PDA

View Full Version : how do you get your power leveling done?

majan
May 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
with most of us having a main that is 80 or close to it,and one or several alts that are getting there,how did you get there?

people who started in the beginning like myself and abunch of us here had it pretty tough,but now there are a lot of missions that are good and spammable for good exp all the way for 80,but,we dont talk about this that much...so lets spill the beans and talk about what's BEST.

heres wat I used for my alt...
levels 1-20 dragon and sleeping warriors c,with a hint of VOC.HIVE B/C also worked pretty well if you have someone to help you breeze through.
20-40 crimson beast mostly(not cus I like the mission,but because its the only damn place you are guarnateed a party >.<)also,eastern peril,some tunnel recapture B.
40-now has been mostly more crimson beast,little bit of forested islands S,and once I hit 50(which will be soon..like..in a few hours..),I guess itll be more crimson beast,cept on S.once I hit 55 though Im putting him on cruise control and starting my beast protranser,because then I have my choice of S2's-eastern peril,which is awesome for everything,and seabed,which is sick for misison points and money.hopefully in another week or 2 Ill be at 55,since lister is still the main main on my squad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

so what did you guys use?maybe by the end of this we can get some kind of guide together to post as a speed leveling guide or easy exp guide...something to that effect...to help all those who are trying to raise an alt in a timely fashion...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

jayster
May 13, 2007, 06:32 PM
When I made my alt, we didnt have crimson beast so from level 1-20 I did vally carnage and hive. Then 20-35 I did bruce C. Then at 35-60 I did crimson beast( This came out right around lv 35 for my alt)/ lab recovery.

PMB960
May 13, 2007, 06:38 PM
For level 70+ Rainbow Beast S2 is a really good option. Rainbow Beast gives out damn near 20K per run so its really easy to gain levels plus the fact that you can find S ranks there.

DonRoyale
May 13, 2007, 07:11 PM
Dryhumping Crimson Beast until my nose bleeds, and after.

And having a shitload of fun doing so.

majan
May 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
crimson beast is a good mission i wont lie.but it gets fuckin tiring especially when people spam it so damn much.

and yes,rainbow beast is FUCKING MINT when it comes to exp.only thing that is / will be better is probably hive becuase when s2 of that comes out its gonna be sexual experience,along iwth tunnel recapture s2--expect roughly 26-30k per run,and also desert goliath s2 (whenever it hits) will also likely be rather good.grove of fanatics s2 too will be fuckin awesome.lets add,shall we?

55+ we can spam the living hell out of lab recovery/eastern peril s2(the better of the 2 for experience),then desert goliath S and tunnel recapture S/S2,also,rainbow beast S2.

desert goliath gives roughly 20k per run on S,Ive been told.havent finished an entire run of it yet myself so I cant testify for sure,but thers a lot of people on this board who swear by it so Ill take thier word for it.
tunnel recapture S gives at least 15k per run.
S2 tunnel recapture gives at least 25k per run--stress the at least.
eastern peril S2 gives 12-15k per run,but its very easy to spam with a good party.you will get good exp running this mission a few times.
lab recovery S2 gives around 10k per run,plus or minus about 3k depending on big-monster kills.
rainbow beast S2 gives around 17-20K per run.really good mission,plus S rank drops.isnt all that hard either,you can solo it with 2 people and NPC's in about a half hour.only problem is S2 worms = http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif
mad beasts S2 is not exp efficient unless you finish the entire thing-golto confirmed that there are 10 (!!!!!!!) gol dovas in block 3.thats a heck of a lot of exp right there but otherwise throughout the mission,the monsters dont give more than the neudaiz monsters.per run its probably better than the others,but it isnt the mission you run and run again to get exp,I'd say.

keep this goin,by the end,I want to have a nice well roudned list to submit to the site

Tykwa
May 13, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'm new, I just do a little crimson and hive, well acually I do a little bit of everything, I get bored of reapeating everything all the time.

Neith
May 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
The Block 4 Olgohmons (buffed) in Rainbow Beast S2 give 285EXP each, and the leaders give 427. Buffed Kamatoze give 890, and regular mobs give around 160.

