PDA

View Full Version : I need help from X360 PSU Players.

drakkula
May 19, 2007, 05:14 PM
Ive been playing PSU on PC since November, but im tired of the lack of players and ridiculous prices( yesterday I saw people selling Halarod[B] for 80M, its freaking bizarre!
So this afternoon I went to my brother's house to play X360 online, it is really good stuff and now I am thinking of buying the console and starting from the scretch, but to do that I'd like to know:

1-how big the population is?
2-is it possible to find people to play with anywhere, anytime? just doing the same mission for more than 3 weeks is too boring!
3-Does the voice chat work fine?
4-What about prices? how much would a Halarod B cost?
5-Anything else you think it is worth the change for! =]

Thanks in advance guys!
Kk

Sychosis
May 19, 2007, 05:19 PM
1) 2-2 1/2 Unis filled during peak. More after update of course.
2) If you play with randoms, you'll still have to stick to the highest meseta per hour missions unfortunately.
3) Haven't had any problems with it as of late. Makes communication a breeze without having to stop to type.
4) 5-6 million?
5) Me & Parn. How can you go wrong?

Anduril
May 19, 2007, 05:20 PM
1- Usually the first 2 universes are full
2- If you're lucky. Most people I see are either hanging out by the Linear Line on the Colony or in the SeaBed.
3- It works okay, if you have good speakers. Mine suck.
4.- Prices are okay sometimes. I think i saw only 3 Halarods for sale in shops. Most already made at max price.
5- I couldn't tell you if it was that much worth it to change. The only reason I started on 360 was the hacking on PC, but since that has been worked on there is no strong reason to pick one over the other.

buzyb77
May 19, 2007, 05:27 PM
1. UNI 1 Full 70% of the Time Uni 2 is like 3-5 Stars During primetime
2. if you look around you Should Find people in places and the Fire Break event is comming
3. Voice chat has problems at times and some never Use it but you can put a USB keyboard to the 360
4.... never found one for less than max money atm..... and there are only 6 on the Servers atm.
5. well your brother plays the 360 version. um... get a jump getting a 360 For other Great games that are comming out. and you can talk to your brother without the pesky phone that the little woman ties up.

Games that look really coolbtw in my thoughts.. Bioshock, TustyBell/Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Too Human, Two Worlds, Thenchu Z, and FordZA 2.

other benifits. Bigger Screen, you can Sit in a Recliner/lie on the couch, if you need Quick info on something you can just look it up on your PC no minimising Window, Some TV Shows you can Download to own. And if you gett really tired of Playing PSU you Have a Great System thatwill allow Different game than the PC.

BTw atm I am A 77 Fortetecher newman..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-05-19 15:29 ]</font>

drakkula
May 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
hum....max price? u mean 99M???????? I thought there were more ppl playing...

drakkula
May 19, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-05-19 15:27, buzyb77 wrote:
1. UNI 1 Full 70% of the Time Uni 2 is like 3-5 Stars During primetime
2. if you look around you Should Find people in places and the Fire Break event is comming
3. Voice chat has problems at times and some never Use it but you can put a USB keyboard to the 360
4.... never found one for less than max money atm..... and there are only 6 on the Servers atm.
5. well your brother plays the 360 version. um... get a jump getting a 360 For other Great games that are comming out. and you can talk to your brother without the pesky phone that the little woman ties up.

Games that look really coolbtw in my thoughts.. Bioshock, TustyBell/Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Too Human, Two Worlds, Thenchu Z, and FordZA 2.

other benifits. Bigger Screen, you can Sit in a Recliner/lie on the couch, if you need Quick info on something you can just look it up on your PC no minimising Window, Some TV Shows you can Download to own. And if you gett really tired of Playing PSU you Have a Great System thatwill allow Different game than the PC.

BTw atm I am A 77 Fortetecher newman..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-05-19 15:29 ]</font>

you made your point=]
yeah I played Forza and I was like, I wanna play this S****!!

I forgot to mention I am a Fortecher 80/10....as I can see the switching is not worth, but the X360 is! =]

buzyb77
May 19, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-05-19 15:28, drakkula wrote:
hum....max price? u mean 99M???????? I thought there were more ppl playing...

Many peoplw on the 360 have multi Toons and often when I play with oter FTechers the have 2 or 3 10* boards... other that I have talked too are just holding till update on the 25th hopeing to Grinding some 9* Rods Better But atm their is like only 2 places to get that rod.

buzyb77
May 19, 2007, 05:49 PM
yah it would be a bit of a Pain to Make the Switch For ya at this point but if your heming and hawing about it now.... you'll probally do it later and then it will be worse...

Known upcoming on the 360.... The Expantion will be downloadable for 360 only and we will not have to go to The store to ge it.

the Price is like 30$ at walmart for PSU but you can find it cheaper.

Known Stuff if you get this game and a 360.

1. you will need a 3mb internet no Sat internet.
2. you will need to like Some form of Credit Card to your GamerTag
3. becareful what you name yourself and how you spell it cause people will always mess it up
4. you dont' NEED a Gold account but I sugget you get it if you want to play a non MMORPG online FFXI and PSU
5 Get the Elite if you can find one as it is the best deal and.... get a Store Replacement plan..BTw I segesst Circuit City or Best Buy as GameStop is Giving people Back Referbs now and not New Units.
6. Do not get the Wireless Headset... it sucks
7. Do not Get the Core unless you Really want to buy it and then the 120gb Hd and a Hd Set of cables(btw if you have a Standard tv... HD cables don't matter)
8. Please place your new 360 in a good airflow Area.
9. take a look at Sundays papers before you buy as sometine you can get a Free extra Controller or game when you get a new 360
10. if you get a new 360 and want gold sometime you can Find the 13 (12+ 1 free month)month cards for like 40$
11 . while you can Subcribe to PSU really easily on the 360 from the marketplace une Phantasy Star Universe You will have to Call 1-800-4my-Xbox to Cancel.
12. enjoy.

Parn
May 19, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-05-19 15:49, buzyb77 wrote:
8. Please place your new 360 in a good airflow Area.
I'd like to emphasize this. The majority of people who have problems with their 360 don't give their console adequate air circulation. This includes the power supply... it also must have adequate circulation and can't be put behind an entertainment center on the carpet. If it gets too hot, it gets flaky with power output, and the 360 is very picky.

drakkula
May 19, 2007, 06:48 PM
thank you guys this has really been useful info......I might get the X360 as ive compared both ps3 and x360 upcoming games and the X is a lot more interesting to me....
Im not sure about PSU though....