PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Preference

Kimil
May 10, 2007, 06:09 PM
I'm taking a brake from capping my Melee Classes and I'm looking to work towards capping either Guntecher or Fortegunner for now.

To all you gunners out there, what is your most used Gun, and bullets do you tend to use?

As a beast gunner, I know that Crossbows and Launchers have too little ATA for me to not be gimpped with so I stay away from them ( though I really want to try out the launcher! )

Currently I use these bullets religiously:

Mechgun (I am willing to sacrifice one or the other)
Thunder Mechgun ( for shocking minor baddies )
Ice Mechgun ( for damage verses Fire baddies )

Duallies (I'm not sure which is better so I'm trying them both out)
Fire Twin
Dark Twin
(Considering Mayalee twin)

Rifle
Thunder Shot ( Shocking big baddies )
(I want to get Killer shot, is it worth the PA slot?)

Handgun
Mayalee ( only used when I can't resta myself )

(the next two weps I love, because they have very good ATA. As a Beast, they work with my handicap just fine)
Card
Ice and light, both for damage only

Bow
Ice for damage as a WT, and freezing baddies as a GT.

My self-endused Bullet cap is 10, its curently at 9 with 1 or 2 I'm willing to give up.

I'm looking for advice. Keep in mind though PAs and Guns with low ATA aren't a good idea in my case since I'm a Beast. To all you gunners out there, what is your most used Gun, and bullets do you tend to use? Shotties? Cannons? Launchers? Crossbows? Should I look into them?

R2D6battlebot
May 10, 2007, 06:28 PM
I dont know how many times i have to tell people this....bullets are NOT MEANT FOR HUGE DAMAGE!! Theres a reason Rangers get such a variety of SE-inflicting weapons. Could it actually be to use them??? Rifles, Crossbows, MAYBE a shotgun or twins for damage if you absolutely must, should be all you use. Laser cannons are a total joke, with mediocre damage, a bad rate of fire, and only getting SE1. Mechguns arent much better, but at least they have higher DPS. Even still, at higher levels, not only do Crossbows outdamage shotguns because of the higher rate of fire, but you can also strafe and use an off-hand weapon (Shunbu is pretty good to disperse Olgohmons), and Rifles high rate of fire and SE4 capabilities are more than enough reason to use them a lot. Bows and cards are pretty good too if you go GT, but i stick to the FG weps for both classes. As for bullets, Freeze is probably the best for just doing damage (ugh) but the effect is also very useful, and other than that both Burn and Dark DoT effects are very VERY essential.

DonRoyale
May 10, 2007, 06:34 PM
All my characters use bullets.

For Shadow (fT/WT)

Bow
All of them, they're all useful in their own way

Card (most used)
Fire, Ice, and Light-Damage and effects are nice, plus cards are ownage.

Hagane (fG)

Rifle (most used)
Fire, Ice, Dark-Effects and damage

Mechgun
Fire and Ice-I'm a dummy with SE's and got the fire mech out of stupidity and ignorance.

Twin Handguns
Ice-Damage only. I like strafe-shooting and tagging while doing damage, so I kept it for tagging.

Grenade Launcher
Lightning-Stunlocks? OH MY YES.

Shotgun
Fire, Ice, Lightning and Dark. Effects or damage.

Basilisk (GT)

Twins
Light-Damage only. (Ironic that my main villain, the 'source of all evil', uses light guns. Lawlwaffles.

Rifle
Fire and Dark. Effects.

Card
All of them. Cards=win, nuff said.

Bow (most used)
Fire and Dark. Effects and nothing more.

Shotties
Fire and Dark. Effects only.

Xbow
Fire and Dark. Again, effects.

Carpe Diem (FG)

Twins
Lightning-duh, stunning w/strafe? Win for a FG.

Mechgun
Lightning-see above

As far as recommendations, Crossbow and Shotgun are good for damage and SE2 slapping. Effects stem from Rifle and Bow. Strafers are best used with Cards and Twins.

I can't help you too much, though-not that good of a Ranger myself @_@

Kimil
May 10, 2007, 06:37 PM
I know they aren't, thats why I have The twin Handgun Fire and Dark (Only keeping one eventually though ) for DoT, and the Lightning bullets for Shock. I don't really bother with Silence, Freeze and Confusion though...
All mages seem to be Immune to Silence, Shock is better than Freeze IMO ( I can also just use a trap) and Confusion? I'll use it through my Lightcard when I have too, but I find it not that great.

I only have the Ice Bow, Mech and Cards for Damage but I think I'm gonna drop one of them, not sure which though

Yoshiflash
May 10, 2007, 06:42 PM
you're a beast fortegunner?

Crossbows. Period. All of them. Especially if you're sharing PA space between classes. I don't know who told you you wouldn't have the ata for xbow but as a female beast 80/9 fortegunner I have over 400 ata. Xbows have 200+ on the weapon.

You've just gotta be willing to level them to 21 +.

If you don't do it afk it's a real chore and a half.

R2D6battlebot
May 10, 2007, 06:45 PM
Mech should be dropped. And to remind you, Crossbows get SE3 AND 3 bullets per shot plus a faster rate of fire than shotties, so not only do they outdamage them, they also inflict SE more frequently. And yeah, Confusion sucks, so i never use Light bullets, Silence doesnt work, Deljabans megid you through it (even if you hit them with a silence trap), and shock is only effective on agro monsters, whereas Freeze works on every dangerous spellcaster (Gaozorans, Olgohmons, Deljabans), but preference is everything i suppose, im just suggesting what i think is best.

Golto
May 10, 2007, 06:54 PM
Ice and Dark for most guns. Fire for rifle and grenade. SE 4 burn and virus really speed up S2s. High lvl Twin Freeze does more damage to Onmagoug's wings than equally lvled Ice rifle bullet unless you have some +10 rifle and are at a low character level.

Rifle: Ice. Fire, Dark, and Light if you like doing LL and Hive.
Shotgun: Lightning, Fire, Ice, and Dark
Twin Handgun: Ice
Grenade: Fire and Ice. If you have room and the patience to lvl to 21+ get the Dark grenade bullet.
Xbow: Ice and Dark. Fire if you have the space.

xennec
May 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
Okay seriously ppl..... Beasts+crossbow= SUCK. There is just too low ATA.

Cards: I like dark&ice
Twinnies: light&dark
longbow: dark
(In case you can't tell..... I like infection.)
rifle: lightning
mechgun: ice

crossbow: no don't use it! but you already know that Kimil.

Oh, and I mostly use cards

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-05-10 17:04 ]</font>

Mystil
May 10, 2007, 07:03 PM
I'm experimenting - but some other GTs have told me its best to use crossbows.

I use:

Evil Twins x4 : Twin Burn, Freeze, Shock, Confuse

A longbow for long range

Kakami(cards)x2: Shock, Freeze

The 9* crossbows: Uhm.... yak-banga, the shock one and yak-megidda

I use shock more than anything because it not only keeps them from attacking but it cuts down on the overall damage people take. Burn almost never works, but it's lvl10 so, gotta keep leveling them.

Yoshiflash
May 10, 2007, 07:06 PM
Kimil, play however you want to play to have fun, but you asked for opinions, and seriously...if you're gonna listen to an opinion I strongly suggest you lean towards someone that actually PLAYS a beast fortegunner.

how can you say not to use xbow and then follow up with using mech guns?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-10 17:16 ]</font>

Jey
May 10, 2007, 08:07 PM
Meh.

Rifle: Ice/Fire/Dark/Killer
Rifle levelling isn't for the faint of heart. If you have fire/dark/ice bows levelled and play GT, then by all means use those (although bow sucks arse for applying SE4s, imo). Killer Shot is great for the serious gunner, and will really make you stand out in robot-heavy missions (not to mention there's a sick pleasure in MPKing people you like by ohko'ing tankbots near them).

Shotgun: Barada Maga
I hate shotguns. I've levelled them 21+ time and again trying to find some worth to them, but they keep disappointing me. Slow fire speed, weak att bonus, near-worthless SE2s. Sure 5 bullets with possible targets each, but each mob can only be hit once by the spread. Crossbows hit harder, faster, and are strafable with SE3s. I just got the frag PA for kicks, which is worthless now since even bugs are easily hit.

Grenades: Ice/Light/Maga
Boma Maga is superhax. Ice is great for De Ragan bombing, and Light is ok for pinning gaozoran/olgohmons. I'll prolly delete the ice bullet eventually.

Laser: Mayalee
Pretty worthless imo too, but I guess GT can get some use out of it. I prefer Rising Strike spam over this.