It's great for leveling if you are careful. The possibility of S-Rank boards is just a bonus.

majan
May 14, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-05-13 18:39, UrikoBB3 wrote:
The Block 4 Olgohmons (buffed) in Rainbow Beast S2 give 285EXP each, and the leaders give 427. Buffed Kamatoze give 890, and regular mobs give around 160.

It's great for leveling if you are careful. The possibility of S-Rank boards is just a bonus.

yes.block 4 gives roughly at least 7k on its own,if I remember correctly

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 01:54 PM
Desert goliath S....20k minimum per run in 15 minutes with a correct team can't get better than that

Akaimizu
May 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-05-14 11:50, majan wrote:

On 2007-05-13 18:39, UrikoBB3 wrote:

yes.block 4 gives roughly at least 7k on its own,if I remember correctly

If I also remember correctly, those guys can drop loads of meseta on you, when they do drop it. Sometimes, you wonder if the *dropped* meseta from that mission could rival the missions with the plain high completed-mission Meseta awards.

Dealer
May 14, 2007, 02:02 PM
I can't believe no one's mentioned Holy Grounds A/S for levels 30-55.

I can only imagine how easily the exp drops on s2.

Cz
May 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
i just join with random party about the same level as me. I did that most of the time and a few days later i realized my characters were already high level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Usually i will always tag an enemy first then move to the next, so that i can get exp. all the time. That was how i got all my character to high level.

TeKneeK
May 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
Desert Goliath is pro choice. Grina betes give pretty juicy exp (144 on B rank and IIRC 204 on A). Takes me about 25-30 minutes to clear A rank and about 15 for B with my fT, not including magas. Still have 3 or 4 more levels before I hit S rank up.

Kylie
May 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
To power level, I just do the highest level available, focusing on the missions that give the most experience compared to how long they take. I've seen though that it helps to throw in a purpose, whether it be looking for a weapon or unit you want, talking with friends, or just having fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-05-14 12:10 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2007, 02:10 PM
really, the best way to get xp is to hook up with a 4+ person party who is focused on doing missions. I know I spend a good bit of time hanging out in lobbies rather than hunting.

parties increase speed of missions, whic means more XP/hour.

Amalga
May 14, 2007, 02:21 PM
My level 35 spams Dark Satellite C and B (depending on how tired I am) and Unsafe Passage B. I get a fair amount of experience points from both and they're easy for solo runs with decent payout. Not very good for leveling up classes, though.

Jakosifer
May 14, 2007, 03:29 PM
..Well when I was lvl 55 I started spamming Moonlight Beast S, solo'd it for almost 3 days straight and ended up being lvl 63, then I solo'd Holy Ground S alot...Then after that I was just kinda playing until I hit 80. =/

majan
May 14, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-05-14 12:02, Dealer wrote:
I can't believe no one's mentioned Holy Grounds A/S for levels 30-55.

I can only imagine how easily the exp drops on s2.

yes-good point.holy grounds S is fabulous for that level bracket also. only thing is,S2 wont be anythign near wat you think it iwll be,unfortunately.

holy grounds S-lv 75 monsters
holy grounds S2- lv 85 monsters
eastern peril S2- lv 85 monsters, 90 onmagoug
rainbowbeast S2- lv 100 monsters

if you wanna eff with lv 85 monsters, go to eastern peril and hunt a har/quick and a halarod while your at it.holy grounds will just be annoying because EVERYTHIGN is light then youll have to go and set up a dark palette.
by the run,holy grounds might be better than EP though.good luck finding a party to do good runs of that on S2 though. >.<

why the low increase from S>S2?I dont know,but its kinda weird if you ask me.but yeah,by the time you are high enough to do holy grounds S2, there are MUCH better alternatives.

pso123hrf
May 14, 2007, 05:47 PM
1-5 = LL C
5-20 = Hive B
20-30 = Crimson B
30-35 = Crimson A

---------

55-60 + job level = Lab S2
Then afterwards:
Fakis S
Ragnuz S
^ 30k a run ;3

majan
May 15, 2007, 08:36 AM
hmm I didnt know ragnus gives that much.S2 of that mission will be ....
.... fun.....
Im guessing it willl be another mission with 100+ monsters.I hope,but S has level 90 monsters doesnt it?so that would only make sense http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif