PDA

View Full Version : Fight to Survive ---your method of survival---

Cz
May 15, 2007, 06:00 PM
everyone got different methods to survive in PSU from enemies.
List your methods of survival from a specific monster that you think is harmful.

the monster that i think that is harmful to me as a fortegunner is Gol Dolva, that big cow..
My method of surviving this monster is by luring it to me, then run away into a spot that Gol Dolva cant reach and start blasting it with burn SE 4 rifle bullet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Feel free to express your methods with style, out-of-this-world thoughts, outrageously ideas, or creative as you can. ~Bunny~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Ryuki-
May 15, 2007, 06:03 PM
-If I see a Barta heading my direction, I side-step.
-If I see a huge cow running towards me, I take the hit and then heal.
-If I see a Megid flying towards me, I run like a pansy.

VanHalen
May 15, 2007, 06:06 PM
In acts of desperation, I use knuckles. Or if the enemy(mainly ones that walk on two feet) piss me off enough use the knuckles again.

Though if I had it MY WAY! I would push a jarba down that hole in Crimson Beast.

Mayu
May 15, 2007, 06:07 PM
Jarba, I let my party and my sister hyacia kill it for me!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Then I shoot at him with my pistol!!!!!

Mystil
May 15, 2007, 06:10 PM
Go Vahras are my arch enemies ~_~... bastards. They better be glad ST gave them so much unearthly power cause I can really fuck them up with my damdiga. They are the enemy in the game where I have no method of surviving against other than running as a fortetecher.

As fortefighter though they run from me.

Lyrise
May 15, 2007, 06:10 PM
In general, I use Tornado Dance, not as a means to attack, but as a means to get the hell out of places I shouldn't be standing in.

Ithildin
May 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
I keep on running to the back of Jarbas and hitting them up close with my shotgun! They are soooo stupid... they never turn round quick enough to get me! He He! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
May 15, 2007, 06:13 PM
Dambarta. =)

Ithildin
May 15, 2007, 06:15 PM
kk... doesn't happen that often tho.... :/

Chuck_Norris
May 15, 2007, 06:37 PM
if i see a enemy i hit it, nuff said.

natewifi
May 15, 2007, 06:44 PM
I use my SUV. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

majorgamer55
May 15, 2007, 06:45 PM
KILLER SHOT FTW unless its gol dova, jarba, or svaltus then i recomend to run like theres no tomorrow

Micro
May 15, 2007, 06:46 PM
Run from Jarba? o.O Just get behind them and they'll walk in circles while you melee their ass. XD

Africa
May 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
Applies to my cast gunner .Nothing beats rocketing go vahras into a corner using maylee pism on a degahna cannon. Although walking jarbas is a close second. Thirdly is just any abusive overuse of a degahna cannon.

Scion
May 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-05-15 16:46, Micro wrote:
Run from Jarba? o.O Just get behind them and they'll walk in circles while you melee their ass. XD

Or card them. "I'm gonna need to see some ID" *Blasts Jarba with Mira-Kikami*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-05-15 16:48 ]</font>

pikachief
May 15, 2007, 06:49 PM
if small-medium, quick enemies (GO vahras, koltovas, badiras) i take out my crossbow and freeze them while strafing back wards.

if big like jarba i take out ice rifle and freeze them froma far!

and if i have them ice traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Amalga
May 15, 2007, 06:50 PM
1) Shoot until it comes close enough.
2) Circle around.
3) Melee.
4) Run away.
5) Repeat.

