PDA

View Full Version : Your feelings on our new S ranks drop rate ^^

Eleina
May 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to know what everyone thinks about the drop rate on our brand new S rank!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-05-13 13:07 ]</font>

pikachief
May 13, 2007, 02:59 PM
i actually think they are pretty good for S ranks!! (at least compared to our previous S-ranks)

even though i havent seen one drop, to know that more than 15 has dropped in a little over 2 days, i say thats pretty good.

Jet1337
May 13, 2007, 03:02 PM
They need to drop more often!!!

-Ryuki-
May 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
They're not supposed to drop often. If they did, everyone would have 'em.
That's not how drops, let alone RARE drops, are supposed to be.

VanHalen
May 13, 2007, 03:04 PM
I don't meet lvl requirements ><

-Ryuki-
May 13, 2007, 03:07 PM
Wait, I thought Sano was over lvl 60? o_O;

Urtri
May 13, 2007, 03:29 PM
i dont meet any lvl requirments at the moment but i do feel from what i have heard that most S Ranks drop at a Fair rate but a few (in my opinion and from what i know could do with dropping more often.

Example Twin Snake [B] drops from Go Vahra's and theres plenty of em to find and kill however Sweet Death [B] drops from Gol Tova with only 1 or 3 a Run (not sure never done Mad Beast above B rank)

Sekani
May 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
From what I can tell they drop at about the same rate as 9-star stuff in our current S/S2 missions. Not abysmal, but not too common either.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 13, 2007, 03:34 PM
Well, so far not good for me, I haven't gotten a single rare yet, but not like I'm giving up or anything like that.

Mayu
May 13, 2007, 03:39 PM
-_- The deformed chicken isn't dropingm y Fukkkkkyouuuu claws -cries-

Eleina
May 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-05-13 13:39, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
-_- The deformed chicken isn't dropingm y Fukkkkkyouuuu claws -cries-

o.0;; Keep hunting i'm sure they'll drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

On 2007-05-13 13:42, LozengeofLove wrote:
He claims to have worked hard for his crea doubles. lol (he was a male beast btw..err...)

Crea doubles have a extremely low drop rate compared to the new S ranks...he can still be proud!!!(and what's wrong with him being a male beast)

(So far Annoyed is ahead in the polls but this was to be expected...More Beer & Pie I say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-05-13 13:46 ]</font>

LozengeofLove
May 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
Some guy on Uni 1 was complaining about the drop rates. Saying that he was planning to quit the game soon because Sega is making it too easy for everyone to get an S Rank weapon. He claims to have worked hard for his crea doubles. lol (he was a male beast btw..err...)

-Ryuki-
May 13, 2007, 03:47 PM
Deformed chicken? You mean the Jarba? XD;

Sexy_Raine
May 13, 2007, 03:48 PM
If this is bad, then I'd hate to what getting the 11 star stuff is going to be like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-05-13 13:49 ]</font>

Mayu
May 13, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-05-13 13:47, RyukiZero wrote:
Deformed chicken? You mean the Jarba? XD;

no no the other one, Kamtoze w/e http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RedX
May 13, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-05-13 13:04, VanHalen wrote:
I don't meet lvl requirements ><

VanHalen
May 13, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-05-13 13:07, RyukiZero wrote:
Wait, I thought Sano was over lvl 60? o_O;

48 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Golto
May 13, 2007, 04:40 PM
Most 11* stuff so far on the JPN pc/ps2 are boss box only except the Bil De Axe board. So they will be pretty rare. I'd like them to drop a little bit more. Only 1 in 30+ runs so far for me but a friend did get another sweet death 2 runs after I left last night lol.

jayster
May 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
I'v done about 25 runs and seen 1 dropped so I think they're alright. Id hate to see everyone running around wiht a full palette of S ranks o.O

pikachief
May 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
i've done 2 and a half days full of runs and i've seen 2 evil twins and a rapier drop so far :/

jayster
May 13, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-05-13 14:43, pikachief wrote:
i've done 2 and a half days full of runs and i've seen 2 evil twins and a rapier drop so far :/

you never invite me to run wiht you when you're on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I was really mad yesterday because a evil twins and kubara wood dropped at the same time and I got kubara wood :'(

9lotus
May 13, 2007, 04:50 PM
30+ runs, not a single s-rank seen

Sylpheed
May 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
Me and my group have done well over 40+ runs and we havent seen a single S rank board drop the best weve had is about 5 Ga-Misaki boards off those dam volfu's.

I absolutely hate the fact that these boards although fairly common for rare weapons drop completely on the basis of luck,no im not talking about photon fortune im talking about the mythical luck that any person has in life. ive constantly been hearing stories about people getting lucky and finding the new boards after like one run and get super lucky whereas theres me sat there doing mad beasts countless times not even catching a glimpse of one of the boards, but oh well you win some you lose some.

p.s- on another note wtf is up with the vahra's, there is no where near enough of them in mad beasts, i want my two-headed ragnus!!

Ether
May 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-05-13 13:03, RyukiZero wrote:
They're not supposed to drop often. If they did, everyone would have 'em. That's not how drops, let alone RARE drops, are supposed to be.

On 2007-05-13 14:41, jayster wrote:
Id hate to see everyone running around wiht a full palette of S ranks o.O

On 2007-05-13 13:42, Some guy on Uni 1 said:
Sega is making it too easy for everyone to get an S Rank weapon.

Its like watching a man beat his wife, then she turns around to defend him and say its alright

My opinion: The drop rates on the boards suck, the drop rate on the materials suck, the 24 hour synth sucks, the chance of success is alright, but given all the crap you have to do before that, they should just make it 100%.

I remember the days of PSO when you could easily find 1 or 2 nine star rares doing ult forest. PSO had unique looking weapons that were common, some that were semi-rare, and some with abysmally low drop rates. Since apparently PSU has no rares, Sega decided to set everything to abysmally rare this time, drag the releases out over a year, and the playerbase seems to have no problem with this

Akira_R
May 13, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-05-13 15:00, Ether wrote:

On 2007-05-13 13:03, RyukiZero wrote:
They're not supposed to drop often. If they did, everyone would have 'em. That's not how drops, let alone RARE drops, are supposed to be.

On 2007-05-13 14:41, jayster wrote:
Id hate to see everyone running around wiht a full palette of S ranks o.O

On 2007-05-13 13:42, Some guy on Uni 1 said:
Sega is making it too easy for everyone to get an S Rank weapon.

Its like watching a man beat his wife, then she turns around to defend him and say its alright

My opinion: The drop rates on the boards suck, the drop rate on the materials suck, the 24 hour synth sucks, the chance of success is alright, but given all the crap you have to do before that, they should just make it 100%.

I remember the days of PSO when you could easily find 1 or 2 nine star rares doing ult forest. PSO had unique looking weapons that were common, some that were semi-rare, and some with abysmally low drop rates. Since apparently PSU has no rares, Sega decided to set everything to abysmally rare this time, drag the releases out over a year, and the playerbase seems to have no problem with this

*insert "zomg this isn't pso lol get over it" response here*

But seriously, I'm not high eough to do S missions or anything, but from what I've heard and seen I completely agree with this.

Soukosa
May 13, 2007, 05:27 PM
Mats are hard to get now but later on, in more difficult missions and areas, they'll be much easier to get. You can't expect stuff like this to drop like candy in the curren missions. The boards themselves may also be hard to get now but it's only lv 100~105 enemies. Imagine what they'll be like when you're well over lv 100 yourself down the road. Things are rough now since they were just introduced and they're top of the line.

fronebullare
May 13, 2007, 05:39 PM
I dont like the drop rates on these things, and the fact that we cant synth them since its not on the legal weapons list,*sigh* sega does it again!. Sounomi is right though . Later on in the game, stuff like this will drop like varista haha.

Neith
May 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
Meh, they're rare enough. I don't know what magic you guys all use, but S-Ranks avoid me like the plague.