Crossbow: Fire/Ice/Thunder/Light/Dark/Zagenga
I duoed with my beast fG friend and watched him take down mobs in Eastern Peril S2 using Zagenga (w/50%hp and Solid/Power S) for 550+ x3 a round. Made my jaw drop. Don't diss crossbow accuracy - he missed no more than I as a human fG. Anyway, 3 shot spread + good attack rating + SE3 + strafing + 1-handed = win. If you like shock, crossbow is the weapon of choice, imo.

Twin Handguns: Ice/Light/Dark/Mayalee
Twinnies are your best DPS with aim-able guns. Ice is great for many mobs. Light is ok for Colony stuff (works nice on Fakis). I only keep Dark around for my Fighgunner, but Yak Megiga works great for gunners. The other elements are ok for damage, but the SE2s kinda blow monkeychunks.

Machineguns: Ice/Light
I had Mayalee Fury at once time and deleted it. Sure it's good for stunlocking large mobs, but instead of doing that+crappy damage+worthless SE1s, I could be doing SE4s + good damage or Boma Maga spam, and I opted for the latter. Don't get me wrong, for -damage- mechguns are great, but they lack the weapon endurance that most S/S2 rank missions require.

Anyway... that's what's in my Bullet PA category.

omegapirate2k
May 10, 2007, 08:08 PM
Twin handguns and the dark bullets.

Ice bullets come in for a close second.

Longtail
May 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
I use Rifle Fire/Ice
Bow Dark/Light
Twin Gun Ground/Lightning
Hand Gun Lightning/Fire
Card Ice
Mechgun Ground
Shotgun Light

I'm too poor to get a crossbow/laser and not enough palette space since those guns filled up everything

Soukosa
May 10, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-05-10 17:06, Yoshiflash wrote:
if you're gonna listen to an opinion I strongly suggest you lean towards someone that actually PLAYS a beast fortegunner.

This can really apply to any class or class/race combo. People blurt out stuff about what they think based upon what's on paper and yet have never touched what they're talking about and get it all wrong. *glares the acro class "experts" making the "official" threads*

Adding on to the topic, you should really get both burn and infect. They both have different uses and some enemies are immune to one but not the other. You should also give each gun a try if you can. All guns have a unique feel and different purposes to them. Because one person says it sucks doesn't mean it'll suck for you. A good FG would know how to make the most out of all of the guns available to them.

Also, on the debate of shotguns vs crossbows. It mainly comes down personal preference. On an FG, shotguns are said to be able to out damage crossbows when used at point blank. Being a beast you'll have the HP to be able to pull this off. ATA also won't be as big of an issue when you're right up next to them. It's also said to cause the nanoblast meter to fill pretty damn fast doing it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You should also note that shotgun bullets will do small splash damage. Each bullet can hit two targets if they're close enough. On things with many hit points like De Ragan, you could could theoreticly hit up to 10 spots on it (though that may not be possible). Crossbow's don't pocess this ability either. But as someone I know that's good at the class has said, shotguns are the best for point blanking.

Garnet_Moon
May 10, 2007, 08:51 PM
I was going to give you advice, but you're hating on Beast for it's lack of stats, when it's really just your lack of skill that's the problem.

Really, hit from behind like all the fF's do. You're not special. Stop perpetuating this ridiculous stereotype that beasts are blind.

I lied.

Dualies: All
Shotties: All
Riffies: Fire
Nadies: Ice; and whatever else you feel like using.
Traps: Infect

Using anything else is pointless.

AC9breaker
May 10, 2007, 09:18 PM
Dualies: I go Shock and Earth.

Shotguns: Light, Lightning, and Ice.

Bow: (Rifle for you) All of them

Nades: Earth and Light

Laser: Ice and Mayalee

Handguns: Dark, and Ice

Mechs: Fire and Earth

Pillan
May 10, 2007, 09:23 PM
Cards, twin handguns, mechs, crossbows, and shotguns are your primary damage spam weapons, all with advantages and disadvantages which seem to have already been presented. Choose at least one weapon from that list and get every element in it. Personally I lean toward twin handguns, but they’re all good choices.

Rifles are your primary large mob effect weapon. I’d recommend getting burn and using that religiously, but also purchasing infect for things you can’t burn (or you can just stick to Virus Traps since infect does the same damage/time at all levels). You could use bows, but they get the lowest damage per time of any gun (unless you’re fighting a ridiculously high DFP enemy) and their slow firing rate makes them pretty useless for effects as well. Don’t waste your time with shock, confuse, or silence since every large mob is immune to the three.

Crossbows are the best effect spam on medium and small mobs, so you may also want to take that into consideration.

On 2007-05-10 18:23, Sounomi wrote:
This can really apply to any class or class/race combo. People blurt out stuff about what they think based upon what's on paper and yet have never touched what they're talking about and get it all wrong. *glares the acro class "experts" making the "official" threads*

I suppose I had to respond to this one. She asked so nicely…

You’re not going to suffer that much as a Beast fG, but you’ll miss noticeably more than a Cast fG and the little bit extra damage doesn’t make up for the ATA loss. That doesn’t mean you should never touch that race/class, but it does clearly mean you’re losing out on damage/time. Just live with it and go on with your lives. No one’s going to kick you from a party because of it.

The numbers never lie once you know how to translate them, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t fun to take other things into consideration. You have to ask “does anyone really care?” at some point. Losing an extra 1 in 5 shots isn’t that bad.

amtalx
May 10, 2007, 10:20 PM
This is from the perspective of a Cast Fortegunner.

Twin Handguns: Nope
Shotguns: All
Rifles: All
Bows: Never
Grenade Launchers: Earth, Ice, Dark, Fire
Laser Cannons: Ult. PA only
Machine Guns: Nope
Pistols: WTF? are you serious?
Crossbows: Same as Shotuns if I used them
Card: Never

I don't have a most used gun really. I all depends on the mission and how many gunners there are. Shotguns and Rifles are about even though.

Kimil
May 10, 2007, 11:15 PM
Haha, I was afriad of this... everyone has very different views http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'll just try everything I guess, And keep the ones I like.... TY for the responses!

Corran1
May 11, 2007, 01:09 AM
if you like killing onma, ice rifle
if you kill robots more often, killer shot
room for 3 get dark rifle,

that covers pretty much everything you'll run into (not the best, but great on some and good enough on others)

(since im guessing you dont have room for ever bullet ever because they're the best ever!!!! j/k)

Mio
May 11, 2007, 01:17 AM
Rifles: Fire - Ice - Dark - Light - Killer
Shotguns: Ice - Thunder
Mechguns: Fire - Ice - Thunder - Earth - Dark - Light
Twin Handguns: Ice - Mayalee
Greande Launcher: Ice
Crossbow: Fire - Ice - Thunder - Earth - Dark - Light - Ultimate

Total: 23

ashley50
May 11, 2007, 01:19 AM
this is what my CAST fG has in it's PA Slots:
Rifles: All Elements
Handgun: All Element
Shotgun; All Element
Twin handguns: All Elements
Laser Cannon: Ice, Dark and Light
Grenade: Ice, Dark and Light
Mechguns; NONE...since I don't use one
Crossbow: Ice and Dark...but I may delet this skill since I don't them much.

Kimil
May 11, 2007, 01:24 AM
I think I'll use this set up now from what ppl are saying, and keeping in mind that lol-ATA attacks will suck in my situation:

-Rifle
Killer, Thunder, Dark

-Twin
Ice, Fire

-Handgun
Mayalee

-Mech
Thunder

-Bow
Ice

-Card
Ice, Light

10 exactly. Lacking Earth Bullets, but meh. Silence Blows anyways >->

Criss
May 11, 2007, 01:55 AM
First of all, don't base your choices over your race's ATA. The base ATA modifier on Fortegunner and Guntecher is so high that it doesn't matter. You'll have an extra 0 more than a CAST maybe once in... 20~25+ shots? And your race's ATP is so high that the occasional extra 0 won't even matter. Plus you get Zodial to use as a GT.

Second, use the multiple-bullet weapons, especially as a beast. Cards, crossbows and especially machineguns (or even multiple-target weapons like launchers) have crazy damage-dealing capabilities on a beast from the high racial ATP that's calculated on each individual shot. Again, don't pay attention to low ATA on a weapon, it will barely make any difference with the class' ATA boost and damage more than makes up for it.