Sgt_Shligger
May 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
When the part is in trouble or if I'm struggling, I bust out my Ice Crossbow(s). I can practically shutdown an entire mob of unbuffed medium enemies. Otherwise, I pull out Maylee Prism >.>;

Tita
May 15, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-05-15 16:03, RyukiZero wrote:

L33T strats.
and ditto!

cept as a PT in her early levels, i can't take the cow hits. i tend to run around in circles and noobstick em with a shottie.
sometimes while screaming.

ashley50
May 15, 2007, 07:17 PM
same as other Gunner stargetgies out there...or not. (Unless you hate Rifles >.>)
Gol Dova...Burn while luring it between trees =p
Jarba...Burn or Infect and let the DoT do it's job, restick burn.
Go vahras...assuming i have Fighters party, Shock to lend a hand to fellow Fighters. if not Dualies...
Polavohra...same as Jarba
Svaltus...Infect, and restick

typical Gunner tactics...and lots of repositioning for clear shots =p
if it doesn't Burn, Infect it.
if it doesn't infect, Burn it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-05-15 17:23 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
May 15, 2007, 07:30 PM
Lets see here, for humanoid enemies like Go Vahras, Olgomons, Vahra Mehras, and Deljabans, I send them flying all over the place if I'm playing as my human Fortefighter/Fighgunner.

Mutt12
May 15, 2007, 07:34 PM
I've learned to make excessive use of strafing. Also, it helps to attack the 'cattle' type monsters like koltovas, distovas, ect from the side.

Oh, and resta resta resta.

Garnet_Moon
May 15, 2007, 07:36 PM
I just soak up all damage that comes my way. I see Scape Dolls as a free mega heal, and fT's spamming Resta to keep me alive as skill ups for them.

Every party i'm in is a buff party.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ravennittes
May 15, 2007, 08:03 PM
Megid: Use card and avoid at all costs.
Damubarta: Try not to get near creatures period if I can, especially not ones that cast damubarta.
Creatures that charge and hurt (a la Go Vahra): Smash with diga a couple of times then run for my life!
Anything else: know it's attack patters and play accordingly.

Jenova34
May 15, 2007, 08:05 PM
Against multi megid in same time, I use my SUV http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I do that method for other big attack from boss, like Magnas (Goliath Desert)

vitoer
May 15, 2007, 08:15 PM
i just use my alteric grinded 8 times level 4 freeze on the jarbas, and with my me quick, go vahras are digas best friend.

Pinecone
May 15, 2007, 08:26 PM
Trimates, a fortefighters life span is equal to how many trimates they have. Also I try to attack...dare I say it... FROM BEHIND!
also loligunning while strafing on jarbas

Jakosifer
May 15, 2007, 10:30 PM
Go Vahras (They own my weaksauce DFP Unless Im using Teroline) - Run head first at them with a freeze G out, plant and jolt to side quick, detonate and switch to melee and go to town.

Jarbas - Twin Mayalee-->Twin Dark-->Twin Freeze

The Buffed Ice guys on S2 Neudaiz missions - Assault Crush Spam, Twin Burn Spam, Buten Spam...Spam -_-;

Miyoko
May 15, 2007, 11:11 PM
... As a gunner, there's one very simple strategy I utilize when necessary:
Don't get hit. It's not terribly hard to do for most enemies, really.

Of course, the problem is, not getting hit conflicts with my other method of playing which is "being lazy"... >_>

-Ryuki-
May 15, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-05-15 17:08, Tita wrote:

L33T strats.
and ditto!

cept as a PT in her early levels, i can't take the cow hits. i tend to run around in circles and noobstick em with a shottie.
sometimes while screaming.

Yay, my first quote XD

MrPOW
May 16, 2007, 12:09 AM
The only enemies that really give me trouble are multiple Jarbas. When there is more than one I pull out my handgun and make sure to keep all Jarbas visible on the screen while I concentrate on shooting one of them, usually the closest one. If any Jarba gets off screen I leave myself open to get hit with Megid because I can't see it coming. I keep using this strategy until there is only one Jarba left. At that point its pretty safe to run up behind it and melee it until it dies, as long as I stay directly behind it. Any PA that staggers it will do. If I try to melee a Jarba when there is more than one I always seem to get Megid'ed in the back or Dambarta'ed by another Jarba who is too close by.

