PDA

View Full Version : Re:special weapons

darkepyonuk
May 14, 2007, 10:20 AM
can you get them offline or are they just online only???

omegapirate2k
May 14, 2007, 10:26 AM
You can get them offline from shops I suppose.

And by special weapons what do you mean, exactly?

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 10:27 AM
What is a special weapon?

darkepyonuk
May 14, 2007, 10:27 AM
well thats what they were called in pso i was just assuming that thats what they were called, you know like durandal etc

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
S rank weapon aka rare weapons are obtainable in both modes (online they drop from monsters and boxs, offline is the same except they can also be bought in shops)

Zarbolord
May 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
S ranks on psu. For offline they'r ein the shops, and the svaltus sword needs to be synthed, some others are found like Daggers of Seraphe in Hive. Online there aren't many and they're hard to find.

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 10:33 AM
On 2007-05-14 08:30, Zarbolord wrote:
S ranks on psu. For offline they'r ein the shops, and the svaltus sword needs to be synthed, some others are found like Daggers of Seraphe in Hive. Online there aren't many and they're hard to find.

Yea online they are way harder to get x.x

omegapirate2k
May 14, 2007, 10:35 AM
On 2007-05-14 08:33, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-14 08:30, Zarbolord wrote:

Yea online they are way harder to get x.x

Strange, I found 2 in one run.

Zorafim
May 14, 2007, 11:18 AM
B and C ranks, I suppose, you could call the normal weapons. Each weapon that comes from the manufacturer looks the same. However, Each manufacturer has a different design, so you could still mix it up up until A rank.

A rank weapons only come from a single manufacturer (until the expansion), and all A ranks coming from that manufacturer look the same (with some exceptions).

S ranks are probably the rare weapons on PSU. Each S rank has a different design, and even have special effects on them.

Offline: B and C ranks can be found in stores. Normally, buying them is enough, but you have to wait until they're released. A ranks can only be synthed, but luckily every A rank and material you could want is NPC buyable after a point. S ranks are bought in stores in the last chapter for a large amount of money, with two exceptions.
The Svaltus sword can only be found after winning the board from Perfect Zero (get an S rank), Winning the Svaltus edge from "What lies in the ruins?" (again, getting an S rank, or finding the rare drop), and finding three kabura woods (hardest part, they're rarely found in "What lies in the ruins" in specific boxes, making them insanely rare for an offline item).
The Daggers of Serafi can be found in the last stage of the game, from I believe the cute monsters of the stage. This makes it much easier to get in extra mode, but still not too hard in story. You can also find the whitill wings on this stage.

Online: Boards and weapons for C and B rank weapons can be found off monsters as the hardest case. You can also buy them from the manufacturer on their respective planets (both boards and weapons). Also, if you feel like searching for a while, you can look through player shops to see if you can find a good deal. A ranks can be found exactly the same, they just cost more. 9* weapons can not be bought in NPCs shops, though, so you have to synth them yourself or buy it from somebody.
Just recently, a few S rank weapons came out. To get them, you have to fight the correct lv100+ monster that has the board. Once you find the board (good luck), you have to find some rare materials that can only be found by hunting for them (you may of got them all by looking for the board). After collecting all the materials and the board, you can synth it for a respectable success rate. Of course, you could also buy it from somebody, but I doubt you'd have that much money.