PDA

View Full Version : AOI Demo for US Players?

Ethan-Waber
May 12, 2007, 11:28 AM
Just wondering if the US players on XBOX 360 will be able to download the demo of AOI... Since JP got too...

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-12 09:41 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
May 12, 2007, 11:38 AM
God damnit I hate misleading titles. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2007-05-12 09:38 ]</font>

Ryna
May 12, 2007, 12:19 PM
At the moment, nothing has been announced about a US beta/trial/demo.

gambit04
May 12, 2007, 12:32 PM
lol misleading titles FTW

Of course we aren't going to get it americans aren't important to ST...obviously >.>

Emrald
May 12, 2007, 01:22 PM
Of course. We just give them money, nothing else.

Kimil
May 12, 2007, 01:32 PM
Lol, at least Sega team recognizes that America exists, Canada.... lol

CrimsomWolf
May 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
No offence, but US dropped at least 2 nukes on Japan..... maybe it has something to do with that fact....

Emrald
May 12, 2007, 04:23 PM
That does make sense to.

Sega:What? We have branches in north america and europe? When did we do this?

LOL

Kimil
May 12, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hmmm, so waht your saying is that Canada should drop nukes on Japan? =O

CrimsomWolf
May 12, 2007, 04:28 PM
Errr, no.... What I'm saying is that fact that only demos of PSU are published in Japan, but NOT in US MAY be caused by fact that US dropped nukes on them... so if Canada did the same, it would suffer similar fate (i.e no demos for Canada)

McLaughlin
May 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
We got the PSU demo a week or two before the game came out though, so I don't see your point...

VanHalen
May 12, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-05-12 14:24, Kimil wrote:
Hmmm, so waht your saying is that Canada should drop nukes on Japan? =O

It might help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

l_Will_l
May 12, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-05-12 11:32, Kimil wrote:

umm i dont think that they recongnize america and not canada. they just look at it as north america

Soukosa
May 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
It wasn't a demo or anything. It was merely a beta that they wished to have players test out to get some feedback and to help make sure things are working properly. Obviously, it's gonna be much easier for a company to set up a beta for what it's true intention in their native language. If Sega was an american company, we'd be seeing the beta here in english while the japanese got screwed out of it for the same reason.

On 2007-05-12 14:14, CrimsomWolf wrote:
No offence, but US dropped at least 2 nukes on Japan..... maybe it has something to do with that fact....

I don't think the Japanese are like the Koreans that still haven't forgotten what happened during WWII and are highly racist towards to the Japanese for it.

Akira_R
May 12, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-05-12 15:19, Sounomi wrote:
It wasn't a demo or anything. It was merely a beta that they wished to have players test out to get some feedback and to help make sure things are working properly. Obviously, it's gonna be much easier for a company to set up a beta for what it's true intention in their native language. If Sega was an american company, we'd be seeing the beta here in english while the japanese got screwed out of it for the same reason.

I don't think the Japanese are like the Koreans that still haven't forgotten what happened during WWII and are highly racist towards to the Japanese for it.

I think if I was Japanese, at this point I'd be angrier about Tokyo Drift than some old news.

Niered
May 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-05-12 15:25, Akira_R wrote:

I think if I was Japanese, at this point I'd be angrier about Tokyo Drift than some old news.

QFT. That movie did far more damage to the whole of humanity than 2 nuclear blasts ever could.

Mystil
May 12, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2007-05-12 14:28, CrimsomWolf wrote:
Errr, no.... What I'm saying is that fact that only demos of PSU are published in Japan, but NOT in US MAY be caused by fact that US dropped nukes on them... so if Canada did the same, it would suffer similar fate (i.e no demos for Canada)

I'd like to know why you even bring this up.

Palefire
May 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-05-12 15:47, Niered wrote:

QFT. That movie did far more damage to the whole of humanity than 2 nuclear blasts ever could.

LOL! But Hiro Nakamura made up for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As for the nukes thing...well, I doubt any of the Americans here are blaming ST for Pearl Harbor. We're buying a game from them, aren't we? That sorta puts things in perspective.

l_Will_l
May 12, 2007, 07:05 PM
lol i think the whole "reason we dont get demos is cause of nukes" is absurd. thats all there is to it. and im pretty sure us up here in canada arent getting demos either. so why are ppl putting canada and the U.S. in different catagorys. they consider us NA. lol

ShinAnt
May 12, 2007, 09:22 PM
OKAY WE GET IT! THEY GOT HIT WITH NUKES!!!! MY GOD!!!!

Omega_Weltall
May 13, 2007, 11:50 AM
AoI beta? here? BWAAAHAHAAHHAAAAAAA!! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA what do you think this is?! Japan?! AAAAHAHAHAH......... no we arent getting a AoI beta...well i highly doubt it.

Mystil
May 13, 2007, 12:38 PM
Why the hell would we even need one anyway??? We were all allowed to play the JP AoI beta anyway!

CrimsomWolf
May 13, 2007, 01:53 PM
Then if we have JP beta than what this all fuss is about????????????

Oh, yeah..... some may not understand japanese or something......

StanleyPain
May 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
It should be pointed out they weren't "nukes", they were atom bombs. Big difference.

CrimsomWolf
May 13, 2007, 02:00 PM
Alright, sorry 'bout that...

But they were quite nasty anway....

Sekani
May 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-05-13 10:38, Mystil wrote:
Why the hell would we even need one anyway??? We were all allowed to play the JP AoI beta anyway!

If by "all" you mean roughly 0.1% of PSU's active North American population, then yeah, we all got to play it.

Puppet_Papaya
May 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
SONIC Team! S-O-N-I-C!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Puppet_Papaya on 2007-05-13 13:27 ]</font>

Reginaldo
May 13, 2007, 06:46 PM
This topic is full of dumb and retarded. Japan has been our ally for years. You're really ignorant if you think Sega of Japan has some kind of grudge against North America over what happened over half a century ago. If it bothered them that much they wouldnt "get back at us" by not giving us a beta test of a game that isn't popular in this market. I'm sure they could of figured out something more significant then that.

So please don't mention history again unless you have your facts straight.

ScaryBen
May 13, 2007, 06:54 PM
The whole 'grudge over nuke' thing is ridicules!
The world has moved on a lot in 50 years, and no one cares about past wars to hold grudges. Learn from history, yes, discuss grudges=dumb ><.
Dredging up old ghouls does no good, something a certain chinese person I know needs to learn...(person from RL, not PSU)

Serephim
May 13, 2007, 09:15 PM

XD

CrimsomWolf
May 14, 2007, 08:58 AM
Geez, that was just a silly suggestion, didn't thought that people would be soooo serious about it

Sychosis
May 14, 2007, 08:59 AM
You must use smileys to denote silliness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

omegapirate2k
May 14, 2007, 09:09 AM
On 2007-05-13 12:22, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-05-13 10:38, Mystil wrote:

If by "all" you mean roughly 0.1% of PSU's active North American population, then yeah, we all got to play it.

Go me, being o.1% of the active NA population ftw!

CrimsomWolf
May 14, 2007, 09:16 AM
Riiight simleys.... used by 10-stories high Eldar war demon with 4 stories high sword.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Sure I'll remeber next time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryoten
May 14, 2007, 09:49 AM
They did give some ppl a trial version of PSU before it came out, so ST might give us a PSU:AoI trial version.

Lyrise
May 14, 2007, 09:57 AM
The problem is, that trial you speak of was a closed beta, so it's not accessible to the public.

Ryoten
May 14, 2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, forgot about that. Only a FEW selected ppl get to play it. I hope ST looks at PSOW & choose some of us here.