PDA

View Full Version : Lower drop rate after first few days

Nanoframe
May 17, 2007, 05:09 AM
Im starting to think Sega lowers the drop rate after the first 2-3 days of releasing each batch of new stuff. Everytime new stuff comes it seems many people get it and then nobody gets anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Might be the strategy to have people see the new stuff drop with higher drop rates the first few days and then keep them hunting for it with lower drop rates forever.....

-_Tao_-
May 17, 2007, 05:33 AM
I kunkur konklosivly

amtalx
May 17, 2007, 07:34 AM
I don't necessarily think this is true. I think some of it may have to to with people reporting it more in the first few days because its exciting. That being the reason why do don't hear people getting excited about 9*s...its not news anymore.

Cort1984
May 17, 2007, 08:00 AM
he does have a point but I dont know if the hype on the new stuff has gone down that much. Especialy in such a short amount of time....

Tulio07
May 17, 2007, 09:20 AM
On 2007-05-17 05:34, amtalx wrote:
I don't necessarily think this is true. I think some of it may have to to with people reporting it more in the first few days because its exciting. That being the reason why do don't hear people getting excited about 9*s...its not news anymore.

both that and the fact that people will hunt it less.

Sexy_Raine
May 17, 2007, 09:53 AM
I have two S boards, and will continue hunting for a 3rd. I also mail people if they find anything, but the last few days were stingy and no one found anything. I still believe it's based on luck as I found my boards on a +2 day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-05-17 08:02 ]</font>

Athios
May 17, 2007, 10:00 AM
I dont think its based on luck, some days ive had zero luck and found 9*s, when i get 3 star luck i have found noting all day except crud. Still it would be good to know some kind of system lol

Neith
May 17, 2007, 05:02 PM
Luck just increases the chances of the enemies dropping items in general. So, with Lv3 luck, enemies will have a higher chance to drop any item (drop anything rate, as it was called in PSO).

This basically means enemies will drop nothing less, so while you don't get a droprate increase on the S-Rank boards, you have more chance of an enemy dropping an item which could be an S-Rank board.

That was confusing to write, hopefully not confusing to read http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I think it was Sounomi who brought it up here, but as far as I know, that's how luck works in relation to drops (and why it doesn't affect boss drops, as boss boxes always have items in)

ROB31
May 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
That actully made alot of sense and that theory does sound correct, i have found the same thing.

jayster
May 17, 2007, 06:34 PM
it'd be nice if they did that but it's unlikely. I got another message today from a friend who found a deva zashi board.