PDA

View Full Version : From time to time ---players behavior on PSU---

Cz
May 18, 2007, 01:00 PM
I would love to have a positive community of players on PSU, but i know it is something too much to ask from me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I have encountered many types of person with different behavior everyday on PSU. Some are nice, some are positive, others are rude, and others are negative.
My question is: "when playing with others, how do you deal with a specific players and their attitudes on PSU?"

P.S. stay on topic, dont start a flame on my thread or else the Bunny will curse you to fail your synth!

Freshellent
May 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
Really it depends on the mood I'm in. I know that's pretty generic but it's the truth.

For the most part I try to be as nice as possible without having a constant shi- eating grin,or sounding sarcastic. I'm a decently laid back person and I often spend my mornings when logging on looking for fresh ID's,trying my best to welcome them in with a little starting money a weapon/armor here and there.

When I come across rude/negative people I might try to do one of two things. Either ignore them outright or play it off like the way they want to see my reaction. In all honesty I stopped caring about negativity a while ago. I've gotten really sick of hearing how this game is not like WoW/FFXI/CoH/EveryotherMMO ever. I've grown really tired of the complaints in general.

If it's that bad then just go back. I don't care if this game is not like PSO enough for you. Just go back and play it. I realize some of you my not have access to it but it does not mean you need to come up to me and berate me for playing this game which I currently enjoy.

Even while the complaints come I have never once said "Well then just shut up and go back."

I try to maintain a nice attitude about it,I defend ST,the community,gameplay,etc as best I can without insulting the other player. I've been told I'm just biased before. Which is prolly true seeing how it is I prefer 2-D fighters to anything. The point is I try to remain positive in general.

I welcome "noobs" I think I have enough witnesses to atone for that. I even find myself helping vets on this game. Really I'm just a player in a small community. Just like the rest of you.

Personally I think it's a waste of time to get upset about the small stuff and even the little flame wars that break out here on the boards and the little outburst on how much this game "sucks." You'll notice I troll more than I actually have input,mostly because I don't have anything to say,worthwhile for that matter.

Like I've said. Our community is too small to have people that don't get along. You can't really go anywhere without somehow recognizing a name,knowing someone who knows that person etc. Besides,you never know who's on the other side of that screen. I've met alot of amazing people on here and made some great friends. Something I didn't expect here.

I think we're doing pretty well for no PvP,or any real way to compete/compare with one another other than our accomplishments based on PA lvls,Class lvl,your TEAMWORK,appearance,act makes up everything for you. For the most part we're pretty tight nit,I have yet to find someone I want to outright avoid (That's partly a lie,I do avoid people but that's because I really am a prick.)

In the end I try to remain positive. I try to stay nice,I try to stay helpful. I help pretty much anyone who asks me. There are times when I do only what I want but I'm sure you can understand. I deal with people differently based on what they do to me,but for the most part I stay nice.

Rashiid
May 18, 2007, 01:24 PM
ignoring is key.

Deja
May 18, 2007, 01:28 PM
I act nice to everyone, even if they tell me to go to hell (which happened yesterday cause I died without scapes lol).

People are nice at heart, but sometimes pressures to be the best (in a stupid video game at that) make them annoying/mean/lame/unfunny/etc.

Daremo
May 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
Whenever anyone does that stupid spamming of the level up noise I just keep saying congrats like it does not bother me. Really it is annoying, but by screaming and yelling and cursing at whoever to stop you are encouraging them more it seems. Best advice is not to let it phase you. People will be people, and this is just a game.

Midicronica
May 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
Depends on the mood I'm in really. I play with a pretty spontaneous bunch and sometimes they're usual joking can be a bit nerve racking, other times I'll joke right back, or I'll just remain quiet. As I said before, it depends on the mood I'm in.

spookeysmoker
May 18, 2007, 01:36 PM
Me usually i tend to run into pretty nice people on PSU.Only jackasses i run into are the higher level people who are at hot springs who say stuff like "Omg how the hell did a lvl46er get down here"I usually ignore them but besides that i usually run into pretty nice people.I can say i think the community is better than pso,It may not be bigger but its better.

Zorafim
May 18, 2007, 01:38 PM
I haven't really found any rude players in PSU, but that may just be because I could be the rudest one >.>
I act humble around nice people, goofy around the fun lovers, and I make fun of the rude people (rather, make fun of their statements). Things don't upset me if aimed at me, since I can take a beating quite well, but I cannot stand when perfectly good players or objects are insulted (rabid fanboy, remember?). For these things, I do tend to blow up, but in the past that was mostly due to school stress levels.

Feel free to contradict me, I can't talk about my self in the third person if I only see myself in the first person, after all.

spookeysmoker
May 18, 2007, 01:40 PM
Can i quote this Zorafim and use it on my myspace?
"Feel free to contradict me, I can't talk about my self in the third person if I only see myself in the first person, after all."

