PDA

View Full Version : single striking argument

orbital
May 12, 2007, 01:46 AM
me and a friend were jus arguing over wether or not single haded striking weps get a 3r dform...anyone know for sure?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 12, 2007, 01:49 AM
If you mean a third combo to their PA skills then no, no single handed weapon skill has more than 2 combos.

orbital
May 12, 2007, 01:50 AM
kk thanks

Itsuki
May 12, 2007, 02:19 AM
That includes AoI weapons. Both whip and slicer are single handed and do not get a 3rd combo.

Soukosa
May 12, 2007, 02:45 AM
Look at the description for the skill. It'll say "*a number* hits." The number there is the max number of combos that skill can have. One handed weapons will not always have 2 attacks in their combo and two handed ones won't always have 3. (This including PAs that we don't know about yet in the future.)

A2K
May 12, 2007, 03:07 AM
Oh, it's definitely possible for any given skill to have a "non-standard" length combo, but, I wouldn't say with any degree of certainty Sonic Team would ever deviate too much from the patterns they've established thus far, either.

For the record, skills such as Bogga Zubba and Tornado Dance (is that all?), only have a single-part "combo" due to the nature of their attacks.

Hrith
May 12, 2007, 03:16 AM
Well, I hope AoI will have some new PAs with a 4th part, it would be cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zarbolord
May 12, 2007, 03:25 AM
I expect 6 combo PAs with rly low ATP from daggers XD Nah, well anyway would be awesome if they differed the combo status more, each weapon is different from another, hence the different number in combos would be more logic.

Soukosa
May 12, 2007, 05:40 AM
On 2007-05-12 01:07, A2K wrote:
Oh, it's definitely possible for any given skill to have a "non-standard" length combo, but, I wouldn't say with any degree of certainty Sonic Team would ever deviate too much from the patterns they've established thus far, either.

They already did it with SEs on things like tier 4 dambarta which suddenly goes up a notch. ST needs to get more creative things =/

Itsuki
May 12, 2007, 07:06 AM
On 2007-05-12 03:40, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-05-12 01:07, A2K wrote:

They already did it with SEs on things like tier 4 dambarta which suddenly goes up a notch. ST needs to get more creative things =/

They've used 1 -> 1 -> 2 patterns before though. And 3 -> 3 -> 3-> 4 pattern doesn't seem too much of a jump. I remember the majority of the ultimate bullets used to follow that 1 -> 1 -> 2 pattern.

A2K
May 12, 2007, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't necessarily apply the same reasoning on bullet and TECHNIC status effect levels to skill combos, but I see your point. We might very well see some a "charge-up" type skill for a single-handed weapon, or a fast-hitting three or more part combo for them in the future.

Although... the thought of up to five parts for a double-handed weapon's combo though just seems... rather excessive to me.

Zorafim
May 12, 2007, 09:36 AM
On 2007-05-12 01:16, Hrith wrote:
Well, I hope AoI will have some new PAs with a 4th part, it would be cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As it stands, my PAs are too long to wait for the knockback. Add another part, and we'll just be a walking wall of PAs, devoid of any means of dodging at all.

SStrikerR
May 12, 2007, 10:21 AM
it wouldnt be a fun game then.

natewifi
May 12, 2007, 10:40 AM
Imo it would be like a marvel vs capcom combo, where how you keep going hitting the
enemy into the air and still hitting them, or just keep hitting them head on.

For PA's that knockback, ST could just add an additional second combo for one handed
weapons, and make the first ver of the second combo then turn it into the third since it knocksback.

Are the new PA's in Aoi going to be the last ones?