PDA

View Full Version : AoI Ranger Bullets

amtalx
May 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
I know that Shotgun bullets will remain a spread of 5 but does anyone know if Rifle bullets will be increased to SE5 for AoI? My hopes will probably be dashed against the jagged coast of reality but I have to know. SE5 would solve all of the worlds problems.

Alkaar
May 18, 2007, 09:33 AM
No, SE5 wont be included in AoI. The reason being is that it would be too darn powerful since at SE5 I'm thinking bosses would probably become SE capable. That would mean bosses would go down super fast.

With SE4, we can apply it to mini bosses and the largest of creatures, so I don't see how SE5 would solve all problems or why we would even need SE5.

Sylpheed
May 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
On 2007-05-18 07:33, Alkaar wrote:
No, SE5 wont be included in AoI. The reason being is that it would be too darn powerful since at SE5 I'm thinking bosses would probably become SE capable. That would mean bosses would go down super fast.

With SE4, we can apply it to mini bosses and the largest of creatures, so I don't see how SE5 would solve all problems or why we would even need SE5.

Served.

panzer_unit
May 18, 2007, 09:53 AM
What's the damage boost per level from 31-40... 2%? 3%? Do element levels go up?

Umberger
May 18, 2007, 10:01 AM
The new -Ex traps are about as good as whatever SE5 would be like...trust me, you won't be disappointed. =p

Arika
May 18, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-05-18 08:01, Umberger wrote:
The new -Ex traps are about as good as whatever SE5 would be like...trust me, you won't be disappointed. =p

That is for protransfer !

Zarode
May 18, 2007, 10:25 AM
SE5 does exist. With lv41+ Debuffs, my friend uguu tried it out on a boss....

And it didn't work. So basically, if rifles and such get SE5, it just means it is a SE4 with a better rate of effect.

So it can happen, and it won't be broken.

Alkaar
May 18, 2007, 10:49 AM
I can see SE5 working for debuffs, but then again Fortegunners get up to lvl 40 bullets, so we can't really tell if SE levels would go up to SE5 for rifles.

Zarode
May 18, 2007, 10:50 AM
On 2007-05-18 08:49, Alkaar wrote:
I can see SE5 working for debuffs, but then again Fortegunners get up to lvl 40 bullets, so we can't really tell if SE levels would go up to SE5 for rifles.

Yes, and Guntechers get lv40 bullets as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Alkaar
May 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
I know, but it'd be nice if Fortegunners got up to level 50 bullets, wouldn't it?

Level 50 bullets for Fortegunners, level 50 skills for Fortefighters, and level 50 technics for Fortetechers should have been the cap in AoI in my opinion... since they are Forte classes, specializing in a certain area.

Niered
May 18, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-05-18 08:50, Zarode wrote:

Yes, and Guntechers get lv40 bullets as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Im going to have to concur on the dissapointment behind this. I mean, c'mon, were FORTEgunners, we are the best of the best in regards to gunnery, and yet the hybrids get just as good stuff. It just doesnt make sense to me.

Zarode
May 18, 2007, 11:02 AM
The Forte classes deserve lv50 skills/bullets/techs along with their better stats, but that is just my opinion...

Alkaar
May 18, 2007, 11:02 AM
I hear ya... my input on that is right above yours o_o ;

Lyrise
May 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
The only offensive SE5s possible are just the debuffs. Rifle bullets and bows at 31+ stay capped at 4. Maybe this will change in the final release, but don't count on it. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that Burn 5 would be stupidly broken (30% damage in 10 seconds on top of any other damages you're piling on? ...Yeah).

ThEoRy
May 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
it woulnt be broken at all if enemy resistance to SEs were raised up making lvl 4 SEs less effective therefore making lvl 5 SEs necessary.

Yoshiflash
May 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
On 2007-05-18 10:59, Octagon wrote:
it woulnt be broken at all if enemy resistance to SEs were raised up making lvl 4 SEs less effective therefore making lvl 5 SEs necessary.

um...what? Why bother changing anything then?

I dunno...I'm happy with the new skill caps personally. I mean...it's no different than it is now. Fortegunner is still gonna have plenty on guntecher.

Fortetechers TP, S wands/rod and 10 lvls of atk tech will have tons on aT.

The only ones getting shafted IMO...just like they are now..is fF. Still gonna get out done by fighgunner.

They get alot LESS than their nearest hybrid counterpart. No new weapons or nothin. Man they better make axes 31-40 just crush shit, or I'll never be using my fF much like I don't now.

amtalx
May 18, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-05-18 08:59, Niered wrote:

Im going to have to concur on the dissapointment behind this. I mean, c'mon, were FORTEgunners, we are the best of the best in regards to gunnery, and yet the hybrids get just as good stuff. It just doesnt make sense to me.

There's more to a class than your Max Skill/Bullet level. Keep in mind that we have S rank rifles and a far superior ATA modifier. We also have a slightly better ATP modifier. I was kinda grumpy about Guntecheres getting our bullet levels at one point too. Then someone pointed out that we will still out-damage them AND happily toss out SEs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CelestialBlade
May 18, 2007, 02:16 PM
It'd be nice if Ranger-types could use SE5. I'm really seeing my Guntecher's usefulness fade with how easy Traps are to use and obtain....I'm having trouble finding something that really sets us above all the rest in terms of what we bring to a party.

I think Traps are very useful, sure, but it nearly obsoletes the SE4 Burn on my Rifle.

amtalx
May 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-05-18 12:16, Typheros wrote:
It'd be nice if Ranger-types could use SE5. I'm really seeing my Guntecher's usefulness fade with how easy Traps are to use and obtain....I'm having trouble finding something that really sets us above all the rest in terms of what we bring to a party.

I think Traps are very useful, sure, but it nearly obsoletes the SE4 Burn on my Rifle.

Not quite true. G traps are SE3 I believe. SE4 is still very useful.

ThEoRy
May 18, 2007, 02:35 PM
On 2007-05-18 12:04, Yoshiflash wrote:

Huh? I wasn't clear enough? OK. THE MONSTERS ARE STRONGER. Lets say you are facing lvl 175 monsters. Do you really think lvl 4 SE would be as effective as it is now? LVL 5 would be needed. It might feel as though it's the same as using lvl 4 SEs against lower lvl monsters(and it should), but seeing as the monsters are much stronger, lvl 4 would be LESS EFFECTIVE against those monsters (like trying to debuff a lvl 100+ Gol Dova with a power lvl 2 jellen, aka good luck buddy it doesn't work)making lvl 5 necessary.

Yoshiflash
May 18, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-05-18 12:35, Octagon wrote:

Huh? I wasn't clear enough? OK. THE MONSTERS ARE STRONGER. Lets say you are facing lvl 175 monsters. Do you really think lvl 4 SE would be as effective as it is now? LVL 5 would be needed. It might feel as though it's the same as using lvl 4 SEs against lower lvl monsters(and it should), but seeing as the monsters are much stronger, lvl 4 would be LESS EFFECTIVE against those monsters (like trying to debuff a lvl 100+ Gol Dova with a power lvl 2 jellen, aka good luck buddy it doesn't work)making lvl 5 necessary.

Ok yeah i gotcha, if the higher leveled monsters had higher resistance when they come out. Just sounded like you meant they should chnage the current monsters resistance and add lvl 5 SEs which would kinda defeat the purpose.

fireant
May 18, 2007, 02:44 PM

I agree with you. I play as a Guntecher and we get the level 40 bullets, level 30 support techs and bigger weapon set. I think Fortegunners need something to put them over the top.

natewifi
May 18, 2007, 02:44 PM

Then there woud be no point in having SE5 it would be the same thing as SE4 in ver.1, all that would just be a waist of time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zarode
May 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-05-18 12:23, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-05-18 12:16, Typheros wrote:

Not quite true. G traps are SE3 I believe. SE4 is still very useful.

It's SE4. And regulars are SE2.

Yoshiflash
May 18, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-05-18 12:44, fireant wrote:

I agree with you. I play as a Guntecher and we get the level 40 bullets, level 30 support techs and bigger weapon set. I think Fortegunners need something to put them over the top.

2 words: virus traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

wait, wait.

4 more: level twenty melee skills

Alkaar
May 18, 2007, 03:10 PM
Okay, so Forte classes dont get higher than level 40 photon arts, but each Forte class does get to use weapons up to S rank that are specifically for that Forte class.

Those weapons along with how well you play your character are part of what can make a Forte class better than the hybird classes.

Sure... Fortegunners and Guntechers may have level 40 bullets, but the Fortegunner can easily outdamage a Guntecher with bullets, especially if you're a CAST Fortegunner; you get a stat bonus as a CAST fG.

Another thing... SE5 would not be impossible to implement for photon arts other than buffs/debuffs. If ST decides to give us S3 missions, I can see how we can get SE5 to deal with heavy duty creatures in PSU.

SE5 would probably mean more damage, duration, and chance of inflicting the SE.

ThEoRy
May 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
On 2007-05-18 12:44, natewifi wrote:

Then there woud be no point in having SE5 it would be the same thing as SE4 in ver.1, all that would just be a waist of time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

yeah you're right there would be no point in having a SE that actually works against HIGHER LVL MONSTERS. I suppose power lvl 5 buffs/debuffs would be pointless too as it would be the same thing as lvl 3 is now.

panzer_unit
May 18, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-05-18 13:12, Octagon wrote:
yeah you're right there would be no point in having a SE that actually works against HIGHER LVL MONSTERS. I suppose power lvl 5 buffs/debuffs would be pointless too as it would be the same thing as lvl 3 is now.

You're clueless.

Status effects work EXACTLY THE SAME regardless of the monster's level. The only variable is if/how often you do 0 damage because of high DFP or high EVP.
Except for damage taken from hits and the tiny chance the SE never kicks in on either of them, it's no different to fight a lv50 or lv200 robot with killer shot. You'll get the auto kill somewhere in the first dozen hits, give or take.
SE4 burn will have the same odds of catching and deal the same 5% of a monster's max HP per tick no matter what level it is or how many HP it's got.

SE5 SE's would just be more broken than SE4 and that's all there is to it.

Phetty
May 18, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-05-18 12:35, Octagon wrote:

Id think that Monsters are no different then us in terms of STA/END. Unless they are buffed or entirely different (ex:Vahra->Go Vahra) they'll be just as effective as they are now.

ThEoRy
May 18, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-05-18 13:35, panzer_unit wrote:

You're clueless.

Status effects work EXACTLY THE SAME regardless of the monster's level. The only variable is if/how often you do 0 damage because of high DFP or high EVP.
Except for damage taken from hits and the tiny chance the SE never kicks in on either of them, it's no different to fight a lv50 or lv200 robot with killer shot. You'll get the auto kill somewhere in the first dozen hits, give or take.
SE4 burn will have the same odds of catching and deal the same 5% of a monster's max HP per tick no matter what level it is or how many HP it's got.

thank you for proving my point.

"The only variable is if/how often you do 0 damage because of high DFP or high EVP."
Don't you think a lvl 200 monster will have extremely high dfp and evp?

and... "Except for damage taken from hits and the tiny chance the SE never kicks in on either of them"
You mean like trying to use Stun(nosdiga) against S2 Jarbas(never works)?

Now unless that monster has a particular immunity against stun, I would like to think a lvl 5 SE would work against him. No?

Alkaar
May 18, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-05-18 14:00, Octagon wrote:

You're clueless.

"The only variable is if/how often you do 0 damage because of high DFP or high EVP."

and... "Except for damage taken from hits and the tiny chance the SE never kicks in on either of them"

Now unless that monster has a particular immunity against stun, I would like to think a lvl 5 SE would work against him. No?

Yep, SE5 would definitely help out in this sort of situation. Level 200 creatures?! Yikes!

With higher defense and evasion, meaning more zero's (0) than usual, SE5 wouldn't be a bad idea.

Soukosa
May 18, 2007, 05:33 PM
* SEs will never works on the true bosses. Higher level SEs won't do squat since they're merely immune to them all.
* If we reach lv 200 enemies, they will be meant to be hard and take down. Not another thing for you to push out of the way easily with broken SEs.
* Normal traps are SE1, G traps are SE3, the EX trap is likely SE3 as well. SE4 from weapons will always be better in cases when dealing with a single target over traps. If you feel threatened by traps then you're doing something wrong.
* Though not mentioned here, but I'm sure it eventually will be... don't expect any ranged weapon other rifles and longbows to go past SE3. Those two weapons having SE4 is easily their biggest point in using them and will lose such if another weapon gained that.

And for the 500th time, there won't be an S3, S4, etc rank! If they intended there to be another rank (in this version at least) why would all of the new higher end S2 ranks for the missions not go beyond lv 110 with the enemies? Maybe just maybe they don't want to go any higher and thus they intend to stop at S2 rank.

ThEoRy
May 18, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-05-18 15:33, Sounomi wrote:
* SEs will never works on the true bosses. Higher level SEs won't do squat since they're merely immune to them all.
* If we reach lv 200 enemies, they will be meant to be hard and take down. Not another thing for you to push out of the way easily with broken SEs.
* Normal traps are SE1, G traps are SE3, the EX trap is likely SE3 as well. SE4 from weapons will always be better in cases when dealing with a single target over traps. If you feel threatened by traps then you're doing something wrong.
* Though not mentioned here, but I'm sure it eventually will be... don't expect any ranged weapon other rifles and longbows to go past SE3. Those two weapons having SE4 is easily their biggest point in using them and will lose such if another weapon gained that.

And for the 500th time, there won't be an S3, S4, etc rank! If they intended there to be another rank (in this version at least) why would all of the new higher end S2 ranks for the missions not go beyond lv 110 with the enemies? Maybe just maybe they don't want to go any higher and thus they intend to stop at S2 rank.

Most of your statements make a lot of sense except the end. this topic isn't about this version. It states in the topic "AoI Ranger Bullets"
So then who do we fight when we ourselves reach lvl 180+? wouldn't that be just like a lvl 80 doing a B run or an A run now? Maybe they won't call it S3 or S4, maybe the current mission ranks will be rebalanced I dont know. but I'm willing to bet there will be some form of "ultimate mode". otherwise the enemies WILL be easily pushed out of the way even on our current S2 missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-05-18 16:06 ]</font>

pokefiend
May 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
I hope if it does exist, SE5 Shock and SE5 Silience can infect Jarbas and Vil de bears. >''<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-05-18 16:20 ]</font>

natewifi
May 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-05-18 14:00, Octagon wrote:

You're clueless.

Aaahhh, I see exactly what your saying, your thinking ahead of time when you become far more advanced within the range of lv100 and up.

Pillan
May 19, 2007, 09:49 AM
The entire dam-series gets SE 4 (with bigger range and higher damage, ST STILL thought Dambarta needed to be MORE broken?), so I won't be surprised if handguns and crossbows also gain it and rifles/bows eventually gain SE 5. I mean, you can't possibly try to argue that an SE 5 rifle is more broken than Dambarta freezing a room full of large mobs several meters away from an fT. Let's also not forget that the dam-series had no SE growth before 31, so that really throws out any assumption of static bullet level in the final version.

I doubt any SE5 will increase in damage, just infliction rate. Not to mention there are enemies in the 40 STA range that can only be hit by burn 4 (Junsugun and several large mobs with shields), which suggests that the other SEs need level 5 to hit them. Also, as mentioned earlier, SE 5 won't fix immunities (no shocking/silencing/confusing large mobs and no anything to bosses).

Then again, they might just hold off higher level SEs for rangers until PT, GT, and fG get level 41+ bullets.

On the S3 mission note: If ST continues the current general pattern of increasing weapon star rarity with every 10 enemy levels, we'll definitely see mobs in the 150+ range (dropping 15 star weapons) and given that a rank usually lasts for around 30 enemy levels, odds are we will see an S3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-05-19 07:56 ]</font>

Lyrise
May 19, 2007, 11:02 AM
What made damubarta broken is pushback, not freeze level. In beta, it lost that property; if your tech doesn't freeze the target on first contact, good luck trying to hold back that large mob.

amtalx
May 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
Dam-series gets SE4? Thats some bullshit. Now im pissed.

Sexy_Raine
May 19, 2007, 11:35 AM
My Nova killed 2 lv 95 Druas, by herself in like one minute using the Falgohoh with Burning shot 30. Not only are they fire based enemies but also bullet resistant. If that's not overowered, I don't know what is.

Techs aren't overpowered, fortetecher isn't that dominating. It's Killer/Burning/Dark shot that's broke, but it would be awesome if they got SE5, I enjoy being overpowered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-05-19 09:42 ]</font>

Pillan
May 19, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-05-19 09:02, Lyrise wrote:
What made damubarta broken is pushback, not freeze level. In beta, it lost that property; if your tech doesn't freeze the target on first contact, good luck trying to hold back that large mob.

Oh? I wasn’t aware of that.

But the fact remains that SE 4 x 6 is way higher landing rate than the SE 5 x 1.5 you get on a rifle in the same amount of time (aside from the 40 STA case I mentioned earlier). SE 5 bullets aren’t overpowered compared to that either way.

Scion
May 19, 2007, 11:40 AM
On 2007-05-19 09:02, Lyrise wrote:

It's about DAM time! HAHA! Get it?!

*cricket chirp*

Not my crowd I guess >.>

Anyways, I'm FREAKIN' GLAD that's going to happen. Speaking as a Fortetecher myself, I personally hate this tech, lol. I mean, I use it if the situation calls for it...but I'm one of the very few who do that. Most of the time, it's just spammed to Hell.

Maybe we will see other ice techs? And maybe *gasp* people will start using barta! <3

That just made my day! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

amtalx
May 19, 2007, 01:30 PM
I don't think Killer Shot/Virus/Burn are broke. Those are primarily a rangers job, and rangers can't solo for jack. They are designed as a support class. If they could solo as well as say a FG or a FT, then mabye.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
About GTs getting max bullets, its obviously cuz they get exclusive S rank access to certain weapons. It only makes sense. I feel that Sega wanted every class with exclusivity to S weapons get the max PA cap to that respective weapon. It would otherwise screw over people who like twin pistols, xbows, and machine guns and at the same time, want max bullets.

Sychosis
May 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-05-19 11:30, amtalx wrote:
I don't think Killer Shot/Virus/Burn are broke. Those are primarily a rangers job, and rangers can't solo for jack. They are designed as a support class. If they could solo as well as say a FG or a FT, then mabye.

Then what is all this I hear about fGs soloing S2s in 30-40 minutes?

amtalx
May 19, 2007, 01:54 PM
On 2007-05-19 11:47, Sychosis wrote:

Lies and slander thats what. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yoshiflash
May 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-05-19 11:54, amtalx wrote:

Lies and slander thats what. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thats a joke right? I mean, really, please tell me thats a joke. Theres nothin in this game that even remotely compares to a fortegunners solo ability, save for on a few key stages(easy stages). I can solo S rank Rainbow Beast S2 in 29 min as a female beast fG with very few bullets and only rank 9. God knows what my real fG is gonna be able to do, but he's been leveling fF.

imfanboy
May 19, 2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, exactly. Gunners are about the easiest solo class; that'll probably change in AoI when Wartechers get SE4 burn from Foie, level 30 Photon Arts, and 3 bullets on the card but for now fortegunner is usually the fastest to solo and guntechers can earn S ranks even with NPCs on the most dangerous of missions.

There are very few enemies that are bullet immune, and even then we can burn them for massive damage THEN bust out with Buten Shuren-zan or (in the case of fortegunners) Dus Daggas.

Killer shot is the solo'ers DREAM, too - I can rape and pillage my way through any area that has lots of robots, unless they have Grinne Betas at the end. Even then, I can handle it by slapping some infection down and then switching to a decent dagger or, in the case of my newman GT, I've actually taken to using plain ol' Diga against them. With a retaride I can do 600 damage a shot... wonder how much more I'll get out of it when I have a few ground Majimras in my inventory.

amtalx
May 19, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-05-19 12:32, Yoshiflash wrote:

On 2007-05-19 11:54, amtalx wrote:

Thats a joke right? I mean, really, please tell me thats a joke. Theres nothin in this game that even remotely compares to a fortegunners solo ability, save for on a few key stages(easy stages). I can solo S rank Rainbow Beast S2 in 29 min as a female beast fG with very few bullets and only rank 9. God knows what my real fG is gonna be able to do, but he's been leveling fF.

Could just be because I haven't tried to solo in a loooong time. I tried way back when (30-some levels ago), and got a quick lesson. Since then I prefer to play with friends. Besides, its a party game after all. The only reason I see to solo is so that you can stroke your e-penis by posting completion times to demonstrate how supremely awesome you are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifExhibit A^^

Yoshiflash
May 19, 2007, 04:16 PM
I could be soloing to get items or to level PAs without leeching, but, you know, whatever.

My being supremely awesome has nothing to do with it and remains a constant whether or not I tell you about it anyways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-19 14:19 ]</font>

Hrith
May 20, 2007, 04:03 AM
I'd say Fortegunner can solo S2 missions the fastest >_>
Guntecher has an easier job soloing, but it will take longer.

I'd like Lv5 SEs on Rifles just to bypass shield icons on medium monsters >=/

Feelmirath
May 20, 2007, 04:18 AM
I just thought of what the % element on 31+ bullets could be.

Wow.

Mio
May 20, 2007, 06:14 AM
Does anyone know lvl 31 to 40 bullets elemental %? Please I really want to know!

Hrith
May 20, 2007, 08:57 AM
Over 9000?

Shiro_Ryuu
May 20, 2007, 09:22 AM
I kind of hope that there isn't an elemenetal or SE lv increase after lv 30, I'm beginning to think that we're getting back to PSO again w/ Rangers being broken and Hunters being useless.

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 09:30 AM
On 2007-05-18 15:33, Sounomi wrote:

You give pretty useful advice when you're not trying to sound like the omnipotent God of all things Sonic Team. Theories and educated guesses are fine, but you don't know a damned thing about Sonic Team's intentions because you don't work for them, and you also can't predict the future.

Mio
May 20, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-05-20 07:22, Shiroryuu wrote:
I kind of hope that there isn't an elemenetal or SE lv increase after lv 30, I'm beginning to think that we're getting back to PSO again w/ Rangers being broken and Hunters being useless.

Well it's confirmed we will have an elemental bonus actually, Itsuki-chan just wrote about the shotgun elemental increase.

Nothing can surpass the damage dealt by a lvl 80/10 beast male fortefighter with 50% twin daggers renkai ATM.

I watched a video with seance doing over 500+ per hit with the Renkai spam hit combo.

amtalx
May 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-05-20 07:22, Shiroryuu wrote:

If there wasn't an elemental OR SE level increase, what would be the point of going to 40? If its just an accuracy increase that would be a little silly but I wouldn't put it past ST.

Interesting. I always felt a little underpowered next to Hunters in PSO (I was a RAcast.) Most situations could be dealt with rather quickly with a group of HUcasts swinging J-Swords. Could be because there were ENTIRELY too many J-swords floating around...hmmm.