PDA

View Full Version : The love of Bruce missions has died?

Rand0mPhil
May 13, 2007, 10:49 AM
Why does nobody do bruce missions anymore? they rocked, no long ago there used to be tons of people doing bruce runs and i loved doin it for the mission points obviously, then i got to fighgunner. Now though, i just recently got bored of being a fighgunner so i wanted to be fortefighter...then realizing that my hunter lvl was 7 and i had to get some mission points quick. Then i searched for people to do bruce missions....uni 1...standing outside of the guardians branch....nobody there. i was astonished to see that nobody wishes to do bruce missions anymore. if anyone does want to do bruce missions, please add my gamercard and send me a message so i can add you.
Gamer card : Random phil
character name : T- Bone

Scion
May 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
S2 Missions killed him.

Bruce really didn't stand a chance... x_X

VanHalen
May 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
People who did that mission became EVIL!

Cz
May 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
i cant solo with Bruce though...if Bruce's Mission has some kinda S rank [b] drop, then there might be a little hope of people playing.

pikachief
May 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
i never played bruce >.>

Garnet_Moon
May 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
It may take a little longer, but I like Crimson Beast, Raimbow Beast, and Mad Breasts.

Bruce's is cute, but you can lose in half a second. Same mistake in Mad Beasts and all you lose is a Scape Doll. Which everybody has because they are responsible players.

Scion
May 13, 2007, 10:54 AM
On 2007-05-13 08:51, VanHalen wrote:

And that's MY reason why I stopped doing that mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It brought out the bad side in most people. Wasn't fun dealing with people who bitched a fit when people (in particular, me) died. X_X

So, I went to other places BEFORE Bruce wasn't cool anymore! XD

jayster
May 13, 2007, 10:55 AM
I lagged out of half the missions some reason. I liked the challenge but it got annoying. Now bruce S2 will be sickk.

Cz
May 13, 2007, 10:55 AM
not to mention those buff-up Bil de Bear can knock someone out in 1 critical hit...lol.

Garnet_Moon
May 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-05-13 08:55, jayster wrote:
I lagged out of half the missions some reason. I liked the challenge but it got annoying. Now bruce S2 will be sickk.

The only thing I loved about Bruce's was the music. Now, if they would just throw some more old school music into other stages and missions, maybe even randomly spawning music each level, then that'd be awesome...

Cz
May 13, 2007, 10:58 AM
i wonder how Bruce gonna survive in S2...>.>; Must babysit him again...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VanHalen
May 13, 2007, 11:00 AM
On 2007-05-13 08:54, Hikaru-san wrote:

And that's MY reason why I stopped doing that mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It brought out the bad side in most people. Wasn't fun dealing with people who bitched a fit when people (in particular, me) died. X_X

So, I went to other places BEFORE Bruce wasn't cool anymore! XD

Same here. I did a little bit of runs on that mission. Gave up doing it since people were suck jerks to others. I ended up exploring Moatoob, doing history lessons on Neudaiz, jogging around Parum, and talking in the colony http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif . Some how I got to fF the fun way.

pikachief
May 13, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-05-13 08:55, jayster wrote:
I lagged out of half the missions some reason. I liked the challenge but it got annoying. Now bruce S will be sickk.

FIXED

amtalx
May 13, 2007, 11:04 AM
Personally, I always found having to babysit an NPC a pain. Bruce is about as sharp as a basketball. I'll only go back to Bruce if they fix the AI.

Shiryuu
May 13, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-05-13 08:53, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Mad Breasts.

Where is that mission located?

Shiro_Ryuu
May 13, 2007, 11:07 AM
Bruce's Dungeon promoted elitism, which is definitley a bad thing. People would be yelling at me things like "USE FIRE ON THE BERDS!"(well, this is the most valid one cuz those Lapuchas are scary), "GO AFTER THE DAMN VEARS!", "DON"T USE KNOCKBACKS!". I'm glad that S2 missions and Crimson Beast came along, I was never a fan of Bruce's Death = Mission Failed concept.

Eleina
May 13, 2007, 11:13 AM

OMG so that's the reason i became EVIL....i knew i shouldn't have spammed it so much x.x

Mayu
May 13, 2007, 11:21 AM
Never look into the beer drinking newman eyes, It is said that once you look into them.. It shall be the last thing you see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif!!!

S2 missions are better, not anoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif is what killed bruce

ZodiacNKnight
May 13, 2007, 11:29 AM
Bruce missions did quite bring the ass out of some people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Rashiid
May 13, 2007, 11:44 AM
Bruce does and always will suck.

Packrat
May 13, 2007, 11:44 AM
Agreed. Once I got stalked for like 5 minutes by someone because I took a wrong turn somewhere and made the group lose the S rank. In fact the party leader just left the party rather than take an A (causing the mission to be cancelled right when the time for S passed). Then the stalker basically walked around telling me how stupid I was for 3-5 minutes.. >_>;

But yeah some parties were completely elitist. "wtf u not using +10s of the right elements gtfo", "knockbacks and you get booted", "why r u not on vent, we cant coordinate like this". Urgh. Nevermore will I return to Bruce's..

ShinMaruku
May 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
Aww I wanted to get my game on in there....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-05-13 10:03 ]</font>

Nobo
May 13, 2007, 12:27 PM
Nobody does it because labs has a better reward and theres almost no way to not get an S rank unless a noob forgets to bring scapes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Mystil
May 13, 2007, 12:36 PM
WITH non NOOB team it will be better than lab in terms of MP/hr.

Anyway, I only used bruce to get my force to F10 and switch to FT. I never went back after that. Missions that are potentially easy always draw stupid players who screw up in the most YOU'D THINK IT'D NEVER HAPPEN impossible ways.

Sekani
May 13, 2007, 01:23 PM
Bruce was OK for the first few days while everyone was still learning the mission. After the first week, if you didn't have every spawn and switch memorized no one wanted anything to do with you. I happened to be one of those inexperienced Bruce runners and was turned off from that mission pretty quickly.

Garnet_Moon
May 13, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-05-13 11:23, Sekani wrote:
Bruce was OK for the first few days while everyone was still learning the mission. After the first week, if you didn't have every spawn and switch memorized no one wanted anything to do with you. I happened to be one of those inexperienced Bruce runners and was turned off from that mission pretty quickly.

That's about the size of it. I've only done Bruce's maybe 10 times? Maybe 15? Won maybe 7 of them.

If ya deviate from hugging the right wall for the correct turn, you get booted.

Garanz-Baranz
May 13, 2007, 01:40 PM
I ditched Bruces because of the slowdown megaload...

And the Elitist idiot's...

And the Consiquences of failing...

Nia
May 13, 2007, 11:23 PM
i made love to Bruce then he told me never to come around ever again so i didnt

MrNomad
May 14, 2007, 12:06 AM
The music was the only thing i saw as great. If you dont have 3 other players in your team then, have fun trying to guess which circle to stand on to keep the flow going =P

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 08:19 AM
On 2007-05-13 21:23, Nia wrote:
i made love to Bruce then he told me never to come around ever again so i didnt

That's disturbing ><

omegapirate2k
May 14, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-05-13 09:00, VanHalen wrote:
Same here. I did a little bit of runs on that mission. Gave up doing it since people were suck jerks to others.

Besides having a regular group to run with, that was my problem.

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 09:29 AM
On 2007-05-14 07:27, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-05-13 09:00, VanHalen wrote:
Same here. I did a little bit of runs on that mission. Gave up doing it since people were suck jerks to others.

Besides having a regular group to run with, that was my problem.

I was lucky enough to know ppl which could insure success everytime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Africa
May 14, 2007, 10:21 AM
Their was never anylove for Bruce's, at least for me. I mean that mission was fun but you had to many hurdles if you weren't playin with a regular group or just some friends.
good
quick,easy, and different at that time.
good payout and mp
could be very entertaining
bad
took forever to form random party (not a good idea)
someone almost always lagged out (even on 360)
BRUCE IS DUMB AS ROCKS (major reason)
you couldn't be a any kinda techer near there without being swarmed by random invites to bruce b runs were they wanted you to babysit bruce .
O and lab and such killed bruce with the big payouts ,frags, and "rares".

chibiLegolas
May 14, 2007, 12:59 PM
So no one's up for any challenges anymore?
No C-mode fans around?
Come on, it's been ages since we've played this, no?
We got a higher level cap and UPA were released. It should be easier to acomplish an S now, no?