PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP: Famitsu Cup ver PSU coming soon!

Lyrise
May 17, 2007, 05:27 PM
The Famitsu Scan. (http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/psu4054.jpg)
Shougai PSO's data. (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/070517a.html)

Tentatively scheduled for the end of May, Famitsu Cup ver. PSU will hit the servers. Further more, there's supposed to be an announcement to be made on June 8th, concerning the "revival" of PSU (most likely talking about expansion release date.)

There are some interesting notes made in the article - it speaks of *4* planets; we only know of 3. They also make mention of "could the club possibly be open now?"

As usual, there are new items to be had, including the long-awaited (for some) rappy suit, and what appears to be an extra unit, called "Rappy mode" which engulfs your character in feathers, a la Devazashi. Other notables include a 10 star Grenade Launcher "Song Fourdes", which is actually a Guitar Case, that shoots out stars, trailed by a rainbow and music notes, as well as the Bookra Famitsu (I believe hidden in the US version's data is an item called Bookra EGM).

The event iself takes place within missions that revolve around 4 themes:

Heavenly Luck
Intuition
Perseverence
Friendship

It can also be noted that there will be at least 10 points of participation; that said, there might be 10 missions the very least to this event.

Guess ST knows how to satiate the audiences' concern for content, since we're rapidly approaching the end of PSU pre-expansion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-05-17 15:28 ]</font>

Umberger
May 17, 2007, 05:28 PM
Rappy Suit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Also, I think the 4th planet thing might just be them counting the Guardian's Colony as a planet...all in all, it sounds pretty awesome.

Lyrise
May 17, 2007, 05:29 PM
I highly doubt it, it specifically says "wakusei"; I don't think the colony qualifies as one.

natewifi
May 17, 2007, 05:31 PM
What about mushroom, flower, star, and super cup? Btw... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyrise
May 17, 2007, 05:34 PM
Actually I was more expecting Sunshine and lollipops to accompany this one.

Rashiid
May 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
is there a dumb-d down verison of this, cauz im confused....

Ash1ey
May 17, 2007, 05:44 PM
Sounds cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Parn
May 17, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-05-17 15:27, Lyrise wrote:
a 10 star Grenade Launcher "Song Fourdes", which is actually a Guitar Case, that shoots out stars, trailed by a rainbow and music notes
I'm suddenly jealous of fortegunners.

Garnet_Moon
May 17, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-05-17 16:04, Parn wrote:

a 10 star Grenade Launcher "Song Fourdes", which is actually a Guitar Case, that shoots out stars, trailed by a rainbow and music notes
I'm suddenly jealous of fortegunners.

I'm not. I can't wait to get Alexei a new Grenade Launcher.

Dj_SkyEpic
May 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yay. I see int he scan a female wearing something cloudy around her. Is it some sort of new unit?

Umberger
May 17, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-05-17 16:18, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Yay. I see int he scan a female wearing something cloudy around her. Is it some sort of new unit?

I believe that is the Rappy Mode unit...feathers go around your character, etc.

jayster
May 17, 2007, 06:36 PM
wait so this event is for us or japan?

Dhylec
May 17, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-05-17 16:36, jayster wrote:
wait so this event is for us or japan?

JP, of course - if you clicked the links. ;]

jayster
May 17, 2007, 06:44 PM
i did but it could have been information for us.

ShadowDragon28
May 17, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hm well we are getting Operation Firebreak... the US servers just *might* get some kind of varient of this Famitsu Cup. EGM Cup? 1Up-Cup? hmm?

Garnet_Moon
May 17, 2007, 07:11 PM
Either we get Famitsu Cup or something similiar with the exact same rewards, or kiss PSU good bye. That's the kind of stunt that the player base won't tolerate here.

Gryffin
May 17, 2007, 07:16 PM
Rappy mode. . . THAT is the kind of unit I would grind for. Seriously, no stink lines for me, but I'll take feathers any day. My name IS Gryffin after all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I pray we get this event.

Golto
May 17, 2007, 07:51 PM
They way things are going now we do get everything they get just 3 months later. The Fire Break event for us is sponsored by ST or Sega so maybe they will do the same thing for the event? There is that EGM item like Lyrise said.

ShadowDragon28
May 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
If anyone that has a Black heart and doesn't like it or want, give it to me. *I* happen to like it.

If we ever get some kind of "EGM Cup" or somesuch, it probably wont be until July or August... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-05-17 18:29 ]</font>

EspioKaos
May 17, 2007, 08:31 PM
Further more, there's supposed to be an announcement to be made on June 8th, concerning the "revival" of PSU (most likely talking about expansion release date.)
Actually, don't get your hopes up on that. All it says is Famitsu's PSU segment (known as "Gurhatsu") will be returning in the June 08 issue of Famitsu which will go on sale next week.

