PDA

View Full Version : Will Firebreak Kill our S2 hunting Grounds?

Kimil
May 14, 2007, 01:33 AM
I hear that the Firebreak Event will take away Mad Beasts S2 and Rainbow Beast S2... but I've also heard that the JP servers got the missions back sometime into the event. Is this true?

So, will we loose our S rank Equipment Hunting grounds, or will we have both ? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ether
May 14, 2007, 01:50 AM
We will probably lose them until the planets reach a certain purification level. This is why people bitched on the JP servers about the event, wait 6 months to finally get findable s-ranks, and then Sega takes em away the next week

Alamar
May 14, 2007, 03:39 AM
Yea, as i understand it from reading the boards is that all runs will be taken away. And halfway through they put them back(Japan). Don't know how they will run our version of it though.

Zarbolord
May 14, 2007, 03:46 AM
>.> thats just lame

Dj_SkyEpic
May 14, 2007, 03:48 AM
Well if everyone wants to get their hot spots back, what we will all have to do is purify Parum/Neudais until we finally get back those Rainbow Beast and Mad Beast S2 Missions >;D. ( Hey! I still want to hunt those S ranks as well! Especially the Armors!)~

Ravennittes
May 14, 2007, 04:20 AM
On 2007-05-14 01:48, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Well if everyone wants to get their hot spots back, what we will all have to do is purify Parum/Neudais until we finally get back those Rainbow Beast and Mad Beast S2 Missions >;D. ( Hey! I still want to hunt those S ranks as well! Especially the Armors!)~

I really just want Mad Beasts S2 for another chance at a Halarod (already have one).

Arika
May 14, 2007, 04:57 AM
IF they don't remove these 2 mission out, people will keep hunting their S rank thing and don't help each other to purify the monster in the event. That will be even more lame.

Shiryuu
May 14, 2007, 05:16 AM
Some of the firebreak missions have S-rank stuff. Can't be that bad. I think we gain S-rank Rabol + Daiga-misaki and keep stormline, bajisenba, meteor cannon, halarod, and uransara.

A2K
May 14, 2007, 05:33 AM
There's no way of knowing with absolute certainty at this point whether our event will play out exactly like the Japanese event did, but, for reference here's a listing of free missions and field co-op/party missions that remained and which were removed at the start of the JP event.

Keep in mind that at the mid-point, two more event missions (totalling seven) were added to the Linear Train Platform and Seabed Plant areas on Parum, and (apparently) some of the regular missions were returned. Unfortunately, the official Japanese site does not detail exactly what came back.

Also, keep in mind this says nothing about exactly which drops were removed, or what were event only, etc. The event missions came in only C to A ranks, but I believe the A ranks were equivalent to the usual Difficulty S or S2 and also gave PA Fragments as a reward.

(Someone who actually played during the Japanese event could probably clarify on this.)

[Guardians Colony]
There were no changes to the missions here, as none of the missions available from the colony had any relevance to the event.

Unsafe Passage
Fight for Food
Dark Satellite
SEED Awakened

[Planet Parum]
The purification zone on Parum was initially just the Raffon Meadow area, and as such the existing missions that take place in the area were taken out.

Mad Creatures
Plains Overlord
Sleeping Warriors
Mad Beasts
Crimson Beast
Train Rescue
Lab Recovery
Endrum Remnants
Dual Sentinel

[Neudaiz]
The purification zone on Neudaiz was in the Agata Islands region of the planet. With the removal of Forested Islands, the Shikon Tanze Route lobby and the missions within basically became inaccessible as well.

Mizuraki Defense
Demons Above
Moonlight Beast
Forested Islands
Rainbow Beast
Grove of Fanatics
The Holy Ground
The Eastern Peril
Forest Infiltration

[Moatoob]
Galenigare Canyon was the only area requiring purification on Moatoob.

System Defense
Desert Terror
Valley of Carnage
Mine Defense
Tunnel Recapture
Desert Goliath
Rogues' Shortcut

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-05-14 03:43 ]</font>

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 07:39 AM
This mission removing is kinda annoying >< leaves me only 3 days to hunt for S ranks until the end of the firebreak event...

Zarbolord
May 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
o.o''''''' I just hope we'll get decent rares in the event too (I'll be concentrating on the frying pan anyway XD)

Ravennittes
May 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
I just hope that the purification missions are hard. I want a challange if I'm not gunna be able to do the missions I want to until the month is over.

Golto
May 14, 2007, 09:12 AM
My friend says there's a chance that the lvl 100+ Jishagaras might drop the 10* knuckle board in the lvl 100 monster mission. But since this was a drop change after the illegal item list thingy was made it could have the same problem as the Deva-Zashi.

omegapirate2k
May 14, 2007, 09:21 AM
On 2007-05-14 07:12, Golto wrote:
My friend says there's a chance that the lvl 100+ Jishagaras might drop the 10* knuckle board in the lvl 100 monster mission. But since this was a drop change after the illegal item list thingy was made it could have the same problem as the Deva-Zashi.

Mind you, this only happens on PC/PS2, the 360 version doesn't have the same problem.

Criss
May 14, 2007, 09:24 AM
I don't really care if they remove missions. It's not as if I DID have any S ranks to find as a GT... The Japanese are JUST getting new S2 missions that probably have the S-rank Twins, Crossbows and Machineguns next week. Make that one to two months for us. So whatever, at least it gives me something to do while I wait.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 10:59 AM
Well, S rank single claw is almost as good as S rank twin claw. I have a 50% ice single claw, though, so it'll be much less of an upgrade.

So, there won't be any lv100 Kazatozes in this event? ~~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-05-14 09:00 ]</font>

ShinAnt
May 14, 2007, 11:08 AM
Talk about not being excited for an event.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 11:19 AM
Well, yeah. I myself would rather have a cool weapon than do exactly what I've been doing for the last 65 levels, only with a different background. Of course, having both would be fun.

Golto
May 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
Criss the 10* machinegun board drops from one of those clunky robots in Desert Goliath S2. 2 updates after the Fire Break event for us most likely.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 12:27 PM
Don't we hate machine guns though?

Kimil
May 14, 2007, 12:35 PM
I like them O_o

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 12:38 PM
On 2007-05-14 06:22, Ravennittes wrote:
I just hope that the purification missions are hard. I want a challange if I'm not gunna be able to do the missions I want to until the month is over.

Lol hard....wish there was a hard mission.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 12:38 PM
Ah good, then somebody will get a use out of them. I haven't used them much, so I don't know alot about them. I know they're godly with melee weapons, making them great for fighgunners, but that's just about it.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 12:43 PM
I'd call dieing five times "hard". But then again, maybe it's just a simulation of hard.

chibiLegolas
May 14, 2007, 12:44 PM
Sweet! They're possibly taking off the overused missions EVERYONE seems to populate.
Does this mean I can finally see more ppl playing *gasp*! Other missions?!
O_o

I wanna run the lesser populoar missions like:
Endrum Remnants
Desert Terror
Desert Goliath
Rogues' Shortcut

Come on folks! There's more to the game than rare hunting, no?
How about just running various missions for plain "fun"?
Anyone wanna hop aboard for a Moatoob tour?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 12:48 PM
No, no, rare hunting is basically what made PSO. That and messing around going from forest > ruins. However, there is more to this game than reward / second, in which case I can agree with your statement.

Golto
May 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
I wish ForteGunners could use srank machineguns. I love going all gansta on Jarabs with my Ice Fury.

I think someone made a list of what sranks will drop during these events but i'll try too.

Both A rank missions with lvl 100 monsters are on Parum.

Seabed facility destruction by fire lvl 55 req for A rank

Naval 10* tenora armor board *new
Olgohmon 10* Uransara board
Polavohra 10* Meteor Cannon board

S ranking mission rewards: 10000 meseta| 100 mpts| 2 pa frags

Purification order of moment lvl 65 req for A rank

Ageeta 10* Baji-Senba board
Shagreece 9* Phantom rifle
Polavohra 10* Meteor Cannon board
Volfu 8* ga-maski board
Mizura 8* Ageha-kikami board
Jarba 10* Halarod board
Olgohmon 10* Uransara board
Lapucha 8* Mukfet board
Tengohg 10* Daiga-Misaki board *new
Jishagara 10* Gudda Skela knuckles *new maybe not 100% sure
Zoona 8* Gur Napam board

S ranking mission rewards: 28500 meseta| 285 mpts| 3 pa frags

I think they got these in the middle of the event though.

Rashiid
May 14, 2007, 01:27 PM
yay still S wand!!

Cz
May 14, 2007, 01:42 PM
even if the event remove some missions, i bet most people will enjoy the event anyways. Beside, it is something different after awhile. Dont blame Sega for trying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
May 14, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-05-14 10:38, Eleina wrote:

Try clearing all of the enemies in one of the moatoob missions then. A pack of lv 80s almost couldn't do it on C rank because there's that many enemies in it. It's like a fire version of Absolute Zero on crack with a time limit.

The labs event mission with lv 100 enemies is also supposed to be rather rough. Requiring some decent team work as well (so 90% of the western player base will fail at it).

Kimil
May 14, 2007, 02:23 PM
Okay, I'm fine with the Fire Break again, I just thought there would be no S-ranks at all to find.

Seeing that the Deva-zashi doesn't drop durring this event.... I'm glad I have the board now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm Jinxing myself, I just know it heh, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-05-14 12:05, Sounomi wrote:

Try clearing all of the enemies in one of the moatoob missions then. A pack of lv 80s almost couldn't do it on C rank because there's that many enemies in it. It's like a fire version of Absolute Zero on crack with a time limit.

The labs event mission with lv 100 enemies is also supposed to be rather rough. Requiring some decent team work as well (so 90% of the western player base will fail at it).

Thats good to hear finally a challenge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kimil
May 14, 2007, 02:32 PM
Teamplay hmm?

I'm guessing Wartechers wont be needed then >.> (lol...)

JAFO22000
May 14, 2007, 02:38 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Jakosifer
May 14, 2007, 03:27 PM
Im actually glad those missions are being removed. Or rather, Crimson Beast at least, sick of seeing people there. This event pretty much FORCES them to do something new/different. >>

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-05-14 13:27, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Im actually glad those missions are being removed. Or rather, Crimson Beast at least, sick of seeing people there. This event pretty much FORCES them to do something new/different. >>

Oh don't worry ppl will find the best mission for rewards and spam that for a month and neglect the 2 other planets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jakosifer
May 14, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-05-14 13:29, Eleina wrote:

Oh don't worry ppl will find the best mission for rewards and spam that for a month and neglect the 2 other planets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

o_o Please don't jynx us...I hope the rewards for these missions are ultimately the same. -_-;

landman
May 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
Nobody thinks on the price of the event, I don't know if it has been anounced for US/EU/360 servers but if it is the same we will have 3 star luck for all in various days, increasing the drop rate of any mision (AND REMEMBER THE FRYING PAN!!!! XD)

I don't care for drops, I'll enjoy the new missions

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-05-14 13:31, Jakomay_07 wrote:

On 2007-05-14 13:29, Eleina wrote:

o_o Please don't jynx us...I hope the rewards for these missions are ultimately the same. -_-;

I only speak the truth...the rewards might be the same (possibly) but one mission will stand out as being faster(easier or whatever) and end up attracting all the hungry mp hunters..

JAFO22000
May 14, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-05-14 13:40, Eleina wrote:

I only speak the truth...the rewards might be the same (possibly) but one mission will stand out as being faster(easier or whatever) and end up attracting all the hungry mp hunters..

This is true. Look at the numbers for the JP servers for this event. They really did nothing until the two missions which gave great rewards came out. Then, it seems, they were spammed to death.

Mystil
May 14, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-05-14 12:38, JAFO22000 wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't like the generalizing statement made either, but I agree with it. I probably wont play til the event is over~

cammy17
May 14, 2007, 06:58 PM
Friend of mine told me he completly hijacked the event and just played Lab S2. Supposedly the majority of the JP servers descended on it.

omegapirate2k
May 14, 2007, 07:28 PM
I just want to play that mission with the burning rangers song.

Inazuma
May 14, 2007, 07:34 PM
for the jp event, ST removed every good mission, except for labs S2. therefore, everyone did nothing but labs S2. hell, we really didnt have much of a choice. but later on, not only did they give us back our old missions, they also added some good event missions, actually worth doing.

for the eng ver, as long as sega doesnt remove any existing missions, it should be fine. hopefully they learn from japan's mistake. im interested to see what happens...

Lyrise
May 14, 2007, 09:00 PM

On the plus side, to get S on said mission doesn't require you to slaughter all the monsters, just 131+. This is only achievable through massive abuse of Area damage attacks. That and "grenade/trap against the wall" abuse. That and making sure you always have at least one person run ahead to purify the seed cores so that the pools they generate don't block your path and require you to waste time while you clear them out.

Zorafim
May 15, 2007, 01:03 AM
AoE attacks, huh? Heh, looks like Robado finally gets to have some loving.

Kimil
May 15, 2007, 01:05 AM
haha, more reasons for me to use Renkai http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lyrise
May 15, 2007, 08:56 AM
When I say it was achievable through AoE, I mean wiping out ALL of the enemies. Any party worth their salt should be able to get S on Moatoob at least once, and I do mean party (3 might be able to get S, but duo or single? Forget it, not even on C). 2 things to note though: The first being that your party is capped at 4 members, and the second being that there are 2 paths to choose from. Take your pick, both have different monsters and require different strategies.

Alura
May 15, 2007, 01:20 PM
i dont mind of they do it. kinda hope they do take those missions away. since everyone is stuck doing the same mission over and over. maybe this will change it for a while.

CelestialBlade
May 15, 2007, 07:25 PM
Doesn't it actually make sense that they remove missions? Hello, there's a full-scale SEED invasion going on and you think the Parum meadows are gonna look all cheery and happy at the time? We got a Gurhal system to save here folks, remember why you're Guardians.

After people talk about wanting PSU to have a darker atmosphere, and wanting something new to spice things up....it's a little depressing to see people whining about not being able to spam the same thing over and over. I'm glad to see the upcoming change, I do spam Crimson Beast (because I can't find parties anywhere else) and I'm really getting tired of it. Give me my IMMINENT DOOM missions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif