PDA

View Full Version : The adventures of idiot boy in essay land

Kayumi
Dec 12, 2002, 03:44 PM
First off I'd like to state my undying hatred for John Milton's Paradise Lost:

MILTON! WE HATES IT WE HATES IT WE HATES IT FOREVER!

Now that that's out of the way, a story, if you will. (Weee! I love storytime!)

So. Idiot-boy is assigned a pair of essays, due within a week of each other. Idiot-boy gets stressed out and works his ass off finishing the first, then procrastinates a great deal on the second, thinking he has a bit of time before it's due and it will be easy.

Idiot-boy then notices that the late penalty for the second essay's class is a mere 2% a day.

Idiot-boy celebrates by playing PSO endlessly and posting a lot on PSOW.

Idiot-boy then, nearly a week overdue, decides maybe he should get to work on the essay. Looks at his syllabus, spots the length requirement, and nearly craps his pants.

Idiot-boy then writes an essay which is 300 words under the requirements he sees on the page.

Idiot-boy finishes the essay as best he can, prints it off (having to deal with a brand-new-faulty ink cartridge...lovely...) and then goes back to the syllabus to find out where the office is for that faculty so he can hand in the essay.

Idiot-boy then notices he read the WRONG LENGTH REQUIREMENT.

Idiot-boy hit the EXACT length he needed. And is now posting to PSOW a rant about how stupid he is.

God I'm an idiot.

BlackRose
Dec 12, 2002, 10:56 PM
Uh... double post... but i don't see any "Delete this post" button... o_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackRose on 2002-12-12 20:05 ]</font>

BlackRose
Dec 12, 2002, 10:58 PM
You were only 300 words under where you thought you were supposed to be!? Jeez, I'd call that good anyway...

(I turned in a nine-page paper for my "fifteen pager" sophmore year...)

Kayumi
Dec 12, 2002, 11:57 PM
I'm in third year, at this point.

Mind you, it's a first year class, but still...I need the marks to not-suck. Shame Idiot-boy thought the cutoff time each day was two hours later than it actually was. Handed it in at 5:30 when cutoff time for the day is 3:30. Thus another day late.

Idiot-boy am such a moron.

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2002, 01:34 AM
...I'd give you a thrashing with the Stick of Enlightenment with 35% to Incompetant and 60% to Dumbass, but it would'nt be much use for you...Idiot >=/

...oh..wait.. *uproots Tree of Knowledge and beats the shit out of you with it*

Hooha! =D

ok, all joking aside, when will you hand in this paper and do you have ANY idea as to the grade you can possibly salvage from it? You worked hard on getting it finished thus far right? I mean..sure..you might have cut some corners, but overall you atleast put some effort into what you did do, yeah?

Best of luck with it though, something is definately better than nothing. =)

*goes to sleep*

*EDIT*
Never type a post 4 hours before you work =(
*/smacks typos*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-12-12 22:37 ]</font>

Ness
Dec 13, 2002, 07:16 AM
On 2002-12-12 22:34, ABDUR101 wrote:
...I'd give you a thrashing with the Stick of Enlightenment with 35% to Incompetant and 60% to Dumbass, but it would'nt be much use for you...Idiot >=/

...oh..wait.. *uproots Tree of Knowledge and beats the shit out of you with it*

Hooha! =D

Oh Yeah. Whell I'll whip out my BLASTER OF INTELLIGENCE +99 with 60% Dumbass 60% Incompetent and 60% percent Fucktard.

It's time for you two (yes both of you) to get a serious lesson in enlightment.

*Blows Kayumi and Abdur full of smart holes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2002-12-13 04:17 ]</font>

Kayumi
Dec 13, 2002, 08:38 AM
Well, it was handed in late. I think...16-18% off for that.

I probably get about 50-60% total, after that, for this thing, but it's a full-year course, not just a single semester, so I have the other work I've already done and the work next semester (and both exams) to recover my grade, and the other work I've done this year has been uniformly pretty good. The real trick is going to be getting my parents to accept that one low essay does not a failed course make...

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2002, 06:16 PM
hmmm. Well, I say hold out in your apartment under lock and key until the semester or year is over, then when they see that the one (sorta) fubar'd essay wasn't that bad, they won't mind it so much. =)

The best of luck to you though =

Kayumi
Dec 13, 2002, 08:10 PM
I actually don't even plan for them to find out about the late one until after Christmas, when I'm safely back an hour's drive away. And maybe not even then. They don't get ALL my marks, just the finals (and the good ones I get between). And the finals should be good enough.