Other notables include a 10 star Grenade Launcher "Song Fourdes", which is actually a Guitar Case, that shoots out stars, trailed by a rainbow and music notes, as well as the Bookra Famitsu (I believe hidden in the US version's data is an item called Bookra EGM).
Song for Death, actually. And Bukra Famitsu, according to the files pulled from the game a while back.

natewifi
May 17, 2007, 09:05 PM
Death is such a lame resort for ST to come up with just to desperately come up with a complete name for a weapon imo.

EspioKaos
May 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
I think a few things should be clarified on this event that seem to have been missed in the original post. I just posted a news story on this on the front page, so I'll copy-paste the article here.

In the coming weeks, the Japanese PC/PS2 servers will see the start of a new event, the Famitsu Cup! A solid date has not been announced just yet, but the event is scheduled to begin around the end of May. Details are a bit sketchy at the moment, but it seems that the Famitsu Cup will work on a points system. By completing missions across Gurhal, players will earn points to go toward a rating (with 10 points totaling a perfect score) which can gain them entry into something known as the Platinum Palace where a "special event" is bound to take place. (Could we finally see the grand opening of the Commune Club in Clyez City?) It should be noted that the missions available in this event will all center around different themes including luck, friendship, perseverance and intuition. Also, a number of special items will become available during the Famitsu Cup. Some can be obtained by completing certain missions while others are gotten through currently unknown methods. These items include:

* Bukra Famitsu - a Kubara-made wand which resembles an issue of the magazine Famitsu
* Rappy Suit - an extremely rare set of clothing
* Rappy Mode - a line shield unit which generates a photon Rappy feather effect
* Song for Death - a rare grenade launcher produced by Kubara

A2K
May 18, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-05-17 19:05, natewifi wrote:
Death is such a lame resort for ST to come up with just to desperately come up with a complete name for a weapon imo.

Except, you know, that's what it was actually named in the first place.

so n gu = Song
fo~ = For
de su = Death

Arika
May 18, 2007, 01:38 AM
I wanna wear Rappy suit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
rappy~rappY~ <3

btw, that weapon is totally new! I can't find it in catalog S rank or in perfect bible

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-05-17 23:42 ]</font>

Kamica
May 18, 2007, 06:22 AM
Seems that the official website was launched:

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/famitsucup2007/

EspioKaos
May 18, 2007, 06:40 AM
It says the event will be based around four missions which are freely repeatable, so you'll be able to perfect your run of them to earn the maximum number of points, again with 10 being the highest. A stage known as "VR: Gurhal" will be opened up (and accessed from the Commune Club?) which will use a certain popular BGM. (Going by the VR theme, I'm guess "Tricktrack" will be used here.) Also, various bonus stages will be made available during the course of the event, which will include surprises such as increased rare drop rates.

Rashiid
May 18, 2007, 06:44 AM
well, atleast the Rappy Suit will be 'sesonal' and not everyone having them. imagine that on the 360 o.0

id run to like, uni 23 >.>

Lyrise
May 18, 2007, 10:53 AM
This is going to be a tall order. Apparently, you get your points by completing mission objectives, the usual report card (kill all monsters, and do it within a certain time), and the last one is a bit weird - you have to be "stylish in combat". I have no idea what it means as far as what to do, but either way it's going to be hard to score 10's.

Which brings up the next point: In order to access the club, you need to score 10s across the board, in all missions (Insert jokes about how you need to be "cool" to get in here). Whether or not getting 10s in all 4 mission gets you one admission ticket in, or a permanent pass, I don't know.

As for accessing the "bonus stages", you need to score high in your mission (Probably looking at 9+). All bonus stages feature increased rare drop rate as a baseline, but other things might just pop up (like rare monsters, or free items).

Why the scoring is out of 10? Apparently Famitsu wants the scoring to be like when they do reviews and cross reviews. Crossreview points are also tallied up on an individual basis as well, unlike Ultimate attack which was only a team based thing. The points you earn can be exchanged for prizes (both real and in-game), as well as rank all participants.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-05-18 08:57 ]</font>

Zarode
May 18, 2007, 10:55 AM
Eh, stylish? How the hell am I suppose to be stylish while shooting? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Lyrise
May 18, 2007, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't know. Maybe prop an enemy up using a trap or rising strike and shoot them in midair? Until Famitsu releases the final conditions, everything's just speculation.

buzyb77
May 18, 2007, 11:05 AM
I wish we were getting the events at about the Same time.

ShinAnt
May 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
The Famitsu Scan. (http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/psu4054.jpg)
Shougai PSO's data. (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/070517a.html)

Other notables include a 10 star Grenade Launcher "Song Fourdes", which is actually a Guitar Case, that shoots out stars, trailed by a rainbow and music notes,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-05-17 15:28 ]</font>

Wow..that's pretty metal.