I'd go with 'omgwtf SJS rare' at the minute, seeing as I'm still yet to see a single one drop.

jayster
May 13, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-05-13 16:17, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Meh, they're rare enough. I don't know what magic you guys all use, but S-Ranks avoid me like the plague.

I'd go with 'omgwtf SJS rare' at the minute, seeing as I'm still yet to see a single one drop.

My magic is never getting a single S weapon or A unit for 500+ hours of hunting and then one day find an S rank board while doing a solo. I have been repaid finally.

PMB960
May 13, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-05-13 15:39, fronebullare wrote:
I dont like the drop rates on these things, and the fact that we cant synth them since its not on the legal weapons list,*sigh* sega does it again!.

Thats not true. Hikaru has and was using an Uransara when I played today. Chances are if it does happen its only for the Deva-zashi. I think that guy just got unlucky and had some wierd glitch occur.

Mayu
May 13, 2007, 07:07 PM
Or it turned into a Scape doll and he never noticed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif *giggle*

Rashiid
May 13, 2007, 07:32 PM
not one so far here (seen drop)

natewifi
May 13, 2007, 09:21 PM
You guys keep talking about how you did runs for 2 days, and talk about the drops are bad? Wtf? First of all, its rare stop expecting it to appear right off the bat every 6 runs, not only that but it doesnt even matter how many runs you do so where are you going with saying you did this and that and still no S rank board.

Most of you talk about how you didnt get this and that in such a short amount of time, the S ranks JUST CAME OUT, WHAT IS THE RUSH? Get out more if you have nothing else to do in PSU other than spend 3 days worth of gameplay trying to find a weak ass 10* S rank, thats going to be left on your room desk to collect dust 2 weeks from now, when 11* weapons are availabe.

Mayu
May 13, 2007, 09:32 PM
You need to stop attacking people, mr, I go attack people in every thread I get in opportunity on, If they wanna bitch let them bitch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, How about YOU go outside instead of looking at the boards all day long waiting to ''Attack''/flame people <3 thank you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-05-13 19:46 ]</font>

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-05-13 19:32, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
You need to stop attacking people, mr, I go attack people in every thread I get in opportunity on, If they wanna bitch let them bitch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, How about YOU go outside instead of looking at the boards all day long waiting to ''Attack''/flame people <3 thank you

<3 Rena!!
Over 50% of the people who voted aren't happy with the drop...against a weak amount of happy/satisfied ppl. Fun fun fun!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
At least rares seem to remain rare for a lot of people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarbolord
May 14, 2007, 07:50 AM
"Deformed chicken "

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD OMG that made me lmho (laugh my head off)

Neith
May 14, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-05-13 19:21, natewifi wrote:
You guys keep talking about how you did runs for 2 days, and talk about the drops are bad?

I was actually referring to not seeing an S-Rank drop since the release of PSU, be it Crea Doubles, Halarod, whatever. Considering the stupid amount of LLS/LLS2 runs I did looking for Deljaban Blades and the Halp Serafi board, I thought I'd have seen a Crea Doubles by now, but no.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 12:26 PM
You'd expect after 20-30 hours of hunting, you'd find something.

You guys keep talking about how you did runs for 2 days, and talk about the drops are bad? Wtf? First of all, its rare stop expecting it to appear right off the bat every 6 runs, not only that but it doesnt even matter how many runs you do so where are you going with saying you did this and that and still no S rank board.

Most of you talk about how you didnt get this and that in such a short amount of time, the S ranks JUST CAME OUT, WHAT IS THE RUSH? Get out more if you have nothing else to do in PSU other than spend 3 days worth of gameplay trying to find a weak ass 10* S rank, thats going to be left on your room desk to collect dust 2 weeks from now, when 11* weapons are availabe.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 14, 2007, 12:39 PM

Everyone's rushing for their S ranks because these missions will be taken out once Fire Break releases, Nate. So if they don't get these now, then there's no telling if Fire break will re-release these missions soon enough to retrieve the weapons/armor once again.

