PDA

View Full Version : Mid-level Crisis

ShinAnt
May 14, 2007, 11:05 AM
Is it just me or when you hit Level 40 and above,
It's hard to find good parties.

I'm going to rule it up to all excitement for S2 missions and hunting.

I could just be misleading myself.

But am I the only one having trouble with this?

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 12:22 PM
Actually this wouldn't be suprising because most of the mid lleveled caracters are ppl's alt most of the time...
Just keep on looking i guess XD

Kimil
May 14, 2007, 12:38 PM
The best places to level is in the mines on moatoob... and guess what shin? I have a 50% Thunder 9* Dagger and resta what woulddo wonders there... I'll rush you up a few levels soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Retehi
May 14, 2007, 01:00 PM
It's kinda the reason I don't really use my alts.

Cz
May 14, 2007, 04:11 PM
maybe you just having a day where no one seems to be on. I never had any trouble finding a random group and level up. Try going to area where the masses are. If not, try finding a few friends to play with and do mission together. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mystil
May 14, 2007, 06:12 PM
40's is hard now because of the req's at CB.

It's a long wait to lvl55(the level where you can do Lab S2 - yes that place is still relativily active) and 40's is where you experience your first stretch of huge TNLs. I suspect this tires a lot of people out. Crimson Beast A does not give a lot of experience. Best thing to do is join B rank parties til some A's become available

VanHalen
May 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
You and me ShinAnt are in the same boat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sinue_v2
May 14, 2007, 06:30 PM
Eh... well I'm generally in charge of keeping my party fit and healthy, so unless I run into a lot of lag or bad loading times the parties I'm in usually do pretty well. Provided, of course, that the HU's and RA's know how to use their weapons - which isn't that hard.

One thing I noticed... usually when I first join a party, there's several people that have half or less health, and almost no buffs to be seen. I only carry SD & JZ, but it's not until I start casting the buffs and healing regularly that the FO in the party will start following suit. Either to not be shown up by a WT, or out of fear of being booted because it's no longer "My way or the highway" in reguards to support. I don't know.

Which actually kinda pisses me off - since it reduces my own functionality in the party, and takes time away from them where they could be casting techs which do more damage than my melee.

Garnet_Moon
May 14, 2007, 06:50 PM
Probably. I don't have much experience in random PUGs after level 50. From 50-70 it was De Ragan S spam solo/small parties, looking for a Solid / Power S. Of which none dropped. I cried so much when I hit the level cap of 70 and the best drop was a gay Gigushline. What a waste of time.

Lately i've found that parties don't stick around for enough runs to justify some idiot hitting the exit crystal or wealking out into the exit lobby, dragging us all with him. It's kind of retarded.

Kr3w
May 14, 2007, 07:56 PM
I am level 42 and i hate it so much cause its the feeling that i almost there to do S runs but so far away at the same time. I need money badly lol, when ever i get a decent amount of cash i spend because i have no self control. But if need someone to do runs hit me up with a pm and ill add you.

ShinAnt
May 14, 2007, 08:30 PM
Maybe it is my luck,
Who knows.
It's also hard to find the right time,
With RL stuff and a full time job.
*sigh*

Powder Keg
May 14, 2007, 08:33 PM
I had a rough time at first, you just have to seek out people to come along with you unfortunately. I still think there are some people who haven't left the Raffon Lakeshore once since CB arrived. I know it makes no sense to say this, but I think they're there more than their own home.

ShinAnt
May 14, 2007, 08:43 PM
I so agree bro.
Low and behold I saw labs full the other day.
It was like the second coming of Jesus or something.

Sekani
May 14, 2007, 10:38 PM
The stretch from around 40 to 55 is pure hell. Your best bet for finding a party is (unfortunately) Crimson Beast, since it gives fairly good experience, MP, and meseta for that level range. Most people will just grind it out until their eyes bleed.

If you want to try something different, you may have some luck with the two S-level missions from the first Neudaiz counter. You could also go for the Hail Mary: joining a Crimson Beast party and suggesting that you all move somewhere else for a while. Risky proposition, but it occasionally does work.

Sasamichan
May 14, 2007, 10:57 PM
The best exp from 45-55 IMO is Demons from Above S. Each run nets about 12k exp.

Sha Sha
May 14, 2007, 11:18 PM
really sasamichan? Man i guess ill head there now, My main is a level 46 beast xD now just to find people to party with

-Ryuki-
May 15, 2007, 05:15 AM
Level 40 huh? Eastern Peril, Sea Labs.. Best places in my opinion.

spookeysmoker
May 15, 2007, 05:43 AM
Hey guys im lvl 46 im on ps2 servers you guys wanna meet up and do some CB runs or DEmons from above?

ACH
May 15, 2007, 07:14 AM
I just recently got out of the lvl 40 bit. I tried doing Relics on Neu or anything other than CB but it didn't work very well. I'm 52 now and back on CB, again.. So Demons Above was it? Count me in. I'll be on Neu Uni2 with my GT Tima.

ShinAnt
May 15, 2007, 10:23 AM
Demons above. Didn't know that. =]

Jaden_Korr
May 15, 2007, 11:19 AM
I'm game for a few runs of any mission really,I'm only level grinding till I can use my axe(damn PT atp ><) but mostly play for fun.

Eleina
May 15, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-05-15 08:23, ShinAnt wrote:

A very bad place >>...i despise that mission

Powder Keg
May 15, 2007, 07:23 PM
Take plenty of Fortegunners and Fortetechers with you if you're going to do Demons above to make quick work of the tengohs. If you're stuck with a small party without much the runs will be pure hell.

panzer_unit
May 16, 2007, 10:07 AM
I've been leveling my mid-40's alt in Forested Islands S on universe 02... it's not as hungry for my scape dolls as Unsafe Passage / Fight For Food, and I've gotten lots of free help from high-level guys looking for a quick ride to the Rainbow Beast lobby lol.

MayLee
May 16, 2007, 10:32 AM
It's true. Me and Ryogen found it hard to party with others at level 40. Now he's in his 50's and I'm in my late 60's and we find parties just fine now.

Maybe 40's is a curse..

Akaimizu
May 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-05-15 09:23, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-05-15 08:23, ShinAnt wrote:

A very bad place >>...i despise that mission

A place you hate? This is new.

majan
May 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=142173&forum=20&19

we discussed some powerleveling for the level bracket you are talking about...check it out,we turned out with a pretty decent list of stuff to do that covers pretty much all level brackets

panzer_unit
May 16, 2007, 12:11 PM
Right now I only play my alt every couple days when I need a break from going hardcore with my main on Mad Beasts S2... she'll go farm materials or whatever in low level S missions. I figure Jain will get tons of time when Firebreak comes out and we can't hunt those S ranks for a month.

-Ryuki-
May 16, 2007, 12:13 PM
Eleina hates it because I'm not there.

ShinAnt
May 16, 2007, 12:36 PM
Well, Any other suggetions.
My goal to let youy know is to get to 60 before Operation FireBreak.
Quite a goal yes.
If anyone wants to party
PM plz!

Jaden_Korr
May 16, 2007, 01:35 PM
PM'd,keep an eye out for a green PROcast named Solitude

WBMike
May 17, 2007, 03:49 AM
I'm late 30s and I'm tired of doing Crimson Beast but there's hardly anyone who wants to do another planet.

GreenArcher
May 17, 2007, 11:31 AM
You fools http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The Holy Ground S:
Requirement - Level 45
Enemies - LEVEL 75

The only other mission I remember with a requirement/enemy level difference of 30 is Eastern Peril S2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-05-17 09:35 ]</font>