With this method I've went from carrying 1 or 2 Scapes Dolls at a time to having 8 on me now because I simply never die.

Jeremiah
May 16, 2007, 12:16 AM
I run, I run amok. Often I hear the effects of an enemy tech and I don't necessarily avoid it, but I'll be damned if I'm not running in some direction.

But otherwise, when I'm being a Lazy gunner I find a perch to plant myself in and watch my team mates take a beating.

Mio
May 16, 2007, 05:06 AM
As a gunner:

Go vahras: I run toward them making them miss me, shooting with my ground mechgun. When I'm point blank I run behind them and repeat, dodging the simple melee attack and making them miss me with the assault attack.

Jarbas: Virus trap and Ice mechgun.

Buffed Olgomons: Fire Crossbow to burn them and strafe dodge or play the lazy way and fire rifle them, at safe distance ( Rifle have slight more range than barta, so you can shoot from safe distance )

AweOfShe
May 16, 2007, 05:24 AM
I summon a Hikaru, whom drives into Parum in a shiny chrome coloured Civic hatchback '94, HITS DA NAWZ, and attacks with his blazing SPINNAZ OF GLORY.

Cort1984
May 16, 2007, 06:00 AM
I really only hate two enemies and thats the Rainbow Beast and its sissy spin attack that always f-ing kills me and Wormz they lower your attack and they hide way to much!

Shiryuu
May 16, 2007, 06:16 AM
Jarba - Traps and ranged(mostly rifles and machineguns), when there's only 1 left, hit them from behind.

Kagajibari/Bil - Traps and double saber from behind.

Deljaban - Twin handguns and saber.

Jusnagun - Traps and ranged.

Gol dolva - Traps and tornado dance from behind

Polahvora - Traps and rising crush

Go Vahra - Buten shuren zan or shotgun to the face.

Grinna Bete - Traps and virus rifle, then run away. Grenades if in a party with a FO/FT. Buten shuren zan otherwise.

Gaozoran - Traps.

De Ragan - Stand still.

Olgohmon - Keep calling them "old gay men" then tornado dance them all over the place. BSZ if in a party.

Garanz-Baranz
May 16, 2007, 06:18 AM
>.>;

As fortegunner-
1- If I have enemies like Shagreece, or any other gun weak enemy on the field, I'll take a rearward position and fire from a distance with my Rifle, using the zoom function and my Halo2 Sniper skills to kill them.

2- If fighting a swarm of Olgohmon, Go Vahra, Vanda[both variants], or Deljabans, I pull out my Twin Handguns and just straff out of their attack's path,and just bullet spam.

3- If theres... any group of any enemy, I might pop out my Laser Cannon, fire so I get a minimum of 2 hits per shot, repose to reaquire such effect and repeat.

4- I'll use my Shotgun on ANY enemy, but not on the ones stated above... except Olgohmons and Vanda Mehra. If fighting any enemy that's not flying, I'll just atempt to get behind them, and fire with all 4-5 shots hitting them, even if I can't get behind, I'l get up close and fire, EVEN ON BEEEEES! Also, If I want to tag enemies, I'll stand a distance away, and fire, inwhich the 4/5-way shot will hit the fray. Another trick I learned to do with this, Against 4-legged robots, use Barada Megiga, you can infect them easyly, and with their immense DFP, they'll stay on the field longer for it to take effect.

5- The Grenader.
If there's a swarm of 4 legged robots about, I'll usually try to pin them with grenades.
If there's a Trio-Jarba/Dilnazen pack, I'll wait till their in a small group, and then blast away.
If there's a squish up Olgohmon pack, I'll blast them apart with my grenader.
If there's a SEED-Vance type enemy, I'll just stand and blast. >.> see the relation here yet?
If there's a De Ragon, De Ragnus, or Zoalgoug, I'll bomb away on their center...

As Fortefighter OR Fighgunner, sence I only use Handguns as a Fighgunner- simple.