There's people whom are fanatic about rare hunting. That's what draws attention most towards players and one of the main reasons that strives the game to continue. This has been a release that people have been awaiting for so their actions towards hunting for these is nothing surprising. It was a long wait for these items since nothing really new has came out in a long time. This is their start of new things, and that's why everyone's excited. So you don't need to weight them down with negative comments.

There was never any statements about 11* items coming out two weeks from what's currently released. Even though A grinders will make A weapons surpass some 10* weapon's power, it still makes 10* weapons unique since it's a rare item afterall. No one would be stupid to leave what they've hunted for so long in their storage. I guarantee it would be carried around in their inventory to show one another, and by passers whom seek the same item.

I don't understand why you're really stating this. You know you're lurking in a Phantasy Star Universe forum, right? Need I remind you that this is a community where all the Phantasy star players come to talk about their days in the game? No one wants people to come in to tell them to go get out, so your argument is pretty much flawed.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
Doesn't he normally have flawed arguments anyway?

Yoshiflash
May 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
Crea Doubles is a rare. S rank doesn't MEAN rare. Right now we're hunting for the flowens swords and DB sabers of this game.

Uncommon drops from common enemies. They're only as rare as they are because of the current lvl cap > enemy lvl ratio. In the future when we're all 120 and soloing these missions in 10 min. these will be junk.

Crea doubles howver are true "rares" and will continue to be even though we can rock out the stages that drop em in no time.

Yeah , I know all this has been said before somewhere.

Alkaar
May 14, 2007, 03:07 PM
I think the drop rate is ideal. The boards drop and you have even more of a chance for them to drop since they are creature drops instead of rare spawn or boss box drops.

Jakosifer
May 14, 2007, 03:10 PM
The drop rate is perfect.

haruna
May 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
Regular Monster S-rank drops seem OK for the most. Boss monster S-ranks? BAH. There were what, 4 Halarods in all of 360land when everyone was spamming Eastern Peril S2 like crazy? That's just stupid.

The new Mad Beasts S2 is dropping them at a much more reasonable rate.

amtalx
May 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-05-14 12:59, Yoshiflash wrote:
Crea Doubles is a rare. S rank doesn't MEAN rare. Right now we're hunting for the flowens swords and DB sabers of this game.

Uncommon drops from common enemies. They're only as rare as they are because of the current lvl cap > enemy lvl ratio. In the future when we're all 120 and soloing these missions in 10 min. these will be junk.

Crea doubles howver are true "rares" and will continue to be even though we can rock out the stages that drop em in no time.

Yeah , I know all this has been said before somewhere.

I keep telling myself this because it happened on PSO too. But it just takes so looooong to get to that point. Feels that way at least.

Neith
May 14, 2007, 03:18 PM
If these rares we're hunting now are the DB's Sabers of PSU, I dread to think what 11-12* will be like.

At least PSO had some rares you could, you know, find?

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 03:19 PM
omg if we are hunting for the DB saber i don't wanna imagine the future S ranks ><...
Poll says 60% of ppl are unhappy vs 20% who are content...lets see how this goes...

drakkula
May 14, 2007, 04:06 PM
40runsX6players per run....so your chances to actually get a rare(not see one!) is 1 in 240......if you are lucky enough=p

Yoshiflash
May 14, 2007, 04:10 PM
even this game has already made one of these transitions.

deljabaner/ del jagnus anyone?

Id say the new weapons aren't THAT much more uncommon than these were when they came out. If at all.

