PDA

View Full Version : In what hand do you wield "*oogs"?

Pheromone
May 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
Say for a Fortegunner, could you wield an xbow and a shadoog? or does it take the one hand gun slot?

Gryffin
May 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
I believe they are both left-hand weapons. (Ranged Slot)

Mainly because we NEEDED a left handed casting weapon. I don't know what the reason is for Shadoogs being Left-- other than Acrofighters specializing in 1 handed weapons and the incapability between equipping two right handed weapons.

Ravennittes
May 18, 2007, 05:39 PM
Lol, Madoog and a wand as a combo 0.o

Soukosa
May 18, 2007, 05:41 PM
Yes, shadoogs are left handed and most likely made that way due to how madoogs are and they got the idea to build a melee class that's optimized to use it like they did with madoogs and ATs.

Why FGs have them, I don't really know. I guess they figure that since some FGs use single handed melee weapons it may be of use to them in that case *shrug* At least they don't use BAs.

Saner
May 18, 2007, 11:18 PM
are madoogs much better than staffs?

Weeaboolits
May 18, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-05-18 21:18, Saner wrote:
are madoogs much better than staffs?Madoogs cast slightly faster than wands.

Sylpheed
May 19, 2007, 08:20 AM
I find it hard to understand why Fighgunners get Shadoogs when its a combined class of ranger and hunter, shadoogs shoot out magic as far as im aware so wouldnt they be better suited to wartecher and guntecher only?

Kent
May 19, 2007, 08:49 AM
Shadoogs shoot out bullets. They're basically automated turrets that take up the left hand slot.

Madoogs are left-handed casting weapons - something Wartecher desperately needs.

Rashiid
May 19, 2007, 08:50 AM

but with a Quick unit, Staffs are still way better

Kent
May 19, 2007, 09:07 AM
On 2007-05-19 06:50, Rashiid wrote:

...Well, I guess that depends on the star rating of the Madoog, whether or not it's better than a Staff, anyway.

That, in addition to the fact that a Staff is a right-handed weapon (a 2* one, at that) and that a Madoog is a type of left-handed weapon...

Being that Madoogs have a somewhat low PP pool (but they will recharge while you melee with your other hand), wouldn't Dam-series techniques be a good fit for them? Knockdown/launch followed by Dam-technique sounds like it could be good.

Rashiid
May 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
On 2007-05-19 07:07, Kent wrote:

On 2007-05-19 06:50, Rashiid wrote:

...Well, I guess that depends on the star rating of the Madoog, whether or not it's better than a Staff, anyway.

well being that the TP on Madoogs are lower then Wands, then attack wise it will be weaker

Sylpheed
May 19, 2007, 10:22 AM
So, if shadoogs shoot bullets do they shoot faster than a single pistol would, cause if they dont theyre pretty useless unless theryre damage to speed ratio is higher than that of a pistol.

Rashiid
May 19, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-05-19 08:22, Sylpheed wrote:
So, if shadoogs shoot bullets do they shoot faster than a single pistol would, cause if they dont theyre pretty useless unless theryre damage to speed ratio is higher than that of a pistol.

Shadoogs's SEs kick in ALOT, belived to be SE 4 or 3, and they shot faster then pisotls

edit: oh yeah, and never run outta PP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-05-19 08:30 ]</font>

DonRoyale
May 19, 2007, 10:36 AM
Madoogs have less PP and TP than Wands, but cast faster.

Plus, they grind well IIRC, and you get two different elemental bonuses with Madoogs and Wands, which can help immensely.

Sylpheed
May 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-05-19 08:26, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-05-19 08:22, Sylpheed wrote:

Shadoogs's SEs kick in ALOT, belived to be SE 4 or 3, and they shot faster then pisotls

edit: oh yeah, and never run outta PP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-05-19 08:30 ]</font>

Hmm they sound pretty kick ass.

Kent
May 19, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-05-19 08:36, DonRoyale wrote:
Madoogs have less PP and TP than Wands, but cast faster.

Plus, they grind well IIRC, and you get two different elemental bonuses with Madoogs and Wands, which can help immensely.

I'm curious as to how this would help immensely.

Chaobo99
May 19, 2007, 06:37 PM
well some people are to lazy to switch their pallete around so..for example, if you go to neudiaz where you can incounter both fire and ice enemies, you could have the wand be ice and the madoog be fire and just cast the diff casting weps at different time.
PLUS: While your casting one of the casters, the other will recharge

Soukosa
May 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
Shadoogs inflict SE 3, I tested it while I was playing the beta.

Madoogs were meant to go along side a single handed melee weapon for the use of lighter techs. They're only slightly faster at casting things than wands, so small that most probably won't even be able to tell.

Also, you don't use them things with a high PP cost like Resta, debuffs, dam techs, nos techs, etc since they'll run out of PP too quickly. Nor do you use them along side a wand to cover two elements or some other brain dead idea. Any of that makes me want to cry and makes you look more of a noob than a FI with nothing but double sabers.

Simply put, shadoogs are underrated while madoogs are overrated.

Rashiid
May 19, 2007, 09:24 PM
On 2007-05-19 19:13, Sounomi wrote:
Shadoogs inflict SE 3, I tested it while I was playing the beta.

Madoogs were meant to go along side a single handed melee weapon for the use of lighter techs. They're only slightly faster at casting things than wands, so small that most probably won't even be able to tell.

Also, you don't use them things with a high PP cost like Resta, debuffs, dam techs, nos techs, etc since they'll run out of PP too quickly. Nor do you use them along side a wand to cover two elements or some other brain dead idea. Any of that makes me want to cry and makes you look more of a noob than a FI with nothing but double sabers.

Simply put, shadoogs are underrated while madoogs are overrated.

indeed. a wand + madoog is just utterly stupid.

and for my Acrofighter (bullermaster) im gonna have a Shadoog on all single-handed weaps, since they rock hard.

and thnx for finding that is SE 3, thats still hella strong.

its good if sumone accidently idles in the middle of a fight, least its kind of a bodyguard.

Ether
May 19, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-05-19 19:24, Rashiid wrote:
indeed. a wand + madoog is just utterly stupid.

This automatically means its a good combo

Kimil
May 19, 2007, 09:56 PM
On 2007-05-19 19:13, Sounomi wrote:

Also, you don't use them things with a high PP cost like Resta, debuffs, dam techs, nos techs, etc since they'll run out of PP too quickly.

What About Level 20 Support Techs? (Wartechers)I don't mean Shifta/Deband/Zallure/Jellen/etc But Lvl 20 Resta and Level 20 Reverser.

Lvl 20 Reverser costs 10 PP, Resta lvl 20 costs 40 PP . While Resta is Stretching it, Madoogs as Reverser tools for Wartecher seem just fine don't they?

Also, an occational (meanting has time to regen) mag with lvl 30 Foie/ lvl 20 Jellen... would that really be so bad?
Or lvl 30 Dambarta/ lvl 20 Zalure
or lvl 30 Gizonde/ lvl 20 Zondeel

I'd Leave Buffing to the AT (when I'm not one myself of course) but just having Debuffs ready to cancel enemy buffs is a godsen at times, And I need them to give their partner the element % boost.

This palette seem reasonable considering my Support Techs WOuld cap at 40pp ( other than Reverser which would be 10pp) ?

1) Card / Crozier+10 (Resta/Giresta/Reverser) (Main Heal Stick)
2) Mag (Foie/Jellen) / Single Handed Melee
3a) Mag (Gizonde/Zondeel) / Single Handed Melee
3b) Mag (Dambarta/Zalure) / W'Gcros+10 Main Attack Stick
4) Mag (Reverser/Resta) / Single Handed Melee Reverser use mainly on the mag
5) Two Handed
6) Two Handed

-Ryuki-
May 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
I believe they're stronger, but they have less PP (Madoogs).
That's about it. I was messing with them in the beta, so I don't
remember exactly.

Soukosa
May 20, 2007, 01:49 AM
@Kimil
I'm not sure how it'd be on a WT, it probably could work. Still though, I wouldn't try using dam techs with a madoog, it'll run out of PP way too fast. Gi techs might work out if you don't spam them alot. I used ra techs on my beta ATs due to the lower cost but Gi techs might work out.

And well, it's generally you got people that seem to think they'll make an AT to use for melee and then madoogs to cast the high level support spells with while they do so that gets me going with this stuff. I started out my first AT with having Resta on a madoog while meleeing and after I decided to try it with offensive techs, it felt like a big waste of potential. Not to mention, higher tier support techs are gonna just rape its PP.

@Ryuki
The GRM madoogs have slightly less TP than a yohmei wand of the same rarity and roughly half the PP. They also have lower PP regen than wands (which is boosted in AoI for hybrids).