1- With Twin Saber's on Rising Crush, I'll do a quick basic attack combo, then use the PA to the last part, sending them away as so I don't need to worry, then proceed to the next enemy.

2- with Twin Claw, sence my Claw is a Vahra Claw, I usually PA spam, really because I'm still Lving the PA's on it, after I wade behind or to the side, I'l also use the Bukuu PA on Gol Dolva's rear, sence it hit's 3 times.

3- If a Gun weak only enemy apears[cough-jarba-is-one-cough] like Shagreece, I'll use my Handgun/Saber combo. If the enemy get's too close, I'll use Rising Strike to it's full combo to get it away!

4- If a Go Vahra, Vanda Mehra, Deljaban, Olgohmon, Ollaka, Koltova, Distova, Volfu, or Jishagara group show up, I'll get out my Dugrega Axe ond knock them down with the first hit, then go to second hit if it's posible to hit something with it.

5- If any big 4-legged enemy appears, like Polavoha, I'll get out my Anga Redda Axe, and spam till dead. This doesn't work on Kog Nadds or Gol Dolva's

6- I'll use my Sword periodically... just to Tornado Break them... enemies... like Badira, or huminoid ones...

As Guntecher-

1- As with Fortegunner's Rifle, I'll use my bow against any flying enemy. or, sence my Bow is an Ateric +9, I'll use on any enemy, event the opposite attribute.

2- With my Card/Wand combo, I'll wade to the side and use it. If I know i can't hit all enemies in the spawn with my Card, I'll use my Wand's Zoldeel to debuff-tag them.

3- with my Shotgun I'll.... well, just see Fortegunner's Shotgun.

4- >.>; just see Fortegunner's Twin Handgun too.

5- Saber/Mechgun combo, As my Guntecher is a Beast, her power with this combo is still impressive, and works very well on the non-S huminoids. Just sweep a fury of Bullet's for tagging, get up close and use Gravity Strike. And repeat.

And those are my stratagies...

SStrikerR
May 16, 2007, 06:48 AM
i could use strategies if i wanted teh do so, but nah, not much, cept on jarbas, i run to the back, and melee they're butts. anything else? run at em, use a PA, they're dead, end-of-story.

Athios
May 16, 2007, 08:12 AM
Yeh same i just rely on power, jarbas just use guns due to my high percentage fire hardline always getting me dominated by ice. Cept for that ill take the hits and use some mates

Sekani
May 16, 2007, 08:41 AM
I fear nothing but Kamatozes. You shoot them, they charge you and run you over while laughing your damage off with their bullet resistance. You melee them, they freeze you in place and dambarta you to death.

My strategy? Hit them a couple times for EXP, then run away while everyone else deals with it.

Sinue_v2
May 16, 2007, 08:53 AM
I learned to cast my own Resta.

Problem Solved.

amtalx
May 16, 2007, 09:05 AM
Max Rifle range = No fear + SE
Star Atomizer/Trimate = RoboResta
Shotguns = Dead monsters
Mayalee Prism = GTFO and stay there

Akaimizu
May 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
I learned the FIVE Ds of Human Guntecher Survival!!!!!

Dodge
Duck
Dip
Dive
and
Dodge!

Everything else, is kind of hard to sum up mainly due to the ever changing applications based on party-build. Crossbows and Twin Handguns are my weapons of mobility, though a lot of survival is keeping tabs on what your enemies are doing at all times. A slight complication is when other members are in your party as I tend to try to keep track of their positions, with a steady eye on everybody's health and status displays, and the mini-map. There's enough stuff to look at, at once, you'll almost think you're playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. (But without that really nice Drone thingy I'd love to have in this game)

It's probably because my party playstyle almost insists that I sub as a combat field medic along with a monster distractor, status effect layer, and sometimes a point-blank damager (when it's survivable to do so). With bosses, it's about going for weakspots and doing my best to make the 5 "D"s work, when I need them.