I personally use all 6 elements on cards, as it's high element % makes raw damage dealing it's best use if you can exploit elements properly. As for shotgun/crossbow, I personally prefer crossbow for the better movement and wand space since I'm a GT, but as a beast, you might want to use a shotgun for the 5-bullets per shot... since your high ATP applied on all 5 bullets individually will allow for crazy damage, assuming you don't mind the loss of maneuverability. Shotgun is a raw-damage weapon whereas crossbow is better suited for dealing SEs with it's SE lv 3 at lv 21+ while keeping rather good damage with 3 bullets. As for twins, I only bothered leveling Ice, as it covers pretty much all flying enemies (Shagreece and others are pretty much all fire) and their speed make them awesome against Neudaiz worms too. Ult Twin PA is also very useful for debuffing enemy def from afar. As for rifle/bow, I prefer bow over rifle since bullets level MUCH faster, and bows ignore enemy defense (though this only applies to GT since fG doesn't get bows), but aside from that, both are better suited for dealing lv 4 SEs. Dark bullets are mendatory here, while fire, ice and light can be useful in many situations. Lasers can be good in crowded rooms, but aside from that, not recommended.

And this is coming from a Beast Guntecher. Trust me, Beasts are not the best marksman, but make awesome damage-oriented rangers. High base ATP multiplied by the 3 bullets of a card, then multiplied by the bullet's att mod, then further multiplied by 25% element equals in damage comparable to a non-beast hunter. Plus you'll barely miss more than any other race because of the high ATA mod of the class. Remember, rangers get such high ATA that the difference between beast and cast ATA is on diminishing returns and will only truly show on bees and similar enemies.

And in any case, you've got a ranger that can nanoblast and go melee for crazy damage. Rawr. =3

Mio
May 11, 2007, 02:13 AM
and remind that a level 80/10 beast fG have like 20 more ATP and half ATA than a 80/10 cast

Criss
May 11, 2007, 03:11 AM
On 2007-05-11 00:13, Mio wrote:
and remind that a level 80/10 beast fG have like 20 more ATP and half ATA than a 80/10 cast

And I remind you that, past a certain point, the ATA required to be more accurate becomes exponential. Two times the ATA helps, but is hardly groundbreaking. The class' ATA mod gives beasts enough ATA to have a reliable accuracy.

And of course, you're comparing a race designed for melee with one specifically created for guns. Of course Cast fGs are better. But maybe you should read a bit and figure out what the point of this thread is. It's about advice on using a beast as ranger classes. Not comparisons between beast and the race specifically created to be ranger.

Certainly Beasts don't make as good rangers as Casts do. But my point here was that beasts can still make excellent rangers, and are hardly as "gimped" as some people would like to think.

Eleina
May 11, 2007, 08:01 AM
Get ultimate Xbow <3 <3 <3

xennec
May 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-05-10 17:06, Yoshiflash wrote: how can you say not to use xbow and then follow up with using mech guns?

First of all, if you looked at my sig, you would realize that I DO play a beast gt. That was just my opinion, which is what was asked to give. The reason I use mechguns is for aggro, not damage. I did try x-bow, but it didn't work so well for me. But you are correct in saying Kimil should play however he wants. If he uses x-bow, then I don't care, its his character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-05-19 09:18 ]</font>

Yoshiflash
May 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
well.. it would appear the the OP is going with guntecher over fortegunner so in that respect I would say to go with cards anyways(which he is). Guntecher has significantly less ata than fortegunner where beasts are concerned and cards are fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

But I still avidly stand by the fact, and it is a fact, that as a female beast 80/9 fG I don't miss with xbows...like..at all really.

I have 347 ata with ele xbow bullets and about 400 with upa.

That may not seem like alot when looking at cast stats, but look at it in terms of whats really needed to hit effectively on dam near anything in the game currently and its plenty.

Casts ata on fG is actually overkill IMO, but its great for cast melee. edit: I take that back, I just don't use the UPAs where it would be useful to have that much extra ATA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-11 13:05 ]</font>

Criss
May 11, 2007, 04:13 PM
GTs, though they have less ATA than fGs, can keep zodial on themselves at all times, which really eliminates any possible accuracy problems (Maybe bees being an exception). Like Yoshiflash said, CAST ATA is utterly overkill as rangers, beasts have more than enough to have a pretty reliable accuracy as rangers.

And Xennec, I don't know how much you tried crossbows, but I'd like to point out that, until lv 21+ bullets, crossbows are mediocre at best. But past lv 21, triple bullets and lv 3 SEs make them awesome weapons. The best crowd-SEing weapon IMO.

Mio
May 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
cast overkill ata is needed for low accuracy weapons like grenade launchers and mechguns. ( And trust me it helps, I multiclass Fortegunner adn Fighunner, Mechguns do lots of 0 as a fighunner and I have probably more ATA than a beast GT ).

Sryche there's nothing wrong in doing a beast ranger I have one myself, but the big beast atp isnt really noticable as a ranger

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mio on 2007-05-11 14:43 ]</font>

Criss
May 11, 2007, 06:08 PM
I play a female beast GT as my main (lowest possible ATA, mind you), and I do use mechguns myself. I get one 0 maybe each 6~8 hits, which isn't too bad, and with over 220 damage a shot on Ollakas with lv 17 Frozen Fury at lv 62, that's rather powerful. I do keep Zodial on myself at all times, but fGs probably get more from their naturally higher ATA anyhow.

And because the extra beast ATP isn't "noticable" doesn't mean it doesn't have any impact. When you factor that (on cards for example) this 20~50 extra base atp is multiplied by the 3 bullets, then multiplied by the bullet's 150% att mod, then further multiplied by 25% element, it DOES make a big difference. Even more so with Shifta, which GTs can use themselves.

Anyhow, I can't personally make exact comparisons with other races, but I do know from experience how good a beast GT fares. And I can say that, as damage-oriented rangers, they do amazingly great, especially with multiple-bullet weapons, without really suffering much from the low ATA except for weapons requirements at lower levels. Add in Nanoblast for the occasional melee need and you have an awesome character for both raw-damage dealing, SE inflicting and reverser/buff/debuff support.

Hrith
May 12, 2007, 03:34 AM
I get a notable amount of 0 as a 80/10 cast fortegunner using grenade launchers or other low ATA modifiers (all my PAs are 30), so there's no way you can call 600 ATA overkill, it's always useful.

As a Guntecher, my PAs are:
Shotgun: Thunder
Bow: Fire, Ice, Dark
Twin Handgun: Earth, Dark
Crossbow: Fire, Thunder
Fans: Earth, Light
Machinegun: Light, Ice
(each element twice)

Ithildin
May 12, 2007, 04:45 AM
Rifles - Fire/Ice
Shotguns - Ice/Earth/Light/Dark
Twins - Shock

MSAksion
May 13, 2007, 09:06 AM
w00t - I agree with SRYCHE - it doesn't matter WHAT you are as long as you're GOOD at it. Even Focasts - i've seen a few high levels weilding 8 and 9* wands that's good enough for me.

And for Female Beast GunTechers - Aside from R-AWESOME damage i see from SRYCHE - i can't tell if she's doing POORLY in ACCURACY cause all I see are FROZEN VIRUSED enemy Squads!

As for RANGERS - the job primarily is of course STATUS effects. Excluding Traps a gunner's gun is the only way to Status an enemy quickly. Forces do too but not as quickly or as reliably as a Gun.

Level 51 Guntecher Hinamori Momo has;

6 Bow (Status4)- ICE > DARK > LIGHT > LIGHTNING > FIRE > Earth. - Has all Six
2 Crossbow (Status3) - ICE > VIRUS - they take FOREVER to level! ARGH! Only got the best.
2 Card Fan (Status 2) - LIGHT > FIRE - Shouldaa got ICE but i need a powerful Fire weapon too.
3 Dual Pistols (Status 2) - FIRE > ICE > VIRUS - the best 3 to fight the 3 most common enemy elements.
3 Shotgun (Status 2) - LIGHTNING > LIGHT > ICE - SHOCK an entire squad means Hunters are Semi-Safe. Confuse works too. Shotgun = MELEE GUN
1 M-gun (Status ONE) - LIGHTNING. - Spray a squad, hope it SHOCKS, then REVERSER the team's REAL FORCE. But M-gun does INSANE DAMAGE and recharges quickly in short bursts.
1 Laser (Status ONE) - Maylee Prism - KNOCKBACK - No Megid if Jabra is staggering.

I'd have more gun elements but i got all my bases covered. If equipped Properly i can handle any enemy on parum or neudaiz or Hive. Need to level lightning and earth bow for Moat00b (eventually) Still working on main Fortetecher ^_^

Criss
May 13, 2007, 02:23 PM
Mahou! So you finally started posting! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I got on PSU this weekend but I only caught Toushi online. :

And I just realized I haven't posted what bullets I use, so here goes:
Bow: Ice, Light, Dark... might get to leveling fire sometime. I dislike fire on bows because of the amount of fire enemies and it's 30% element.
Twins: Ice, and Mayalee... might add Lightning after I cap my Ice Twins, only about 40% to go.
Cards: All elements. As a beast GT I focus much more on raw damage than others, and abusing the 25% element on cards allow me to even out-damage most non-beast hunters my level.
Crossbow: Lightning, Dark... I only recently got Dark past lv 21, but I'm certainly gonna level Lightning next, then possibly add fire.
Machinegun: Ice... as much as I love machineguns, I find myself not using them often because of it's lack of PP, and I'm already carrying so many different weapons. I use them mainly for quickly taking out common fire-types like cows.

I personally don't use shotguns, even as good as the damage would be as a beast. The lack of movement just doesn't fit with my playstyle. I also don't use lasers because of the time it takes to get a proper angle for hitting enough monsters. I need to constantly switch between picking right element for damage, applying SEs, buffing, debuffing, reversering frozen/sleeping allies and using resta so lasers fall way down in my list of potentially useful weapons, which is already much bigger than my 6 palette slots.

MSAksion
May 14, 2007, 02:20 AM
Hey sry bout that Sryche - I play nights now. Weekends are too busy lately V_V

As for Favorite Guns - the most used are the One-Hand Guns and the Dualies. I like MOBILE FIRE SUPPORT - I'm GT ^_^

As for the palette - yes there are six slots and its hard to keep swapping things in and out while in the fray. Esp a Guntecher which needs to be flexible and mobile for BACKUP EMERGENCY Healing.

Card Fan / Buff Wand
Crossbow / DEbuff Wand
M-Gun / Healing Wand
Dual Pistols
Laser Cannon or Shotgun - depending on situation.
Bow

A) I can Buff the Team then Target Flying Monsters with the Card fan.
B) I can DEbuff the enemy squad then proceed to Crossbow them UP CLOSE for max effect.
C) I can M-Gun a squad while moving into RESTA Position.
D) The Dualies let me move into position for...
E) ...The Shotgun or Laser. If spread out or its too close i SHOTGUN. If I KNOW big enemies are there i use the KNOCKBACK Laser. Regular Laser is too weak for my Human.
F) And last is the Bow. I know lvl 4 status and all but I gotta stay Mobile. And the bow is only for SNIPER fire - thereby i don't need it on the fly.

I like the mobile guns - maybe because it lets me move with the Hunters but also because GT gets S rank in them eventually ^_^ *Ulterior Motive

Kimil
May 14, 2007, 11:56 AM
Basically I'm focuing on Cards, duallies, one mech and Bows (so I can be proficient at bullets in Acro classes, Wartecher and Figunner at the same time as being fairly good at GT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

I've got one other question, at lvl 11 I know Cards throw 3 instead of 2, at level 21 do they throw 4? at lvl 31 do they throw 5?

Weeaboolits
May 14, 2007, 04:12 PM
I like Ice and Lightning bullets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pso123hrf
May 14, 2007, 05:49 PM
1 phrase...

It's an opinion

majan
May 14, 2007, 06:02 PM
totally enjoying mechguns/twin pistols wiht my cast fighgunner right now.Id have tried out crossbows too,but Im trying to keep his build as simple as possible to limit the amount of grinding/weapon purchasing I have to do.

anyway,
I STRONGLY advise getting all of the bullets for the twin pistols.dps wise,they are probably one of the best,save for phantomline/phantom combination,which is probably the single best ranged weapon thing to do until rikalbari/rikal senba comes out.
yeah,anyway,dualies are extremely strong,and I totally advise you getting them up especially as a guntecher because you get S of those bad boys.totally worth investing into.they are not a pain to level up,either.as a beast,youll have a damage boost,which is even better as a dualie user.]

I also use mechguns with dark bullets(not sure why),but mainly and premeirly,mayalee fury(ultimate machinegun are).mayalee fury is the bane of all big monsters' existence,period,end of sentence.want to get a jarba out of the way?stunlock it to the other side of the room.gol dova?no problem!lock it in place while your buddies in beast form knock the living piss out of it.

buy.mayalee.fury.every ranger should have it.the only gripe with that skill is that it drains your guns in a HURRY,like,bigtime.thats nothing a grinded kubara mechgun cant fix though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

cant say much of a peice about crossbows other than that I hear that they are a pain in th eass to level up form 1-11,but then they get extremely strong and easy to level up.sounds like a plus to me.I just havent seen the need to start withthem yet,but thats a matter of preference.
the only thing Id really suggest with gusto is mayalee fury.I like dualies,but thats a matter of preference.wat matters most is wat you feel like doing with your build.