PDA

View Full Version : what causes synths to fail....

majan
May 17, 2007, 12:39 PM
Ive been told that lagging out while synthing an item means automatic failure.allegedly,sega has applied this as a function to stop people from exploiting the whole failed synth>>go to dashboard>>save the synthesis slot...

I can confirm that the dashboard exploit does not work anymore,but can anyone else confirm that the lagging out thing is true?and if yes,does that apply also to interrupt requests?

amtalx
May 17, 2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I think you can attribute most failures to bad luck.

majan
May 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
yeah me either but I wouldnt put it past sega to be slimy like that...especially when theyr etyring to discourage people from exploiting something....when I have more time later,I plan to test this...gonna put in some 2 star twin sabers with 90% synth rate and run them like 3 times each and Ill pull th eplug..see what happens

jsut seeing if anybody has already done this

JAFO22000
May 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-05-17 10:39, majan wrote:
Ive been told that lagging out while synthing an item means automatic failure.allegedly,sega has applied this as a function to stop people from exploiting the whole failed synth>>go to dashboard>>save the synthesis slot...

I can confirm that the dashboard exploit does not work anymore,but can anyone else confirm that the lagging out thing is true?and if yes,does that apply also to interrupt requests?

I thought they fixed the synth glitch by having the board record the failure once you take the item out....before, it did not record the failure until you decided where to store your monomate (by "record the failure" I mean subtracting one from the number of board attempts.) I never synth glitched, but was told that once you found out your item had failed to NOT tell the system where to store it, rather log out of the game, then log back in. When you checked your mag (PM, whatever!) the materials used for that failed synth would be gone, but the board would not record the synth and you could try it again.

Garnet_Moon
May 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
What causes synths to fail? In before bunnies.

Rashiid
May 17, 2007, 01:51 PM
Not equippting a Orpa / Success.

majan
May 17, 2007, 01:53 PM
On 2007-05-17 11:17, JAFO22000 wrote:

I thought they fixed the synth glitch by having the board record the failure once you take the item out....before, it did not record the failure until you decided where to store your monomate (by "record the failure" I mean subtracting one from the number of board attempts.) I never synth glitched, but was told that once you found out your item had failed to NOT tell the system where to store it, rather log out of the game, then log back in. When you checked your mag (PM, whatever!) the materials used for that failed synth would be gone, but the board would not record the synth and you could try it again.

yeah thats exactly wat the synth glitch allowed you to do...preserve the slot on the board but lose the materials...log out then log back in type of deal...doesnt really answer my question but yea that clarifies it a little bit I guess

long story short,said glitch was fixed(at least on the JP servers)and it is rumored that to prevent people from even trying to exploit this,they implemented something where if you disconnect during a synthesis,it automatically fails.

i.e, synthing a 9 star weapon with 12 hour synth time...if oyu lag out during play during those 12 hours,it is automatically a failure.

majan
May 17, 2007, 01:54 PM
On 2007-05-17 11:51, Rashiid wrote:

Ill give you 3 har / quicks and a [B] halarod for it..

Rashiid
May 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-05-17 11:54, majan wrote:

On 2007-05-17 11:51, Rashiid wrote:

Ill give you 3 har / quicks and a [B] halarod for it..

done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

-Tidus_415-
May 17, 2007, 02:05 PM
Lagging out doesnt do anything to your synths. Once you put in the materials and hit "synth" its already set to either work or fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-05-17 12:06 ]</font>

Anduril
May 17, 2007, 02:07 PM
I've signed off while synthing armor before and it succeeded when I logged back on. I have gotten faliures all the time when I don't take an item out within 5 minutes of its completion time though.

Weeaboolits
May 17, 2007, 02:30 PM
It fails because your PM hates you.

Actually, I always figured it was probably a mathmatical error in the programming, why else would high success synths fail so much?

Also,
On 2007-05-17 11:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:
What causes synths to fail? In before bunnies.http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/bunny.gif

JAFO22000
May 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-05-17 11:53, majan wrote:

yeah thats exactly wat the synth glitch allowed you to do...preserve the slot on the board but lose the materials...log out then log back in type of deal...doesnt really answer my question but yea that clarifies it a little bit I guess

long story short,said glitch was fixed(at least on the JP servers)and it is rumored that to prevent people from even trying to exploit this,they implemented something where if you disconnect during a synthesis,it automatically fails.

i.e, synthing a 9 star weapon with 12 hour synth time...if oyu lag out during play during those 12 hours,it is automatically a failure.

OK, then to answer your question with a direct response: NO!

I don't understand how that particular glitch and lagging out relate. For the glitch to work, you would have to first pull the synth out of your mag to see if it failed or not. From what I gather, you are asking whether or not a synth will fail if one lags out, regardless of how much time is left. WHY would ST write that into the code? It was much easier to fix it the way they did.

physic
May 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
yes if you lag out its an automatic fail. Happened to my friend when he lagged out way back, lost some gun. If yu test it you will see, once you lag out its an automatic fail. The question is how much lag kills it. the only thing i can say for sure is a full dc kills it. That said i suggest you dont synth if your feeling laggy. Btw this may have been in place even before teh glitch fix, cause this was long long ago, it was either a shiny new 6 star, when they were new, or maybe 7 star when they first came out, i dont recall.

I dont think its really dirty though, though it is messed up for those who get lags

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2007-05-17 12:59 ]</font>

Cz
May 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-05-17 12:30, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
It fails because your PM hates you.

Actually, I always figured it was probably a mathmatical error in the programming, why else would high success synths fail so much?

Also,
On 2007-05-17 11:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:
What causes synths to fail? In before bunnies.http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/bunny.gif

aw...love that bunny. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
On topic, wat cause your synth to fail is because people are picking on bunny lately so she curse your synth to fail or Sega thinks you havent work hard enough for your earn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
May 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-05-17 12:58, physic wrote:
yes if you lag out its an automatic fail. Happened to my friend when he lagged out way back, lost some gun. If yu test it you will see, once you lag out its an automatic fail. The question is how much lag kills it. the only thing i can say for sure is a full dc kills it. That said i suggest you dont synth if your feeling laggy. Btw this may have been in place even before teh glitch fix, cause this was long long ago, it was either a shiny new 6 star, when they were new, or maybe 7 star when they first came out, i dont recall.

I dont think its really dirty though, though it is messed up for those who get lags

So, your proof that the OP's statement is true is that your friend lagged out once and his one synth failed? Wow. Did it ever occur to you that the failure may have been, possibly, NOT due to him lagging out, rather it just failed?

"Hey, I put some rod in to be synthed, then I went to Gawik's Pub and when I came back to my room and checked my synth, it failed. I conclude that going into Gawik's Pub while synthing an item causes automatic failure of said item."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-05-17 13:18 ]</font>

fumatanera
May 17, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-05-17 12:05, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Lagging out doesnt do anything to your synths. Once you put in the materials and hit "synth" its already set to either work or fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-05-17 12:06 ]</font>

seems logical. what a surprise that the simplest, most direct reasoning is probably correct... *rolls eyes at PSOW quantum physics synth conundrums*

step on your right foot. DON'T FORGET IT!! now bring it around town, bring it arooooouuuuund tooooooooooowwnnn.

Rashiid
May 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
lol theres no way of proving that lagging out is an auto-fail. only way would be the Halp Serafi. since its 100%.

get that board, lag out, and see. it WONT fail.

pineapple
May 17, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-05-17 13:20, Rashiid wrote:
lol theres no way of proving that lagging out is an auto-fail. only way would be the Halp Serafi. since its 100%.

It is pretty easy to disprove though. Lag out and have a successful synth.

Rashiid
May 17, 2007, 03:55 PM
On 2007-05-17 13:35, pineapple wrote:

On 2007-05-17 13:20, Rashiid wrote:

It is pretty easy to disprove though. Lag out and have a successful synth.

ah, true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ChocoboChad
May 17, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-05-17 13:18, fumatanera wrote:

On 2007-05-17 12:05, -Tidus_415- wrote:

seems logical. what a surprise that the simplest, most direct reasoning is probably correct... *rolls eyes at PSOW quantum physics synth conundrums*

Good idea.

But, this is disproven by Extra mode. If I screw up on something, I can just turn the power off and do it again.

That's how I got an 80% (10) Svaltus Sword.

Sekani
May 17, 2007, 09:38 PM
Well, no one's talking about Extra Mode because only losers play offline.

Seriously though, I've had synths succeed despite lag outs/disconnects, so that theory is false. And I've had items succeed after leaving them in the PM for weeks, so that theory is false as well.