Shiro_Ryuu
May 18, 2007, 01:45 PM
Well, if I'm the leader, and I see someone acting like an ass, like bitching about someone dying w/o a scape doll, fllipping out for gettting a bad rare, or bashing for character/race/type combos, I'll boot them. If not, I leave or ignore them.

Rashiid
May 18, 2007, 01:48 PM
trying to tell someone about a rumor is hella difficult.

"FEED UR PM TO INCREASE THE SUCCESS!!"

can never get to those ppl, even if the rest of the party knows too that its not true.

Zorafim
May 18, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-05-18 11:40, spookeysmoker wrote:
Can i quote this Zorafim and use it on my myspace?

Oh sure, all yours.

chibiLegolas
May 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
Well, this IS a co-op game (one of the reasons I enjoy PSO/PSU), and in general, I view myself as being mello/laid-back.
Ppl want to break out of grinding popular missions or do a planet tour? I'm SO there.
Need help with switches? Cool.
My main's almost capped out and grinding for exp. or items isn't so much a priority for me anymore. So I just wanna explore the universe now whenever I can and have fun.

Some times things get to me if offender bothers me more than once. But then I'd just leave or I boot them (depending if I'm leader).
Hacking bothered me. MP leeching bothers me. Overpriced items bothers me.
The lack of keyboard/mic to chill out with ppl bothers me.
Most recently, ppl who avoid certain rares in "set in order" bothers me.
*shrug*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-05-18 12:08 ]</font>

ashley50
May 18, 2007, 02:10 PM
I'm nice to every random Party that i join and Help out newbies once in awhile when i have time. But I WILL rarely talk as I don't know the players much atm.

if players treat me nicely, I'll return the same kindness to them. ppl who met me would know =p

amtalx
May 18, 2007, 02:20 PM
I usually ride my keyboard until I can decide if my party will be full of jackassery. If they are nice, I'll speak up and join the conversation. If I feel I'm partying with a bunch of children (no offense to the youngsters out there are are cool) I'll just complete the mission and say my goodbyes.

ChaotistRazor
May 18, 2007, 02:22 PM
I act the same way in game as I do in real life, I just reflect other player's attitudes right back at them. I'm nice to the nice people, joke around with the pranksters, and piss off the pricks.

VanHalen
May 18, 2007, 02:41 PM
When I'm with friends and someone joins our party and starts acting like a jerk we kind of play along and laugh with or at them. Mainly I try to act like a nice person.

One time my friend had rares set to random and my friend and this other guy kept getting all the rare items. Another dude joins yells at my friend for putting it on random since he wasn't getting any. After awhile he was getting kind of annoying so I made him be quiet by saying something random. "Your ruining the roleplay value of a party sir http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif " Then he quickly apoligized and didn't complain after. We weren't even roleplaying either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-18 12:41 ]</font>

Mystil
May 18, 2007, 05:50 PM
My blacklist is getting pretty big http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Palefire
May 18, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-05-18 11:22, Icespike wrote:
Really it depends on the mood I'm in. I know that's pretty generic but it's the truth.

For the most part I try to be as nice as possible without having a constant shi- eating grin,or sounding sarcastic. I'm a decently laid back person and I often spend my mornings when logging on looking for fresh ID's,trying my best to welcome them in with a little starting money a weapon/armor here and there.

When I come across rude/negative people I might try to do one of two things. Either ignore them outright or play it off like the way they want to see my reaction. In all honesty I stopped caring about negativity a while ago. I've gotten really sick of hearing how this game is not like WoW/FFXI/CoH/EveryotherMMO ever. I've grown really tired of the complaints in general.

If it's that bad then just go back. I don't care if this game is not like PSO enough for you. Just go back and play it. I realize some of you my not have access to it but it does not mean you need to come up to me and berate me for playing this game which I currently enjoy.

Even while the complaints come I have never once said "Well then just shut up and go back."

It also helps to remember that usually these kinds of players typically are attracted to the novelty of "new" games, and that once the Next Big Thing comes out, they drop their current game and migrate like lemmings to it. Once they do, they'll start comparing the new game to the ones they played previously.

So don't worry...eventually they'll be complaining in their new game, "This SUCKS! PSU was sooooooo much better/cooler!"

Aaomi
May 18, 2007, 08:41 PM
play with others... what?

Sinue_v2
May 18, 2007, 08:57 PM
Eh, it depends on my mood. I'm the kind of person who can just as easily transition from a repectful, intelligent, and competant C-Mode teammate on the JP servers, to a lobby-humping profanity spewing asshole streight out of Oberon 1-1. Really just depends on the mood I'm in.

Parn
May 18, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty laid back, especially compared to what I used to be like back in the PSO days. If I'm in a group and some kind of controversy kicks in, I don't even waste any time... I go straight to log out and find something else to do.

Sekani
May 18, 2007, 09:24 PM
I'm only mean to my friends. True story.

Finae
May 18, 2007, 09:38 PM
Dunno, matters how I feel for that day.
Pissed off mood : I won't be nice, I'd be a a-hat, but I won't try to say much so you'd know I'm pissed off
Cheerful mood : Ignore
Gloomy mood : Negative
Tired mood : Ignore, wouldn't even seen what you said, basically playing in zombie mode
In the middle mood : Will attempt to say what i want to say in a nice way. IF that doesn't work, ignore.