Tynselle takes after her mom, in that way. She wears many hats.

Note: A simple case of Monster Distraction could go by someone getting stunned or frozen, and they're too far away from me. Sometimes a good drilling from the quick and very accurrate Twin Handguns can mean the difference in the monster leaving them alone (giving them more precious time to escape, or me extra time to get to them) and them dying from the next attack before I can get in range to heal or reverser (or dying during my casting time). Saves, this way, have happened quite a bit more times than people would think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-16 07:44 ]</font>

MayLee
May 16, 2007, 09:41 AM
Resta. Buff, Debuff, Nuke, Resta. Rence and repeat

panzer_unit
May 16, 2007, 10:03 AM
Gol Dova - burn-g traps and tornado break with my ice Caliburn
Jarbas - virus-g traps (I wait for 2 or more to bunch up) then handgun and saber so I can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee
Go-Varhas - spam burning hit when they're away, spam rising strike to keep 'em away

chibiLegolas
May 16, 2007, 01:48 PM
I generally stick to the backside of enemies with anything I do.

Kimil
May 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'mma Beast Wartecher >_>

....we never die lol.
I mean=
+highest HP, Great DFP, good MST and Evade.
+some buffs and debuffs
+Resta when needed
+Dodge Techs
= I never die lol

Tigerram
May 16, 2007, 02:57 PM
As a Fortegunner, if enemies keep egging me on, I just lay into that particular creature only. Kind of like when firing into a dead corpse when they piss those guys off enough in the movies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Red_Sasori
May 16, 2007, 03:17 PM
Run, shoot, repeat.

Hrith
May 16, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-05-15 16:10, Lyrise wrote:
In general, I use Tornado Dance, not as a means to attack, but as a means to get the hell out of places I shouldn't be standing in.Yeah, I call that Tornado Escape, works wonder >_>

Otherwise, using terrain as a ranger makes the game so easy to solo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ThEoRy
May 16, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-05-16 07:41, MayLee wrote:
Resta. Buff, Debuff, Nuke, Resta. Rinse and repeat

what she said.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 16, 2007, 03:52 PM
Grab a wand or rod, then use it to whack at anything that tries to attack me.

Flwl3ssCowboy
May 16, 2007, 04:56 PM
-If I see >1 Barta heading my direction, I weave around the place like I'm drunk.
-If I see a huge cow running towards me, I run like a pansy.

fixed for me

Dirkster111
May 18, 2007, 09:03 AM
If I'm soloing lay down burn or infect lvl4, run like hell when the mobs get too close. If I'm in a party, lay down burn or infect lvl4, run like hell when the mob gets too close.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dirkster111 on 2007-05-18 07:04 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
May 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
For Go Vahra I fight them at a semi-close distance where they will not hit you with that jump attack and usually go for the close one. One on one with rifle/bows shots will keep it at bay, and will do nothing about it.

For Jarbas, I use my Ensei-Sou lv30, it will them much faster then ice arrows ever could.

Gol Dolva, if you have Maylee Fury, then use it, while someone else uses burning shot on it. Keep a Trimate ready since they like doing that double headbutt, and run from the stomp.

Grinna Betas, the Grenade launcher works wonders on these as it completely prevents them from moving.

Svaltus, just circle around them, don't get too close or too far.I solo these biotches with ease. Infection 4 works on them too.

Kagadajabarwhatever, use Traps or burning shot on these, keep fairly distant from them as they can use all Gi-techs. Maylee fury is helpful too. I really don't care if you's hunters are close, use the g laucher to get them angry for the spin. With me, I can usually cancel them from that spin and won't be able to get t, try this if you how to do it.

For worms, I use Infection, so even when they're underground they will still take damage.

And finally for Abejas, I sit back, grab a drink, and lv the bullet/tech of my choosing. Teh best strategy right there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-05-18 11:56 ]</font>