PDA

View Full Version : Lasers or Grenades?

Red_Sasori
May 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
Which do you think is more useful? Lasers are fairly powerful and can hit many enemies in a straight line, but they are slow and take forever to level up. Grenades are very strong and can disperse groups of enemies by knocking them around, but again they are slow and take a while to level (they only time I really use one is again De Ragan).

Golto
May 19, 2007, 01:34 PM
You can use Grenades to Stunlock some of the bigger monsters like Grinna Bete C and Kagajibari.

Fure_Rakune
May 19, 2007, 01:38 PM
In before charging muh lazerz.
I voted for the pink floyd light show weps cause they make spiffy noises.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fure_Rakune on 2007-05-19 11:39 ]</font>

Retehi
May 19, 2007, 01:46 PM
Lasers are only useful if you have the Ult PA to go with them.

amtalx
May 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
Both.

ThEoRy
May 19, 2007, 02:03 PM
they are both very situational. As a fT I do enjoy the mobs being knocked TOGETHER into walls or out of my path affording me the time to safely support the party with buffs/debuffs. Just be sure you don't go into NoobGunner status knocking everything APART when they were all tightly grouped ala tornado dance.

Red_Sasori
May 19, 2007, 02:11 PM
Thx for the info guys. I just need 4 more PA frags to get Maylee prism!

Nobo
May 19, 2007, 02:22 PM
Which one is Maylee prism? If you're lv 55+ get the grenade launcher one it OOWWNNS Jarbas with it's insant freeze. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

KamiSori
May 19, 2007, 02:39 PM
i luvz mah launcher. no seriously i love the grenade launcher, it has become one of my favorite weapons. its just powerful and fun. useful on most bosses, and most big enemies with more than one target. i cant even describe how easy de ragan is with a grenade launcher. but as said before, it is situational.

Garnet_Moon
May 19, 2007, 04:27 PM
Grenade Launcher

Boss Weapon: [X]
Sub-boss Weapon: [X]
Crowd Control: [X]
Gimpsauce: [_]

Laser

Boss Weapon: [_]
Sub-boss Weapon: [_]
Crowd Control: [_]
Gimpsauce: [X]

Really. I don't see why people use lasers. Laser PA's are useless even if the party has no idea what it's doing.

Kerschweiser
May 19, 2007, 05:52 PM
This poll fails because both have situational perks. Lasers are favorable for small, fast targets and some medium sized ones. I fire randomly and get the attention of what I can.

Bunched up small fry = easy TECH *cough*barta*cough* targets.

Grenade launchers are better for medium to large targets for knock-back/down. Keeps the fighters safe till thier 3rd combo stage.

Magashi
May 19, 2007, 06:42 PM
Regular laser cannons are crap but a Degahna cannon rapes...

Garnet_Moon
May 19, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-05-19 16:42, Magashi wrote:
Regular laser cannons are crap but a Degahna cannon rapes...

If by "rapes" you mean "looks cool" then I agree.