PSU's synthing system is fairly simple, not at lot of voodoo to it. I can understand how some people get superstitious though. If anyone has tried making anything in FFXI (which also had a high failure rate), you'd remember that success rates were influenced by the day, time, moon phase, alignment of the stars, feng shui of your mog house, and even the direction in which you were standing. Seriously.

Kiku
May 17, 2007, 09:48 PM
i tend to give my PM a brand or something before i make a Jitseen or some other Saber, even though it might not raise my chances of making the item, i make myself believe it does just so i wont get suprised when it fails...

Mayu
May 17, 2007, 09:55 PM
Lagging out doesn't mean an Auto fail -_-

If you fail, YOU Failed <3

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/bunny.gif

This is what causes it (Kawaii!!!!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-05-17 19:59 ]</font>

majorgamer55
May 17, 2007, 09:56 PM
i heard that it helps to have vicious s3x with your PM, that way you suck up to it enough that it makes it want to make the weapon

e_Tard
May 18, 2007, 03:12 AM
The only time a d/c gives you an auto fail, is when you d/c at the the "place in inventory/storage" screen. Even if it works the first time, there'll be a mate waitin for ya when you come back.

However, D/C'ing outside of this screen has no effect on the synths. I get dropped from the servers a lot while playing. Even then, some of my synths from those sessions still make it.

SolomonGrundy
May 18, 2007, 03:58 AM
my PM is set to Autofail. another 9* monomate today. glad I waited 12 hours.

Ravennittes
May 18, 2007, 04:58 AM
Synths are determined by those little %'s on the chances. When you start a synth, that has an 85% chance of working (like the new 10* striking weapons), a number is chosen randomly by the server. This number is any number from 0-99. In the case of an 85% chance, anything from 0-84 will mean the synth will work, and 85-99 will mean it won't.

A2K
May 18, 2007, 06:17 AM
On 2007-05-17 11:53, majan wrote:

On 2007-05-17 11:17, JAFO22000 wrote:

The synthesis exploit was corrected in all versions of the game by removing the "Cancel Synthesis" option when the timer ran out.

When a synthesis was finished, you were previously given the option to take out the item, or to cancel the synthesis (canceling can still be done at any time prior to completion). One could take out the item to check to see if it failed, then, upon confirmation of failure, "undo" this action through various means (dependent on platform) and cancel instead. This is no longer possible.

Basically, it works the same as it always has, the menu loophole was just closed.

physic
May 18, 2007, 09:34 AM
On 2007-05-17 13:17, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-05-17 12:58, physic wrote:

So, your proof that the OP's statement is true is that your friend lagged out once and his one synth failed? Wow. Did it ever occur to you that the failure may have been, possibly, NOT due to him lagging out, rather it just failed?

"Hey, I put some rod in to be synthed, then I went to Gawik's Pub and when I came back to my room and checked my synth, it failed. I conclude that going into Gawik's Pub while synthing an item causes automatic failure of said item."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-05-17 13:18 ]</font>

uh the point is it was a sucess, but he lagged out, when he returned it was a fail. After that to be sure we did 2 different tests on a 90% chance weap which suceeded first time and failed thereafter for 10 runs.
I assumed it was given when i say it happened to my friend that i was talking about the case proposed, being that it is a reply in the thread. So your indignant hatred of my scietific methods is pretty baseless and somewhat aholish, but hey thats the net for you.
I'm just letting you know what i found, feel free to test it to your hearts delight and find the same info.

This leads me to believe the idea that whether it will fail or suceed is not infact instantly decided when you put it in, though it could still be the case, with a simple if so and so lags then so and so fails, still i think its instaneous, or awhile back people would never have been able to exploit %s on playstation by redoing, also doesnt jive with the fact you can cancel a synth.

I assume the dude ment it will fail if you lag out while taking the synth out, basically once you see the fail, or the success, if you lag out before you can put in storage or accept it, you will autofail. Its obvious that you can lag out or dc normally while doing other things and it wont fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2007-05-18 07:40 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 18, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-05-17 19:38, Sekani wrote:
Well, no one's talking about Extra Mode because only losers play offline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rashiid
May 18, 2007, 10:05 AM
On 2007-05-18 07:45, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

On 2007-05-17 19:38, Sekani wrote:
Well, no one's talking about Extra Mode because only losers play offline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

get em Ronin!

Alkaar
May 18, 2007, 03:25 PM
Abusing your PM causes synthesis to fail. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif