PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Venting (Possible language)

Weeaboolits
May 11, 2007, 12:03 AM
Don't expect this to be articulated overly well, I'm rather angry at the moment and it's making my head hurt. Don't expect things to be in a coherent order, I'm just putting them down as they come to mind.

My stepdad... He pisses me off so bad...

I wish I could just tell him off, right to his face, but I know that if I did that nothing good could possibly come of it, in fact it'd just open up a whole new set of problems I'm just not willing to deal with right now.

He's the type who can never be wrong, ever. the type that searches for something wrong to bitch at people about to make himself feal better, the type that wants to be in control of everything, it really pisses me off, he yells at me EVERY DAY for pretty much nothing, for example, I once slapped the cat because it bit my baby nephew, and what does he do? He gets pissed at me! "You just couldn't wait to hit my cat, huh?" Granted I'm not fond of them, but I'm by no means abusive of the little blighters, he's been so defensive of those little hellians since the day he asked me if I liked them and I said no.

He gets so pissed if you say anything, on more than one occasion he got pissed at me for saying that we should give them away (as opposed to puting them to sleep as he said in his stastement before.)

Another thing, and this was a huge one, he once had the gall to ask one of my best friends to smoke weed with him, now that really pisses me off, it's bad enough he does it himself, but to try to get my friends to do it with him...

Part of the reason we had to move was because of his drug problem, I wouldn't so much a problem with this had he actually tried to do something about it.

When we were getting ready to move he decided to go out and do whatever the hell he did with the car instead of helping us pack and such, we eneded up leaving without him, he ended up showing up two days later, gall was I pissed, I had half a mind to tell him off right then and there.

I pretty much lost all respect for him when he stooped to pawning my PS2, to go and pawn something given to someone else is just lower than low...

Why do I put up with it? Simply because we can't afford the house without his income, and I can't rightly find a job until we get my medication sorted out.

I swear, the second I get the money to move out, I'll tell him exactly what I think of him and that'll be the end of it, I'll have naught else to say to him.

Theres more to it than just this, but thinking about it just pisses me off more and gives me a headache, so I think I'll just leave it at that for now, I just needed to get it out of my system...

If I ever feel the need to further vent on the subject it'll be here.

omegapirate2k
May 11, 2007, 09:14 AM
Gee, that sucks Ronin, I hope you can works something out :/

SStrikerR
May 12, 2007, 10:59 AM
good luck. and its weird, i dont have a stepdad, but everyone that does that i know hates ther's

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 13, 2007, 11:40 PM
Best of luck first off, like the rest have said, in getting a job, moving out, or whatever is awaiting you.

Interesting how he can keep a job while being a bit on the sloth side of things and being irresponsible with a pot problem and supplies the family unit with rent income while having to pawn off material goods here and there as well.

At least you have an example of what not to be or grow into in a father figure instead of lacking one at all, negative or positive. Those types tend to be a bit extreme on the internet to garner needed attention or sympathies you've probably noticed.

Talk things over with your mom when and if you can. Support each other and if its possible to turn the step father around, support what he needs to do as well in terms of drug-support groups or other things.

Banish
May 15, 2007, 04:58 PM
Ronin, do want you think is right.

Moving away and/or staying away might be an option. Working things out doesn't really help IMO, because the memories will still be there and feelings will come back and bite.

Does the words "I'm right and you're wrong!" come to your mind? It does for me. Sometimes, a father can think he is the man; he is never wrong, and can have his own way most of the time. I had a similar experience, but not as bad. Sometimes a father takes his anger out on his kids or on his wife, things get nasty. Or, they "bottle up" their emotions, and let all out of burst it on someone, otherwise overeacting. Or maybe there're just stressed out, not even knowing what is really going on...

I wish you good luck and I wish that things will find their way to normal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-05-15 15:11 ]</font>

AlexCraig
May 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
I hear ya, Ronin. My friend, Eric, has a stepdad, Scott, similar to that, but instead of drugs he uses Eric as slave labor while he kicks back, takes Eric's income for his own needs, and completely loathes Eric and his friends (myself included). One day I was at his house playing video games, and Scott comes into the room, gives me this look that could have curdled fresh milk, and leaves. I pretty much shrivelled in fear. Luckily, he knows not of Eric's Ninja-to, otherwise he would have thrown it out.
Once you can get into some money, you should call the cops on him for his drug use. That'll teach him. And what better way to not only exact revenge, but to tell him EXACTLY how you feel.
Anywho, I know how you feel. I'm here for you, buddy.