Also matters what they are talking about. I tend to be a-hat towards elitest and people who think they are better than any other person. If someone is starting a fight with a friend of mine or just a random I get along with, I usually will start something with them and its the nasty kind of attitude.

omegapirate2k
May 18, 2007, 10:52 PM
Eh, I make fun of people who have a bad attitude, it usually works.

Saner
May 18, 2007, 11:17 PM
I feel voice chat ruined Xbox360 PSU.

I can handle text insults but over a mic, a negative atmosphere becomes even more serious and hideous.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 19, 2007, 12:18 AM
I'm usually rather abrasive until you get to know me. Given that, I'm surprised by the number of people who send me their cards after a few runs.

AweOfShe
May 19, 2007, 12:44 AM
On 2007-05-18 20:52, omegapirate2k wrote:

I think if we ever played together, we'd get along really well, and double ko the people that deserve it. XD

trunkszero
May 19, 2007, 02:54 AM
On 2007-05-18 11:36, spookeysmoker wrote:
Me usually i tend to run into pretty nice people on PSU.Only jackasses i run into are the higher level people who are at hot springs who say stuff like "Omg how the hell did a lvl46er get down here"I usually ignore them but besides that i usually run into pretty nice people.I can say i think the community is better than pso,It may not be bigger but its better.

lol you summed up basically what I was gonna say

SteveP
May 19, 2007, 03:38 AM
I got kicked from a room for not selling my Crea Doubles to this guy for 3.5mill.

How petty can you get.

Ignore them is the best.

-Ryuki-
May 19, 2007, 03:52 AM
It really depends. I normally wake up feeling good, and
for the most part, I'm normally nice to people. However,
if I'm provoked, I kind of lose my cool and become a spitfire.
At times, some people are just so stupid, that I react involuntarily.

creativehope
May 19, 2007, 05:55 AM
Hmm. I'd have to say that I am normally very nice. I dont speak much though, I'd rather type. If I see nice lower l people then I help them by any means I can. I try my best to avoid confrontational people and those who are only in the game to score something big and then leave or boot fellow players. But with that said if you flame a friend or try anything that you wouldnt want someone to do to you whether it be someone dying without a scape or not liking how the items are set even though you just joined mid mission. then I'm going to let you have it. You will receive a tongue lashing. because I honestly dont like when people enter a party or play a game and before they get to know anything or anyone they want to change things their way.

Well thats enough of my rant, Anyone who truly knows me knows that I am a nice person, so I will leave it at that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sylpheed
May 19, 2007, 07:33 AM
I'm pretty laid back myself, if im in a pick up party ill most probably join in the conversation if i can be bothered, if im tired ill just turn my mic off and listen to music or something. I only start to get aggressive to other people if they're bashing on a friend or unecessarily being a total fucktard towards the party or myself.

Kent
May 19, 2007, 08:56 AM
Same thing I do with morons in pretty much any case: Logic Bomb.

Usually, if someone's upset about something, or otherwise being an asshole for an actual reason, they can be either quelled or further upset by a few simple strings of logic sent their way. If they just get abusive, however, I just leave.

EL-0104
May 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
I'm usually solo. Just a few times where I had a few players join in while in missions. They were nice as far as that goes. Otherwise, like any common sense, if I am respected, I will give the same respect back. You can always come and say "HI!" to me anytime! I'm usually on Universe 2 Ps2/PC server.

Mattardo
May 19, 2007, 11:27 AM
I get their IP address, contact their cable provider, take a road-trip to their home and then punch 'em in the nose. YUP. Who's "them"? You know.... them's people's that's annoy's me's.

Flame6
May 20, 2007, 06:01 AM
I really dont like meeting new people. They normally have an annoying super young voice or just talk about crap i dont want to hear.

Palefire
May 20, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-05-18 20:52, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-05-19 06:56, Kent wrote:
Same thing I do with morons in pretty much any case: Logic Bomb.

Usually, if someone's upset about something, or otherwise being an asshole for an actual reason, they can be either quelled or further upset by a few simple strings of logic sent their way. If they just get abusive, however, I just leave.

Both of these work magical wonders in my experience. ^_^

Truthfully, I tend to stick to my own group of people I know offline and solo when they can't be on, so rude players are not usually an issue for me. A one-two punch of the above tactics is what I typically use when it happens.

Powder Keg
May 20, 2007, 11:55 AM
I've never really used the blacklist. Only once for a spammer long ago in a lobby somewhere.

Anyway, if someone has a negative attitude in the same team I'm in, I just say something basic like "there's no need to worry about it" or "It's the internet" if it's something personal that really doesn't belong. Making the whole argument/negative discussion stale is the best way to end it.

An example would be... I usually see a lot of people whining over female players playing with someone else, and a good "That person could be a hairy 40 year old for all you know" puts a quick end to that discussion.