PDA

View Full Version : Inexcusable noobishness( apology )

DAMASCUS
May 12, 2007, 02:23 AM
I'm not sure if this will be seen by the right people but I need to apologize for being...a dumbass.

I was going to check out Mad Beasts S2 and I wanted to hitch a ride through. The first team I saw was almost full and was a bunch of high levels on Mad Creatures C. Sweet, so they are basically done I better jump in right away! I barely noticed that it said 'Buff party..join in..someone is afk'. I just thought that somebody was getting a bite to eat but someone was buffing so that they could bum rush the level; it sounds dumb now. I warped to B3 and everyone was gathered around a force who was 'buffing'. Huh, wierd..what are they doing? I now realize what they were doing...but now is too late. Like an idiot I finished the level thinking they were out to lunch; maybe they were :/ Immediately in the lobby one of the people( Wolf Blade ) lets me know in unquestionably pissed off language that I did something wrong. I should have asked what was up right there but I was rushing to De Ragan. He managed to follow me in to the next group and ream me for ruining the buff group. I said sorry but I am sure that I just looked like the biggest ass ever. I felt bad and just stopped at the lake lobby while the Wolf Blade fellow went on to better things.

For the others involved as well, I had no clue and I am truly sorry.

Sychosis
May 12, 2007, 02:37 AM
Don't beat yourself up. It's not like Mad Creatures C take any more than 2 minutes for a high level.

That Wolf guy actually went through a lot more trouble than he should have in trying to teach you a lesson.

February
May 12, 2007, 02:54 AM
Yeah mistakes happen... It's not like you were trying to be malicious with what you did. It would have taken them seconds to get back there again, and you even apologized for it.

ThEoRy
May 12, 2007, 10:02 AM
A wise man once said, "Once a man admits his wrongdoing, he is immediately forgiven."

SStrikerR
May 12, 2007, 10:09 AM
still sl'ing

sl'ing=Silently Laugh ing

natewifi
May 12, 2007, 10:51 AM
What that beast guy did was inexcusable, he was being the dumbass (why didnt the leader in the party he followed you in kick him?). Stop worrying about some suck ass party. Go on to w/e you were doing after you sed sorry, imo that asshole was being way too emotional and you were being too much of a nice guy about it. HELLO, IT WAS C RANK THEY CAN ALWAYS C RANK BACK TO LAKESHORE AND START OVER, I mean they are high levels right?

Dhylec
May 12, 2007, 11:24 AM
Everyone makes mistakes, but be careful next time joining a game so the situation will turn out better.

Mr_Confused
May 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
Your still better than the people who boot people who join their parties because their trying to hitch a ride.

CelestialBlade
May 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
I think it's sad that the dude actually wasted his time to follow you and give you hell about it. You'd think they'd just start up another party....

We all make mistakes, but what seperates the men from the boys is knowing when to admit your own wrongdoings.

villenium
May 12, 2007, 03:19 PM
Everyone makes mistakes, he should have let it slide.

On a related note, I don't mind piggy-backers but I do when they rush for the key while there are still creatures to kill and mess up my S Rank!

PALRAPPYS
May 12, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-05-12 10:02, Mr_Confused wrote:
Your still better than the people who boot people who join their parties because their trying to hitch a ride.

I only boot people if I'm really close to the end.

What? That just feels like they're taking total advantage of me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif I'm not the only one who does it for that reason.

jayster
May 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
lol I'v always wanted to do that, even if id be the biggest jerk in psu. Just to do it once would be make a dream come true.

Palefire
May 12, 2007, 06:30 PM
We all make n00bish mistakes at one point or another. Even though it was an accident, you were nice enough to apologise, so if it were me in Wolf Blade's place I would have just LOLed and said, "Ooops...well, NHNF".

malice_nyc
May 12, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-05-12 00:23, DAMASCUS wrote:
I'm not sure if this will be seen by the right people but I need to apologize for being...a dumbass.

I just did this... to myself... I was doing a buff party in CB with just myself and two NPCs at the time, and accidentally stepped on the warp gate >_< Oh well, like others have said, C missions take about five seconds to run though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: malice_nyc on 2007-05-12 18:12 ]</font>

Esaxe
May 13, 2007, 03:54 AM
Oh that's nothing bad at all. You made an honest mistake, it happens. On the other hand, I had a ForteTecher named Star finish one of my buff parties. Which isn't all that great in itself, except that she had been in a buff party of mine the day before. Followed her into CB to inform her she was a noob and then proceeded to blacklist her.

Ithildin
May 13, 2007, 06:19 AM
God, what a moron... Like most have said... just start up another party and don't waste your time slagging somone off... tho some may think it, its not life, its a game ffs

Mutt12
May 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
I don't see why people are getting so uptight about a freakin' game in the first place. I mean how hard is it for a high level person to just start the mission back up and make their way back to the PP charge cube?

Speaking of buff parties, am I the only one that sees this as 'cheating'?

Sychosis
May 13, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-05-13 10:02, Mutt12 wrote:

Speaking of buff parties, am I the only one that sees this as 'cheating'?

You are not alone. In fact, if anyone has ever been hit by level 21+ buffs, they should delete their characters and go die in a ditch.

</sarcasm>

Esaxe
May 13, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-05-13 10:27, Sychosis wrote:

You are not alone. In fact, if anyone has ever been hit by level 21+ buffs, they should delete their characters and go die in a ditch.

</sarcasm>

You're right, he isn't alone. ST is on his side, they are putting a stop to our buff parties. He should be happy.

It really is a pity though. Buff parties are a large factor in what separates the dedicated FO and the lazy FO. We spend countless hours to level our buffs so that they the most useful. Why do we do it? To help you. But it appears you aren't grateful to our time or want our help. So we'll take our level 21+ buffs, debuffs, and heals to players that appreciate them.

Before anyone decides to say "It's just a game, don't get so serious about it." Please follow Sychosis' idea of dieing in a ditch. This is an MMO. If you don't take it seriously, you suck and more importantly your character sucks.

villenium
May 13, 2007, 02:04 PM
Games primarily, in my opinion, should be about fun though. Not everyone is time-rich and it's nice to think that PSU is a game that everyone who plays it should be able to enjoy.

For me, when a game is a grind rather than a fun thing to do - it's not a game anymore. I get paid to do things I don't necessarily enjoy doing i.e. my job, I don't get paid to play PSU.

If you are that deadly serious and dedicated, lock your party and then it's right and proper that people in your party play as you would like them to.

Ithildin
May 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
Esaxe... Just because I believe that ppl shouldn't get too uptight, doesn't mean I don't take the game seriously... I enjoying playing PSU just as much as any other... I just wouldn't go around slagging players off for making innocent mistakes... Amen to what villenium said above.

HerdsmanOfYrr
May 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
i say this if it is a buff party why bother going to the end...second if i see an open buff party that is at the end it is begging to be finished off

DikkyRay
May 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
LOL i'd be the dick that ruins buff parties for the hell of it

amtalx
May 14, 2007, 09:59 PM
My buff parties have one rule. Techers only. If some hunter waltzes in, I ask them to state their business and if I'm not satisfied with the answer...you just bought yourself a 1-way ticket to the lobby. That also goes for Techers that walk towards the final door. If you are hosting a buff party its your responsibility to protect it.