PDA

View Full Version : Maylee Prism

Red_Sasori
May 16, 2007, 03:22 PM
I was just wondering, what effect does Maylee prism have? I've gotten a lot of different responses like zalure, knockback, and even all stats down. What does it really do?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 16, 2007, 03:24 PM
It has blow-away, and it is very, very useful on certain monsters. Definitely the best of the Laser PAs from what I've seen.

Red_Sasori
May 16, 2007, 03:26 PM
Thx for the help. Just need 60 more PA frags! XD

Akaimizu
May 16, 2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah. Costs 90 PA frags total, but it's such a fun weapon. I live for things that I can use for some good ol' Monster Control. Position your enemy like a Real Time Strategy game (or Tactical Shooter), and gain the advantage so that everybody can nail them.

As I said before, I can talk about MayaLee Prism in or out of character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I sometimes call it:
"Bowling with monsters!!!!"

"That's right! Step right up!! See the amazing spectacle as you see monsters rolling, rolling, rolling, right before your very eyes!!!"

"GASP - As you see the large beasts dance before your very eyes. Now who's the real Lord of the Dance?"

"THRILL - As you see Gohmon's and Ollakas do a spectacular display of synchronized rolling!"

"Be Amazed - As you see various other similar creatures perform exactly the same synchronized motions, on different planets, without training and completely unscripted!!!!"

"Is it some mysterious control over monsters, or has the secret behind communication for these beasts been revealed? Stay tuned as the Nbareh Six Square Circus explodes out of the tent and into your worlds!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-16 13:34 ]</font>

Hrith
May 16, 2007, 03:38 PM
I don't find it a useful PA at all on a Fortegunner, since Grenades do basically the same thing.

Akaimizu
May 16, 2007, 03:43 PM
Grenades don't push so uniformly, as far as I remember. Laser is actually meant to push in a very easily aimed precise direction. It's more of a herding weapon, than anything else.

Plus, it's the only arsenal that can push around any enemy for Gunners without the ability to use Grenades.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-16 13:44 ]</font>

LoneDespo
May 16, 2007, 04:22 PM
In terms of simply incapacitating the enemy by means of KB, Mayalee Prism is a lot better than a grenade PA.
For one, it hits more targets. However, the range is horribly gimped so it's not likely you're going to hit more than 5 enemies at once.

The second major benefit to this PA is that you don't have to back up or run away, then turn to inflict the KB effect. This makes it rather useful on quick monsters or those nasty monsters that like to charge at you. (Go Vahras, Pigs, Worms, Kamatozes) It's also a great way to keep those pesky tech-casting enemies on the floor, as it groups KB'ed enemies rather nicely. (Works wonders with Olgohmons)

The only drawback is the ATA multiplier at base levels and PP usage at higher levels. 50% can be quite painful and you're not likely to use this PA to its fullest potential on a GT. And I think the fact that Laser Cannon PAs lvl more slowly than a Rifle's does is already well-known to you rangers out there, so I won't mention it.

biggabertha
May 16, 2007, 06:35 PM
Mayalee Prism costs 36PP a shot for Protransers and Guntechers to begin with. I think it will cost something like 28PP for Fortegunners since they get a 20% discount on it. The other thing to know about this Bullet Art is that it begins with a 121% attack modifier and about... 45% Accuracy. The range reduction is about two-thirds that of the normal shot, maybe even half.

The bottom line is, Guntechers benefit the most from this Bullet Art since they don't have Grenade Launchers like a Protranser or a Fortegunner and it is their crowd control Photon Art that stuns enemies/knocks them flying away. Fortegunners get Grenade Launchers and although tricky to use, once you learn their trajectory and enemy behaviours, it becomes an excellent weapon to use. Protransers however, get the worst of it. They have very little ATA compared to these two other classes but get melee weapons to help with the crowd control.

Lastly, I think that Mayalee Prism is going to be TOO EXPENSIVE at Lv. 31+ for a Protranser to use without a stack of Photon Charges... I don't even know how much it costs at 11+ or 21+ but if I were to guess... I'd say 48PP at Lv. 11+ and 60PP at Lv. 21+.... Which means 72PP per shot at Lv. 31+..... That's comparable to the Grenade Launcher... Looks like everyone will be wanting Deghana Cannons...

ForteStollen
May 16, 2007, 06:40 PM
It's 42 a shot at 11+ - Not sure about 21+ yet, It's at level 20 70% exp for me.. This is nothing compared to the grenade art though, 150pp a shot at 21+

pionear
May 16, 2007, 09:43 PM
It works wonders on those ground/pop-up monsters on Neudaiz and Moatoob.

Gen2000
May 17, 2007, 04:17 AM
Yeah, it's mainly a Worm monster controller. When parties that's when it really shines. For other enemies you better off just actually killing the them than knocking them around as I've seen so many new Mayalee Prisim are doing which wastes mission time.

amtalx
May 17, 2007, 07:38 AM
On 2007-05-16 13:38, Hrith wrote:
I don't find it a useful PA at all on a Fortegunner, since Grenades do basically the same thing.

I'm not so sure about this. Grenades are great against slow moving enemies, but if you're trying to pin down a group of Go Vahras, a Grenade launcher isn't the best choice. It's better to have both.

panzer_unit
May 17, 2007, 11:48 AM
I had a thought about this skill a while ago and finally got up the frags to buy it. I'm still not sold on it for use as a Protranser (not just that it costs a lot, their available alternatives are way better too) but I moonlight as a ForteGunner, where it rocks non-stop.

What's the most annoying thing about using a regular laser PA? The best time to use a laser is when a group of monsters is rushing at you, right? So you hit a whole bunch of monsters, get them all mad, and (in higher rank missions) immediately after that you've got a horde of monsters biting you all over. Aside from help from teammates, you're not going to get a chance to use your laser again for that fight... right? Gunners can't do anything for knockback at point blank, and good luck getting any distance (for grenades, or for direct laser fire) by running.

Mayalee prism totally fixes that. To sweeten the deal, you can switch between identical weapon models on your palette instantly (even on PS2). Fire regular laser all you want, and when things start to go bad you can switch to another with the special linked and blow everything into a convenient pile for further strafing. Go back to your main damage element and repeat.