Heck I saw a Stormline on my second run.

jayster
May 14, 2007, 04:11 PM
I actually think they are dropping a bit to frequently. I wish they were dropped like dulk fakis S ranks. I dont want to see everyone I party with have a palette of S ranks.

physic
May 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
I dont care if i see people with palletes of s ranks, really these s ranks should be not impossible, these are not the sealed j swords of the game. And as far as pso having unique rares. maybe by teh time GC came out, but pso dreamcast started out with a pretty small list of rares, that were all pretty hard to get. easiest was prolly green claw or doublesaber. all teh rest of teh weapons looked the same yes dragon slayer looked exactly like a calibur with a rainbow photon edge. it wasnt until like 3 to 4 upgrades later there was the wealth of rare weapons that you saw. (pso, pso ver 2, pso ep i and ii) which in this case would be equvalent to like 2 or 3 expansions later. by that time, im sure that your halarod will be an item you go meh too.

of course i dunno if these items will ever be super easy, looks like teh expansion has a bunch of new a ranks added. and jobs still have A and S as their limiters, could just give more varied 10-15 star items and you get em different places so who can say.

Rashiid
May 14, 2007, 04:49 PM
i might just round up cash, and wait for one for sale.

RadiantLegend
May 14, 2007, 04:55 PM
I dont like it.

I want my dam claw already

Mayu
May 14, 2007, 05:39 PM
NO MY CLAW!! -Shoots Ragol muahahahha, The deformed chicken thing shall drop MY claws! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Soukosa
May 14, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-05-14 14:10, Yoshiflash wrote:
even this game has already made one of these transitions.

deljabaner/ del jagnus anyone?

Id say the new weapons aren't THAT much more uncommon than these were when they came out. If at all.

Heck I saw a Stormline on my second run.

These aren't the crappy rares that we saw alot in PSO, far from it. These are to be lower end of the top of the line gears in the game. You also can't compare these to the Deljabaner and Del Jagnus either, which are B ranks after all.

They're gonna be a bit on the common side you still have to make them and you still have to get a decent percent on them (for melee weapons and armors at least) for them to be worth using over A ranks.

Just because you got a rare on your second run doesn't make them common rares. Hell, I got a Holy Ray on my 2nd run through Ult Caves and that was hardly an easy drop to get. I knew someone that spent hundreds of runs trying to get one. It's just luck of draw.

Rashiid
May 14, 2007, 08:10 PM
yeah its all random.

cauz Crea Doubles are NOT that rare, considered they are still the most common S rank on the 360 servers (that and Halarod)

Eleina
May 15, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-05-14 18:10, Rashiid wrote:
yeah its all random.

cauz Crea Doubles are NOT that rare, considered they are still the most common S rank on the 360 servers (that and Halarod)

Crea doubles will be way rarer on 360 after a having these new S2 missions for a while...

Yoshiflash
May 15, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-05-14 18:10, Rashiid wrote:
yeah its all random.

Well, I dunno how many people have doubles on 360, but considering how fast you can blow through the enemies that drop em I consider em pretty dam rare.
They've been out for how long? Not one single person I play with has seen a board drop.

The new weapons have been out like 4 days and tons of people have em already, check the trade boards and the "I found" topics all over.

Oh yeah, the topic.

I'm perfectly happy with the drop rate. Sega has to string us along somehow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-15 12:48 ]</font>

TorterraEndor
May 16, 2007, 06:09 PM
On 2007-05-14 13:18, UrikoBB3 wrote:
If these rares we're hunting now are the DB's Sabers of PSU, I dread to think what 11-12* will be like.

At least PSO had some rares you could, you know, find?

Off the front page, only a day old.

Do you even see the irony here? Sealed J Sword says hi, well, no, it doesn't. You never found it ;o

jayster
May 16, 2007, 06:53 PM
I am horribly dissapointed in how often they drop. Theyr S ranks and we're seeing them drop as frequently as A ranks practically. Now if we had many many more S ranks on each level then maybe this drop rate would be justified.

Take halarod for example, before this update it was a great honor to get one. Now if you have one its just like.... well u had a couple mil meseta to spare or u ran mad beast for like a day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-05-16 16:56 ]</font>

pikachief
May 16, 2007, 07:26 PM
ok these arent dropping enough! i still have yet to see an S rank board drop!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGG!!!!!!

Shiro_Ryuu
May 16, 2007, 08:37 PM
Man, i'm hunting like crazy and I haven't seen a single board drop yet. Man, this is really getting on my nerves. ._.