PDA

View Full Version : New gameguard patch

Nuclearranger
May 13, 2007, 09:31 PM
Well there was just recently a gameguard patch. On all major and minor PSU hacking sites there activity has been dead forever so... I dont even know what this new GG blocks maybe it improves framerates or somthing...

GGrev 1019 Over 1k now n.n

Well lets hope it continues to do the good job its been doing for awhile.

FUFME
May 13, 2007, 09:36 PM
gameguard sucks, I dont believe it fixes anything

RedX
May 13, 2007, 09:42 PM
It fixes more then you think, the 1K+ ones are quite good in fact. It keeps leeches(what you guys call script kiddies basically) out thats for sure. Though it doesn't stop anyone that knows what they're doing. But most of the time they aren't there to cause problems, etc. more just to experiment. Also, it's not like hacking is a problem anymore >.>

FUFME
May 13, 2007, 09:46 PM
What do you mean not a problem? Peoples personal box's are still being hacked and people loosing their things

Nuclearranger
May 13, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thats not really hacking thats a glitch....

The_Gio
May 13, 2007, 09:50 PM
all the new update has given me is a warning from my antivirus saying what i want to do with the virus it detected, and its a new file.

CelestialBlade
May 13, 2007, 11:22 PM
FUFME, where exactly are you getting your information? I haven't heard of any of that happening within the past few months. I think GameGuard is more formidible than people here give it credit for....yes, any hacker that knows what they're doing can probably get past it, but last I checked, a hacker that knows what they're doing shouldn't have trouble with ANY program like that.

Alamar
May 14, 2007, 03:35 AM
well nothing is 100% nothing. I can say talking only for myself now, That I do see a difference. Not sure what they did don't care to know. Just keep doing it. Look when the 360 came out it had a hack program wrote for it in a weeks time. It don't take long anymore there doing it faster. And it's just a game to them (hacking) test there skills I guess. I don't get it myself. But anyways I see a difference and I'm glad about it. Now if people will just lower there prices to meet the lack of Haxeta then I'll be really happy.Just my take on things I could be wrong.

Mutt12
May 14, 2007, 08:16 PM
After hearing about Gameguard, I'm kinda glad I play the PS2 version. I don't like the idea of a game installing a rootkit without your permission, let alone one that leaves your I/O ports wide open while it attaches itself to all your system files to the point where, if you want to uninstall it, you have to go into the registry and delete every reference to it line by line.