PDA

View Full Version : Where do the name HIVE come from?

chibiLegolas
May 14, 2007, 03:19 PM
I was just looking over the mission maps again to refamiliarize myself on missions I haven't played in a while and noticed that there isn't a place called HIVE anywhere. Yet, ppl call (I think) the SPACE DOCK area HIVE. Why?
Is this map outdated and there's an actual mission called HIVE not listed? Cause I don't see Crimson Beast listed either after the Lakeshore for instance.
Though they have the mission info once you click on Lakeshore...

It's bad enough I have a hard time rememering the mission names, but I gotta remember the lobby names/route as well?!
Bah. I'm bad with names.

Man. Things where just so much easer in PSO.

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Missions

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-05-14 13:19 ]</font>

Eleina
May 14, 2007, 03:21 PM
Hive = Dark satellite (or whatever) + Seed awakening
The terms Hive is what was used to describe the place in story mode...the hive being the nest of seed creatures

Cz
May 14, 2007, 03:21 PM
i was thinking "HIVE" like a bee's hive. If you enter their base, they will attack you...lol.

ThEoRy
May 14, 2007, 03:22 PM
because "HoneyComb Hideout" is already taken.

landman
May 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
HIVE are the SEED "infected" satellites, first HIVE was destroyed in story mode, second HIVE was, captured? in online story mode and there is another HIVE for the free missions (I tink). HIVE is just the place, the Dark Satellite with Dark SEED enemies.

natewifi
May 14, 2007, 04:44 PM
the huge SEED spaceship, has hives.

Mewn
May 14, 2007, 04:51 PM
HIVEs are just A-Photon Satellites that have been infested by the SEED. Kinda insectoid connotations I guess, which makes sense when you consider the SEED are, in a sense, parasites drawn to sources of A-Photon energy.

There are three known HIVEs:

* HIVE Hal, which was destroyed in a military offensive at the end of Story Mode.
* HIVE Laia, which was deactivated in Episode 2 Chapter 3.
* HIVE #3, which is where SEED Awakening and Dark Satellite take place.

There are, potentially, as many HIVEs as there are active A-Photon Satellites, however.