

Nai_Calus
May 10, 2007, 12:05 AM
Not on PSU, no. Even though 'Elly' is a real name, it's not that commonly used, Nai is made-up and Áedán, while a real name, isn't exactly commonly used around here either.

Used to happen on PSO, though. My main was a FOmar named Zero. Lots of Zeros running around. Even saw another FOmar with the name once.

Scion
May 10, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-05-09 20:45, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Oh, and...yeah, they may never be as sexy as Epic...But Epic has NOTHING on Lucio. He's way sexier. Tall, dark, and handsome. Can't go wrong there, RIGHT LADIES?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

[Edit]: Oh, and to stay on topic...I haven't really met any other person with my beast's name, so I'm happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-05-09 22:13 ]</font>

Kimil
May 10, 2007, 12:12 AM
There are only 3 Chiyo's on the PS2/PC servers (who have shops lol)

I'm the only Chiyoko Ryokunai, yay for long names http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mio
May 10, 2007, 12:17 AM
yes one day I've meet this female newman Noa on parum..

February
May 10, 2007, 12:51 AM
Nope, but I have had people often tell me my name sucks, because their birthday is in a different month.

Shiryuu
May 10, 2007, 12:55 AM
Not for my two main characters. I've seen clones for my alts though.

RadiantLegend
May 10, 2007, 12:59 AM
There can be only one

LegendAim/RadiantAim/LordAim

Tra
May 10, 2007, 01:00 AM
sucks for them if anybody had my name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Valius
May 10, 2007, 01:00 AM
Not on PSU, but I checked google and it's been used by some people on other games. Somebody had it when I tryed WoW, which wasn't so bad seeing as I got bored of that game after about a week.

omegapirate2k
May 10, 2007, 01:12 AM
Not yet, but I know somebody who's "Omegapirate" on 360, and when I see him, he's going to get his ass beat...

With lobby anims.

Midicronica
May 10, 2007, 01:16 AM
I've seen a few Macross', but no other Macross Lukanders. Definitely haven't seen any Lamora Miraca's or Etherelda's.

FUFME
May 10, 2007, 01:43 AM
All of my names are unique. Only person with a close name is Feckme.

Not sure who came first but we are both LV80

February
May 10, 2007, 01:50 AM
Now that I think about it, I think I Ran in to another Kara once (Kara's my FO alt)

SarinSerafi
May 10, 2007, 03:14 AM
Nope, no one else has my name on PSU. There are similar looking names, like Saria and Karin, but that's it. I've also seen female beasts who look similar to me, but it only goes as far as the same ears, hair color and style.

I've seen a Seven in some JP AoI screenshots, but none on the US Servers. And I doubt anyone would take Chaotist Cherry, since that's unique and it's actually been my online alias for three years. I only adopted Sarin when I started playing PSU.

Sarin (or Sarin Serafi) my main alias now, though I still have old friends who call me Cherry. lol Thank goodness they don't know you, 'Tra', else they'd get confused. XD I actually ask people to call me Sarin if I remember, since it's what I'd prefer to be known as.

KamiSori
May 10, 2007, 04:26 AM
i once saw another guy named dante/cloud/kos mos/sephiroth/alucard and i was soo suprised! lol JK

i am the original Bullettooth and as far as I know the only Locke on 360 servers. i hope nobody steals my characters identities or i will be dropkicking them in the nutz. XD

CherryLunar
May 10, 2007, 05:34 AM
On 2007-05-09 23:00, Tra wrote:
sucks for them if anybody had my name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm often times mistaken for you. People often times run up to me and check my inventory and such. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DikkyRay
May 10, 2007, 05:38 AM
No one is stupid enought to have "DikkyRay" As their main or else they'll be totally "gar fer men"
As for Cain, im surprised there havent been.

Eleina
May 10, 2007, 06:14 AM
Never seen any Eleinas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (saw a alaina which i almost thought was another eleina when running past the person) and thats good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mystil
May 10, 2007, 07:53 AM
I've been told there is a Za'leshea roaming around the 360 version.

AweOfShe
May 10, 2007, 07:59 AM
I haven't exactly met another "Rain". I have met Sexy Raine, and a Raine. I did check shops by name before though, and got a long-ass list of "Rain"s. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I also met a Fifth, whom was a male ForteTecher Cast. Partied with him a few times. Cool guy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I have yet to run into another Aria.

And as for Shannon, I met a female one. Mine is male. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
May 10, 2007, 08:07 AM
I've met a person named Shiro, and another person named White Dragon. Thats the closest I've come to someone naming theirselves with the same name as me.

Mewnie
May 10, 2007, 08:07 AM
I hear there is some femCast imposter running about ;3

Nothing can be as great and powerful as a Beast like me though :3

Dragon_Knight
May 10, 2007, 08:09 AM
I've seen a Sara before, spanish CAST fortegunner, but other then a few dirivatives like Sarah I haven't seen to many like named people. Dragon Knight I expected to see more of but haven't, Virus Alert (with all is HTML characters) I haven't seen either. Sally Rulandin....nope again. But the names damn specific too.

Neith
May 10, 2007, 09:25 AM
There used to be another Uriko on PC/PS2, but they either closed their shop, or don't have that character anymore.

Again, I've seen a Neith, but no Neith v3.5. Hardly surprising.

As for Arienal, no, haven't seen anything even close. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Reminds me of PSOGC though, when I used the name Uriko. Must've seen 3-4 other Urikos, Uniko, Ruriko, the list goes on XD

amtalx
May 10, 2007, 09:25 AM
I've never seen anyone with my name before. And if I ever do...well that's crap it was mine first. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
May 10, 2007, 09:28 AM
Nope. Both of my characters have completely unique names and unique looks. Considering that I made them up myself, and didn't grab them off of inspiration from another work; I'd be really surprised if I did.

In PSO, I was the one and only Wicksomnae, and my second was the one and only Fioshani. I'll probably keep with that idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-10 07:28 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
May 10, 2007, 10:19 AM
I've meet a Kaneda (I intentionally changed the E to an I) and i've meet a Viviana and of course Wrens are very popular in Phantasy Star games.

CyarVictor
May 10, 2007, 10:21 AM
Not on here. I have seen my name used on another game though >.<

Fyrin
May 10, 2007, 10:27 AM
I think I've seen a Miyuki around. . but not a Miyuko. Fyrin is quite a unique name so I dun think ive find others wif it. Reiko however. . . @.@

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fyrin on 2007-05-10 08:31 ]</font>

e_Tard
May 10, 2007, 10:27 AM
I'm definitely the only e Tard on the 360 servers. I used to have a friend "R Tard", who I met randomly one day in a lobby, but sadly he quit awhile ago.

I've come across one other Satori, but my number is lower so I win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I always see a Natori around Labs too.

omegapirate2k
May 10, 2007, 10:28 AM
On 2007-05-10 08:27, e_Tard wrote:
I'm definitely the only e Tard on the 360 servers. I used to have a friend "R Tard", who I met randomly one day in a lobby, but sadly he quit awhile ago.

Only because he's an R-Tard

Sha Sha
May 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
I have seen an alternate spelling of one of my extra mode characters Alrainya hey had it spelt Alreania or something close like that
im sure my alts wouldnt be taken
Tassja- my real nickname in real life
Shagami- my oringal character's name, also my name on countless other fourms
Roxel Xenova- Roxas+Axel= Roxel xD xenova i sntached from my boyfriend XD

MaximusLight
May 10, 2007, 11:25 AM
*does the unique name dance*

Feelmirath
May 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
There is/was another Rath about. D:

ashley50
May 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
so far I've seen about 4-5 players with the same "Raiden" name as me....one of them is my firend though but not exactly the same name but the Word "Raiden" is there =p

Alkaar
May 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
I know that I'm the only Alkaar on the 360 servers. Although I did run across a CAST that looked almost exactly like me.

Rust
May 10, 2007, 12:05 PM
Seen some "Kaori"s during january / february on PC/PS2 but none had a capital first letter. Indeed, mine stabs far better than they do.
As for Claudia and Kendal, seen no one yet, though i'd have expected to see one or two Claudia as it is a not so uncommon name.
As for Rust... Who would want to be named like that ?

Note : I ran into several Spectrum and Razgriz, what with those names ?

ThEoRy
May 10, 2007, 12:41 PM
no

Pentence
May 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
Nope my names are usualy thought up by me self http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.I have a natural linguistic talent so pulling random syllables that not only dont adhere to languages but also help describe the character is fun and usualy easy.This keeps people from copying my names since most of them mean nothing.

I rearely use just any old names to avoid similarly named chars unless i realy just dont care about said char.

Micro
May 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-05-10 10:05, Rust wrote:
Seen some "Kaori"s during january / february on PC/PS2 but none had a capital first letter. Indeed, mine stabs far better than they do.
As for Claudia and Kendal, seen no one yet, though i'd have expected to see one or two Claudia as it is a not so uncommon name.
As for Rust... Who would want to be named like that ?

Note : I ran into several Spectrum and Razgriz, what with those names ?

Several Spectrum's? o.O
My Female Newman is named Spectrum, haven't ran into any other ones.
Haven't seen another Delsaber which is kind of suprising. lol
As for my Beast, Sarai, I've seen a Saria, yet to see another Sarai.
Striker Zero, haven't seen exact name, but several Striker based names. XD

Paramedic
May 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
I haven't seen any other Paramedics. And if I do... Well, I'm not gonna like it.

-Ryuki-
May 10, 2007, 01:01 PM
I've seen a "mitsunari" roaming around, but that's it. He shares my last name XD

chibiLegolas
May 10, 2007, 01:15 PM
Naw. Not me. I maticulously plan my names to be pretty unique to begin with. And unique enough that ppl would reconize me across platforms. They gotta be names I'd love as well.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sexy_Raine
May 10, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-05-10 05:59, AweOfShe wrote:
I haven't exactly met another "Rain". I have met Sexy Raine, and a Raine. I did check shops by name before though, and got a long-ass list of "Rain"s. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know right? LOL! If I do see someone with my name, they will comment on the "Sexy" title. I remain the only person online with "Sexy" in their name, though my full name is Raine Ranisa.

Da ANA, no one has his name, and believe me, they should be glad they don't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

There has been a few Novas, but my servant has a last name so its all good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-05-10 15:42 ]</font>

Para
May 10, 2007, 01:27 PM
Met a few Ayanes...

malice_nyc
May 10, 2007, 01:29 PM
I have... I ran into another Newman named Malice... we joined the same party once, it was kind of funny. I just wish I had gotten her card.

Apparently it was also a popular name in PSO... I've been asked several times if I played PSO (I didn't), and know someone who played as Malice on the GC.

I think my alts are fairly unique, but thats because I stick to French for their names, rather than English or Japanese.

Ravennittes
May 10, 2007, 01:38 PM
As far as I know, the last people with my name quit playing about 3 months ago. So right now I don;t think there are any Auras still in the game aside from mine ^.^ .

Sekani
May 10, 2007, 01:44 PM
Put it like this... if you ever see my character name in ANY online game in the past, present, or future, you'll automatically know that it's me.

Reginaldo
May 10, 2007, 02:34 PM
I'm the only Reggie that I know of http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jinto117
May 10, 2007, 03:00 PM
Well I can certainly say that if your characters name is KOS-MOS then say hello to your 1,000 brothers and sisters.

spookeysmoker
May 10, 2007, 03:05 PM
My name is Sakura and i knwo about 12 and when we all play together i name the room sakura warz its pretty funny lol to see 6 sakuras running around fighting.

Aobikari
May 10, 2007, 03:09 PM
As far as I know 2 of my characters are the only ones with their names in the 360 serves, I tell you though it would cool to see another Neith walking around.

Mwabwetumba
May 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
Haven't met any Mwabwetumba's , Gretel's or Iosys's... so far, anyway!

SolomonGrundy
May 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
I would be more than shocked to meet another "Llama Smash"

epr18
May 10, 2007, 05:00 PM
so....many.....Shiros ><

DonRoyale
May 10, 2007, 05:10 PM
I've met about five different Shadows >.> (Damn RP restraints x_X)

Never met a Carpe Diem or a Basilisk, but I've strangely met a Hagane before. o.O

DikkyRay
May 10, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-05-10 09:51, ashley50 wrote:
so far I've seen about 4-5 players with the same "Raiden" name as me....one of them is my firend though but not exactly the same name but the Word "Raiden" is there =p

Luckily hes just known as VR to his friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

GuerillaPimp
May 10, 2007, 05:27 PM
nope. So far im the only 'Ongyoki' running around the 360 servers

Jeremiah
May 10, 2007, 05:27 PM
I've crossed paths with about three Ivy's. Beyond that I seem to be the only fan of Dante's Inferno. (And... Wild Arms 2 I suppose...)

ChocoboChad
May 10, 2007, 05:35 PM
Never met anyone named Chad. I guess people wouldn't think of naming their character Chad just because they thought there would be another Chad out there.

But I knew that no one would name their character Chad, just for this reason.

I have another character named Codi. Dunno if Cody counts, but my Codi is a female.

Yuh, I have another named Riane.
Riane=/=Raine

People call me Raine all the time...
Riane is pronounced "Ryan."
Riane's my Caseal.

Skids
May 10, 2007, 06:20 PM
For me on my main char Skids(male cast). The closes I found was a female beast name Skiddish. Other then that I been mainly unique with him except on tf message boards.

For my 2nd char my female human "Kiyone"(Char is base off the Tenchi Muyo Character Kiyone Makibi). I did fine one other Kiyone who is a human female as well. But she does it as the full name Kiyone Makibi. Design are pretty much identical, height, hair style, face design. But are hair colors are different shade of the blue green. Not surprise theirs anither Kiyoen user. Was expecting it but its not as bad as some of the other anime char names I could have used.

For My shopkepper MatrixFire(male newman) I haven't seen any other MatrixFire's around

Tita
May 10, 2007, 08:40 PM
i heard there was another clobbersaurus on the 360, but i'm not sure if that was just thier Xbox live handle.

but no one's got any of my names http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i feel sorry for all the uncreative anime nerds out there though :

Chaobo99
May 10, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yea infact, one of my really good friends happens to be my name and near my real name.

Titan
May 11, 2007, 01:24 AM
Xavier is a common name
Strawberry is unique so far as I've seen except for this one girl runnin around with the name Cherry >.>
Xena is a close one with Xenia and PrincessXena
Katy is just everywhere but spelled Katie

gambit04
May 11, 2007, 01:32 AM
no and if I meet someone with the name "Tarmikois Kilm" I will know they copied it directly from myself....

Criss
May 11, 2007, 02:51 AM
I have pretty strange and unique character names, so it's not surprising that I've never seen anyone with the same name. Sryche was cut out of the name of the band Queensrÿche (which pretty much means Queen of the Reich). It seems no one ever knows how to say "Sryche", but that's understanding considering the name doesn't really exist anywhere else and has weird spelling. Then my alt Liva Verendrye was taken from the local metal band named Liva, and Verendrye from Pierre Gaulthier de La Vérendrye, an important French Explorator in 1700. You can look up Verendrye on Wikipedia. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
May 11, 2007, 02:53 AM
I've never met him, but I hear there is at least one more Seiryu; only, as a Newm or a Human M. Sucks because the name is ugly on a male avatar. :/

Ash1ey
May 11, 2007, 03:01 AM
I've seen a few Ashleys, even another Cast named ashley (with a lower case), and a newman female named Ashley as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syl
May 11, 2007, 03:15 AM
Well, even though I have yet to meet one, there are three I know of (something sylvia, Silvia, and some other one). Funny thing is that they all appeared at about the same time lol.

I swear, if someone steals Sylvanos, I'll kill them with a shoe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Neoptolemus
May 11, 2007, 04:46 AM
Since I am a big, dumb nerd, I often use Latin/Greek names from mythology -- not the common ones, like Zeus or Athena. I'll usually pick some random name from whatever it is I am reading. I like the name that I have now (Neoptolemus), and highly doubt I will see another one by chance. Never know, though. Anyone know who Neoptolemus was? (No fair Googling or Wiki-ing it) It is fitting for my character, though I don't have red hair (I did when I started, though). My other's name is Circe (those fans of Homer should know who she is), and she is a Force, though I never use her.

In PSO, I used the name Hiro, which many people thought was in reference to some widly popular anime series, or something. I, however, was a fan of anime back in the day when you could literally watch EVERY anime released in the US in a single sitting. Back when our choices were Appleseed and Bubblegum Crisis and a few other VHS tapes in those white clamshell cases; back when the SEGA CD was cutting edge technology; back when anime and sushi were considered out of the norm. Now there is a whole aisle devoted to anime at most stores that sell videos, and sushi is sold at most grocery stores... I silently weep a bit... Where was I? Oh, right, Hiro was the name of the main character from the manga series and movie VENUS WARS, which was one of my faves (does it still exist now? anyone else know of it?). Hiro Seno, though in the English dubbed version, he was Ken Seno, which made me kinda angry. I mean, if you are going to Americanize his first name, why not his last and make Ken Smith, or Ken Johnson? Not to mention, why Americanize his first name in the first place?! But those were different times back then. You kids these days... oh never mind. I'll just sit in my rocking chair and watch life go by.

pikachief
May 11, 2007, 05:02 AM
I met 2 cast VOLTRONS and a HUMAN FEMALE VOLTRON! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and for Kitty I have seen like 10, and 2 other Trogdors.

That, and no one is Named PIKAmidget unless i give them permission, which has been about 10 people so far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skuda
May 11, 2007, 06:19 AM
This is about the closest I've ever seen.

Oddly, we looked similar too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/scottkuda/PSU%20shots/wtfclone.jpg

Suz
May 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
Well as for me the name "Suzaku" was common on alot of other MMO's I played.(Due to the fact that it's one of the four gods based on a Chinese*bad spelling*/Japanese folk tale, but no one pays attention to that. Anyone who's watched some anime assume it originated from Fushigi-Yuugi) So I added the "Lyzael" part to it just to make it unique. I forgot where or why I made it up, but it sounds semi serious and cool sounding at the same time, so it stuck. I've only seen one other "Suzaku" character and that's one of my alts. (Except for Garnet_Moon's PM named Suzaku, I don't think anyone else has that name on PSU.)

But on a side note... seeing everyone's unique names and saying they'll never get taken/no one will use them... compells me to make characters of the same name... just to laugh for about 2 minutes, then delete them. Unoriginality ftw.

Miyuki-chan
May 11, 2007, 11:23 AM
Nope, I havent seen anyone with the same names as any of my 4 characters, but then again i dont really pay attention to strangers.... aside from blacklisting/reporting people who make obscene gestures at me

Sylpheed
May 11, 2007, 12:00 PM
ive still to see my main's name taken by another charecter yet.

Sylpheed

Not exactly the most common name in the world.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2007-05-11 10:00 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
May 11, 2007, 12:20 PM
Apparently it was also a popular name in PSO... I've been asked several times if I played PSO (I didn't), and know someone who played as Malice on the GC.

Yeah, I had a character named Malice on the NGC version. RAmarl in the blue outfit w/ pink spikey hair and Cyclops visor. There were a few other Malices I saw, and a lot of people mistook me for a fan of some odd-ball JP singer named like Malice Mizer or something. I think I only got her to lvl 100 because I got tired of the weeaboos bugging me about it.

Haven't seen any other Neika's yet, with Nakita or Neike being the closest. A few Alisa's, but no other Arisa's yet either.

Though I saw that the beast girl from the Moatoob Guardians branch is named Mana - like my old FOnewearl, and there's a Sineua (sp) in the Neudaiz Guardians branch. I think I saw a player named Tesla on PSU, which was the name of my old HUmar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-11 10:21 ]</font>

malice_nyc
May 11, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-05-11 10:20, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Yeah, I had a character named Malice on the NGC version. RAmarl in the blue outfit w/ pink spikey hair and Cyclops visor. There were a few other Malices I saw, and a lot of people mistook me for a fan of some odd-ball JP singer named like Malice Mizer or something. I think I only got her to lvl 100 because I got tired of the weeaboos bugging me about it.

Maybe its you they're looking for then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif you're not on PC/PS2 are you? apparently Malice is also the name of a metal band or something... I've gotten comments about that.

I also, just yesterday, in a random CB party, got asked if I was Malice from something-or-other, which I wasn't. Oh well.

My name is both based on my real name, and supposed to be ironic, since I'm not a very malicious person... quite the opposite, I hope.

Nobo
May 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
Nothing even close http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Sinue_v2
May 11, 2007, 09:04 PM
Maybe its you they're looking for then you're not on PC/PS2 are you?

Possibly, but like you said - there were a lot of Malices on the NGC and I didn't play her very often.

Unis_Zero
May 13, 2007, 02:17 AM
I have seen many people with zero in there name or as their name however up till about a month ago i thought that i was the only one who spelled it "Zer0" untill i was on an alt char and tried to type my shop in to move to that room. I've even seen a few pics of him on here and *Gasps* he's a Cast too!!!!

-Ryuki-
May 13, 2007, 02:27 AM
The closest to my name is Ryoki, Ryo, and Ryuji.
I've seen 'em around plenty.

Kimil
May 13, 2007, 02:29 AM
I got mistaken for someone named Chiyo... they started shunning me ever so slightly until they realized I wasn't the same Chiyo lol, then everything was cool I guess >.<, I'm still a little put off by it though ><.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-05-13 00:30 ]</font>

Tulio07
May 13, 2007, 03:10 AM
When I play as Terra ... all the time. As Dark Night, I never saw someone with the exact same name ... but I did meet a Dark Knight once (might have been spelled differently)

ShinAnt
May 13, 2007, 03:40 AM
Well haven't seen many people with my name.
BUT!
I've seen my clone baby!
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/ShinAnt1234/psu20070427_140812_1570.jpg
Me on side. and CHUCK NORRIS here.
See the resemblance?

Finae
May 13, 2007, 04:30 AM
Back when hax was rampant on pc/ps2 and everyone and their mom was doing hive runs, some nub had my name (shu). Frikken newman fortetecher. My friends couldn't tell which one was talking atfirst until I started to act like a retard.

My other characters names I have yet to see anyone else have. I try to make unique names on any game I play, but when I created my beast and came up with shu, I was thinking about shoes at the time and went with it. Just a ghetto form of the word "shoes."