PDA

View Full Version : The new Spoileriffic Enemy: Opinions Etc ?

AzureBlaze
May 10, 2007, 11:36 PM
Ok this post is obviously a spoiler so keep off it unless you've been through all the latest USA online story mode missions, or you like to spoil surprises for yourself.

Ok now onto the actual surprise for the people who've done it. This new SEED guy appearing in the quest. Looks like it's trying to bite a bit of Delsaber style, with the jumping, kicking and charging after you. Like a karate Delsaber of some sort.

What is your opinion about this new monster?

Also, in the quest was it literally invincible for some reason?

I was hitting it with light weps like Jogiri etc. and was pulling only zeros. Was it also immune to techs? It felt plot-pointery to me that it was doing that, with the way they were speaking of it.

So if this dude was not invincible, do you think it would be fun to fight, or another "irritation monster" like the Jarbas? Certainly it's faster than a jarba, but it doesn't seem to tech you to heck like they do either.

Side Note:
What was Hyuga up to? Ok so he turns on the comm unit w/o knowing. Did he sit on it? All Laia gets is like "argh Ugh Grrr" etc. It's -written- too, so there's no tone to it. Is he moving the furnishing? Fighting someone? Are they jabbing him with anti-seed needles? I didn't really get the point of this because it seems to come to nothing but 'haha o well' at the end. Perhaps it will take off again later.

Either way, an interesting chapter.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 11, 2007, 12:11 AM
They obviously want you to at least wonder if the SEED-Venas is actually Hyuga infected by the SEED virus.

Anyway, the SEED-Venas is just a reskinned version of SEED-Magaishi from offline (except this one's invincible), so it wasn't all that surprising for me.

Niered
May 11, 2007, 12:14 AM
Oh wow, I didnt even realize that Ffuzzy, (the whole magashi thing).

Anywho, the thing is fear inspiring and down right awesome. Make it vulnerable, with more HP than a carriguine and you have something people will faint at the site of.

Allison_W
May 11, 2007, 12:55 AM
On 2007-05-10 21:36, AzureBlaze wrote:
What is your opinion about this new monster?

Oh, the thing's awesome. I agree with the guy who said it could be made into a fearsome creature indeed--considering that come AoI, moons and Giresta can be used in place of scapes, there'll be a lot of room to make much scarier monsters.

Also, in the quest was it literally invincible for some reason?

Far as I'm aware.

Side Note:
What was Hyuga up to? Ok so he turns on the comm unit w/o knowing. Did he sit on it? All Laia gets is like "argh Ugh Grrr" etc. It's -written- too, so there's no tone to it. Is he moving the furnishing? Fighting someone? Are they jabbing him with anti-seed needles? I didn't really get the point of this because it seems to come to nothing but 'haha o well' at the end. Perhaps it will take off again later.

My first thought was that he was getting laid. Seriously, given Hyuga's personality, the nature of the incident, and how he was all "ha ha oh well" afterwards, I would totally guess that he rolled over onto his comlink while he was getting it on. Except for that part about this being a video game and Sega having ESRB ratings and soccer moms to worry about. And that we probably should have heard at least one curse between when he realized his comlink was on and when he turned it off, unless his turning it off again was just as accidental.

Seriously though, if you ignore the ratings business, it just makes too damn much sense. (Now taking bets on whether Lumia isn't the lead in AoI because she'll be too busy dealing with morning sickness and sudden cravings for "gritty" foods.)

On 2007-05-10 22:11, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
They obviously want you to at least wonder if the SEED-Venas is actually Hyuga infected by the SEED virus.

I rather doubt it, if only because Hyuga would be kinda-sorta vaporized after that explosion if he were the SEED-Venas. Or even if he really was invincible even to the explosion, he'd kind of be stranded out in the middle of a Moatoobi desert.

PrinceBrightstar
May 11, 2007, 04:38 AM
It's a clone of hyuga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-05-11 02:38 ]</font>

Esaxe
May 11, 2007, 04:38 AM
On 2007-05-10 22:55, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-05-10 22:11, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

I rather doubt it, if only because Hyuga would be kinda-sorta vaporized after that explosion if he were the SEED-Venas. Or even if he really was invincible even to the explosion, he'd kind of be stranded out in the middle of a Moatoobi desert.

And then there's the fact he's been shown in the trailer for AoI. Unless they invent a cure...

Nuclearranger
May 11, 2007, 08:46 AM
Jon, unless you have any proof i dont know if its the best idea to start that lol

But him being a clone makes sence for some things! Because two of him would automaticaly clear up any where was he questions. But then his real self would be dead and thats a bummer >.>